(Topic ID: 224699)

For sale: Deadpool (Limited Edition) Deposit. Free Shipping.

By Zavadoza

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67483865-6769-4E53-B9B4-D63F8C347646 (resized).jpeg
deadpool le (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Deadpool (Limited Edition) Deposit. Free Shipping.

Added: 2018-09-04 18:40:12 UTC • Ended: September 6th, 2018
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

$ 2,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

I'm selling Deadpool LE deposit. I ordered on day 1 from a large distributor, so you will receive your game earlier than if you were to place an order for one now. $2,000 to me, $6,795.00 to the distributor before shipping.

Item photos

deadpool le (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Zavadoza's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Zavadoza's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Helotes, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

#2 5 years ago

are you not able to just get a refund?

#3 5 years ago

Non-refundable deposit.

#4 5 years ago

Time to find a new distributor? Non refundable but transferable?

#5 5 years ago

Who is the distributor?

#6 5 years ago

I believe this is a new stern policy. Some distros may just be ignoring it though.

#7 5 years ago

Stern...they're just the best, aren't they?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Non-refundable deposit.

Quoted from jgentry:

I believe this is a new stern policy. Some distros may just be ignoring it though.

I thought only the little guy needed non-refundable deposits. Doesnt Stern have 98% of the market?

Anyway, GLWS!

#9 5 years ago

Is this even a legit distributor????

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Is this even a legit distributor????

Large and in charge.

#11 5 years ago

Why would a distro be worried about selling a DPLE?

#12 5 years ago

It's Game Exchange of Colorado. They have a notice saying due to serious abuse, the LE deposit is non-refundable. They are a great distro, free shipping, no tax (hopefully still applies), and their service is great. I've bought several games from them. Anybody wanting DPLE?

#13 5 years ago

I've never understood the concept of the refundable deposit. What's the point, if it can just be refunded?
At bare minimum, deposit is kept but held and applied towards another pin purchase in the future.

"Anyone can just TAKE a reservation... it's KEEPING the reservation that's important!"
-Seinfeld

#14 5 years ago

Aw hell, you posted a specific retailer's price--doesn't that get Stern's Gestapo sent to your door?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Aw hell, you posted a specific retailer's price--doesn't that get Stern's Gestapo sent to your door?

Looks like I overpaid by $105. Sigh.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That actually is a good point, not that Stern might come knocking--but it might get JJ in trouble--and he is a good dude.

#17 5 years ago

Let the man sell his game in peace.

67483865-6769-4E53-B9B4-D63F8C347646 (resized).jpeg67483865-6769-4E53-B9B4-D63F8C347646 (resized).jpeg
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I've never understood the concept of the refundable deposit. What's the point, if it can just be refunded?
At bare minimum, deposit is kept but held and applied towards another pin purchase in the future.
"Anyone can just TAKE a reservation... it's KEEPING the reservation that's important!"
-Seinfeld

Similar to IMDN, Pre-orders for DPLE went fast before there was gameplay video. I jumped in line to get one. I think it's a good game, but I'm selling my spot for now.

Quoted from Billy16:

That actually is a good point, not that Stern might come knocking--but that it might get JJ in trouble--and he is a good dude.

No. it's not. I didn't sign a NDA and nobody cares. Any interested party wants to know the cost. I didn't post the distributor initially, or intend to, but said to PM me. Everybody started questioning the legitimacy of the distro, so I had to put it out there. Now all the details are there. The cost of this game isn't a secret. Please don't turn this into something it is not.

#19 5 years ago

Did you check with JJ to see if he shares your opinion of whether this will cause him trouble or not? You didn't have to post anything other than you have your deposit with Gex, pm for the actual price.

#20 5 years ago

I've bought all my NIB Sterns from JJ - except Deadpool LE. The reason is I decided to buy after watching the initial Deadflip stream and at that point he was sold out so I put down my deposit and paid in full with another distributor. Of course a week later, he had spots due to buyers backing out but I was already committed elsewhere. I know some people put down deposits in hopes that it will be a hot game to flip (in some cases with multiple distributors and multiple games at each), and if it isn't they just get a refund. Others put down a deposit at the earliest rumor of a game, so they will be able to get one without being scalped if it ends up being popular without really being committed. I think this system sucks for customers who want to see a game before reserving it and sucks for dealers who may get an allotment based on early interest then have games they can't sell after buyers back out. Unfortunately, having a non-refundable deposit might be the best solution. Fortunately, I think this one won't be too difficult to sell - I'd buy it if I weren't already committed at a slightly higher price.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Did you check with JJ to see if he shares your opinion of whether this will cause him trouble or not? You didn't have to post anything other than you have your deposit with Gex, pm for the actual price.

who gives a rats ass. they wont give him back his deposit. he has to do this or lose his 2k

#22 5 years ago

I've purchased games from JJ as well in the past. I don't get the "serious abuse" issue? I like JJ.

But I find this F ing comical. Don't put the pre order BS out there and let the chips fall where they may.

I've had a $2k deposit with JJ for 2 years from a SWLE misfire. And trying to get a refund MINUS fees. No reply yet.

Don't buy the LE's from Stern in the first place!

We are getting F ed as consumers here by Stern and the flippers, its BS!!!

Let your "allotment" go somewhere else and STOP selling pins to people like Kaneda. There is your "abuse" right there.

This is all a bunch of manufactured BS demand at these prices. I'm F ing sick of it!!!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've purchased games from JJ as well in the past. I don't get the "serious abuse" issue? I like JJ.
I've had a $2k deposit with JJ for 2 years from a SWLE misfire. And trying to get a refund MINUS fees. No reply yet.
Let your "allotment" go somewhere else and STOP selling pins to people like Kaneda. There is your "abuse" right there.
This is all a bunch of manufactured BS demand at these prices. I'm F ing sick of it!!!

I think with non-refundable deposits, most of this issue goes away. Only people who really want a game will buy one, and there will be too much risk for the flippers. Cause seriously, how many new titles actually increase in value?

The other thing that's worth mentioning is that at least for the last two LEs (Maiden and Deadpool), Stern is finally offering alot of extra value for the extra cost. Stern glass, armor, shaker, artblades, mirrored backglass... sure beats the sad excuse of an LE I got when I picked up my SWLE!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think with non-refundable deposits, most of this issue goes away. Only people who really want a game will buy one, and there will be too much risk for the flippers. Cause seriously, how many new titles actually increase in value?
The other thing that's worth mentioning is that at least for the last two LEs (Maiden and Deadpool), Stern is finally offering alot of extra value for the extra cost. Stern glass, armor, shaker, artblades, mirrored backglass... sure beats the sad excuse of an LE I got when I picked up my SWLE!

Things change. Distros should NOT order from Stern, while they are pressuring the shit out of them to take quantity, until the F ing horse in the barn!

It's BS. PUT THE GAME OUT THERE AND LET IT F ING SPEAK FOR ITSELF.

"You have 24 hours after the reveal to lock in your spot"?

WTF, just terrible, you haven't even seen any reliable game play yet.

Stern needs to get there shit together and quit shoving these LE's down the Distros throats. F ing period.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good to know this! I would call their ass every day until they refunded my money if i were you.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who gives a rats ass. they wont give him back his deposit. he has to do this or lose his 2k

Good point.

#27 5 years ago

If the Distr was the least bit cool they’d (at minimum) put the LE back up for sale and once a new deposit was obtained then they’d give him back his $2k. I get that a non-refundable deposit helps deal with folks trying to flip an LE for quick bucks on a hot title but a good distributor would help a customer out.

#28 5 years ago

I didn’t ask for a refund and get told no. I’m trying to do right by them. I appreciate the concern, but let’s not bash the distributor. Thanks all.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But I find this F ing comical. Don't put the pre order BS out there and let the chips fall where they may.

What a pile of drunken nonsense.

Sure, a distro should pass on LE's from stern (they can't they are required to take a certain amount of each title) and just not have games to sell even though they make their living selling games. Maybe move their family to a homeless shelter and really show stern who's in charge.

Stern is not the problem, distros are not the problem, dumb asses that have to have a preorder in on every title for fear of missing out on something are the problem. It's hilarious that you think that you are getting screwed as a consumer. These are high cost toys for people with more expendable income then sense. You are screwing yourself.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What a pile of drunken nonsense.
Sure, a distro should pass on LE's from stern (they can't they are required to take a certain amount of each title) and just not have games to sell even though they make their living selling games. Maybe move their family to a homeless shelter and really show stern who's in charge.
Stern is not the problem, distros are not the problem, dumb asses that have to have a preorder in on every title for fear of missing out on something are the problem. It's hilarious that you think that you are getting screwed as a consumer. These are high cost toys for people with more expendable income then sense. You are screwing yourself.

You do realize how absolutely drunken stupid this sounds right?

It’s the consumers fault? F that!

The Distros appear to all be doing quite well and it’s NOT my fault they are forced to take some allotment. We have to worry about them going to the food lines. A load of crap!!! Maybe JJ can weigh in here on how close he is

Gimme a F ing break. What a joke. If it wasn’t for dumbasses like yourself and me in the past then there would be NO allotment

Talking out of both sides. Can’t even believe this comment

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's Game Exchange of Colorado. They have a notice saying due to serious abuse, the LE deposit is non-refundable.

Example:

Distributor orders $100k worth of LEs from Stern. All orders are claimed via pre-order. 1/2 of them flake at the 11th hour due to cold feet, or inability to flip for profit, and want their $2k back. If granted, distributor is stuck with $50k worth of LEs after best window to sell them has passed.

Not fair for flakey buyers to leave distributors holding the bag.

Non-refundable deposits on LEs is good business. No more free rides. You guys will get over it.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Example:
Distributor orders $100k worth of LEs from Stern. All orders are claimed via pre-order. 1/2 of them flake at the 11th hour due to cold feet, or inability to flip for profit, and want their $2k back. If granted, distributor is stuck with $50k worth of LEs after best window to sell them has passed.
No more zero risk to lock down an LE is good policy. No more free rides. You guys will get over it.

Idk why you're quoting me, but ok. Thanks for dropping knowledge that's already been shared.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Example:
Non-refundable deposits on LEs is good business. No more free rides. You guys will get over it.

It’s the dumbest move ever to treat the good loyal customer that way!

That’s why people like Joe and others get my business.

Once again, I’ve never seen a hobby/business where the consumer is constantly asked to get F Ed while they keep jacking up prices.

It’s unbelievably STUPID

Make the Kanedas of the pin world pay the freight not guys that dump a ton of money in their pockets!

I have ZERO concern about some distro being shoved an allotment

Are they making 500 LEs or not? Wtf, it requires 500 buyers from somewhere

If they can’t sell em, Stern needs to eat it. Period.

OR, novel idea, lower the price and close them out like they use to!!!!

You are Fing over your great customers

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s the dumbest move ever to treat the good loyal customer that way!
That’s why people like Joe and others get my business.
Once again, I’ve never seen a hobby/business where the consumer is constantly asked to get F Ed while they keep jacking up prices.
It’s unbelievably STUPID
Make the Kanedas of the pin world pay the freight not guys that dump a ton of money in their pockets!
I have ZERO concern about some distro being shoved an allotment
Are they making 500 LEs or not? Wtf, it requires 500 buyers from somewhere
If they can’t sell em, Stern needs to eat it. Period.
OR, novel idea, lower the price and close them out like they use to!!!!
You are Fing over your great customers

Please explain how not being allowed to flake on your LE order is mistreatment. And those with "Zero concern" for the distributors are I'm sure why this policy came to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-limited-edition-deposit-free-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.