reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 8 years ago

You call Toasterdog a liar for saying he bought a Congo for $2300.00, but somehow you think I'm the bad guy here.

Did you apologize to Toasterdog yet?

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Geez, get a life loser.

Florida people again ! LOL

#253 8 years ago

I didnt call him a liar, i just would be very surprised to see a Congo slip by on Ebay at such a good price,thats all. That is why i would have liked to have seen that add. No i dont think your a bad guy, i just thought you were making a personal attack on me about this thread. No hard feelings, its all fun, i like joking around.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Florida people again ! LOL

Yeah its very hot & humid down here, makes everyone on edge.

#255 8 years ago

get a room

#256 8 years ago

Funny guy, that is what we need some humor here.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I didnt call him a liar

Just because you didn't use the word "liar" doesn't mean you didn't impliedly call him a liar.

He posted that he bought a Congo for $2300.00, to which you replied:

..which is the same thing as calling him a liar.

Anyway, you appear to want to move on, which I agree with.

#258 8 years ago

Glad to see the thread back on top...........

#259 8 years ago

You would probably hide in the closet ! Your presence in this thread is nothing short of creepy !

#260 8 years ago

Time to move on. One last bump from me for OP's Congo. Dont know if it sold or not.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You would probably hide in the closet ! Your presence in this thread is nothing short of creepy !

? Just checking to see what the Congo actually sold for...since it's a sale thread afterall....not sure how that warrants insults but have at it if that gets you going. Cheers

#262 8 years ago

I heard the cash is being handed over tomorrow....

But I wasn't told how much

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I heard the cash is being handed over tomorrow....
But I wasn't told how much

I'm sure we'll hear it's more than $5k when all the guys that own Congo finish jerking off in the mirror and get back to the forum.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Your the only one who takes it up the .ss that i know of.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

no need to go that route.

I couldn't agree more. Yuck...

#265 8 years ago

There was a Congo local to me a little over 2 years ago for 1,400.
Still on route at the time.
I did not buy it but another good pinsider did.

#266 8 years ago

300 diamonds by XMAS.

"That would be mine!"

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congratulations. That's rare. Mine's still worth over 4k, and I could get that if I was selling.

Not a strategy. Simple supply and demand.

Its a dam good pin and its loaded with lots of features people may not even realize. 4 ramps, 3 diverters, 3 flippers, kickback, very unique double ball popper, volcano vulk, 2 saucers, auto launch, 2 pop up posts,10 targets, 3 pop bumpers, actual ball lock and lower playfield with captive ball and 5 more targets. Also all the normal things .
I mean it has more than most pins and has a great layout and sounds. Has alot of very unique modes also that are very fun.. I find most people that come over are drawn to it bc one they never seen one and also its vibrant artwork . Once they play it they really enjoy it and then ask if ill sell it lol. Seems congo and wh20 are the 2 most popular pins ive owned for people that come over. They are also 2 my favorites .

#268 8 years ago

I agree that the artwork on Congo's playfield is really well done, and I think the original translite is better than the alternatives.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

and I think the original translite is better than the alternatives.

agree.

#270 8 years ago

Yes agree, but Aurich promised to do his version of a new translite (my words) so let's hope he gets at it right after he finishes Alien. Alien is like work, Congo is all play!

#271 8 years ago

I suppose I am unsure of the negative attitude towards those that really like this game.

For me, after 44 years, and more games then I list, I didnt expect this game to have the effect on me that it does.
Its not the fastest, or best, its not the hardest, or anything. Its a solid 8, but in every darn category.
Nothing is missing from the game.

As others have mentioned, I find guests, play WOZ, cause its pretty, but not play for long.
Are guests Walking dead fans or not, determines if they even touch that game, but the casual non player loves this game and WH20.
The answer is always the same, its more fun then any other game they have played when they visit.

It doesnt hurt you when you lose, it doesnt beg you to play "just one more".
It feels like a complete and satisfying experience, even to young kids, who flail at the flippers.
The look of the art lit, is stunning and different with all the green, and the soundtrack is so different from others,
it truly stands out.

For me, now, its like, "what game do I want to play tonight?", and Congo fills the bill for fast, enjoyable fun.

I dont have to have my full eyes on like for IMVE, I dont have to zone into Zombies, or work at WOZ to get further, the shots just happen, and even if I am off, I feel rewarded, rather then frustrated.

As far as money is concerned, now that the "drama" is over, i am also unsure why we cant accept a 20% price variation
on a game, even if they are exactly the same condition. Thats $1000 on this one. Supply, demand, and whos the buyer, what the seller paid and put into it, etc.
Sounds like a normal product at worst in todays market. Shop a TV, or New product...20% variation is acceptable.
Jump into my industry, jewelry, and see a 500% variation in prices people pay.

Price Police are a bit funny to me, because of all the variables. I am glad while Congo has diamonds, that the price policing
doesnt try to make sense of that market. It would be a thread in total futility.

Glad its sold, and hopefully everyone Happy.....Its Pinball!

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

If you sold yours for $2700 recently it had to be a terrible example of Congo ,like someone or not.

Greetings! I am the person who bought the $2,700 Congo from Toasterdog. Please believe me when I tell you that there is nothing terrible in my collection.

IMG_3933.jpegIMG_3933.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpegIMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpegIMG_3935.jpeg

#273 8 years ago

Looks Great, Charlie!

#274 8 years ago

Congo is by far my favorite pinball machine based off a crappy movie.

Aurich, any new translite has to incorporate Bruce Campbell AND Joe Don "Mitchell" Baker.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings! I am the person who bought the $2,700 Congo from Toasterdog.

He sold you a great pin at a great price Charlie, hope you are enjoying it as i do. I have sold many more sought out titles than Congo but to me this is the total package as in flow,audio & speed. That being said, it will be with me for another 6 years or more.

#276 8 years ago

Greetings pinbum! You better believe he did! I have dealt with Craig before and being 10 minutes away from him I know he gave me the "Hometown Discount". It is a fantastic game without question! Best, Charlie

#277 8 years ago

Congo left my game room today. The buyer (a fellow pinsider) was happy and recognized the quality level of the game and the mods that were added.

I verified that msj2222 was happy with his translite and completed the pinside donation as promised.

In the end I got 4800 total out of the game. I paid 4500 for it, drove 10 hours round trip to pick it up, and added a bunch of stuff to it. All in all I lost a few hundred bucks, but I'm not in this hobby to make money so I'm happy. 5200 was a total reach which is why I quickly dropped the price. Congo was a great game to own. I consider very few games in my collection to be real keepers.

Special thanks to everyone that bumped this thread, especially those of your with a sense of humor. I also appreciate the people that came to my defense when certain people were stating their personal opinions as facts.

A big "F you" to the price police that never had any interest in my game to begin with and to the people that came in here purely to troll.

Mccune, you insinuated that I wouldn't get more than 4K for the game amongst a bunch of other stuff that just wasn't fair or accurate. Enjoy being wrong. This thread will forever be a testament to that.

During the transaction the buyer mentioned that he only comes to pinside to look at games for sale and get restoration advice and that it's become far too toxic. It's sad that this place is coming to that.

I encourage everyone selling a game to list it at whatever you want. Don't let the price police or trolls get to you.

#278 8 years ago

Go Niners!

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings! I am the person who bought the $2,700 Congo from Toasterdog. Please believe me when I tell you that there is nothing terrible in my collection.

Nice! That blue Amy tho...

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Congo is by far my favorite pinball machine based off a crappy movie.
Aurich, any new translite has to incorporate Bruce Campbell AND Joe Don "Mitchell" Baker.

Heck, Joe Don Baker deserves his own pin for his breakout role in the smash 1983 hit "Joysticks".

joysticks3bigfixed.jpgjoysticks3bigfixed.jpg

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Heck, Joe Don Baker deserves his own pin for his breakout role in the smash 1983 hit "Joysticks".

Joe Don likes his joysticks.

walkingtall1a.jpgwalkingtall1a.jpg

#282 8 years ago

Price Police inadvertently help sell a high price machine once again--good work guys!!!!!

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice! That blue Amy tho...

It probably looks more blue in the pic than in real life. I have a blue spot on Amy to offset the red spot on the volcano. Better to have a blue Amy than an invisible Amy.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Mccune, you insinuated that I wouldn't get more than 4K for the game amongst a bunch of other stuff that just wasn't fair or accurate. Enjoy being wrong. This thread will forever be a testament to that.

Jim is wrong often, but he is still a good dude in my book

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Price Police inadvertently help sell a high price machine once again--good work guys!!!!!

The price police did all that? Stick to your original argument, which is that the market would do it (or not).

On another note, mark me down as one that was wrong about what this machine was worth. Granted, I didn't shout my feelings from the rooftop or anything, but I thought it was overpriced. Granted, that was at $5200. At $4800, it was starting to come down to Earth, but I still thought it was way high. I was wrong. Congrats to buyer and seller.

#286 8 years ago

Free Market...seems like logically, if you put up a high priced pin and it gets no attention, it likely will go unnoticed and not sell....if you go berserk with a bunch of juvenile comments and keep the thread at the top for days it will get exposed to more buyers....so it seems like there is fairly strong evidence of cause and effect that Price Police played a factor....since it did sell for well above average. Congo is a cool game and on my radar to pick one up sometime.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm not in this hobby to make money so I'm happy. 5200 was a total reach which is why I quickly dropped the price.

I support your right to make money - there's nothing wrong with that. You are entitled to get as much as the game is worth. F the price police. Congratulations on the sale.

But why did you price it at $5200 in the first place if you knew it was a total reach and you're not in it to make money?

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I support your right to make money - there's nothing wrong with that. You are entitled to get as much as the game is worth. F the price police. Congratulations on the sale.
But why did you price it at $5200 in the first place if you knew it was a total reach and you're not in it to make money?

I thought for a few hours that I might be able to get that much. I lost a few hundred bucks on this game. 5200 would have been break even, more or less.

#289 8 years ago

WE all want to know, what did this Congo go for?

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

$4800. He mentioned it in this post.

Quoted from zucot:

Congo left my game room today. In the end I got 4800 total out of the game. I paid 4500 for it, drove 10 hours round trip to pick it up, and added a bunch of stuff to it. All in all I lost a few hundred bucks, but I'm not in this hobby to make money so I'm happy. 5200 was a total reach which is why I quickly dropped the price. Congo was a great game to own. I consider very few games in my collection to be real keepers.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Reading comprehension is strong with this one...

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Mccune, you insinuated that I wouldn't get more than 4K for the game amongst a bunch of other stuff that just wasn't fair or accurate. Enjoy being wrong.

I am always wrong, it 's called life.. I don't care what you sold it for! I think you are a <edited> ! I used your exact words against you and you did not like it .. <edit> LMAO

#293 8 years ago

Congrats to the buyer! Congo is a blast to play you will really enjoy it... one of my favorites. As long as buyer and seller are happy that's really all that matters. Zucot, Thanks for the Trans light, its much better than looking at the original.

#294 8 years ago

Great write up, Art. I agree. I can't say Congo is the best pin in any category but it's a pin I enjoy playing over and over.

It's funny how this thread has dragged on to 300 posts fueled mostly by the price police. Yet, the game was sold for a premium and both buyer and seller is happy. If you were able to get a nice Congo for much less then I would think you would be extra happy. Not only did you get a good deal but when you decide to sell you will get more than you pay for it. If you have no interest in buying or selling a Congo, why would you care what they sell for? Yet, so many people are butt hurt over something.

#295 8 years ago

I guess its back over to one of the Kevin threads.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It probably looks more blue in the pic than in real life. I have a blue spot on Amy to offset the red spot on the volcano. Better to have a blue Amy than an invisible Amy.

Yes does not look as bad as the pic indicates! It is part of the Pinball Bulbs "extra Lighting" package. Bought that along with the "Flowing Lava Light mod" from them.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Looks Great, Charlie!

Will look even better when I install those Ice Blues for the Pop Bumpers and other tweaks from Comet Pinball!!!

#298 8 years ago

So if the sale is complete . . . in before the lock?

#299 8 years ago

I invite all of you to my next sale thread, which I'll link here whenever it happens.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

In the end I got 4800 total out of the game. I paid 4500 for it, drove 10 hours round trip to pick it up, and added a bunch of stuff to it.

Thanks for letting us know the price you sold it for. I wish more people would do this. It just keeps things real.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-for-sale-in-sf-bay-area/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.