B779E8D7-1580-4DD9-896F-4B2D7FDBA7B2 (resized).jpeg
CE2B12F0-DE9A-4E5C-B716-4B44CECF9B05 (resized).jpeg
2260D5B0-D1DC-48C1-866E-A713B4249B33 (resized).jpeg
29163057-AA74-42D3-8959-3F9A3B9D01CA (resized).jpeg
8363F72D-3809-427A-A589-06E8D9AE80FC (resized).jpeg
6F370B00-FFF6-450C-8802-C0C486DBF82E (resized).jpeg
91DAE177-FF13-415B-8F11-3F0A0481AB83 (resized).jpeg
70C9F562-FE35-45CB-AA0D-A5C47D34A86B (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Added: 2019-02-09 14:54:49 UTC • Ended: February 19th, 2019
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 5,000

Update to the update: I got the mirror motor to work, so both hologram motors are in working condition.

Update: I fixed the EOS error. I also fixed the mirror motor.

This is the first pinball machine I ever bought. I got it from Automated Services about 3 years ago. It has a NOS hologram that is still green. I’ve also replaced the broken plastics and added LEDs. I shopped it last month and replaced all the rubber with Titans. It has a couple issues but plays great. There is wear on the play field by the FILM. A ramp could use a replacement due to a crack but doesn’t affect gameplay. Both hologram motors work now, but they’re out of alignment or something because they’re casting a weird shadow on the hologram when the mirror rotates to the left.

I’m not looking for trades. This is my wife’s favorite machine and she wants to upgrade to Beatles. So looking for cash.

###-###-#### [phone number removed]

Item photos

2260D5B0-D1DC-48C1-866E-A713B4249B33 (resized).jpeg
0B1532F5-A8E6-40C8-8EBD-23F3A7F4AEF8 (resized).jpeg
29163057-AA74-42D3-8959-3F9A3B9D01CA (resized).jpeg
3FDF363D-466A-4CCB-B6C3-B7AFA383DB03 (resized).jpeg
46415B40-BAA8-40EA-87EA-091F91FDFB35 (resized).jpeg
6C0FC3AC-9A45-4393-BB07-0A5AF57A54DC (resized).jpeg
57591FEA-C771-43BB-A692-B7F227DDB7C9 (resized).jpeg
6F370B00-FFF6-450C-8802-C0C486DBF82E (resized).jpeg
70C9F562-FE35-45CB-AA0D-A5C47D34A86B (resized).jpeg
78266223-FB1D-466E-AFE3-B252D1AF3F63 (resized).jpeg
8363F72D-3809-427A-A589-06E8D9AE80FC (resized).jpeg
8F411270-2007-4456-8CA6-C946C6B856F5 (resized).jpeg
91DAE177-FF13-415B-8F11-3F0A0481AB83 (resized).jpeg
A9D4DBB0-139B-4237-86F6-3AE230F60996 (resized).jpeg
B779E8D7-1580-4DD9-896F-4B2D7FDBA7B2 (resized).jpeg
C07CAC62-FFB4-49C1-BBC0-013F00F609EA (resized).jpeg
C4AE5C8A-7540-464F-9921-1F0EC918AC12 (resized).jpeg
CE2B12F0-DE9A-4E5C-B716-4B44CECF9B05 (resized).jpeg
F5703E10-C205-4E4F-AA79-F1BC16CAEFC2 (resized).jpeg
F97D83E1-7FDC-4E89-B922-F6DD29854596 (resized).jpeg
1A959D53-B2D7-46FC-A06D-C737B1F1F48E (resized).jpeg
8961A2F0-5540-4EBA-9F91-15973E039E60 (resized).jpeg
89AC7498-BE8B-40E5-AD2B-F5A954CBAF37 (resized).jpeg
0DBB2122-2E4F-46F3-8076-EC2DC93CC26A (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mizzou0103's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mizzou0103's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bethlehem, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Ice Cream Cone - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

#2 5 years ago

Great price for an original green holo, tempting!

#3 5 years ago

Snow day bump.

#4 5 years ago

Price drop bump.

#5 5 years ago

Friday bump

#6 5 years ago

Damn, this is a nice enough creature it would make me consider getting it back! Color dmd and PinSound with the TheWool mix upgrades this game to a new level!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn, this is a nice enough creature it would make me consider getting it back! Color dmd and PinSound with the TheWool mix upgrades this game to a new level!

Thanks for the positive post. I’m kind of surprised at the lack of interest at this point.

#8 5 years ago

Simply too flooded a market right now. Give it time. Tax refund season is not far away....

#9 5 years ago

If someone is interested and able to pick it up this weekend, I’d take $4900.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Thanks for the positive post. I’m kind of surprised at the lack of interest at this point.

There's just way too much for sale and NIB now; even the most well regarded games are sitting. And as prices go up, it prices a lot of buyers out of the market

#11 5 years ago

Great game but you can get a NIB munsters for $5200. Hard to pony up $4900 for a 27yr old game. The market has changed significantly and very quickly. It really seems like games in the $4000-$5500 range are in a bad spot due to the $5k entry price of a NIB. Unfortunately I think these games are going to lose a lot of value due to the flashy allure of new titles with lcd screens and such standard. Best of luck in finding a buyer cause it really is a great game. Like stated above tax season is here maybe that will bring you a buyer but don't be surprised if you end up having to reduce the price more.

#12 5 years ago

Figured I'd ask, ever traveling to Indiana bump? Glwts

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Great game but you can get a NIB munsters for $5200. Hard to pony up $4900 for a 27yr old game. The market has changed significantly and very quickly. It really seems like games in the $4000-$5500 range are in a bad spot due to the $5k entry price of a NIB. Unfortunately I think these games are going to lose a lot of value due to the flashy allure of new titles with lcd screens and such standard. Best of luck in finding a buyer cause it really is a great game. Like stated above tax season is here maybe that will bring you a buyer but don't be surprised if you end up having to reduce the price more.

Probably right on target right now; but I believe the time and effort put into those 90s DMD games layouts, rule sets, etc will outlast the newer games. Stern games are fun, and they do good themes, but I always feel like they feel "cheap"
Compared to B/W games. Just
Hold out for a buyer who's into the theme as well as the game itself

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I would normally agree, but it’s already well below market for CFTBLs that sold in the last three months. There were about 5 that sold for north of $5k since November.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Great game but you can get a NIB munsters for $5200. Hard to pony up $4900 for a 27yr old game.

I understand your logic but CFTBL is a collectible game and a total classic. The price will just stay steady or go up whereas you'll lose money on Munsters the moment you pop the box.

This is a smoking deal.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Figured I'd ask, ever traveling to Indiana bump? Glwts

Unfortunately not.

#17 5 years ago

Yeah this ain't no stern, awesome pin they don't make em like this anymore, don't give it away, glwts.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Yeah this ain't no stern, awesome pin they don't make em like this anymore, don't give it away, glwts.

Not planning on it. . $4900 was always my absolute floor. Worst case I’ll just let it sit and wait for my bonus to get Beatles.

#19 5 years ago

Perhaps potential buyers are scared off by the issue with the hologram not rotating. I think it would help if you posted pics of the sides of the cabinet as well.

#20 5 years ago

Ramps are available, same for cab decals, and I believe there's a decal for the wear between the flippers. Not to mention repro pf's have been made once and are coming around again soon. Like Don44 said, maybe a couple more pics of the side of the cab. I'd venture to say the holo motor problem is fixable -

I love the look of the new Munsters but CFTBL is a classic, have had mine forever....we'll see if people are still clamoring over the Munsters in 25 years.....

It'll sell.

#21 5 years ago

The issues that the OP mentioned in his original post are relatively simple to fix.

Lay down clear vinyl/mylar to stop the wear on "FILM" (mine has a bit of this as well, and that's what I did, and until Mirco gets the PFs out, this will be just fine).

Ramps are available, thank goodness. Some work to get them out, but it is at least a problem that can be addressed.

The EOS error, if you look at the manual, states that that is part of a grounded switch column. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that "switch" is losing ground somewhere in the machine. That, or in this case, the opto board for the flipper may be getting a lil' hit-and-miss. Wonder if re-soldering the male pins and cleaning the female pins would help. That would be one I'd have to be there and experiment with.

The hologram motor being replaced: where did you get it? Those motors are HARD to find, and there are cross reference motors available that do meet the specs required. Do you know for sure you have a compatible motor...? If so, disconnect the pigtail connectors, get a DMM, set to 20V DC, put your black lead on the ground braid in the machine and your red lead on the pigtail wires from the machine side of the wire harness (all of this with the hologram motor test running). See if you get a value on each pin of the pigtail. If you do, the connection at the pigtail is just "hit-and-miss" and can be tested with jumper wires to ensure the motor is getting the proper voltages to power it. If not, something on the machine's side of the wire harness is being silly/needs to be fixed.

Stern machines are great, but if you want the older "classic DMD era" games, DIY skills are a must (or a healthy checkbook if you are lucky enough to have a pinball tech nearby).

#22 5 years ago

There actually is no upper left flipper....I read somewhere about that phantom switch error message and how to get rid of it...might have to do some forum searching....

Hopefully you get lucky w the motor and it's just not getting juice.

#23 5 years ago

Eos error usually occur bc the flipper opto boards have a issue... swap the left and right one and see if it consists.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

<That is one way to look at it. Another way is that Munsters will sell for 4500 to 4700 as a resale in a year when new games are out (maybe lower, look at other NIB sales). This game has some small issues that I am sure can be improved. It is not going to go much lower then what it is at now and with a little work could easily sell for more.

There are some decals out there to put over the film issues. Not perfect, but cover nicely and add a little mylar. I have done that on my game and I have had 50 or so people play my game and no one commented ( and believe me a few of them would be glad to point out the games faults).

A green hologram is a big plus. I would rather deal with figuring out the motor then having the "Blue " hologram. The EOS switch is some thing lying to the CPU that there is a switch problem. Some good ideas here as starters.

Agree with DON44, need to see the whole cabinet.

If I was in the market, I would buy the Crech now, fix the issues, sell down the road when ready and get the Munsters HUO at a discount. I would try and resolve the issues and then sell. Good Luck.

#25 5 years ago

This guy may have some left. (mirror motor). I bought two and the are very well put together. worked like a charm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-motor-kit#post-4279667

#26 5 years ago

Hey i'm right thete with the rest of you. I love the 90's bally/williams games and think they are much better and thoughtout yhsn the newer sterns. I'm only making the point thst people are passing on them due the flashy gimmicks of the new games thst are being put out. Hell if I lived cliser to the OP I would buy it cause its a great game.

#27 5 years ago

In case it was holding anyone back, I added pics of the sides of the cabinet.

#28 5 years ago

Now I feel so dumb. I reseated the flipper board connector and the eos error went away.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

There actually is no upper left flipper....I read somewhere about that phantom switch error message and how to get rid of it...might have to do some forum searching....
Hopefully you get lucky w the motor and it's just not getting juice.

I had a Jackbot or a Dirty Harry I picked up years ago, can’t remember which one, but it had the same phantom switch error. Diagnosed and there were no physical flipper or switch issues. After going through the game’s wiring diagram, it turned out there was a either a board swap from another WPC that probably occurred on route and either the board pins or plugs were not matching. Moved 2 wires, punched them down, eos error gone.

#30 5 years ago

Pic for proof the credit dot stopped.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

This is a steal for a timeless classic! I'd make the trip to pick it up if I didn't already own it.
Color DMD, Pin sound, Pin Stadium & The eventual hologram mod do wonders!

CFTBL After (resized).jpgCFTBL After (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

This is a steal for a timeless classic! I'd make the trip to pick it up if I didn't already own it.
Color DMD, Pin sound, Pin Stadium &amp; The eventual hologram mod do wonders!
[quoted image]

Show off . Great deal OP, I’m sure it’ll be scooped up very soon.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I would normally agree, but it’s already well below market for CFTBLs that sold in the last three months. There were about 5 that sold for north of $5k since November.

Did those have the amount of issues that yours does? Hologram doesnt turn, playfield wear, damaged ramp, other gremlims you mentioned, etc? Plus it has only been a week.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Did those have the amount of issues that yours does? Hologram doesnt turn, playfield wear, damaged ramp, other gremlims you mentioned, etc? Plus it has only been a week.

Someone sold one for $4500 with screw holes in the playfield and broken plastics.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Someone sold one for $4500 with screw holes in the playfield and broken plastics.

I remember that one. Two screw holes in the playfield would be less damage then the wear on your playfield. New plastics are what? About $150.
There was also one on Fb in really great condition a few months ago for $4300. I passed on it to buy my Scared Stiff.
Not trying to bash your price since I think it's a pretty average price for the condition game is in. But the real question is what is the right price for the game to sell??

#36 5 years ago

You left a line in original desc about you and a tech working on the error you already fixed as of today. I'd edit that line out to reduce any confusion.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Now so feel dumb. I reseated the flipper board connector and the eos error went away.

That’s great!!

#38 5 years ago

This would be gone if shipping was an option, great price!!!

#39 5 years ago

Bump for good game and good price

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Great game but you can get a NIB munsters for $5200.

Who do I contact for this pricing?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

It was a figurative price. The point I was trying to make is a lot of people who are coming into the hobby when confronted with a game that is 27yrs old that is $5k would probably opt for a brand new game for very little more $.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Call around. Street price is still cheaper then advertised.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It was a figurative price. The point I was trying to make is a lot of people who are coming into the hobby when confronted with a game that is 27yrs old that is $5k would probably opt for a brand new game for very little more $.

Good!!!! I'll take all the good 90s WPC games while they pick up the ooooo shiney games.

#43 5 years ago

I like the discussion, but do you all mind if we move the broader price discussion to another thread? I’m worried I’m going to become infamous on Pinside for one of those super long For Sale posts.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The hologram motor being replaced: where did you get it? Those motors are HARD to find, and there are cross reference motors available that do meet the specs require

thenaimis sells a replacement kit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-infamous-cftbl-motors-repro

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m worried I’m going to become infamous on Pinside for one of those super long For Sale posts.

That wont happen.. your game has 4 legs ; ).

I'll happily respect your request and stop here. GLWYS!!

#46 5 years ago

Did those have the amount of issues that yours does? Hologram doesnt turn, playfield wear, damaged ramp, other gremlims you mentioned, etc? Plus it has only been a week.</blockquo
Troll much??

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I like the discussion, but do you all mind if we move the broader price discussion to another thread? I’m worried I’m going to become infamous on Pinside for one of those super long For Sale posts.

Bumps are good

#48 5 years ago

Personally i think it's a good price. The nos hologram adds some value (imo). If i had the space and the money I'd probably have jumped on this already. Good luck with sale, op. I think cftbl is an awesome game!

#49 5 years ago

OP wondered why game hasnt sold, yet alienated 90% of potential buyers by refusing to ship... (scratching head)

#50 5 years ago

Bump. Got the mirror motor to work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-48?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.