reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

My point is tons of upgrades and toys do NOT make your game worth more. Congo is a good game will not take anything from that. But the OP puts a RGB strip under the cab, monkey toys and other shit. Shazzaam that game is now 4,800 dollars. another guy sees this one just sold for 4,800 mines all of a sudden his is worth 6,000 K. Hope nobody is wondering why the prices are going up day after day

People love to say "mods don't increase the value of your game" when what they mean is "mods don't increase the value of your game to me." If you don't like mods, don't buy games with mods (or make a lower offer to the seller including a term that they get to keep X, Y and Z mods that you don't like.) But for most mods, there's a subset of buyers out there that'd be happy to pay some percentage of the original cost of the mod (perhaps exceeding 100% if it's difficult to install) in addition to the value of the "bone stock" game. If you ignore that class of buyers you end up with a distorted view of the pinball market.

This post is not an endorsement on the pricing of this game, no interest in engaging on that issue. It's just annoying when people pop up with a knee-jerk "your mods are worthless" response to a heavily modded game. Your preferences do not necessarily reflect all potential buyers.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

No one has to be wrong on the issue. If you're willing to pay for mods, do it. If you're not, keep looking. You don't need to invalidate someonels s opinion to make yours valid.

If the "opinion" is whether mods look good or are worth paying for, I'm not looking to invalidate it! I like some mods and dislike others, and weigh my interest in the installed mods before making an offer on a game just like anyone else.

My point was simply that the statement "mods don't increase the value of your game" is almost always objectively false. The game's got extra bits on it that are worth money to a subset of pinball buyers, and that's all it takes to increase the market value of the game. If you don't like mods you may chose not to make an offer (so by modding his game OP probably reduced the pool of potential buyers), or you might make a reduced offer for the game with mods removed (which acknowledges that the mods have some value), or you might buy the game at asking price, factoring in what you think you can sell the mods for after you strip them off.

If the "opinion" is "mods have no value to me" or "a heavily modded game can be tougher to sell" or even "it's rare to recoup 100% of your mod costs" then I've got no objections. But you frequently see blanket statements that mods add zero resell value to a game, and that's just silly.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

reebok-pump-16.jpg

Is that a trade offer? I think you're late, he already sold the Congo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-for-sale-in-sf-bay-area?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.