• Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yup.jpeg
image-100.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you live in Kansas and want a routed out turd with blown pf and blown cab then you are on the mark.
Outside of that 3k can get you a solid pf, but game that is still going to need some love.
3500 seems to be where you find nice and fully functional.
I argee that when you want top dollar you need a very nice everything and not just a conversion kit drop in. Your cab needs to be on the upper end of the spectrum. That said, I do not think this one is out of line to start asking at 5500. I assume he has a decent amount of wiggle room in there?

Bought mine for $2200 a while back. Other than being dirty, the playfield is in great shape. Very minor wear on the scoops. Cabinet has a little fade on the left side but other than that is near perfect.

#52 8 years ago

Is anyone going to offer more than my offer of $3500. For god sakes people, this is a for sale thread! Bump for a great local seller!

#53 8 years ago

condition NIB?

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Bought mine for $2200 a while back. Other than being dirty, the playfield is in great shape. Very minor wear on the scoops. Cabinet has a little fade on the left side but other than that is near perfect.

congrats on what sounds like a great score. Mine sounds similar to yours. I paid 2500 about 2 years ago for it. When I find the time it will be getting a full restoration including NOS pf that has been restored and cleared.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So in theory the playfield has five plays on it... He could put the original populated play field back in it. Sell it shopped for $3k then sell the plug and play new play field for $1800...

But he made no mention of selling it with the original pf which is the problem. His add does not say, comes with original populated used playfield.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is anyone going to offer more than my offer of $3500. For god sakes people, this is a for sale thread! Bump for a great local seller!

Yup.jpegYup.jpeg
I'm in at $3,600.

#57 8 years ago

Wow. I never realized there were real diamonds added to this game recently. I sold a perfect condition Congo 4 years ago for $1750, and I made money at that price.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Wow. I never realized there were real diamonds added to this game recently. I sold a perfect condition Congo 4 years ago for $1750, and I made money at that price.

LOL

Some games go up in value, while others go down.

Congo is a fun game and relatively limited in production for the era. Many people have realized it is as fun as some of the other more highly priced games, so the market value has responded.

I think we have seen many of these "entry level" games go up in price a bit in the past few years and that trend has held steady.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL
Congo is a fun game and relatively limited in production for the era. Many people have realized it is as fun as some of the other more highly priced games, so the market value has responded.
I think we have seen many of these "entry level" games go up in price a bit in the past few years and that trend has held steady.

Look at this sellers previous pins for sale. Sometimes no prices, no pics, and no closure to ANY of the threads. No "sold", "Sale Pending", "keeping game", nothing. I don't think arguing value with him will do anything and will donate a $5 to pinside if he even bumps.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Look at this sellers previous pins for sale. Sometimes no prices, no pics, and no closure to ANY of the threads. No "sold", "Sale Pending", "keeping game", nothing. I don't think arguing value with him will do anything and will donate a $5 to pinside if he even bumps.

Im still waiting on picture so that makes sense

#61 8 years ago

Interesting thread. I recently traded a super nice Congo(very little fade, near perfect playfield, several mods) towards a Metallica Premium. The value of the Congo in the trade was about 3K.

#62 8 years ago

$3700 is my final bid and Then I am done.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL

all wpc95 games have limited runs. Production numbers were very low during that time for all games. Not really low by todays standards, but low if you compare to the hay day early WPC years.

This is why you shouldn't but big money or restore part of a game and ignore the rest. Because you will have a lot of money or time in one part, yet the other part will bring the value down so much. Having a perfect playfield in a sub par cabinet, or having a nice cabinet with a sub par playfield takes you from collector quality pricing, back down into little better than average condition pricing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-williams-1995-1996/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.