IMG_2118 (resized).JPG
IMG_2116 (resized).JPG
IMG_2107 (resized).JPG
IMG_2060 (resized).JPG
IMG_2065 (resized).JPG
IMG_2064 (resized).JPG
IMG_2063 (resized).JPG
IMG_2061 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: CQ Indy 500 - NOS PF - Mike Chestnut Restoration

Featured Ad

Added: 2016-12-16 22:20:53 UTC • Ended: January 15th, 2017
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 4,775 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

This is a stunning Indy 500 - with a NOS PF (factory clearcoat - around 200 plays, looks brand new) and High-End Mike Chestnut Chrome Trim everywhere, including change box, legs, back box, hinges, side rails, lockbar.

Full Mike Chestnut $3,200 documented restoration a year ago - there is a photo with itemized inventory attached. Everything shopped out perfect.

This is close to perfect, except cabinet has a few dings (but little or no fade).
Detailed pics/info upon request.

$5,500 *REDUCED* to a steal at $4,775.

Cash or trades considered: MMR, TAF, TZ... will consider any game that are in Uber condition - with Clearcoated PF (sort of my "thing" lol) especially System 11's and 70' Gottlieb Wegehead EM's.

Item photos

IMG_2061 (resized).JPG
IMG_2063 (resized).JPG
IMG_2064 (resized).JPG
IMG_2065 (resized).JPG
IMG_2060 (resized).JPG
IMG_2107 (resized).JPG
IMG_2116 (resized).JPG
IMG_2118 (resized).JPG
IMG_2119 (resized).JPG
IMG_2127 (resized).JPG
IMG_2117 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are KingDaddy's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to KingDaddy's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Marblehead, MA, US

#6 7 years ago

One error "Flipper EOS" that's a false reading - no issue whatsoever. Flippers are rebuilt and robust.

2 weeks later
#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments....

Lots of inquiries - but surprised to say it's still available... Only 2,249 units made - and this might be well the nicest example. I just heard this was Mike Chestnut's favorite all-time game, so a lot of love clearly went into his restoration and it really shows.

This is my second Indy (and I've owned two really nice WH20's) and my opinion is this is the best Nordman game... thought this would be a forever keeper, but I am moving away from DMD's - and towards collectible early stuff.

Anyway, someone will be really happy - and again with a $3,200 restoration, it's a great deal.

I can send more pics etc.

Thanks.

#14 7 years ago

Reduced (gulp) down to $4,775. This is a gorgeous CQ pin that plays like new.

#18 7 years ago

Final bump - we just got snow last night and more is coming. Some of you will remember two winters ago - no one could move pins around here for two months+. My driveway is clear and it's supposed to be warm later this week, so this could be the final window if someone wants this.

And I'm not sure I will relist - if I do, not sure I'll go this low on price again, since it's well below how much money went into it.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

This is one of those issues with how much you put into a game vs. how much you can get back. It is without a doubt a BEAUTIFUL game, but the cost has put is so much over market price that it's now hard to sell. I have two pins that I've put money into that I will never get back. I knew that going in and I reminded myself of that when I sold one at about a $1200K loss vs. what I spent. I simply put so much into the game that (because I wanted to) that it break-even wasn't a reasonable price to ask and I didn't want to wait years until I found that one person who wanted this exact game with the over the top restoration that was done to it.
It's hard to sell a game when it's restoration price ($3200) is the price of the game itself, in nice condition.

Your point would make more sense (in my case) if I was asking $6,400 for it, which is what it's worth if you simply add this cost of an average game with the restoration. But I'm not - not even close. At my current asking price it would be like getting extremely lucky and finding an Indy 500 for $1,500 (before adding NOS PF, Chrome, full restoration).

I've gotten some decent offers, btw, including a trade for a game I could easily resell for well over 5k.

Again, last call.

Thanks.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

$1500? How much is an i500 with a dinged cabinet and totally destroyed playfield, rails, lockdown bar? I'm guessing the boards also needed work if the pf was so beat that it had to be fixed. Sounds like you got it back to excellent condition except for the cabinet. A lot of buyers do not want to pay for mods or upgrades so price above what a normal game would cost is not worth it to them.
That being said, a beater game would get you $1500. You upgraded it to a $3000 machine (considering cabinet issues). This means your market is people willing to pay $1775 for a clearcoat and chrome detailing. Not saying it cant sell, it can, but the market gets smaller and smaller when you are more than 50% over normal price. You need a buyer who understands the value and not concerned about losing $ at resale several years from now. Glws, sincerely.

A lot of what you're saying is flat-out-incorrect...

It's a $1,200 NOS PF (factory clearcoat) that's repopulated with all new parts. The cabinet is actually in beautiful shape with a little or no fade and the boards are pristine, which would indicate the game Chris started with was very nice - not the "beater" you describe. Chris's mission clearly was to make it beautiful, to look and play like brand new, which he more than succeeded at.

The "$3,200 Chris Chestnut" restoration doesn't list the chrome coin box, which typically goes for around $500. Along with full LED's. So, it's more accurate to call it a "$3,700 restoration."

I get that many people don't really care about the condition of a pinball machine. But to those who do, this is a gem and priced more than fairly.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

was the factory NOS pf clearcoated or is it just the original as it came from the factory?
At first I thought fomr the notes that the NOS pf had been cleared, but now it sounds liek no additional clear was done. Thanks for clarifying.

It's a brand new $1,200 NOS PF with factory clearcoat. Around 250-300 plays on it. Multiple offers in mid 4k's and trades which I've rejected.

It looks like it's sold.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cq-indianapolis-500-w-new-oem-clearcoated-pf?tu=KingDaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.