IMG_20150706_213315.jpg
IMG_20150706_212633.jpg
IMG_20150703_171214.jpg
fleche_phospho.jpg
IMG_20150703_163318.jpg
IMG_20150703_163202.jpg
IMG_20150703_163226.jpg
IMG_20150703_163351.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

Daryl's crossbow Mod by Yoyokopter

Added: 2015-07-02 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (March 5th, 2016) • Ended: April 16th, 2016

Price

$ 90

Daryl's crossbow mod for The walking dead LE or Premium
with Laser pointer , easy install , no solder
You can see the beginning of the design here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-own-daryls-crossbow-mod
The arrow can be in stell or printed in various colors
Contact me by PM to have more info on this Mod

$90
****FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE****

Item photos

IMG_20150702_182815_1CS.jpg
IMG_20150621_120348.jpg
IMG_20150703_163351.jpg
IMG_20150703_163226.jpg
IMG_20150703_163202.jpg
IMG_20150703_163318.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are yoyokopter's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to yoyokopter's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Marseille, FR

#2 8 years ago

Didn't see the price. How much shipped to US?

#4 8 years ago

i try the arrow in phosphorescent glow green
in the light

fleche phospho.jpgfleche phospho.jpg

in the dark

IMG_20150703_171214.jpgIMG_20150703_171214.jpg

just for fun

#5 8 years ago

Hi , i make a special model for the Pro TWD , without Laser

IMG_20150706_212633.jpgIMG_20150706_212633.jpg

IMG_20150706_213315.jpgIMG_20150706_213315.jpg

#6 8 years ago

For crying out loud, post a price in your for sale thread.

#7 8 years ago

Contact me by PM to have more info on this Mod

#8 8 years ago

i thought all marketplace listings had to have a price?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

i thought all marketplace listings had to have a price?

Yes, they do. According to the pinside rules your price (and any applicable shipping) must be listed clearly. I will PM the OP.

#10 8 years ago

it's ok there is the price now

#12 8 years ago

Great great mod ! It looks fabulous and the laser pointer is not a gadget, it'll really help you ! Well done Yoyokopter !

#13 8 years ago

Thank's Funflip , kill lot of walkers

#15 8 years ago

I received and installed my crossbow yesterday and it's a great mod, easy to install, great quality, great price, and quite useful, it's a must-have mod for TWD, shipped from France and arrived in about a week

#16 8 years ago

This mod is absolutely awesome. The fit and scale are perfect so it doesn't look like a mod.

Few installation tips from my experience:

- Run the cross bow test after installing and before putting the apron back on to make sure the wires are not binding or rubbing on anything, and that the bow can return all the way to its home positon

- Install some shrink tube in the same area that Stern did for the coil wires to prevent the new wires from rubbing on the metal frame.

-When I first ran the cross bow test it was not making contact with switch 50 (home position). The new bow was preventing it from going all the way back by a 1/16" or less. I had to push the new bow over to the right some and play around with the screw at the pivot point in the Stern mechanism to let it return fully. Sounds more complicated than it was.

-I used some museum wax to hold the cross bow wires tight to the coil (last picture)

The bow is an expensive toy and for less than $100 this really adds the finishing touch. Hopefully now Lyman will add some new code to make it more a part of the game.

And if the laser feels like cheating you can always disconnect it, but I'll cut myself a break since it looks so cool.

Crossbow 1.jpgCrossbow 1.jpgcrossbow3.jpgcrossbow3.jpgcrossbow4.jpgcrossbow4.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Hi , thanks for your comment
But i don't understand why you have got a bug with the home position switch , i test all the mod before the shipping and it's good for me , but all the pinball don't have exactly the same adjustment in factory.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi , thanks for your comment
But i don't understand why you have got a bug with the home position switch , i test all the mod before the shipping and it's good for me , but all the pinball don't have exactly the same adjustment in factory.

It was a little short of making the switch. May have just been the way my crossbow was assembled by Stern. It was an easy fix.

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

I've installed this mod on my pin. The crossbow fits perfectly on the shooter arm. While sliding it onto the arm, I couldn't help but think a whole lot of thought went into designing it. There was plenty of wire left over to connect the wires to the relay. When testing it as mentioned earlier, the laser is angled perfectly to point in the middle of the bicycle girls head. The directions emailed to me are excellent. I'm very happy I bought this mod.

#20 8 years ago

Thank's for your comment , i'am very glad your are happy

#21 8 years ago

great looking mod, congrats

#22 8 years ago

Just installed. Laser is straight, accurate, Xbow looks like a freakin' crossbow now! Great work!

#23 8 years ago

Thank you for your comment and kill a lot of walkers now

#24 8 years ago

I got it as well and the bow looks pretty cool. Installation was done in 7 minutes but I had the same problem with the home switch. The left bow corner is touching the apron very slightly but that seems to be the reason that the home position switch will not close. But easy to fix in few seconds. Laser is looking awesome and is really good to see

Thanks for the great mod

#25 8 years ago

Thank's The_one, killing walkers and have good play

#26 8 years ago

Does the laser only light up when the crossbow is active?

