Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

_MG_5460_(resized).JPG
_MG_5458_(resized).JPG
_MG_5459_(resized).JPG
_MG_5457_(resized).JPG
_MG_5456_(resized).JPG
_MG_5455_(resized).JPG
_MG_5454_(resized).JPG
_MG_5453_(resized).JPG
_MG_5451_(resized).JPG
_MG_5452_(resized).JPG
_MG_5449_(resized).JPG
_MG_5450_(resized).JPG
_MG_5448_(resized).JPG
_MG_5447_(resized).JPG
_MG_5446_(resized).JPG
_MG_5471_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,400

for sale

For sale: Cyclone (Williams, 1988)

Added: May 22nd, 2016 Ended: June 8th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Working players Cyclone in decent condition. All LED's and plays fine.

Left ramp is cracked by the ferris wheel and has been glued several times. Right ramp is cracked from where the ball drops down on it from the center ramp. Playfield has ball swirls, and some of the inserts have some wear.

Item photos

_MG_5447_(resized).JPG
_MG_5463_(resized).JPG
_MG_5464_(resized).JPG
_MG_5462_(resized).JPG
_MG_5465_(resized).JPG
_MG_5466_(resized).JPG
_MG_5467_(resized).JPG
_MG_5468_(resized).JPG
_MG_5469_(resized).JPG
_MG_5470_(resized).JPG
_MG_5471_(resized).JPG
_MG_5446_(resized).JPG
_MG_5448_(resized).JPG
_MG_5450_(resized).JPG
_MG_5449_(resized).JPG
_MG_5452_(resized).JPG
_MG_5451_(resized).JPG
_MG_5453_(resized).JPG
_MG_5454_(resized).JPG
_MG_5455_(resized).JPG
_MG_5456_(resized).JPG
_MG_5457_(resized).JPG
_MG_5459_(resized).JPG
_MG_5458_(resized).JPG
_MG_5460_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Warrenton, VA, US

Seller insights

These are knockerlover's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to knockerlover's stats page

1 week later
#3 2 years ago

Wow, upfront detailed seller with tons of pics. Nice job!

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

Previous buyer fell through, reduced price again, bump! Let's get this thing gone!

#5 2 years ago

Will buy if traveling near kings dominion.

#6 2 years ago

How is this not sold in the first hour at this price?
-mof

#7 2 years ago

If someone would buy my Harlem I would be into this.

Are the ramps still in production from Pinball Inc/Starship Fantasy? Looks like they're sold out everywhere.

Would magic eraser work on ball swirls on this era of playfield without having to clear afterward?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How is this not sold in the first hour at this price?
-mof

Because the game needs a full-blown restore to the tune of about $2k in parts and materials, including many parts that are not available, and that's assuming the game is 100% functioning correctly (particularly the Mystery Wheel, which parts are also NOT available for). Add probably close to 100 hours of labor... Add $1400 plus shipping and your invested upwards of $4k and upside-down in value. Why would you spend all that money and do all that work AND take on the countless hours over months (or even years) searching for parts, when you can just buy a 100% working game in very nice condition that doesn't need a restore for about $2500?? The only way I might take this on is if the $1400 included shipping... And that's because I would do the restore myself, with the intention of keeping the game in my permanent collection.

#9 2 years ago

Oops, double post.

#10 2 years ago

Hold on there....

Pictures do say a 1000 words but I have seen and played this game. As was posted, plays fine, solid game, and although the ramps have been cracked/repaired it does not effect game play. Knockerlover goes through his games thoroughly....buy with confidence. Good dude to work with.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Because the game needs a full-blown restore to the tune of about $2k in parts and materials, including many parts that are not available, and that's assuming the game is 100% functioning correctly (particularly the Mystery Wheel, which parts are also NOT available for). Add probably close to 100 hours of labor... Add $1400 plus shipping and your invested upwards of $4k and upside-down in value. Why would you spend all that money and do all that work AND take on the countless hours over months (or even years) searching for parts, when you can just buy a 100% working game in very nice condition that doesn't need a restore for about $2500?? The only way I might take this on is if the $1400 included shipping... And that's because I would do the restore myself, with the intention of keeping the game in my permanent collection.

Because most people buy games to actually play them and then pass them on to another qhen they are finished. Bump for the game that started my pinball addiction

#12 2 years ago

I'll bite on your $2K in parts. Are you talking CPR playfield and plastics, cab stencils, all the repro ramps including the subway? Are there lots of Cyclones with all that for $2.5K?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

What a load of crap. Many people simply do not have the money for a fully restored game or just want a game to play that plays 100%. The game is priced very reasonable and would be a good deal for anyone that just wants a solid game to play. Not everyone is looking for perfect games.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

#15 2 years ago

Wow, do you uber-defensive people even read posts? Or do you just lock onto a couple key words and manipulate them into something negative? I'm assuming the latter... There was nothing insulting in my post, it was purely facts and MY position and hypothetical intentions on this specific unit. Did I say that I don't PLAY my games? I am well within my rights to take pride of the condition of my games, and its also my right to not want a tattered and thrashed game sitting in my game room among 6 other pristine machines. If everyone wants a thrashed machine sitting in their house, why isn't it sold? Why isn't the seller willing to fix the issues with the game to sell it for a higher price and appeal to a wider range of buyers? Why is it assumed that a game that gets played has to be in beat-to-shit condition? And most importantly, as alleged "pinball enthusiasts", why does my post NOT make logical sense to you??

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I'll bite on your $2K in parts. Are you talking CPR playfield and plastics, cab stencils, all the repro ramps including the subway?

Yup, that's what a restore is.

Quoted from westofrome:

Are there lots of Cyclones with all that for $2.5K?

Is that what I said?? NO, but there are plenty of well maintained original games in quite good condition that DO NOT need to be restored, in that price range!

READ THE POST

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wow, do you uber-defensive people even read posts? Or do you just lock onto a couple key words and manipulate them into something negative? I'm assuming the latter... There was nothing insulting in my post,

Your post is getting dissed because it is incredibly stupid, petty, and makes zero sense.

Even IF you are one of these weirdos who can't live with any game that isn't restored to new, you would STILL have to buy a base game. Good luck finding a Cyclone base game for much cheaper than this. So what on Earth are you complaining about? Are there really $700 Cyclone base games lying around you can snatch up for your incredible complete $2500 restoration? Extra points for "I MIGHT take it for $1400 if that included shipping!" as if a big shot like you is gonna let $300 in shipping keep him from getting started on his $2500 restoration.

As it is this is a VERY nice original Cyclone that is well worth the money, and needs absolutely ZERO work to be a nice part of any normal human's collection.

The only intelligent thing you've posted in this entire thread is "oops."

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Yup, that's what a restore is.

Is that what I said?? NO, but there are plenty of well maintained original games in quite good condition that DO NOT need to be restored, in that price range!
READ THE POST

Maybe you're looking at different pictures than I am. I find it hard to believe there are too many unrestored Cyclones out there with significantly better cabs, playfields, or ramps. The reason the repro ramps sold out is that every single original ramp had cracks, after all. Hope they make more.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wow, do you uber-defensive people even read posts? Or do you just lock onto a couple key words and manipulate them into something negative? I'm assuming the latter... There was nothing insulting in my post, it was purely facts and MY position and hypothetical intentions on this specific unit. Did I say that I don't PLAY my games? I am well within my rights to take pride of the condition of my games, and its also my right to not want a tattered and thrashed game sitting in my game room among 6 other pristine machines. If everyone wants a thrashed machine sitting in their house, why isn't it sold? Why isn't the seller willing to fix the issues with the game to sell it for a higher price and appeal to a wider range of buyers? Why is it assumed that a game that gets played has to be in beat-to-shit condition? And most importantly, as alleged "pinball enthusiasts", why does my post NOT make logical sense to you??

Do you really have a restored Hurricane?

#20 2 years ago

First of all, thanks to many of you for the bumps and the kind words. This was Jgentry's game a bit ago so, I'm glad he could chime in as well. (BTW, I'm loving the heck out of TSPP!)

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

To say the game "_needs_ a full-blown restore" is a subjective opinion. I tend to like my games in players+ to collector condition also, and to your point that's one reason why this one is on the selling block. That doesn't mean that it's a bad game for others, a starter-pin, someone who likes this title but doesn't desire or want to pay for a collector-quality game, or someone who loves the game and wants to restore it.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

"tattered and thrashed" I think that's a little unfair, I agree this isn't a HEP game but I think we've all seen truly thrashed games with blown-out playfields, non-working, etc. This isn't that. I understand, that grading pins certainly is subjective, and it's always risky when you're reliant on someone else's grading in a distance purchase. That's why I try to take good pictures, keep honest about the issues I'm aware of, and maintain a decent reputation. Hopefully the combination of those things will help potential buyers

I'm not willing to fix the issues because while I like this game, I'm on a different mission.. I've got room for 8-9 games, and currently have.. 8. I want to fill my basement with pins in the top 20. To spend time/money on this (for me) doesn't meet my mission. Also, this hobby isn't all about the money for me, so I'm not hard pressed to make every last penny on it. I'm just hoping someone else will enjoy it, and I'll get to continue looking for my top 10.

"purely facts" I definitely agree with a fact based approach to pinside posts, especially when it comes to sales! Boston Pinball's ebay sales summary is only a small portion of the market, and lots of us (myself included) have a somewhat negative opinion of ebay sales. However, it is data nonetheless and 58 people (4 this year) have paid on average ~$1500 for cyclone. It doesn't reference condition specifically as it relates to price, but I would venture to guess that in that price range we're not talking about restored games. That being said I think the current price of $1400 is more than fair, and there are buyers out there.

Keep the bumps coming

#21 2 years ago

Well I would buy it if I lived closer, one of my favorite games of all time - "you pay your money you take your chances"

#22 2 years ago

Hey you with the face!

Cyclone is a great 1-ball machine and this is a fair price. GLWS!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As it is this is a VERY nice original Cyclone that is well worth the money, and needs absolutely ZERO work to be a nice part of any normal human's collection.

VERY nice?!? LMAO, I suspect your "collection" looks more like a pinball junkyard! Your rant and insults were completely uncalled for, and your obviously a world class fuktard.

Quoted from westofrome:

Maybe you're looking at different pictures than I am. I find it hard to believe there are too many unrestored Cyclones out there with significantly better cabs, playfields, or ramps.

Seriously??!! You actually think that THIS game is the shining example of the 9400 of these built??! You must not be on the hunt for one!

Quoted from jgentry:

Do you really have a restored Hurricane?

Gee, when did I say that? NO, I have a gorgeous near-mint original one, altho I have replaced a ton of playfield parts with new, the only remaining flaws are a couple ramp mounting tabs that have been repaired... But new ramps are in the works. I have no harsh intent or words for you Jerry, we've chatted before and I think that you're a really nice guy, as am I... Just quite often tragically misunderstood by insecure idiots.

Man, some of you people make me embarrassed to admit i'm originally from the midwest... Now which one of you arrogant opinionated bucket-heads is going to put your big money where your big mouth is and BUY this machine!!??????????

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wow... This is the third Cyclone ad in three months that you have bashed on. Did someone sell you a lemon Cyclone and your butt still hurt?
I do see your point, but your approach needs lots of work.

#25 2 years ago

Does this idiot get paid by the question mark?????????

#26 2 years ago

If I had the cash I'd buy it. Unfortunately, I do not. GLWTS.

#27 2 years ago

Akm. Let's just put it at your place so I can open up some room.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Akm. Let's just put it at your place so I can open up some room.

Ha. There is a spot open in my main room... Just sayin'.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I am well within my rights to take pride of the condition of my games, and its also my right to not want a tattered and thrashed game sitting in my game room among 6 other pristine machines.

Hey pinside, quit trampling all over his rights!

#30 2 years ago

If you were closer to NY this would be in my game room now. Cyclone was THE pin that got me started on pins way back in the day. I am sure someone will snag this up. GLWS

#31 2 years ago

Bump for an extremely fun game
And priced to sell

#32 2 years ago

Looks good to me. Good luck!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside