_MG_5451_(resized).JPG
_MG_5452_(resized).JPG
_MG_5449_(resized).JPG
_MG_5450_(resized).JPG
_MG_5448_(resized).JPG
_MG_5447_(resized).JPG
_MG_5446_(resized).JPG
_MG_5471_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheOnlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How is this not sold in the first hour at this price?
-mof

Because the game needs a full-blown restore to the tune of about $2k in parts and materials, including many parts that are not available, and that's assuming the game is 100% functioning correctly (particularly the Mystery Wheel, which parts are also NOT available for). Add probably close to 100 hours of labor... Add $1400 plus shipping and your invested upwards of $4k and upside-down in value. Why would you spend all that money and do all that work AND take on the countless hours over months (or even years) searching for parts, when you can just buy a 100% working game in very nice condition that doesn't need a restore for about $2500?? The only way I might take this on is if the $1400 included shipping... And that's because I would do the restore myself, with the intention of keeping the game in my permanent collection.

#9 7 years ago

Oops, double post.

#15 7 years ago

Wow, do you uber-defensive people even read posts? Or do you just lock onto a couple key words and manipulate them into something negative? I'm assuming the latter... There was nothing insulting in my post, it was purely facts and MY position and hypothetical intentions on this specific unit. Did I say that I don't PLAY my games? I am well within my rights to take pride of the condition of my games, and its also my right to not want a tattered and thrashed game sitting in my game room among 6 other pristine machines. If everyone wants a thrashed machine sitting in their house, why isn't it sold? Why isn't the seller willing to fix the issues with the game to sell it for a higher price and appeal to a wider range of buyers? Why is it assumed that a game that gets played has to be in beat-to-shit condition? And most importantly, as alleged "pinball enthusiasts", why does my post NOT make logical sense to you??

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I'll bite on your $2K in parts. Are you talking CPR playfield and plastics, cab stencils, all the repro ramps including the subway?

Yup, that's what a restore is.

Quoted from westofrome:

Are there lots of Cyclones with all that for $2.5K?

Is that what I said?? NO, but there are plenty of well maintained original games in quite good condition that DO NOT need to be restored, in that price range!

READ THE POST

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As it is this is a VERY nice original Cyclone that is well worth the money, and needs absolutely ZERO work to be a nice part of any normal human's collection.

VERY nice?!? LMAO, I suspect your "collection" looks more like a pinball junkyard! Your rant and insults were completely uncalled for, and your obviously a world class fuktard.

Quoted from westofrome:

Maybe you're looking at different pictures than I am. I find it hard to believe there are too many unrestored Cyclones out there with significantly better cabs, playfields, or ramps.

Seriously??!! You actually think that THIS game is the shining example of the 9400 of these built??! You must not be on the hunt for one!

Quoted from jgentry:

Do you really have a restored Hurricane?

Gee, when did I say that? NO, I have a gorgeous near-mint original one, altho I have replaced a ton of playfield parts with new, the only remaining flaws are a couple ramp mounting tabs that have been repaired... But new ramps are in the works. I have no harsh intent or words for you Jerry, we've chatted before and I think that you're a really nice guy, as am I... Just quite often tragically misunderstood by insecure idiots.

Man, some of you people make me embarrassed to admit i'm originally from the midwest... Now which one of you arrogant opinionated bucket-heads is going to put your big money where your big mouth is and BUY this machine!!??????????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheOnlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cyclone-williams-1988-1995?tu=TheOnlyest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.