#27 8 years ago

yes the laser is light when the motor of barrel run

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

yes the laser is light when the motor of barrel run

Cool. I put myself on the waitlist last night.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cool. I put myself on the waitlist last night.

I don't understand ?? i don't have waitlist , but i've got 3 crossbow mod ready to ship

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

I don't understand ?? i don't have waitlist , but i've got 3 crossbow mod ready to ship

That's weird. I could have sworn I went to someone's site and put myself on a waitlist. Was that for a different crossbow mod? Do you have a link to your site?

#31 8 years ago

Yes you have make a mistake , it's not my mod on the waitlist
I don't have website , but i sell on this post , if you want see what other mod i do you can see here :
http://www.flipjuke.fr/imprimante-mod-autre-t105128.html

#32 8 years ago

Oops! Never mind. It wasn't a crossbow mod at all. The waitlist was for a GI controller for DE games. I gotta stop smoking so much crack ...

#34 8 years ago

Looks great yoyokopter. I placed a link for our German friends to it.

Thanks for your support. And btw. Let us know about your outlane mod

#35 8 years ago

Got it and installed it a couple of weeks ago. The xbow construct was a little high and didn't fit with the glass on it. Sanded the top a bit and now it works perfectly. Other than that the installation went smoothly and the mod works perfectly without any flaws at all. Thanks for a beautiful mod! The laser doesn't actually help that much (if anything at all), but it's a really cool effect!

I also ordered the xbow mod from Mezel so I will compare them when it arrives.

#36 8 years ago

Thank's for your comment , but I don't understand why the mod rubbed on the glass , I test all my mod on my TWD before the expedition , and I 've never had this trouble , it's strange , it does mean that all pinball machines are not exactly the same

#37 8 years ago

I installed the mod on my game and it was coming up short of closing the switch but with a little adjustment it now works great
Thank you

#38 8 years ago

Installed the mod today, great product. Thanks, yoyokopter

#39 8 years ago

Thank you for your comment, it is always nice

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

I installed the mod on my game and it was coming up short of closing the switch but with a little adjustment it now works great
Thank you

Yes I had to adjust the roller switch a little to activate sooner but apart from that all good. Easy to install and works a treat! Thanks yokokopter!

#41 8 years ago

this product is awesome, very well priced also

#42 8 years ago

Thanks Hasman and Paragon

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

I finally got around to installing mine tonight. What an amazing mod! The thing looks positively awesome! Shame on Stern for not including something like this on such an expensive game. I can't believe how little room yoyokopter had to work with when designing this thing. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble getting mine to consistently close all the way. I'll think I have it tweaked, but then after a couple times, the crossbow refuses to return home. I'm too tired tonight to play with it any longer. When I get a chance tomorrow I'll take another look at it.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finally got around to installing mine tonight. What an amazing mod! The thing looks positively awesome! Shame on Stern for not including something like this on such an expensive game. I can't believe how little room yoyokopter had to work with when designing this thing. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble getting mine to consistently close all the way. I'll think I have it tweaked, but then after a couple times, the crossbow refuses to return home. I'm too tired tonight to play with it any longer. When I get a chance tomorrow I'll take another look at it.

I had the same problem but adjusted the little roller switch that the crossbow hits for the home position. I adjusted the switch outwards a little and now the crossbow activates the switch and stays in position.

#45 8 years ago

Had the switch issue as well, but a little adjustment and it's fine. Excellent mod. Very well made and works great. Fast shipping too. Thank you.

#46 8 years ago

I don't think it's the switch. The first thing I tried was bending the actuator out a little. I think something may be rubbing somewhere, or the wires may be binding. I was really tired at the time, so I couldn't focus very well. I do know that when I put back on the glass it slightly rubbed against the mod. This could be part of the problem.

#47 8 years ago

I just did some experimenting. The problem only occurs when the glass is on. If the glass is off, it works perfectly every time. The glass is obviously slightly pressing down on the top of the crossbow. I'm not sure how to fix this, since the highest point on the crossbow is the metal arrow. It's not like I can file it down. Any suggestions?

#48 8 years ago

Hi , look if the metal arrows is well "clips" in the Crossbow , the arrows is not glue , just clipped in the arrow

#49 8 years ago

Problem solved!!!

After racking my brain for a couple days, I finally came up with a solution to the crossbow hitting the glass problem. I figured I couldn't move the glass, and there really wasn't any leeway with the crossbow itself, so my only option was to somehow lower the playfield. I ended up inserting two washers beneath each playfield hanger bracket. This lowered the playfield just enough to allow the crossbow to move freely back and forth. The mod is now working flawlessly!

Crossbow_kludge.jpgCrossbow_kludge.jpg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Problem solved!!!

After racking my brain for a couple days, I finally came up with a solution to the crossbow hitting the glass problem. I figured I couldn't move the glass, and there really wasn't any leeway with the crossbow itself, so my only option was to somehow lower the playfield. I ended up inserting two washers beneath each playfield hanger bracket. This lowered the playfield just enough to allow the crossbow to move freely back and forth. The mod is now working flawlessly!

Crossbow_kludge.jpg

Nice solution! Damn the variability in these natural materials and hand made items!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.