Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingtall1a.jpg
joysticks3bigfixed.jpg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
Snickers.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait...BTTF Is a 5K game?....AWESOME! I mean "Ive put a lot of work into mine" and it's "Awesome" but "I wouldn't sell it for 5K" blah blah blah

Someone gets it!

#103 4 years ago

100th post!

Black bootie translite sold. Game price reduced to 4800. Pinside donation coming up as soon as msj2222 confirms that he's happy with his purchase.

#104 4 years ago

Monday morning bump!

#105 4 years ago

A "bad Kevin" thread brought me here.

#106 4 years ago

I bought my Congo around 2004, when it was getting a lot of hate on RGP. I almost sold it due to all the negativity, but my family talked me into keeping it. I have about $2200 into it with new ramps, plastics and playfield window. I'll never sell it because it makes great temporary-trade bait, and it has a completely unique layout. When you're hitting your shots, Congo flows like melted butter. It makes me sad to see so many people dressing theirs up with colored GI and ugly translites. That's what's jacking the average price up. Any example over $3500 should at least come with new ramps - the Pinball Inc. ramps are twice as thick.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I invite everyone to come price police the hell out of my Congo thread. See you guys there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-for-sale-in-sf-bay-area

I'm only here because the other pitchfork thread got boring and everyone was invited here for the burning at the stake.

Is Congo an A-List title now? I've never played it, so I can't comment on the gameplay, but damn....I didn't even pay this much for a NIB Metallica Pro with a ColorDMD.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought my Congo around 2004, when it was getting a lot of hate on RGP. I almost sold it due to all the negativity, but my family talked me into keeping it. I have about $2200 into it with new ramps, plastics and playfield window. I'll never sell it because it makes great temporary-trade bait, and it has a completely unique layout. When you're hitting your shots, Congo flows like melted butter. It makes me sad to see so many people dressing theirs up with colored GI and ugly translites. That's what's jacking the average price up. Any example over $3500 should at least come with new ramps - the Pinball Inc. ramps are twice as thick.

I would say rarity and unique layout are what's raising the price, but to each his own.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm only here because the other pitchfork thread got boring and everyone was invited here for the burning at the stake.
Is Congo an A-List title now? I've never played it, so I can't comment on the gameplay, but damn....I didn't even pay this much for a NIB Metallica Pro with a ColorDMD.

You got a NIB Met pro with a color dmd for 4800? That's a great deal.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I would say rarity and unique layout are what's raising the price, but to each his own.

Actually I agree with this too. Even a bone stock nice Congo goes for 3300+ these days.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Agree the layout on Congo is really unique and the game has some fun shots. I really enjoy this game and would love to own one if I had the room. Again this is a fantastic game and now @ 4800 plus pinside donation loot!

GLWS!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You got a NIB Met pro with a color dmd for 4800? That's a great deal.

Oops. Actually no. I was looking at one of the other posts that said the Congo was $5,000. I skimmed the thread and apparently missed where the price had dropped. But my NIB with a ColorDMD was less than $5,000 and that even included a shaker motor.

#114 4 years ago

4,800 for a Congo? F*ck no. It's on my wish list. But at 4,800 ill takes it off. NIB game or 20 year old dinosaur? oh wait he's in California sorry I take that back sir

#115 4 years ago

"The price police, they live inside of my head
The price police, they come to me in my bed
The price police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no...."

#116 4 years ago

Congratulations on getting a Congo for sale thread over 100 posts in less than two days.

#117 4 years ago

If the Niners win tonight I will knock off another hundred bucks.

#118 4 years ago

If they lose will you bump it another hundred bucks?

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

4,800 for a Congo? F*ck no. It's on my wish list. But at 4,800 ill takes it off. NIB game or 20 year old dinosaur? oh wait he's in California sorry I take that back sir

There are tons of older pins over this price so whats your point? Congo is much rarer and better than many older pins and newer pins priced higher imo. This one is about as nice as they come and has tons of upgrades.

#120 4 years ago

O yea and its in pretty high demand which means prices go up also

#121 4 years ago

Would you be interested in selling it bone stock? Some of us aren't crazy about mods. Serious inquiry here.

#122 4 years ago

This is a price!
I'm happy with my proximity to your location!
I'm apathetic to the success of your pin selling endeavor!

#123 4 years ago

Hmm. Could you please define "bone stock" for me?

Some of the mods would be ruined if you took them off (LED strips with sticky tape, etc.) I don't have much interest in converting this back to an incandescent game, nor do I have the bulbs to do so.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they lose will you bump it another hundred bucks?

Only if the buyer is in Minnesota.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hmm. Could you please define "bone stock" for me?
Some of the mods would be ruined if you took them off (LED strips with sticky tape, etc.) I don't have much interest in converting this back to an incandescent game, nor do I have the bulbs to do so.

That's what I was taking about. Just like it was brand new. With incandescents or without bulbs if you don't have them.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There are tons of older pins over this price so whats your point? Congo is much rarer and better than many older pins and newer pins priced higher imo. This one is about as nice as they come and has tons of upgrades.

My point is tons of upgrades and toys do NOT make your game worth more. Congo is a good game will not take anything from that. But the OP puts a RGB strip under the cab, monkey toys and other shit. Shazzaam that game is now 4,800 dollars. another guy sees this one just sold for 4,800 mines all of a sudden his is worth 6,000 K. Hope nobody is wondering why the prices are going up day after day

#127 4 years ago

My point is tons of upgrades and toys do NOT make your game worth more. Congo is a good game will not take anything from that. But the OP puts a RGB strip under the cab, monkey toys and other shit. Shazzaam that game is now 4,800 dollars. another guy sees this one just sold for 4,800 mines all of a sudden his is worth 6,000 K. Hope nobody is wondering why the prices are going up day after day

I have sold a dozen + games, mostly through Pinside ads. Mods absolutely make your game worth more. There are buyers that want colored lighting and extras, and there are buyers that want the bone stock look. The people in the former camp will gladly pay more for those things, to a degree.

Making a broad statement like that is just silly. Thanks for the bump though.

#128 4 years ago

Free Market Bump

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

That's what I was taking about. Just like it was brand new. With incandescents or without bulbs if you don't have them.

I'd have to think about this, but I don't exactly need 300 bucks worth of lights for a game that I would no longer own, so the answer would be "probably not."

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'd have to think about this, but I don't exactly need 300 bucks worth of lights for a game that I would no longer own, so the answer would be "probably not."

no worries.

#131 4 years ago

If you sell a game on Pinside without LEDs, the LED police will come after you.

#132 4 years ago

I would do that for him the price of the mods would cover your time game price would stay the same .
Take out the mods! Maybe even charge an extra hundred bucks for all the work . Op good luck with the sale

#133 4 years ago

If Stern releases WWE code I will drop the price by another 100 bucks.

#134 4 years ago

People love to say "mods don't increase the value of your game" when what they mean is "mods don't increase the value of your game to me." If you don't like mods, don't buy games with mods (or make a lower offer to the seller including a term that they get to keep X, Y and Z mods that you don't like.) But for most mods, there's a subset of buyers out there that'd be happy to pay some percentage of the original cost of the mod (perhaps exceeding 100% if it's difficult to install) in addition to the value of the "bone stock" game. If you ignore that class of buyers you end up with a distorted view of the pinball market.

This post is not an endorsement on the pricing of this game, no interest in engaging on that issue. It's just annoying when people pop up with a knee-jerk "your mods are worthless" response to a heavily modded game. Your preferences do not necessarily reflect all potential buyers.

#135 4 years ago

My point is tons of upgrades and toys do NOT make your game worth more.

You, sir, are completely incorrect on this. I'm one buyer who would gladly pay for mods. My Congo has a $200 topper, a $175 shaker motor, $200 worth of LEDs, an LED OCD card that's $150, Flipper Fidelity speakers, a $300 powdercoating job by Matt at BackAlley, and an alternate translite so I don't have to stare at the horrible one that's stock. If you don't think all of that is worth another $1000, then I'll keep my beautiful Congo while you continue your search for a piece of shit. But it won't be the same experience as playing my machine is. Guaran-f**king-teed.

Oh...I almost forgot: Mine has all new ramps and new window...about $500 in new stuff in the game. I suppose that doesn't add value either.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

People love to say "mods don't increase the value of your game" when what they mean is "mods don't increase the value of your game to me." If you don't like mods, don't buy games with mods (or make a lower offer to the seller including a term that they get to keep X, Y and Z mods that you don't like.) But for most mods, there's a subset of buyers out there that'd be happy to pay some percentage of the original cost of the mod (perhaps exceeding 100% if it's difficult to install) in addition to the value of the "bone stock" game. If you ignore that class of buyers you end up with a distorted view of the pinball market.
This post is not an endorsement on the pricing of this game, no interest in engaging on that issue. Its just annoying when people pop up with a knee-jerk "your mods are worthless" response to a heavily modded game. Your preferences do not necessarily reflect all potential buyers.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree 100%.

#137 4 years ago

No one has to be wrong on the issue. If you're willing to pay for mods, do it. If you're not, keep looking. You don't need to invalidate someone else's opinion to make yours valid.

#138 4 years ago

Mod Fight Bump

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

No one has to be wrong on the issue. If you're willing to pay for mods, do it. If you're not, keep looking. You don't need to invalidate someonels s opinion to make yours valid.

If the "opinion" is whether mods look good or are worth paying for, I'm not looking to invalidate it! I like some mods and dislike others, and weigh my interest in the installed mods before making an offer on a game just like anyone else.

My point was simply that the statement "mods don't increase the value of your game" is almost always objectively false. The game's got extra bits on it that are worth money to a subset of pinball buyers, and that's all it takes to increase the market value of the game. If you don't like mods you may chose not to make an offer (so by modding his game OP probably reduced the pool of potential buyers), or you might make a reduced offer for the game with mods removed (which acknowledges that the mods have some value), or you might buy the game at asking price, factoring in what you think you can sell the mods for after you strip them off.

If the "opinion" is "mods have no value to me" or "a heavily modded game can be tougher to sell" or even "it's rare to recoup 100% of your mod costs" then I've got no objections. But you frequently see blanket statements that mods add zero resell value to a game, and that's just silly.

#140 4 years ago

Kaneda told me that he'll give a Hellcat ride to the buyer of the game, for what that's worth.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If the "opinion" is whether mods look good or are worth paying for, I'm not looking to invalidate it! I like some mods and dislike others, and weigh my interest in the installed mods before making an offer on a game just like anyone else.
My point was simply that the statement "mods don't increase the value of your game" is almost always objectively false. The game's got extra bits on it that are worth money to a subset of pinball buyers, and that's all it takes to increase the market value of the game. If you don't like mods you may chose not to make an offer (so by modding his game OP probably reduced the pool of potential buyers), or you might make a reduced offer for the game with mods removed (which acknowledges that the mods have some value), or you might buy the game at asking price, factoring in what you think you can sell the mods for after you strip them off.
If the "opinion" is "mods have no value to me" or "a heavily modded game can be tougher to sell" or even "it's rare to recoup 100% of your mod costs" then I've got no objections. But you frequently see blanket statements that mods add zero resell value to a game, and that's just silly.

I agree with what you said, but I think you're getting into semantics, now. It's a pinball hobby forum, not a formal debate class. When people usually make that statement, inaccurate though it may be, most people know what they really meant was its now worth it to them.

#142 4 years ago

I am a late arrival here, diverted from the Dark Knight thread. I think someone should kick your but for selling. Maybe a gorilla?

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

... factoring in what you think you can sell the mods for after you strip them off.

You are assuming the MODs were reversible mods. The OP has admitted he has destroyed the originality of the game.

Bump.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

destroyed the originality

Hyperbole bump

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You are assuming the MODs were reversible mods. The OP has admitted he has destroyed the originality of the game.
Bump.

I said that some of the mods would be destroyed if I removed them. Congrats on contributing to the downfall of pinside.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If Stern releases WWE code I will drop the price by another 100 bucks.

Doesn't matter what Stern does, you will drop much more than that if you want to sell the Congo. 4K you will get some action, the air is pretty thin @ 4k!

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Bump.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

"The price police, they live inside of my head
The price police, they come to me in my bed
The price police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no...."

Rock on!

#150 4 years ago

I'd rather be at a overpriced Fs thread than GOT or Kevin thread bump

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside