You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA82D31B-2C64-47BA-912F-35A12BBDBFDB (resized).jpeg
cosmic_carnival (resized).jpg
WHAAAAAT (resized).jpg
IMG_1130 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Cosmic Carnival $4000

Added: 2019-12-26 16:24:59 UTC • Ended: December 29th, 2019
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

Price

$ 4,000

Cosmic Carnival, the last one built, #25 out of 25 made. $6K new, steal it for $4000.

Item photos

IMG_1130 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinballmike217's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinballmike217's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Naples, FL, US

#2 4 years ago

Wow, good price... is it that bad?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was wondering the same thing

#4 4 years ago

If this were closer to me I'd seriously consider it. Never played it, but I just love the aesthetics so much.

#5 4 years ago

I've played one, it isn't bad, but they did need to keep going on the code to make it good.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I've played one, it isn't bad, but they did need to keep going on the code to make it good.

Keep going on code? Didn't they file for bankruptcy and dissolve the pinball operation?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Keep going on code? Didn't they file for bankruptcy and dissolve the pinball operation?

WHAAAAAT (resized).jpgWHAAAAAT (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, they did. I guess I should have made it more clear, they needed to keep going with the code. I don't see it happening short of a grass roots movement.

#9 4 years ago

Its more doable than most games. It uses proc boards so code is in python

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Why do Pinsiders always assume the worst? No! it's a cool game but I am an operator and the game is better suited to home use as it does not have audit functions. My loss is your gain. I just need to recoup what I can and get back to work.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Why do Pinsiders always assume the worst? No! it's a cool game but I am an operator and the game is better suited to home use as it does not have audit functions. My loss is your gain. I just need to recoup what I can and get back to work.

Ah that’s too bad, I’m jumping into the whole operating thing so the only reason I’d buy it is to put it out at my arcade.
No audits, wow they really had bare bones on this one. It’s really too bad that the arcade side of things went belly up and unfortunately brought the pinball side down with it.
Seen that too many times.
Remember to Diversify your assets, people!

#12 4 years ago

I’ve flipped this game and it is indeed not great. For the right collector, this is a great buy though

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’ve flipped this game and it is indeed not great. For the right collector, this is a great buy though

Pooping on someone's for sale ad is bad taste @christhepintern . Free bump for OP.

#14 4 years ago

Why do Pinsiders always assume the worst?

There was some discussion on the layout and shots on this game not being too great, but I wasn't sure how valid those criticisms actually were.

Either way, this game would probably be a good deal for someone.

#15 4 years ago

I’ve purchased many games from Mike and he’s one of the good ones. He’s always taken care of me without question.

Buy with confidence. This is an absolute steal. I’d jump on it, but I have to build funds after the new year and it will probably be gone by then.

#16 4 years ago

While not the best playfield layout, this is a very rare (low production) game at a good price.
This pin has the modern LCD-screen look but will stand out in any game room due to its rarity.
Someone with the room for a big collection of pins should grab this while they can.

#17 4 years ago

Need long timeframe thinking- in 10 years, only 25 made, will go for $$$$$$??

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There was some discussion on the layout and shots on this game not being too great, but I wasn't sure how valid those criticisms actually were.

As a moderator you should know better than anyone else that if you have questions about a game you should start your own thread. A for sale post is NOT the place to start a debate.

#19 4 years ago

A for sale post is NOT the place to start a debate.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Either way, this game would probably be a good deal for someone.

#20 4 years ago

Game is under agreement, Thanks so much for all the kind comments and input. Have a great New Year everyone!

#21 4 years ago

Great price for a rare game.

#22 4 years ago

As a moderator you should know better than anyone else that if you have questions about a game you should start your own thread. A for sale post is NOT the place to start a debate.

Relatively new to pinside here... don't you have the option to disable a forum thread on a marketplace posting? Seems like a good idea if you are concerned about negative discussion.

In any case, congrats on finding an interested buyer and it is an interesting game for sure.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

Relatively new to pinside here... don't you have the option to disable a forum thread on a marketplace posting? Seems like a good idea if you are concerned about negative discussion.
In any case, congrats on finding an interested buyer and it is an interesting game for sure.

Yes you do, some people just like the free bumps on their ad, others maybe take some masochistic pleasure in being berated? Who knows!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes you do, some people just like the free bumps on their ad, others maybe take some masochistic pleasure in being berated? Who knows!

Yeah the floor is pretty open if you start a forum topic on your for sale. Negative, positive, neutral comments and anything in between are pretty fair game as long as you don’t bash individual pinsiders or discuss politics or religion.. moderator or otherwise

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

Thanks for that. Anyway I'm not concerned about an occasional negative comment. I was just very surprised that a moderator called my game "not great" in a for sale thread. That rubbed me the wrong way. In my mind a moderator should be held to a higher standard and is here to help promote the genenal well being of the community, not to make adverse comments about someone else's machine. There have been other threads discussing Cosmic Carnival that could have been referenced instead of making that comment.

#26 4 years ago

Thanks for that. Anyway I'm not concerned about an occasional negative comment. I was just very surprised that a moderator called my game "not great" in a for sale thread. That rubbed me the wrong way. In my mind a moderator should be held to a higher standard and is here to help promote the genenal well being of the community, not to make adverse comments about someone else's machine. There have been other threads discussing Cosmic Carnival that could have been referenced instead of making that comment.

I prefer honesty, but I think you took his post wrong. I just went back and reread it and it was harmless.

#27 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to play this game ... it's a fun game with awesome artwork.

cosmic_carnival (resized).jpgcosmic_carnival (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago

I guess i don’t know what can be tagged as offensive. All comments seemed pretty tame, even the moderators and when you click the forum they warn you there can be discussion and questions about your game. It doesn’t say you have to open a separate forum.

FA82D31B-2C64-47BA-912F-35A12BBDBFDB (resized).jpegFA82D31B-2C64-47BA-912F-35A12BBDBFDB (resized).jpeg
#29 4 years ago

I played one at SFGE and it seemed like it played fine. I was close to buying one then. I didn't know that only 25 got built. Are they still in business?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I played one at SFGE and it seemed like it played fine. I was close to buying one then. I didn't know that only 25 got built. Are they still in business?

No, they are not in business. Our local distro Jason has two in stock if you are interested. One of them is that discounted show game.

#31 4 years ago

I was just very surprised that a moderator called my game "not great" in a for sale thread.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Re-reading this, the moderator in no way called your game "not great". He merely stated that there was "discussion" of the game not being too great - this is not one in the same as he may not even participated in this discussion. This is someone stating he has heard of issues, but didn't know enough himself to offer a personal opinion. He ended with stating it would be a good deal for someone. Hardly a negative comment or debate.

Just clarifying the situation, but regardless, I was happy to read later on that you were able to sell this as your price looked really good and the game's artistry is eye-catching!

#32 4 years ago

I've played this on location and wasn't really a fan. Shots weren't that great or that many, and code wasn't even remotely done. Was kinda boring to be honest. And also the pf in front of the scoop was chipping in the first week it was there, but had they cliffy'd it it could have been prevented probably. Cool art, good music, limited run, but not sure it'd be a keeper for me. Good luck with the sale.

#33 4 years ago

I think you may owe ForceFlow an apology. In no way did he disparage your game. You are way overreacting to something you misinterpreted.

#34 4 years ago

There is video of game play and sounds if anyone is interested.

#35 4 years ago

Looks more exciting and complete than Stranger Things at this point :p

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Looks more exciting and complete than Stranger Things at this point :p

Unfortunately it won’t get any further in code. Wish they wouldn’t of folded so quick. It would be cool to have another option. I bought my first spooky pin and love it

#37 4 years ago

I still feel that this game would’ve been the perfect kit game to be assembled by the owner. It’s not overly complex and there’s plenty of us out there that would love to build a game from the ground up to put in our collections. They could've even went with a open code to see what people come up with. Someday a company will take the shot and make a ton of money on a build your own pinball machine kit....

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I still feel that this game would’ve been the perfect kit game to be assembled by the owner. It’s not overly complex and there’s plenty of us out there that would love to build a game from the ground up to put in our collections. They could've even went with a open code to see what people come up with. Someday a company will take the shot and make a ton of money on a build your own pinball machine kit....

I’ll take mine apart and send it to you in a box if your an interested buyer? Lol

#39 4 years ago

And I suppose there's no way they'll open up the code to let someone homebrew a real version :/

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’ll take mine apart and send it to you in a box if your an interested buyer? Lol

Never know, what’s the price of your kit game? We have to start somewhere...

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

And I suppose there's no way they'll open up the code to let someone homebrew a real version :/

Looks like it is using a p3 p-roc so it should be fully user programmable technically. That being said, that would be a very time consuming undertaking since you would have to redo all assets if you can't extract them from the pc or whatever they are using as their head unit.

That would be indeed a cool project for somebody who has the time and determination.

#42 4 years ago

My wife wants this game, seems I was too late. If any owners of one want to sell one please pm me. Thanks

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

My wife wants this game, seems I was too late. If any owners of one want to sell one please pm me. Thanks

this thread is a for-sale ad...

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

this thread is a for-sale ad...

And it is apparently already sold

#45 4 years ago

Under agreement isn't sold, else the ad would be down already. Logan can email as a backup buyer. There's a couple others for sale as well if this one does complete successfully.

4K for this beautiful box of lights is a pretty good deal. The code is so bad you could start over from scratch, program a nice SS-level ruleset and have a fun game for a good price.

#46 4 years ago

I have email from this seller telling me the game is sold. Thats why I put a wanted ad up. Thanks

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cosmic-carnival-4000?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.