9B59FAE3-59CC-487C-BDE7-A3BA0F8BAF34 (resized).jpeg
9EB8E6B1-231A-489E-A79A-4803CE281D8A (resized).jpeg
D23B03D5-51C5-4921-977D-9EF52125B835 (resized).jpeg
C59C2C62-F2BC-4595-A2F1-109063D91C0D (resized).jpeg
8A9B920C-6221-4936-83BA-BE87591DF379 (resized).jpeg
9621C0F6-5FE2-449E-9E15-92232D3734E5 (resized).jpeg
6FDAA6FE-6D31-4AAC-ACD6-75F00B25E440 (resized).jpeg
09C1025E-A2E9-4123-B210-3F15F9BEA2E4 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Cosmic Carnival

Added: 2019-11-30 11:59:42 UTC • Ended: January 12th, 2020
Condition: As is

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 4,800

I’m picking up a cosmic carnival from a friend simply based on my love of the artwork. I’m totally good with just bringing it in the house and keeping it since it looks so good but I thought I’d throw it out that if someone was interested I’d be open to a trade for a similar condition Metallica pro, Star Wars pro, the Simpsons pinball party, Star Trek pro, guardians of the galaxy pro, or stern pirates of the carribean. I can take more pics if needed. I’m not looking to sell outright and not really looking for other machines but feel free to send offers. Worst I can say is no.

Item photos

09C1025E-A2E9-4123-B210-3F15F9BEA2E4 (resized).jpeg
1BC788F7-3954-4B0B-98B0-DF870AF38E51 (resized).jpeg
31481F5A-8596-469D-8DBF-0BC2E76BDFAA (resized).jpeg
3571A249-E588-4ABA-82FF-29346793E129 (resized).jpeg
3BCCB7C4-4E81-47F3-856D-8F0D6DE54881 (resized).jpeg
4A39092B-77E1-461D-A622-D9B35C3B88DF (resized).jpeg
5324D283-8B5D-421C-92E3-2537CBEC2948 (resized).jpeg
58A5551F-95ED-4244-9E16-A41D1CEC47CD (resized).jpeg
6FDAA6FE-6D31-4AAC-ACD6-75F00B25E440 (resized).jpeg
8320251A-4C35-44E7-8F80-AEA65E08C7B3 (resized).jpeg
8A9B920C-6221-4936-83BA-BE87591DF379 (resized).jpeg
9B59FAE3-59CC-487C-BDE7-A3BA0F8BAF34 (resized).jpeg
902AC5C3-5439-4EB6-9EFB-CE3830A4979E (resized).jpeg
9621C0F6-5FE2-449E-9E15-92232D3734E5 (resized).jpeg
9EB8E6B1-231A-489E-A79A-4803CE281D8A (resized).jpeg
B3D8A212-23F8-41E6-BF39-43B802198A26 (resized).jpeg
C59C2C62-F2BC-4595-A2F1-109063D91C0D (resized).jpeg
D23B03D5-51C5-4921-977D-9EF52125B835 (resized).jpeg
DA86DE8B-B0C2-4840-BC2E-44AAFE391E98 (resized).jpeg
DE9BE9B5-25B9-44D9-8715-BB99A344D8F5 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jmountjoy111's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jmountjoy111's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Williamsburg, KY, US

#2 4 years ago

I dont exactly have a pinball machine. It is not for sale. I don't want to trade.

Send me message so we can waste each others time going back and forth until we agree to go seperate ways without a transaction. Thanks!

If you have a similar condition Metallica (which would be like new) I would trade my worlds worst pin for your top 10 pin.

Good luck with that fine offer sir!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I dont exactly have a pinball machine. It is not for sale. I don't want to trade.
Send me message so we can waste each others time going back and forth until we agree to go seperate ways without a transaction. Thanks!
If you have a similar condition Metallica (which would be like new) I would trade my worlds worst pin for your top 10 pin.

Glad to see you’re still a prick. Pinball machine will be here in 2 hours and pics will be posted

#4 4 years ago

Any larger photos?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Any larger photos?

Yes. I will post better pics as soon as I get it unloaded. Thanks

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

It’s funny cause it’s true.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

It’s funny cause it’s true.

Have you played it?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Have you played it?

Have you? Just curious. Doing a post saying you are open to trading a machine before it even arrives does make one wonder. It sounds like, dare I say, an attempt to flip.

#9 4 years ago

I have. It’s not that bad of a game. I love the look of it and the music is pretty cool. I’m adding a couple of quick pics tonight. I have to leave I’ll take more later

As for trading. These are my favorites and if I can trade it for one of them then I will. And if not I’m keeping this.

If I’m flipping it Then I am flipping it for a loss

#10 4 years ago

Why all the hate for a proposed trade? Get a life people. Let him do what he wants with his game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Why all the hate for a proposed trade? Get a life people. Let him do what he wants with his game.

Agreed. If not interested move on. Seems simple enough but everyone has to feel like their input is of some value. Not Really! It’s a fun game and it’s for sale. Not interested piss off and move on. GLWS.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Have you? Just curious. Doing a post saying you are open to trading a machine before it even arrives does make one wonder. It sounds like, dare I say, an attempt to flip.

There's a pipeline from Fort Wayne to Indy to Kentucky/Southern Indiana of pins that get flipped around from retailer to retailer to hoarders/hobbyists. Probably not a bad guess here.

#13 4 years ago

Did they ever add call outs?
It's so sad from start to finish publicly they lasted about a year.
Heck I may make a pinball machines someday SLEs only though...

#14 4 years ago

This one came out of Tennessee. I do typically trade pinball machines with the same people over and over. I trust them and deal with them all the time. It’s much easier than putting up with the “new” pinside crowd. The guys that have been trading pinball machines for years like myself could not care less about whether a game was flipped or not. Most of the whiny pinside crowd have been here less than two years if you will pay attention.

To be completely honest I don’t care what people think but I guess every single thing has to be explained to everyone to make sure no feelings are hurt one pinside lol. The game isn’t really for sale. I picked it up in a trade. I like the game quite a bit. It is beautiful and plays way better than people give it credit. I do like the seven or so stern games listed in my ad better than the game I just picked up so I figure that if I can trade it for one of those then why not. I don’t see why that would be a big deal but whatever.

#15 4 years ago

New pics added. If you need to see anything in particular let me know and I can get a pic of it.

Quoted from HighProtein:

Did they ever add call outs?
It's so sad from start to finish publicly they lasted about a year.
Heck I may make a pinball machines someday SLEs only though...

I don’t know the status of the call outs originally. The game I have had some call outs. It tells you to shoot the ramp. It says nice shot and great shot. A couple of other things as well but I didn’t catch them all.

#16 4 years ago

GLWS/Trade ... great art on the game. Quite surprising that it's very minimalistic under the playfield. Thanks for adding great pictures, haven't seen one in the wild.

#17 4 years ago

not sure how it plays.....but damn, what a pretty machine.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not sure how it plays.....but damn, what a pretty machine.

The ramps shoot smooth. The game is fast. The loops are a bit awkward so I understand why people don’t like them. The drops that open to the shooter lane are cool but they are a hard shot (at least for me, I suck at pinball). The pops could be a little snappier but I’m going to see if I can adjust the switches tomorrow to make them. The code obviously needs work being that they were only in business a year. It’s not a super deep masterpiece so I get why people complain about it given it was $6000 out of the gate. The game is what it is I guess. It’s fun to shoot and it’s beautiful.

Added bonus.... The game comes with a set of collector cards and 2, that’s right I said 2! Suncoast pinball ink pens lol.

#19 4 years ago

so are they done? out of business now?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so are they done? out of business now?

I honestly have no idea all the particulars. I’m sure that someone can chime in with the actual facts but I am under the impression that the company filed bankruptcy and stopped production of the machine for the time being at least. I’m not a business person so I don’t know if that’s a situation where there is a chance they start back up or not.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I honestly have no idea all the particulars. I’m sure that someone can chime in with the actual facts but I am under the impression that the company filed bankruptcy and stopped production of the machine for the time being at least. I’m not a business person so I don’t know if that’s a situation where there is a chance they start back up or not.

good for collectability then!!!!!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

There's a pipeline from Fort Wayne to Indy to Kentucky/Southern Indiana of pins that get flipped around from retailer to retailer to hoarders/hobbyists. Probably not a bad guess here.

I may be in the minority, but I'm generally OK with folks flipping whatever they want. I neither have the connections nor luck nor capital to flip pinball machines, but hey, do what ya gotta do. Everyone's gotta eat, if you find something for less than fancy Jimbo Smith down the block is gonna be pay for it, heck no do I think you are obligated to pass and leave it for him, flip dat shiz, this is America!

#23 4 years ago

looks like an Aerosmith, unfinished prototype without the callouts or code..

#24 4 years ago

Really is a beatiful game shame the company ran into difficulties

I was thinking the same regarding how bare underneath the pf looks! but it looks like they have daisy chained all the lamps so must be using those serial chained leds, that would save a lot of wiring. And I guess those pcbs at the bottom are just coil drivers? and the switches just in a basic switch matrix?

The coil wires look very thin? or is that just the photos? not sure if correct awg was selected there? Or did williams always go overkill on coil wire awg

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

looks like an Aerosmith, unfinished prototype without the callouts or code..

It is what it is. Obviously every game would be better with the code being continuously updated to make it perfect. You are right on the fact that since dirty Donnie did the art.... it looks like other games he did

#26 4 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. GLWT.

#27 4 years ago

Yea I love the artwork and theme on this pin. Honestly only found out about this a few days before this popped up. A shame they went OOB already.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea I love the artwork and theme on this pin. Honestly only found out about this a few days before this popped up. A shame they went OOB already.

A company that can’t survive a rocky launch has no business trying to produce pinball machines. Hopefully this will serve as a deterrent for others of thus ilk.

#29 4 years ago

Pinball is such a small market in all reality. And the fact that costs are so high I would imagine it is a very difficult market to break in to.

As for the trade I’ve had a couple of interesting offers so far. Nothing set in stone though

#30 4 years ago

It wasn't the pinball side that sank the company, mind.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A company that can’t survive a rocky launch has no business trying to produce pinball machines. Hopefully this will serve as a deterrent for others of thus ilk.

Nothing wrong with trying. If no one tried, we wouldn't even have them. The only real issue is if people purposely try to screw people over....which is pretty much the staple of every American business.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Any more infomation on this story you can share?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Also interested in more info.

#34 4 years ago

Such a cool looking game. Hopefully someday I can play one.

If you were more local I'd ask about doing a temp trade for it and my ST pro.

GLWT though!!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on crazy jeans , that's a pretty shitty way to look at it , because companies have had poor releases that doesn't mean their games have been crap . If everyone thought that way there would be no new games .

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come on crazy jeans , that's a pretty shitty way to look at it , because companies have had poor releases that doesn't mean their games have been crap . If everyone thought that way there would be no new games .

I think he means that any new company needs to be prepared to put out at least 2 or 3 titles before expecting to be anywhere near profitability. It’s insanity to put so much work and time into building up a company only to have the whole thing dashed because your last minute marketing bombed, or a blurry photo leaked leading to bad buzz. With how fickle this community is, you need to be able to get up from the mat quickly.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he means that any new company needs to be prepared to put out at least 2 or 3 titles before expecting to be anywhere near profitability. It’s insanity to put so much work and time into building up a company only to have the whole thing dashed because your last minute marketing bombed, or a blurry photo leaked leading to bad buzz. With how fickle this community is, you need to be able to get up from the mat quickly.

But at least they gave it a go .

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But at least they gave it a go .

Absolutely! It does seem to make sense to have a solid, long term business plan in place as well.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

There is a seperate Cosmic Carnival thread you can read. Short story is Suncoast Arcade manufactures arcade multigames and tried expanding into pinball with Suncoast Pinball. Due mostly to supplier issues they couldn't get enough machines built before bills came due. Only 25 Cosmic Carnival pinball machines were made before production ceased.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

There is a seperate Cosmic Carnival thread you can read. Short story is Suncoast Arcade manufactures arcade multigames and tried expanding into pinball with Suncoast Pinball. Due mostly to supplier issues they couldn't get enough machines built before bills came due. Only 25 Cosmic Carnival pinball machines were made before production ceased.

Ah yes I have been reading this thread, But it looks like this pinball machine is what sank the company? But the above comment suggests otherwise?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Ah yes I have been reading this thread, But it looks like this pinball machine is what sank the company? But the above comment suggests otherwise?

It is my understanding that Suncoast Arcade is still in business, only the pinball division is closed.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

It is my understanding that Suncoast Arcade is still in business, only the pinball division is closed.

true, arcade machines are still being made, company is still open in florida.

#43 4 years ago

Hopefully they build up the capital again to give it another go looks like a fun game. I saw they had 2 symmetrical plastic ramps on the prototype, why did they swap one with the metal? I quite liked the 2 plastic ramps.

#44 4 years ago

this machine might be ok for the right collection. The largest plus is the artwork. Very nice looking machibe. Without this artwork the machibe is basically a Thunderbirds game. But might be jumping the gun as I have not played one yet.
Depth of code, or lack of, I don’t think hurts this game. If there are major bugs and flaws with the code that you run into regularly this would be a big problem. Think of magic girl, not even really able to enjoy a game without hitting a major issue with code. And these demand huge price tags because of who designed them and low build production. Just like this game.

Not sure on the play. I would consider one for my collection but really have to play a few games and see how complete the code is. Doesn’t have to be deep to have fun. Late 70’s and early 80’s games are a blast and have code that is as shallow as a puddle.

Stern has pumped out very simple playfield games lately and charged a lot more than what this is going for.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Without this artwork the machibe is basically a Thunderbirds game. But might be jumping the gun as I have not played one yet.

That’s pushing it quite a bit. The game is most certainly playable. It has modes and rules. There are some YouTube videos that show how to play it. But long story short... I believe the targets on the left start ring master modes. Drops on the right start clown modes. Left loop starts comet chaser and right loop starts Star hopper. Callouts and blinking lights tell you where to shoot for each mode. I suck at pinball so about halfway through it is all I can do so far. All the mechs work as they should and the machine plays fast. Is it a perfect game? Nope. But it’s most certainly playable.

In all honesty, and I mean this as no shot at you considering you said you haven’t played it and weren’t really bashing on it anyways, but most of the people that hate on this game have never even played it. I mean there are only 25 of them and the demos that most of the reviews came from were no where near as complete as this is. I’m not saying the code is good. It’s super raw. But it is playable, it sounds good, and it’s clearly beautiful.

That being said I’m 2 1/2 hours south of Cincinnati and you are more than welcome to come play it sometime if you want to. Just let me know. I’m pretty free most evenings

#46 4 years ago

Here are a couple more pictures I snapped with the lights off lit up

42189044-739D-4AF3-AC0F-6CAA1415E64A (resized).jpeg42189044-739D-4AF3-AC0F-6CAA1415E64A (resized).jpegADD98FFD-C5B3-423B-BB3A-90B2838C25DE (resized).jpegADD98FFD-C5B3-423B-BB3A-90B2838C25DE (resized).jpegC082679B-2CCC-4EF8-9A05-1C64A7FAB564 (resized).jpegC082679B-2CCC-4EF8-9A05-1C64A7FAB564 (resized).jpeg
#47 4 years ago

Bumping it up for the weekend crowd

#48 4 years ago

Interesting your wireform is black, mine is chrome

#49 4 years ago

That is odd. I wonder if there were other differences

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Stern has pumped out very simple playfield games lately and charged a lot more than what this is going for.

Lmao!

Yes we’d all be better off if stern would dump the crap they’ve been releasing and instead gave us stuff like cosmic carnival.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cosmic-carnival-3?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.