4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Make offer

for sale

Corvette (Bally, 1994)

Added: April 8th, 2015 Ended: August 5th, 2015
Condition: Routed - fresh off route

Item description

For sale :

Corvette Pinball machine

Joust/Robotron Video game

Corvette pinball machine : Pulled it off a route was at a roller skating rink in bolingbrook. Left side cabinet nice. Right side cabinet scratched. Left side head dinged low. Right side head nice. Front ok. Fired game up briefly on site. DMD either very slow to come up or not working. Made correct sounds and booted. Owner claims left flipper has problems. Playfield looked good. Sling plastics broken. Engine, cars etc all moved during boot up.

I haven't looked at it further $ 2500.00 as is now . . . once I open it up and start working on it the price goes up. Anyone interested in it now E-mail me. Located in Chicago area specifically western suburb of Wheaton Illinois.

Video game : joust / robotron combo. Completely working very nice cabinet with some extremely small flaws. Completely working bright screen. $ 900.00

Interested E-mail me. I start work on the corvette next week. Price will go up from there.

Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Wheston, IL, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Seller insights

These are kstairmantis's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to kstairmantis's stats page

#2 4 years ago

man, if that's the one that I think it might be its a wreck. I'd been trying to buy it form the op for a few years and they wouldn't sell.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

man, if that's the one that I think it might be its a wreck. I'd been trying to buy it form the op for a few years and they wouldn't sell.

How bad is it in your opinion?

I wouldn't mind selling my getaway HS2 to get a corvette.

#4 4 years ago

No I didn't buy if from an operatior. I bought it from the owner of the roller rink. and it is actually pretty nice. But it does have some dings. Very nice non-smoking location mostly kids.

Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from kstairmantis:

No I didn't buy if from an operatior. I bought it from the owner of the roller rink. and it is actually pretty nice. But it does have some dings. Very nice non-smoking location mostly kids.
Kerry Stair
Mantis Amusements

the rink is down the road from the place I knew of a corvette at. Figured based on the description it could have been the same one. Since it's not I have no clue, if it was the same one it was physically OK, but all sorts of play issues, bad DMD, lighting out, flippers screwed up. Typical cab dings of a location game.
I'd still buy that one if they'd sell and sell at a price warranted by the condition. fixing the one i was talking about would with a reasonable base price let it be resold at the typical vette price, no profit but no loss either, just to save the game from being trashed further.

#6 4 years ago

Pictures are here :

These are high resolution unedited pictures

http://www.mantisamusements.com/ebayphotos/

Display is not working but all voltages are on power lead into display so I'm guessing the display is shot. I do not have a spare to test. No hacks on boards all fuses test good. Only thing I have done is clean the glass so far . . .

Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements

#7 4 years ago

Shoot, all over this but I just picked up an Indy 500.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Shoot, all over this but I just picked up an Indy 500.

I know someone looking for an Indy 500, if you want to sell and buy the Corvette.

#9 4 years ago

Sorry to go off the tracks on this but what rink? I only know of the one on 22nd in Lombard. Maybe the one in Romeoville is there on 53? Guess I am just blindsided by the words "roller rink"

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

How bad is it in your opinion?
I wouldn't mind selling my getaway HS2 to get a Corvette.

Kind of a crap shoot there. If it was local and played 100% then I would be interested in it at $2500. Having some playability issues and potential DMD issues would make me pass even if I was local. You can generally find corvettes that are 100% working in fairly nice shape for $2800-$3200. I've seen several that have sold for that in the last 6 months.

This one seems like it would clean up fairly nice as the ramps don't look to bad and you can get a new set of plastics for $175 at CPR right now all though it looks like you could get away with just the slings being replaced.

Would have to see this one in person to see if it was worth that asking price. Right now it feels more like a $2K game just because it's unknown what the issues are. Could be $5 in parts and 10 mins to fix or it could be board issues. One thing you have better check out though for any corvette is that the LT5 engine works correctly. That is a PITA to fix and can be expensive if not working right. Just moving is not enough. Make sure it works correctly and moves as it should.

#11 4 years ago

ebay.com link » Nos New Old Stock Corvette Pinball Plastic Set Partial 16pc

Jump on this if you want to fix this game up.

#12 4 years ago

Roller rink was on 53 just about a block north of Joliet Road. I'll order a display for it and get started on it. Playfield is in good condition and underside looks pretty good. It is obviously faded by looking at where stickers were peeled off on right side but it looks like it could be a nice player. The boards look clean and all the voltages are present at the test points.

Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements

#13 4 years ago

The LT5 isn't expensive to fix. It can be time intensive to fix. There aren't that many moving parts, granted troubleshooting the circuits on the 2 communication boards can be a little challenging.

Figure the game needs a $200 display. Test another display in the game before buying a new one. If there's a DMD driver problem, it ends up costing less.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside