Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Yup.jpeg
image-100.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Make offer

for sale

Congo (Williams, 1995)

Added: May 5th, 2015 Ended: August 3rd, 2015
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Item description

Congo pinball machine. This is a rare opportunity.

I bought this game off route a few years ago and installed a Brand New Old Stock complete conversion playfield assembly. I have put less than 5 games on the machine just basically testing it after the installation. The only mods are the decals on the stainless inlanes, green flipper buttons, and a complete cliffy protection set installed. It is a colored cabinet, though the left side has fade. I tested everything and it has zero credit dot. The playfield assembly was plug and play and fully assembled from the factory. Everything is new from the ramps to hardware to wiring , flipper mechanisms plastics etc you get the point. I will send any pictures you request.

This is basically a HUO 5 play machine besides the cabinet. Im not sure where to be on this price wise so Im open to offers.
$5500BO
Text or Call Joe [phone number removed]

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Seller insights

These are bjoechamp's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to bjoechamp's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Yeah...you probably should have started a little lower in price. I value mine at 5k, and it does everything but blow me. And still I think people would say I'm nuts if I asked for that much.

Hard to believe you only played the game 5 times, though...

At any rate, good luck with the sale!

#3 4 years ago

Congo is a pretty hot game, but for $5,500 people will just buy a Tron instead.

#4 4 years ago

PS - You can't really call the game NIB when it's only the populated PF that came out of a box. And it's already out of the box, so even that isn't NIB. And you have two prices listed. Why would anybody offer anything higher than 4k when it says "Make an offer (from $4000)"?

#5 4 years ago

It does say make an offer at 4K or above. With a completely new populate playfield if the cabinet is in solid shape I could see it going for $4500.

#6 4 years ago

Ill offer a beautiful Shadow in trade

#7 4 years ago

Any interest in trades?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It does say make an offer at 4K or above. With a completely new populate playfield if the cabinet is in solid shape I could see it going for $4500.

I know...but why does his list it at $5500 OBO? Why not just say best offer over $4000?

Oh, well...none of my business. It's a great game, and somebody's gonna be VERY happy!

#9 4 years ago

Depending on the cab condition other than the fade I can see it sell for 4 -4500 because of the newish playfield and parts and what congos have been selling for and how rare they are and lots of people want one .also pretty sure hes not looking for trades as I have knew of this pin from a friend and was looking to get it but im pretty happy with mine at the moment but would like a minty one at some point bit mines well above average.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Depending on the cab condition other than the fade I can see it sell for 4 -4500 because of the newish playfield and parts and what congos have been selling for and how rare they are and lots of people want one .also pretty sure hes not looking for trades as I have knew of this pin from a friend and was looking to get it but im pretty happy with mine at the moment but would like a minty one at some point bit mines well above average.

In case you didn't notice, the comma is on the lower right of your keyboard.

Please don't hurt me...

#11 4 years ago

Not on my tablet its on another page and a pain to do lol so I rarely use it sorry

#12 4 years ago

And THAT'S why I never use a tablet. They suck.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And THAT'S why I never use a tablet. They suck.

Other than the keyboard issues its much lighter and more comfortable to use and the battery life is a plus also

#14 4 years ago

I may be out of the loop but how in the hell has this game shot up so much in price. I say price, not value. The game is fun, but not 5k fun in my opinion.

#15 4 years ago

Cabinet has fade, but asking 2,500 over any reasonable price anyway. Lolz.

#16 4 years ago

Let me start the bidding at $3500.

#17 4 years ago

Great game. But not in that price range.

#18 4 years ago

Game has brand new populated play field kit installed.. Those kits alone were 2k if u can find one unused... Looks like he just installed it recently. So your talking mint nos playfield just installed

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Game has brand new populated play field kit installed.. Those kits alone were 2k if u can find one unused... Looks like he just installed it recently. So your talking mint nos playfield just installed

So the faded cab is worth 2k? I will sell you my slightly faded cab for that . I am restoring a different one anyways.

#20 4 years ago

I wonder how many Congos were destroyed in 2012 and 2013 to make MM's. A more rare game today than just a few years ago when they were being canabilized for MM parts. As others have said the price is high with a faded cabinet but it's his right to ask what he wants.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So the faded cab is worth 2k? I will sell you my slightly faded cab for that . I am restoring a different one anyways.

There are the boards also which are pricey

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I may be out of the loop but how in the hell has this game shot up so much in price. I say price, not value. The game is fun, but not 5k fun in my opinion.

I say a nice congo with some mods cliffys, leds, new window ,new plastics and ramps and playing perfect is anywhere from 3250 to 3750 from my 6 month search and what I saw selling .this one depending on the cab condition other than how bad the fade may be has a brand new populated playfield and some mods which is pretty rare and really nice .id say 4500 wld be a fair price depending on actual cab condition . If you were to have any other title with this condition say creature it be 5500 -6k im guessing and congo is much rarer and a dam fine game once dialed in comparison its quite a bargin compared to alot of more expensive pins .this wpc 95 pin plays just as well and has as many features if not more than some of the other wpc 95 pins .

#23 4 years ago

Also in my search I was in bidding wars with people bc everyone seems to want a congo in the last year or so .low production and high demand equal higer prices thats just how it is . It is a pretty fun pin with alot of unique features and definitely has that one more game factor.when at Allentown this past weekend talking to all the people every time me or katie were talking about our collection as soon as congo got mentioned they started asking about it and asked if when I sold I contact them which happened many many times lol.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Let me end the bidding at $3500.

There, much better.... Besides shouldn't you be saving up for your grail pin?

#25 4 years ago

Congo isn't a rare game because they were being destroyed for MM's. Congo (and NBA Fastbreak) are rare because before replacement parts were plentiful, those were the two go to games to steal the parts from as those games were considered the worst of that period.

I'm using the word rare for consistency, but Congo isn't really rare. They pop up all the time, usually in good shape, and can be found easily.

I'd guess less than 20 were destroyed for MM, probably less than 10 especially considering NBA Fastbreak was also a candidate and worth less.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder how many Congos were destroyed in 2012 and 2013 to make MM's. A more rare game today than just a few years ago when they were being canabilized for MM parts. As others have said the price is high with a faded cabinet but it's his right to ask what he wants.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes, but the original used playfield had quite a bit of value. Right now the op expects a 2500 dollar game + the cost of the playfield, but that isn't what he is selling. He is selling a typical faded congo cab, wpc boards, and a nos populated playfield. Not quite the same.

#27 4 years ago

Pics would help sell this, plus we want to seeeee.

#28 4 years ago

new play field! i think he is spot on in price. and the colored cab even faded much better than black and white.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

new play field! i think he is spot on in price. and the colored cab even faded much better than black and white.

No way faded cab is ugly because it fades to a blue jungle lol id have a nice b@w compared to that and alot people loke the b@w

#30 4 years ago

B&W looks unfinished like a page from a children's coloring book before being attacked by a crayola.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

B&W looks unfinished like a page from a children's coloring book before being attacked by a crayola.

In all actuality the cab don't really matter as they both play the same , id take my 3500 (after im done with it)b@w over your 4800(what u offered to sell me yours for) color cab anyday lol. Also you can get colored decals for 250 -300 if you really want or feel the need.i know people who like both but in the end how it plays is most important .

#32 4 years ago

B&W still looks unfinished.

#33 4 years ago

image-100.jpgi think the colored cab fits the theme to a tee after all how many gorillas do you see in a black and white jungle but yea the play is really all that matters

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

B&W still looks unfinished.

Ill color it in lol but really just happy to own one as tons of people looking for it .I have people still messaging me asking if im selling it but not until I find a mint color cab one . I did a complete tear down and rebuild and added lots of new stuff and it looks great and plays better than probably most and im really happy with it.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

In all actuality the cab don't really matter as they both play the same , id take my 3500 (after im done with it)b@w over your 4800(what u offered to sell me yours for) color cab anyday lol. Also you can get colored decals for 250 -300 if you really want or feel the need.i know people who like both but in the end how it plays is most important .

This is being sold basically as a collectors quality example, the cabinet is a really big deal for collectors. If he wants north of $3,000 it needs a perfect cabinet.

Decals suck to install by the way (which is why you see so many people sell games with the decals not installed)...and they don't cure deep problems in the wood of the cabinet either.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

image-100.jpgi think the colored cab fits the theme to a tee after all how many gorillas do you see in a black and white jungle but yea the play is really all that matters

It does if its not faded to blue which looks really bad and is what we are conversing about in which case id take a b@w

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is being sold basically as a collectors quality example, the cabinet is a really big deal for collectors. If he wants north of $3,000 it needs a perfect cabinet.
Decals suck to install by the way (which is why you see so many people sell games with the decals not installed)...and they don't cure deep problems in the wood of the cabinet either.

You do know that most have been selling over 3k very quickly usually around 3500 and they dont have a new playfield installed ? There are no pics so we dont know how the cab is .also my message was directed at freddy

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You do know that most have been selling over 3k very quickly usually around 3500 and they dont have a new playfield installed ? There are no pics so we dont know how the cab is .also my message was directed at freddy

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Congo (and NBA Fastbreak) are rare because before replacement parts were plentiful, those were the two go to games to steal the parts from as those games were considered the worst of that period.

Interesting what 20 years and an internet forum can do to change a games stigma.

#40 4 years ago

i don't like black and white TV either so glad mine is color. But all said and done the op is spot on with his price

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If he wants north of $3,000 it needs a perfect cabinet.

Do you know of any for less than 3000, regardless of cab condition?

Pretty sure Congo is now 3k on the low end and even that takes some effort and will need some love.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i don't like black and white TV either so glad mine is color. But all said and done the op is spot on with his price

id selll mine for much less and its dam nice with tons of new parts .im thinking around 4500 for op depending on cab condition and how much its faded.

#44 4 years ago

Maybe he should throw in the original playfield at that price. How much is a Congo with no playfield worth? Add 2-2.5k for new playfield on top of that.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you know of any for less than 3000, regardless of cab condition?
Pretty sure Congo is now 3k on the low end and even that takes some effort and will need some love.

Nope, i did not know that. I thought Congo in players condition was around $2,200-$2,500. I'm not surprised I'm off on the current prices, I do not follow this title closely.

My main point is cabinet condition is important if you want a CQ price.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope, i did not know that. I thought Congo in players condition was around $2,200-$2,500. I'm not surprised I'm off on the current prices, I do not follow this title closely.

That's the range I sold mine in:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavily-routed-congo-for-sale-in-kc

Decent playfield but with moderate wear, new jump ramp, some LEDs, lots of speed holes in cabinet and very faded. Fully functional otherwise. Lots of inquiries but it sat for a while until somebody drove 8 hours one-way to get it.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea its a pretty sought after pin these days then add to that there wernt many of them made and people tend to hold onto them bc of that reason. I know I wont sell mine unless I can get a mint colored one bc its probably the best pin under 4k and better than many 4-5k pins .so if you sell and want it later on more likely you will have to spend more which is y they have been going up steady .they also make new ramps ,plastics and many other parts now so they are much nicer than they use to be .

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's the range I sold mine in:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavily-routed-congo-for-sale-in-kc
Decent playfield but with moderate wear, new jump ramp, some LEDs, lots of speed holes in cabinet and very faded. Fully functional otherwise. Lots of inquiries but it sat for a while until somebody drove 8 hours one-way to get it.

Yea that one was rough even for me the one I have now is well above average with lots of new parts plus shipping wld have really killed the deal

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you live in Kansas and want a routed out turd with blown pf and blown cab then you are on the mark.

Outside of that 3k can get you a solid pf, but game that is still going to need some love.
3500 seems to be where you find nice and fully functional.

I argee that when you want top dollar you need a very nice everything and not just a conversion kit drop in. Your cab needs to be on the upper end of the spectrum. That said, I do not think this one is out of line to start asking at 5500. I assume he has a decent amount of wiggle room in there?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yes, but the original used playfield had quite a bit of value. Right now the op expects a 2500 dollar game + the cost of the playfield, but that isn't what he is selling. He is selling a typical faded congo cab, wpc boards, and a nos populated playfield. Not quite the same.

So in theory the playfield has five plays on it... He could put the original populated play field back in it. Sell it shopped for $3k then sell the plug and play new play field for $1800...

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside