Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingtall1a.jpg
joysticks3bigfixed.jpg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
Snickers.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 4 years ago

this game will sell and the lucky new owner will have a beautiful game! that is if the OP doesn't decide to keep it! HIPPO'S

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If the Niners win tonight I will knock off another hundred bucks.

Niners win bump.

#153 4 years ago

if he keeps nocking off $100 bucks at a time this game may be FREE!

#154 4 years ago

If the niners keep winning it will be at $2800 by X-mas.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

... Congrats on contributing to the downfall of pinside.

Congrats on the contributing to the downfall of pinball.

Bump

#156 4 years ago

Ghost Tribe bump. Oogabooga Oogabooga!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

ASSHOLES!!!
That callout would make Congo much more fun.

maybe that will be on the profanity rom. coming soon.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

if he keeps nocking off $100 bucks at a time this game may be FREE!

The OP has a very nice game, and his initial pricing was an attempt to squeeze out the most cash possible. It's the seller's choice to set the price, not the value.

The game will eventually sell as he lowers the price to market value.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You, sir, are completely incorrect on this. I'm one buyer who would gladly pay for mods. My Congo has a $200 topper, a $175 shaker motor, $200 worth of LEDs, an LED OCD card that's $150, Flipper Fidelity speakers, a $300 powdercoating job by Matt at BackAlley, and an alternate translite so I don't have to stare at the horrible one that's stock. If you don't think all of that is worth another $1000, then I'll keep my beautiful Congo while you continue your search for a piece of shit. But it won't be the same experience as playing my machine is. Guaran-f**king-teed.
Oh...I almost forgot: Mine has all new ramps and new window...about $500 in new stuff in the game. I suppose that doesn't add value either.

maybe you need to spend more. since you have a unlimited amount of money

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

maybe you need to spend more. since you have a unlimited amount of money

Awesome response. Well thought out, and exquisitely stated. I applaud you.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome response. Well thought out, and exquisitely stated. I applaud you.

up vote made just 4 You.

#162 4 years ago

Right back at ya', buddy!

#163 4 years ago

More petty mod fight nonsense bump!

#164 4 years ago

Hasn't been bumped enough bump.

#165 4 years ago

Bumpity bump bump

#166 4 years ago

If this thread keeps getting bumped to sell the game ,it could be a contender with the Jpop thread for most post on pinside !

Bump .

#167 4 years ago

I think a lot of people downing Congo, have either owned it in the past, and are having sellers remorse for selling to cheap back in the day. Quit hating and pay up! Congo's in nice shape are $3800 or more, beats the hell over a Stern Pro for $5400.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I think a lot of people downing Congo, have either owned it in the past, and are having sellers remorse for selling to cheap back in the day. Quit hating and pay up! Congo's in nice shape are $3800 or more, beats the hell over a Stern Pro for $5400.

Nobody stateside pays that. My last 2 were $4700 shipped, so more like $4400.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Nobody stateside pays that. My last 2 were $4700 shipped, so more like $4400.

I was just being nice, to the masses.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Who is paying $5400 for a stern pro?

Met pro, ST pro, IMVE all are currently available for between $4600-$4800 shipped to your door. All are also ranked a good bit higher then Congo.

Congo is a fun game and a really good game. But it's no Met pro or IM.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Met pro, ST pro, IMVE all are currently available for between $4600-$4800 shipped to your door. All are also ranked a good bit higher then Congo.

Are you a dealer? I am talking about a new title not NOS.

#172 4 years ago

Stern price dispute bump

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yep, Congo has about 1.5x more stuff in it. As do most of the 90's era machines.

More stuff doesn't necessarily mean more fun but often times it does. Regardless of fun factor, I just haven't been able to bring myself to pay the going rate for Stern's latest games that are really pretty basic.

Would love to see someone come up with a single board CPU replacement that allowed new and interesting code for some of the older games.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yep, Congo has about 1.5x more stuff in it. As do most of the 90's era machines.

A lot have better flow (and great original non license titles)...going from a 90's machine to a newer Stern you really can tell the difference...I'm not much of a Stern fan though so biased.

Off topic bump.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you can hook me up a brand new in the box Star Trek Pro for $4600 delivered to south Florida?

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I think a lot of people downing Congo, have either owned it in the past, and are having sellers remorse for selling to cheap back in the day.

Half right... I sold it because it wasn't a great game. No remorse here

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

A lot have better flow (and great original non license titles)...going from a 90's machine to a newer Stern you really can tell the difference...I'm not much of a Stern fan though so biased.
Off topic bump.

I'm neither a Stern fan or hater. I own LOTR and TSPP because they are relatively loaded with stuff and they have the complete package IMO (sound, rules, art and gameplay).

As a test, take almost any pinball machine from the 90's and imagine Stern releasing it today, reskinned with some popular license. Do you think people would be begging Stern to "Take MY Money" (providing they did a good job on the art, sound, etc..)?

Last Off Topic Bump for me.

GLWS

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

So you can hook me up a brand new in the box Star Trek Pro for $4600 delivered to south Florida?

I'm not a dealer but that is the exact price I just recently paid for a MET pro delivered. Shop around a little, lots of distributors sell them in that price range. They are not hard to find.

#179 4 years ago

Keep the bumps coming, hurray!

#180 4 years ago

Wow,how to begin??This should be a norcal thing,and comments are flying from all the way from the east coast!! I have heard of this seller before with very good vibes! All he's trying to do is sell for what its worth,and he's willing to haggle as well!His pin looks very good,if you don't wanna buy it,why be silly?? If you know how the price goes on this pin,and your input may be helpfull,by all means speak up! I would love to own this pin,and id drive there to pick it up,but the wife says ,no mo room,wail, cry, plead,!! Dude good luck!!

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I would love to own this pin,and id drive there to pick it up,but the wife says ,no mo room!

All you gotta do is get a divorce!

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I own all 3, and I agree. But I still think I'd sell IM before I sold Congo...just because it has such a refreshingly different layout. In fact, I used to worry that IM and MET had very similar layouts - thankfully, they play nothing alike.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I own all 3, and I agree. But I still think I'd sell IM before I sold Congo...just because it has such a refreshingly different layout. In fact, I used to worry that IM and MET had very similar layouts - thankfully, they play nothing alike.

I agree, Congo is a cool layout but I have tron so I already get pretty much the same shot geometry with it. The volcano shot on Congo is very cool though with nothing else much like it in pinball. Congo is definitely worth owning for a while.

Free bump!!

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I agree, Congo is a cool layout but I have tron so I already get pretty much the same shot geometry with it.

Yeah, I seriously considered trading up from Congo to Tron, when it came out. I even bought the "chicks translite". But, I decided I couldn't justify the $ difference and kept Congo. We have Herkermer Homolka, you have Castor.

#186 4 years ago

I'll trade a very nice Demo Man + $500 for it. LMK

#187 4 years ago

What the hell bump, glws.

#188 4 years ago

Big noisy bird Bump!

#189 4 years ago

High altitude booze bump!

Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png

#190 4 years ago

Yes! Congo even had it's own video game bump! Gotta love the SEGA Saturn! Someone buy this CONGAlicious pin!

Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg

#191 4 years ago

Bump from Canada - Watching the Jays!! GO JAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#192 4 years ago

Hump Day Bump

#193 4 years ago

Sale pending.

#194 4 years ago

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over...bump

#195 4 years ago

Oh...you've GOT to tell us how much you got for it!

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over...bump

It aint over till it's over, baby.

#197 4 years ago

I sold my clear coated playfield and cabinet Congo for 5750 a couple months ago. I think I probably hold the non HEP record
image.jpg

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I sold my clear coated playfield and cabinet Congo for 5750 a couple months ago. I think I probably hold the non HEP record
image.jpg

I think Pinlawyer has you beat. He was selling a CQ one for north of 6k last year.

#200 4 years ago

I'm eventually going to put gloss black hardware on mine. Thanks for this ad, OP, it helped me justify buying some more upgrades!

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside