Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingtall1a.jpg
joysticks3bigfixed.jpg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
Snickers.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I sold my clear coated playfield and cabinet Congo for 5750 a couple months ago. I think I probably hold the non HEP record

If a HEP job is worth around 5K, that makes a base congo worth....

Nice looking game!

#203 4 years ago

I'm Guessing 4500 cash for final sale here on this one?, Let us know!

#204 4 years ago

I liked my Congo and sold it, in nearly perfect condition, for $1750 four years ago. I made money on the sale, and still felt amazed I was able to sell it for that amount. The prices being talked about on this title lately are silly.

#205 4 years ago

If you can't afford the Congo, I've got some swampland in Florida...

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I liked my Congo and sold it, in nearly perfect condition, for $1750 four years ago. I made money on the sale, and still felt amazed I was able to sell it for that amount. The prices being talked about on this title lately are silly.

In terms of gameplay, Congo stands up pretty well to all of my Sterns. Overall, I think the most comparable modern Stern is Avatar, which sells for ~$3300 (more in nice shape). I had both Congo and Avatar at the same time for a while, sold Avatar. Avatar had better sound and theme, but Congo kills it on layout and rules (IMO). Long way of saying that Congo probably sells for mid-3's because it competes well with most Sterns in that range.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In terms of gameplay, Congo stands up pretty well to all of my Sterns. Overall, I think the most comparable modern Stern is Avatar, which sells for ~$3300 (more in nice shape). I had both Congo and Avatar at the same time for a while, sold Avatar. Avatar had better sound and theme, but Congo kills it on layout and rules (IMO). Long way of saying that Congo probably sells for mid-3's because it competes well with most Sterns in that range.

Congo shouldn't even be in the same breath as Avatar. One is actually an amazing, fun game. One needs to be dropped off in a lake forever. There is no coincidence Avatar sells for fuck all.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

How can you compare any prices today to 4 years ago? Go look at the thread where people brag about buying pins like MM, AFM, MB, and all the top dollar pins for hundreds of dollars years ago. At one time, you couldn't give away most of these pins. That's then, this is now. Price is what people will pay.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

There is no coincidence Avatar sells for fuck all.

#210 4 years ago

reebok-pump-16.jpg

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

There is no coincidence Avatar sells for fuck all.

North of 3k isn't fuck all. I actually enjoyed Avatar a lot.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

reebok-pump-16.jpg

Is that a trade offer? I think you're late, he already sold the Congo.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If a HEP job is worth around 5K, that makes a base congo worth....
Nice looking game!

An HEP job is worth 5k...before you pay Chris for his labor.

My Congo is a beautiful machine, but it's still my least nice-looking machine. I've put 5k into the machine in total, and have considered having the PF restored and restoring the rest of the machine myself. But then I'll be about 8k into the machine, and that just makes no sense at all.

#214 4 years ago

$8000 Congo.?.~Wow, that's a new thread~

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

North of 3k isn't fuck all. I actually enjoyed Avatar a lot.

For a newer Stern it is.

Everyone likes every single pinball to some degree. Avatar is not a popular one and the price reflects it. Eventually people wake up and see good games for what they are, but that game has tanked and tanked.

It took a long time for The Getaway and The Shadow and Demolition Man to reach respectable numbers because the majority know those are great pinballs.

For every Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball lover and TMNT lover there is always an Avatar lover. Just not my personal taste.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In terms of gameplay, Congo stands up pretty well to all of my Sterns. Overall, I think the most comparable modern Stern is Avatar, which sells for ~$3300 (more in nice shape)

Avatar is probably the worst game Stern's churned out in a decade. Congo is definitely better, but not by a lot.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I think a lot of people downing Congo, have either owned it in the past, and are having sellers remorse for selling to cheap back in the day. Quit hating and pay up! Congo's in nice shape are $3800 or more, beats the hell over a Stern Pro for $5400.

I sold my nice Congo for 2700 two weeks ago. I liked the person I sold it to though and really don't need to screw everyone on my way to my grail pin. The theme killed it for me personally and I couldn't look at the translite anymore

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I sold my nice Congo for 2700 two weeks ago. I liked the person I sold it to though and really don't need to screw everyone on my way to my grail pin. The theme killed it for me personally and I couldn't look at the translite anymore

If you sold yours for $2700 recently it had to be a terrible example of Congo ,like someone or not.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

If you sold yours for $2700 recently it had to be a terrible example of Congo ,like someone or not.

Not true. I bought the nicest JD I have ever seen from Toasterdog at an amazing price.

#220 4 years ago

#221 4 years ago

waiting on the sale price news!

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Congo price formula:

Congo price = [more than it's worth] - n, where n is smallest incremental unit of value

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Me too. Would love to know.

#224 4 years ago

Everyone wants to know after all this. It dropped $400 in the first couple of days.

#225 4 years ago

I can understand why people want prices to drop on Congo. The layout, art and audio are excellent, but the theme sucks, so you think it should be $3000 cheaper than the "A" titles. You want to bed the homely sister who's a tiger in the sheets, but you don't want to take her out to Steak and Ale - you're thinking Steak and Shake ought to do it. Well, guess what - the word is out on little sister.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I can understand why people want prices to drop on Congo. The layout, art and audio are excellent, but the theme sucks, so you think it should be $3000 cheaper than the "A" titles. You want to bed the homely sister who's a tiger in the sheets, but you don't want to take her out to Steak and Ale - you're thinking Steak and Shake ought to do it. Well, guess what - the word is out on little sister.

That was so good, I just read it out loud to my wife. Classic stuff.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

!) People want the price to drop on ALL pinball machines. At least people who buy and play. Only sellers (flippers) want them up.

2) Yes, it should be cheaper than better games. This thread started with a $5,200 Congo so your +3K means $8,200. Lots of "A" list under that, but of course "A" list is subjective? Is LOTR under $8,300? Heck yes.

3) If you are buying a $5,200 Congo I think you are going to end up with a sister/little sister 3-some. But remember, pictures or it didn't happen.

#228 4 years ago

Well, let's be realistic - one sale does not mean a new trend. The OP had a very nice example, but the going rate for a decent Congo is still under $3500, if you can get the owner to sell it. Compare that to the B/W "A" titles - MM, AFM, CC, TOTAN. These are all over $5000 now in decent shape.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well, let's be realistic - one sale does not mean a new trend. The OP had a very nice example, but the going rate for a decent Congo is still under $3500, if you can get the owner to sell it. Compare that to the B/W "A" titles - MM, AFM, CC, TOTAN. These are all over $5000 now in decent shape.

Here's the thing, though: My Congo, and many that are owned by Pinsiders, wouldn't be let go for under 4k at the very least. If you get enough people to feel that way about the machine and the supply dries up, then that becomes the new going rate for Congo. It's simple economics. People may not like it, but that's the way it works. It's starting to look that way with AC/DC as well, and there are a shit ton out there. Congo has a pretty limited supply to begin with, which adds to the appeal...and the difficulty of finding one for a decent price.

#230 4 years ago

Sold mine early this year in the low 2s. The playfield had some scoop wear, a touch of wear at the lower playfield window, and a bad insert. Cabinet was structurally sound, but very faded and many drill holes. Translight was scratched.

On the good side, I bought a new jump ramp and some other minor parts for it. Some LEDs, etc.

#231 4 years ago

I bought this one on Ebay for $2300 about 4 months ago. Expand your search beyond Pinside.

IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

So who's the tool that bought this?
I bought this one on Ebay for $2300 about 4 months ago. Expand your search beyond Pinside.
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG

I call BS , show us the Ebay Add.

#233 4 years ago

It was probably so cheap because the flippers are out of alignment.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was probably so cheap because the flippers are out of alignment.

Yep, I guess it saved me 3k. Sale was from May 27th (Older than 90 days, so no link) Seller was asking 2500, he accepted 2350. It was a reimport though, but nice otherwise.

If you really have to see the transaction. Only way I can prove anything is to click my link for my active sale. Click on my Feedback rating number then click my "Feedback left for others", go to page two, third seller down is Nick8599. If you click his name, then "see all feedback" it will show the link for Congo Pinball Machine sale on his feedback (Not sure why it isn't visible on mine, too many transactions maybe)

ebay.com link » Ghs Labels 2 X 4 100 Per Roll Hazard Rating For Chemicals Osha Haz Com

#235 4 years ago

ebay? I've never seen a good deal for a pin on ebay. I have seen Congos that cheap but not in the best shape.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My Congo, and many that are owned by Pinsiders, wouldn't be let go for under 4k at the very least. If you get enough people to feel that way about the machine and the supply dries up, then that becomes the new going rate for Congo.

Only if people buy at that rate. At least y'all are transparent about your strategy

#237 4 years ago

Free market strikes again

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I call BS , show us the Ebay Add.

Seriously?

It isn't that hard to believe, believe me.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
It isn't that hard to believe, believe me.

Prove it.

#241 4 years ago

Exactly, just go away.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Exactly, just go away.

Butthurt?

#243 4 years ago

The great Rob T has spoken, like he has for 5 boring years of his life on Pinside. How can you get anything else done, go get laid or something. Geez, get a life loser.

#244 4 years ago

So that would be a "yes"?

#245 4 years ago

Your the only one who takes it up the .ss that i know of.

#246 4 years ago

Okay guys let's please just stop that right here no need to go that route.

#247 4 years ago

Snickers.jpg

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Yep, I guess it saved me 3k. Sale was from May 27th (Older than 90 days, so no link) Seller was asking 2500, he accepted 2350. It was a reimport though, but nice otherwise.
If you really have to see the transaction. Only way I can prove anything is to click my link for my active sale. Click on my Feedback rating number then click my "Feedback left for others", go to page two, third seller down is Nick8599. If you click his name, then "see all feedback" it will show the link for Congo Pinball Machine sale on his feedback (Not sure why it isn't visible on mine, too many transactions maybe)
ebay.com link ยป Ghs Labels 2 X 4 100 Per Roll Hazard Rating For Chemicals Osha Haz Com

Congratulations. That's rare. Mine's still worth over 4k, and I could get that if I was selling.

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Only if people buy at that rate. At least y'all are transparent about your strategy

Not a strategy. Simple supply and demand.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Your the only one who takes it up the .ss that i know of.

You're a real class act.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You're a real class act.

Thank You very little.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside