New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 164671)

For sale: Congo (Williams, 1995)

By sinnisterjsb

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by The_Director
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

d0b1256ac03f2656fa03c8a646f21004b84d8948_(resized).jpg
IMG959299_(resized).jpg
IMG958218_(resized).jpg
IMG957503_(resized).jpg
IMG957424_(resized).jpg
IMG955078_(resized).jpg
IMG954232_(resized).jpg
IMG950764_(resized).jpg
IMG950096_(resized).jpg
IMG_5362_(resized).jpg
IMG_5028_(resized).jpg
20151028_004658_(resized).jpg
IMG_7416_(resized).jpg
IMG_9165_(resized).jpg
IMG_6913_(resized).jpg
IMG_7676_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 3,400

for sale

For sale: Congo (Williams, 1995)

Added: July 21st, 2016 Ended: August 29th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Congo for sale. Game is in good condition. The cabinet in the back has some damage, as well as a small spot on playfield. Pictures are provided.

Item photos

IMG_0999_(resized).jpg
IMG_7442_(resized).jpg
IMG_2493_(resized).jpg
IMG_5051_(resized).jpg
IMG_5779_(resized).jpg
IMG_6356_(resized).jpg
IMG_8345_(resized).jpg
IMG_7676_(resized).jpg
IMG_6913_(resized).jpg
IMG_9165_(resized).jpg
IMG_7416_(resized).jpg
20151028_004658_(resized).jpg
IMG_5028_(resized).jpg
IMG_5362_(resized).jpg
IMG950096_(resized).jpg
IMG950764_(resized).jpg
IMG954232_(resized).jpg
IMG955078_(resized).jpg
IMG957424_(resized).jpg
IMG957503_(resized).jpg
IMG958218_(resized).jpg
IMG959299_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bossier City, LA, US

Seller insights

These are sinnisterjsb's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to sinnisterjsb's stats page

#2 4 years ago

I don't normally like powder coat but that color looks awesome on that machine!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I don't normally like powder coat but that color looks awesome on that machine!

Is this powdercoated or are the rails and legs painted green?

#4 4 years ago

Don't do it Sinister! I miss mine already...

#5 4 years ago

Wasn't this listed earlier for $3600? If this fetches that price mine is worth 5k it's pretty much mint. Glad to know the pricing still trending up on this game.

#6 4 years ago

One my favorite pins.... that green is sharp. I have chrome which looks nice also, especially with the black and white cab

#7 4 years ago

Green cab looks nice. the cheaper Black and white version from the after thought models just does not do the game justice.

Good luck with the sale.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Green cab looks nice. the cheaper Black and white version from the after thought models just does not do the game justice.
Good luck with the sale.

U dont see the cab when in a group of pins.. and it still plays the same . It wasn't a afterthought but leftover kits they decided to use up and sell. Its crazy the b@w congos were done years later than the original run. Great playingpin regardless of cab style tho.

#9 4 years ago

I really like the speaker panal also.... did u paint it?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U dont see the cab when in a group of pins.. and it still plays the same . It wasn't a afterthought but leftover kits they decided to use up and sell. Its crazy the b@w congos were done years later than the original run. Great playingpin regardless of cab style tho.

I will still take the better looking green cab over the Black/White version every day. The B&W ones were only a few months post the original green from the dates I have seen.

If I am remembering correctly the story is that the game did not sell very well at the start, so someone got the idea that they would box up the populated playfields they already had rather than waste the time/resources of putting them in cabs. They tried to sell these "kit" games and they did not sell hardly at all. So they then opted to put the kits into cabs and just printed the cheaper B&W decals for that final run to just get the games out the door. Would love to get the actual facts from someone around at that time, but I think that is the gist of it?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will still take the better looking green cab over the Black/White version every day. The B&W ones were only a few months post the original green from the dates I have seen.
If I am remembering correctly the story is that the game did not sell very well at the start, so someone got the idea that they would box up the populated playfields they already had rather than waste the time/resources of putting them in cabs. They tried to sell these "kit" games and they did not sell hardly at all. So they then opted to put the kits into cabs and just printed the cheaper B&W decals for that final run to just get the games out the door. Would love to get the actual facts from someone around at that time, but I think that is the gist of it?

Who knows lol in just glad to own one nc its a really loaded and fun pin. Mine was manufactured late 96 almost 97 so definitely one the last ones made and it looks new .

#12 4 years ago

Still would love to know if the Rails, Lockbar, Legs, etc are Powdercoated or just Spray Painted

#13 4 years ago

Wishlist title.......................Check.
Proximity..........................Check.
Good enough condition......Check.
Decent (negotiable) price...Check.
Money to spare right now? Nope.

GLWS.

#14 4 years ago

Gotta say, it's very cool how the back of the ladder is exactly parallel to the front of the head. Neat shot!

I, too, would like to know whether powdercoated or painted. (The trim. Not the ladder.)

d0b1256ac03f2656fa03c8a646f21004b84d8948_(resized).jpg

#15 4 years ago

how much for the ladder ? BUMP

#16 4 years ago

This game is actually at my house in the pics...got some minor construction going on hence the ladder..lol
The green is actually paint not powder on the game and he (john) bought it just as it sits..

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

This game is actually at my house in the pics...got some minor construction going on hence the ladder..lol
The green is actually paint not powder on the game and he (john) bought it just as it sits..

Except for the ladder. Aaron won't sale it.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really like the speaker panal also.... did u paint it?

I didn't paint it. I was told by the previous owner that when he purchased this Congo, that owner had painted the speaker panel. He was going to change it, but it grew on him and he left it alone.

#19 4 years ago

Hmm... so tempting.

1 month later
#20 4 years ago

Is this still available? Any interest in trading for a TSPP? It is a route rescue but clean (now), LEDs, and 100% working. The main issues are cabinet fade around the buttons and a mangled coin door which I haven't gotten around to replacing.

#21 4 years ago

Gosh, I'd love to buy this and bring it back after the Sep 24 tourney. Sadly I'm committed to no more games in 2016.

Maybe PavBall will fall in love with it at the tourney and demand we take it home.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside