(Topic ID: 225344)

REDUCED: Deadpool (Pro) with NEW Mod Couple Mods!!

By ZMeny

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ironman (resized).jpg
AD3D298A-1BC0-42EC-AEAC-099A494AF4A6 (resized).jpeg
7C0939F7-99DB-4C27-AE87-245418E9CA38 (resized).jpeg
horsetrough01 (resized).jpg
aces01 (resized).jpg
8EC19D1F-472E-4DBC-9287-7AFBF57ED5FB (resized).jpeg
Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
th (resized).jpg
travolta.gif
0C315531-3A64-4ABC-8E4C-A9E588C17D40 (resized).png
8AC632C6-634C-4E9C-B2E5-74109A3B1B8A (resized).png
E2F1084E-73DE-4741-9A81-7960CEA87AC9 (resized).jpeg
C6EAE54C-6584-46EB-B86B-2360E6B9C601 (resized).jpeg
c594d596256c83c77ee3e4601a2af9ba (resized).jpg
IMDN (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 5 years ago

A) for the win. No need to be prideful.

#302 5 years ago

Tell him 4100 but he has to take it right now and put it in the 2 door Prius he pulled up in.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Here’s a question while we pass time ... if the guy who offered 4.1k were to have a change of heart and now offer 5.1k. Would you:
A) Accept his full price offer
B) Reject his full price offer and tell him to shove it, because you won’t deal with him
C) Never hear his offer because you’ve blocked his number and email
I am a type A person, but I don’t think he’d offer full price, so I wouldn’t expect to hear from him

A) let’s not get crazy, but I wouldn’t budge on price.

#304 5 years ago

zach, in just over a week you are going to be at expo.

Saturday October 19 1:00 p.m. “This Week in Pinball & Straight Down the Middle: A Pinball Show” Speakers: Jeff Patterson, Zach Meny & Greg Bone.

you are selling this DP at a demo pin price, and it probably has fewer plays [and more mods] than the actual demos that will be sold in wheeling after they are played over expo weekend. assuming you or someone in your area is driving to expo, jack it back up to 5200 and offer to deliver it to someone attending the show. you will be reaching far more buyers than just those who care to make the drive to evansville.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just finished a conversation with a guy who wanted to buy this machine for 4200. Decided he’d just wait until they release the Deadpool 2 pinball machine that was about to come out because it was cheaper.....This was a pinball vendor guys. Smh. Couple mid 4s offers so because of the good laughs,
$5100. That’s essentially a $675 savings when you add in the generous Mod Couple mods or a $750 savings with the Pin Stadium package added.
Not gonna lie, I’m starting to reconsider the whole early video Review model haha

Queue the “You can’t charge for mods” police in 5, 4, 3....

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Queue the “You can’t charge for mods” police in 5, 4, 3....

you can charge for mods...

just rarely will people pay for them.

I have found that the only mods people regularly pay for are colorDMD and invisiglass. Both which are also easily removed and returned to original condition.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you can charge for mods...
just rarely will people pay for them.
I have found that the only mods people regularly pay for are colorDMD and invisiglass. Both which are also easily removed and returned to original condition.

Don’t forget Pin Stadium Lights Hilton

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t forget Pin Stadium Lights Hilton

Sorry but they promptly get torn out and thrown in the trash. They are not even worth my time to mail them to someone that would use them and they are such shit that I dont wish to help them promote that crap to any noob that could then think they are cool.

I actually pay less for any game that has it installed because I need to remove it.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry but they promptly get torn out and thrown in the trash. They are not even worth my time to mail them to someone that would use them and they are such shit that I dont wish to help them promote that crap to any noob that could then think they are cool.
I actually pay less for any game that has it installed because I need to remove it.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Whyso Whysnow?

#311 5 years ago

Because Scott is not an Underdog and Shilton only shills for his buddies.
But when he shills, then quality and ethics come last, the art of the shill first.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Whyso Whysnow?

I just dont care for it, find it to be worthless and anytime I need to remove a worthless mod from a game then I am not going to pay for it and would prefer to pay less.

I know that can be hard to comprehend for all the pinstadium sponsored shills, but just my opinion man.

If you want to pay for shipping and my time to remove the junk, I would be happy to take them out of any future game I get and send them along. More than likely they will continue to go promptly in the trash.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just dont care for it, find it to be worthless and anytime I need to remove a worthless mod from a game then I am not going to pay for it and would prefer to pay less.
I know that can be hard to comprehend for all the pinstadium sponsored shills, but just my opinion man.
If you want to pay for shipping and my time to remove the junk, I would be happy to take them out of any future game I get and send them along. More than likely they will continue to go promptly in the trash.

No need to hassle to ship them ... just put them in a box and I'll pick them up at the MGC show.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will happily buy them man just let me know

#315 5 years ago

Oh it's worth the time to sell them, they aren't cheap

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Because Scott is not an Underdog and Shilton only shills for his buddies.
But when he shills, then quality and ethics come last, the art of the shill first.

Lowest man on the totem pole when it comes to advice and analysis.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’m about to put a set on a Grand Prix EM. That must make you cringe.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m about to put a set on a Grand Prix EM. That must make you cringe.

Priceless.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder how much more your games would earn on route if people could see the playfield.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I wonder how much more your games would earn on route if people could see the playfield.

I can assure you that all games are easily seen and adding Pinstadium would not even closely justify the price-tag, may even cause a decrease in play. Would definitely cause more time/work as the few location I have seen with them added regularly have them falling off and causing ball hangups.

Trust me, adding some blinding lights to a game is not going to add to play count.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can assure you that all games are easily seen and adding Pinstadium would not even closely justify the price-tag, may even cause a decrease in play. Would definitely cause more time/work as the few location I have seen with them added regularly have them falling off and causing ball hangups.
Trust me, adding some blinding lights to a game is not going to add to play count.

Not the thread for me to debate (though I’d love to haha), but I think you’re off base here honestly. You know it too. An addams family in a dark bar sure as hell gets more plays with Pin stadiums on it. Even people who don’t like the product couldn’t argue with that.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

With the pinstadiums set on any color you cant see the playfeild better and it's harder to track the ball.
I would also pay less with pinstadiums installed as I would have to remove them.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not the thread for me to debate (though I’d love to haha), but I think you’re off base here honestly. You know it too. An addams family in a dark bar sure as hell gets more plays with Pin stadiums on it. Even people who don’t like the product couldn’t argue with that.

Thread is as good as any to debate it. More bumps to try and get this thing sold.

4 spotlights and problem solved. $12 in parts means 30 extra plays to pay it off.

Pinstadiums cost $180? That means 400 extra plays.

Sorry, not even close to worth it. Add in the 1 time they pop off and cause a stuck ball and you have a mad customer and another trip out to service a game because of a mod that fell off. This is a real issue. Last time I was at logan arcade they had then on a handful of games and 3 of the games were down specifically due to pinstadiums blocking balls.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thread is as good as any to debate it. More bumps to try and get this thing sold.
4 spotlights and problem solved. $12 in parts means 30 extra plays to pay it off.
Sorry, not even close to worth it. Add in the 1 time they pop off and cause a stuck ball and you have a mad customer and another trip out to service a game because of a mod that fell off. This is a real issue. Last time I was at logan arcade they had then on a handful of games and 3 of the games were down specifically due to pinstadiums blocking balls.

I must be lucky because the games I have them installed on I have never had them fall off or a ball hung up. If true sounds like the install job was not done properly.

#325 5 years ago

Not sure how this devolved into a Pinstadium thread, but bumping up a game at a good price. Not my wheelhouse personally, but at this price point, I'd rather buy this machine than a NIB. GLWS!

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Most people with bad eyes tend to wear glasses or contacts.

#327 5 years ago

As with most topics both sides are over exaggerating things. I doubt balls get hung up on pinstadiums, but I know for sure acting like you cant see a PF without pinstadium is a bag of shit dicks. Even more hilarious when added to a new Stern, Aka the brightest goddamn things on the face of the earth.
Pretty sure most bars with games aren't as dark as your basement with the lights turned off, IF they are even dark at all.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I find this to be true, but a couple of well placed spot lights and strips usually is enough for me IMO

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As with most topics both sides are over exaggerating things. I doubt balls get hung up on pinstadiums, but I know for sure acting like you cant see a PF without pinstadium is a bag of shit dicks. Even more hilarious when added to a new Stern, Aka the brightest goddamn things on the face of the earth.
Pretty sure most bars with games aren't as dark as your basement with the lights turned off, IF they are even dark at all.

Law, midplayfields on new sterns are dark man, it is what it is. Nobody is arguing that they are to dark to play. Art and visibility are better with pin Stadiums.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Why add spots if the games midplayfield aren’t too dark. Spots work fine, but are a bigger pain in the ass to install and are ugly and do exactly that, project spotlights on playfields rather than evenly distributing light. No argument here that spots are cheaper and add some light.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And led wedges in spots don’t fall out? Haha you’ve gotta be better at debating that that, cmon Hilton up your game

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think there is an easy compromise here. With this proposed solution there is nothing to fall off, you only have to buy once, and it works at home or at the bar. Debate solved. I win the Internet!
lights (resized).pnglights (resized).png

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Why add spots if the games midplayfield aren’t too dark. Spots work fine, but are a bigger pain in the ass to install and are ugly and do exactly that, project spotlights on playfields rather than evenly distributing light. No argument here that spots are cheaper and add some light.

TAF is the one and ONLY game I have ever thought could use some spotlights in a bar environment. I personally am not a fan, but the point is that IF (and that is a BIG if purposefully) an operator feels any game really needs more mid playfield light, it can be accomplished for very little money, very easily, will never cause a stuck ball, and ZERO zebra stripe LED junk to blind the player. They also have the benefit of being easy to fine tune position rather than flood the whole pf and ruin the designers intent and ambiance of the game.

Quoted from ZMeny:

And led wedges in spots don’t fall out?

Anyone with even a small spec of modding knows that hot glue is the 2 second fix and a .03 piece of heat shrink is the permanent fix. Guaranteed to never fall out. I can install 2 pot lights in less time than installing Pinstadium and bonus that I can raise and lower the pf with zero extra effort.

I get that they support your show and you like to light up games for the camera, but these things are super expensive and make zero sense on route unless an operator is doing it for personal preference and is OK dealing with the added hassle and ball sticks. I personally think they are a complete waste and will continue to rip them out of any game I buy with them.

#333 5 years ago

The lights also help attract people to games when on route. I find the lights help especially with tz, mm, tspp. Cant tell you the last time I was in a bar that was bright. Didnt know such a thing existed.

#334 5 years ago

I put invisiglass on my newer games and run original incandescent bulbs in the 80s and 90s ones and I like it better than the blinding LEDs. Even the newer games were never a problem to see.

No problem seeing anything. In fact even easier to see the ball.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TAF is the one and ONLY game I have ever thought could use some spotlights in a bar environment. I personally am not a fan, but the point is that IF (and that is a BIG if purposefully) an operator feels any game really needs more mid playfield light, it can be accomplished for very little money, very easily, will never cause a stuck ball, and ZERO zebra stripe LED junk to blind the player. They also have the benefit of being easy to fine tune position rather than flood the whole pf and ruin the designers intent and ambiance of the game.

Anyone with even a small spec of modding knows that hot glue is the 2 second fix and a .03 piece of heat shrink is the permanent fix. Guaranteed to never fall out. I can install 2 pot lights in less time than installing Pinstadium and bonus that I can raise and lower the pf with zero extra effort.
I get that they support your show and you like to light up games for the camera, but these things are super expensive and make zero sense on route unless an operator is doing it for personal preference and is OK dealing with the added hassle and ball sticks. I personally think they are a complete waste and will continue to rip them out of any game I buy with them.

I’d like to see you do a speed run on installing two spots, video it for us. Supporting the show has nothing to do with it. We like the product so we support it, what’s that have to do with sponsorship?

You rant on about ‘what the designer intends’ so what’s the argument when designers purchase these products for their pins?

And since the word CRAP is being thrown around to describe Pin Stadium quality, elaborate please on the poor quality with actual examples.

I’m up for discussion, but your points are not supported by actual evidence or examples, but merely whiny exaggerations of your feelings about a product. Something tells me it’s not about the product.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TheLaw I'm sure your not going to the right bars...
artworks-000028792919-1z0tg3-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-000028792919-1z0tg3-t500x500 (resized).jpg

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I put invisiglass on my newer games and run original incandescent bulbs in the 80s and 90s ones and I like it better than the blinding LEDs. Even the newer games were never a problem to see.
No problem seeing anything. In fact even easier to see the ball.

No one said you can’t see to play.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No one said you can’t see to play.

Someone told me I needed glasses, but thankfully my eyes have returned to almost 20/20 again.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Law, midplayfields on new sterns are dark man, it is what it is.

It's amazingly not that simple. Saying "midplayfields are dark" is as pointless to me as Hilton telling you anything aboot Pinstadiums.

Dark?...too dark? Dark or too dark for what? Too dark for everyone to see? Not as bright as the brightest part of the PF?
I appreciate the lesson on Sterns, but MET, GOT, GB, SW, IMDN...all games I've owned and played in my dark basement *cue creepy music* so I understand what they look like.

Now, too dark for podcasts, would pinstadiums jazz up a game and get more plays on route..none of that's my area of expertise so I don't comment on it.

My basement *Wilhelm scream* with no lights 3 minutes ago. I mean IS the midfield darker? Kind of maybe...def "darker" between the slings but I don't know...I never have problem seeing the ball.

YMMV, as does everyone's but just acting like the midplayfield (Apparently a term now) is some black hole of nothingness is a bit much.
20181010_142004 (resized).jpg20181010_142004 (resized).jpg

BUMP

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’d like to see you do a speed run on installing two spots, video it for us. Supporting the show has nothing to do with it. We like the product so we support it, what’s that have to do with sponsorship?

sure, I'll get right on that.

Quoted from ZMeny:

You rant on about ‘what the designer intends’ so what’s the argument when designers purchase these products for their pins?

who, what games? When they start coming from the factory with Pinstadium, please ping me.

Quoted from ZMeny:

And since the word CRAP is being thrown around to describe Pin Stadium quality, elaborate please on the poor quality with actual examples.

Crap does not have to mean poor quality, but falling off route games is not a good sign of quality IMHO. It means it is a shitty product. I have posted numerous pictures now of blinding lights and zerba stripes. Looks like crap.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m up for discussion, but your points are not supported by actual evidence or examples, but merely whiny exaggerations of your feelings about a product. Something tells me it’s not about the product.

I dont think there are any exaggerations here. I may use strong language but I have only stated the facts:
-People rarely pay for mods. The ones that most people will pay for include colorDMD or special glass, not pinstadium.
-Pinstadium is expensive and unnecessary to see/play a game.
-Few games would the majority agree could even use more light.
-Pinstadium is a LARGE cost for on route and it makes zero business sense to install them on a game. Basically double the cost for a route equation of expense/split/taxes/etc... They simply are not going to pay for themselves ever.
-IF you really think a game is too dark, then a few spotlights can fix this for a minimal cost.
-Spotlights are easily installed in less time than Pinstadium.
-Spotlights dont need to be removed every time you lift the pf and reinstalled every time you lower it.
-Spotlights dont wash out all the pf art

Last point, if you like Pinstadium so much, then makes sense to remove them from your DP and lower the price. Remove the mods and adjust the price accordingly is often the easiest way to help a sale along.

Personally, DP is a pretty damn fun game.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

With this proposed solution there is nothing to fall off, you only have to buy once, and it works at home or at the bar. Debate solved.

mobile lighting solutions are a practical idea. buy them once, take them with you, and they work on all games regardless of the absence or presence of modified and/or ambient lighting. here is how i approach this problem, and people actually acknowledge it as a good idea.

ironman01 (resized).jpgironman01 (resized).jpg
#342 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's amazingly not that simple. Saying "midplayfields are dark" is as pointless to me as Hilton telling you anything aboot Pinstadiums.
Dark?...too dark? Dark or too dark for what? Too dark for everyone to see? Not as bright as the brightest part of the PF?
I appreciate the lesson on Sterns, but MET, GOT, GB, SW, IMDN...all games I've owned and played in my dark basement *cue creepy music* so I understand what they look like.
Now, too dark for podcasts, would pinstadiums jazz up a game and get more plays on route..none of that's my area of expertise so I don't comment on it.
My basement *Wilhelm scream* with no lights 3 minutes ago. I mean IS the midfield darker? Kind of maybe...def "darker" between the slings but I don't know...I never have problem seeing the ball.
YMMV, as does everyone's but just acting like the midplayfield (Apparently a term now) is some black hole of nothingness is a bit much.
[quoted image]
BUMP

Take a pic of IMDN or DP. Star Wars is pretty good with lighting especially with the factory spotlights. But generally, cameras do a poor job of capturing what the human eye captures.

Here’s mine with a set.

151AAD22-4E21-4594-B517-D774479AE976 (resized).jpeg151AAD22-4E21-4594-B517-D774479AE976 (resized).jpeg
#344 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Someone told me I needed glasses, but thankfully my eyes have returned to almost 20/20 again.

Cataract surgery can also lessen the glare and improve visibility in pinball.
9464E0AD-2683-4238-BE78-ED200A87479A.jpeg9464E0AD-2683-4238-BE78-ED200A87479A.jpeg

#345 5 years ago

“sure, I'll get right on that.”

- Thank you I’m interested in seeing how quick this really is.

“who, what games? When they start coming from the factory with Pinstadium, please ping me.”

- Didnt spooky try lighting up AMH with some, just a lesser effect?

“Crap does not have to mean poor quality, but falling off route games is not a good sign of quality IMHO. It means it is a shitty product. I have posted numerous pictures now of blinding lights and zerba stripes. Looks like crap.”

- Here’s the misinformation I have an issue with. I’ve had zero fall off, in fact, the magnet are super strong so this is in no way accurate.
Any one reading that has the product, do they fall off like Hilton is suggesting?

“I dont think there are any exaggerations here. I may use strong language but I have only stated the facts:

-People rarely pay for mods. The ones that most people will pay for include colorDMD or special glass, not pinstadium. (Do you have any actual evidence to show they don’t pay extra for Pin Stadiums? Evidence I have is that last 8 games I sold with them as an option, 7 wanted them to stay on)

-Pinstadium is expensive and unnecessary to see/play a game. (Is pinball expensive? Is the Butter cab option on spooky pinballs expensive?)

-Few games would the majority agree could even use more light. (Again, another statement founded in nothing, not fact as you claim)

-Pinstadium is a LARGE cost for on route and it makes zero business sense to install them on a game. Basically double the cost for a route equation of expense/split/taxes/etc... They simply are not going to pay for themselves ever. (Again, you say these are facts, but this shit is just unfounded claims)

-IF you really think a game is too dark, then a few spotlights can fix this for a minimal cost. (Agree, but results between spots and pin stadium are much different so not the best comparison)

-Spotlights are easily installed in less time than Pinstadium. (Again, we need some proof here. Just unsupported weak claims given)

-Spotlights dont need to be removed every time you lift the pf and reinstalled every time you lower it. (Truth, hot damn you got one! And by reinstalled you mean sticking two magnets together. Took me longer to write the sentence.)

-Spotlights dont wash out all the pf art (any pictures of washing out playfield art? And are Pin Stadium not adjustable from 1% to 100%? Yet again, false information.)

Last point, if you like Pinstadium so much, then makes sense to remove them from your DP and lower the price. Remove the mods and adjust the price accordingly is often the easiest way to help a sale along. (And the candle on the cake to prove you speak without thinking. They are priced in the ad with or without the product.)

(Insert Charlie Brown Goof Grief)

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But generally, cameras do a poor job of capturing what the human eye captures.

Yes, that's really the point isn't it? Your eye does a much better of 'seeing' than a camera.
It's officially stalemate time for this one. Here's my IMDN (thanks for making me play anyway), that proves both of our sides to us.
You're saying it's dark, I'm saying it is but doesn't matter, you're showing pics of your pink (?) SW pinstads that make everything brighter, which we all agree with from the get go.
20181010_151309 (resized).jpg20181010_151309 (resized).jpg

#347 5 years ago

Interesting debate. Although, it is hard to take all that you are saying (Zach) as 100% honest since they do sponsor your show.

While I am sure you believe you are not biased, would you treat PinStadium the same way you would another vendor if you did experience some issues? Would you talk about those issues the same way on your show?

So, while I agree for the most part with what you are saying, it would probably be best coming from someone who is not on their payroll.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, that's really the point isn't it? Your eye does a much better of 'seeing' than a camera.
It's officially stalemate time for this one. Here's my IMDN (thanks for making me play anyway), that proves both of our sides to us.
You're saying it dark, I'm saying it is but doesn't matter, you're showing pics of your pink (?) pinstadiums that make everything brighter, which we all agree with form the get go. [quoted image]

That pic is perfect!!! Thank you. Poor Zombie Yeti artwork. He deserves better than that mess.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That pic is perfect!!! Thank you. Poor Zombie Yeti artwork. He deserves better than that mess.

Quoted from TheLaw:

that proves both of our sides to us.

yup

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Cataract surgery can also lessen the glare and improve visibility in pinball.
[quoted image]

I've heard lasic surgery works wonders as well.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-pro-1/page/7?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.