reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#121 8 years ago

Would you be interested in selling it bone stock? Some of us aren't crazy about mods. Serious inquiry here.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hmm. Could you please define "bone stock" for me?
Some of the mods would be ruined if you took them off (LED strips with sticky tape, etc.) I don't have much interest in converting this back to an incandescent game, nor do I have the bulbs to do so.

That's what I was taking about. Just like it was brand new. With incandescents or without bulbs if you don't have them.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'd have to think about this, but I don't exactly need 300 bucks worth of lights for a game that I would no longer own, so the answer would be "probably not."

no worries.

#137 8 years ago

No one has to be wrong on the issue. If you're willing to pay for mods, do it. If you're not, keep looking. You don't need to invalidate someone else's opinion to make yours valid.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If the "opinion" is whether mods look good or are worth paying for, I'm not looking to invalidate it! I like some mods and dislike others, and weigh my interest in the installed mods before making an offer on a game just like anyone else.
My point was simply that the statement "mods don't increase the value of your game" is almost always objectively false. The game's got extra bits on it that are worth money to a subset of pinball buyers, and that's all it takes to increase the market value of the game. If you don't like mods you may chose not to make an offer (so by modding his game OP probably reduced the pool of potential buyers), or you might make a reduced offer for the game with mods removed (which acknowledges that the mods have some value), or you might buy the game at asking price, factoring in what you think you can sell the mods for after you strip them off.
If the "opinion" is "mods have no value to me" or "a heavily modded game can be tougher to sell" or even "it's rare to recoup 100% of your mod costs" then I've got no objections. But you frequently see blanket statements that mods add zero resell value to a game, and that's just silly.

I agree with what you said, but I think you're getting into semantics, now. It's a pinball hobby forum, not a formal debate class. When people usually make that statement, inaccurate though it may be, most people know what they really meant was its now worth it to them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-for-sale-in-sf-bay-area?tu=jwo825 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.