Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingtall1a.jpg
joysticks3bigfixed.jpg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
Snickers.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's on your wishlist. Make me an offer. Hint: 2500 is beyond lowballing.

I have a feeling it will remain on my wishlist for a long time.

#53 4 years ago

Regardless of price I just wanted to say that Zucot is a stand up seller who describes his machines with full disclosure. Anyone interested should have no worries regarding the quality of this pin. If I had an extra 5k it would be mine.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

Regardless of price I just wanted to say that Zucot is a stand up seller who describes his machines with full disclosure. Anyone interested should have no worries regarding the quality of this pin. If I had an extra 5k it would be mine.

Totally agree I have purchased many games from zucot and you get what you pay for, everything in his collection is top notch. This specific Congo I have played many times and it's a beautiful game.

Also if your lucky he may even throw in a sealed Amy figure!

Amy.jpg

#55 4 years ago

Hmmm

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

I rarely comment on topics when I don't agree on the price, but here ya go.
Below is a pic of Gwaxts description of his machine, listed 5 days ago, has not sold, it's way cheaper and has more new parts that are expensive.
Just saying this game is worth mid to lower 3's.
I own one so I guess I should be saying "oh nice price" just to try and increase the market value, like others, but I'm an honest guy......
Throwin in my 2 cents, anyway good luck with your sale, you are entitled to ask whatever amount of $ you want to.
image.jpg

Really?? That says "players condition" and besides a coin door whats expensive? I have a feeling there is a big difference in condition.

#57 4 years ago

The relentless price pumping of Congo is ridiculous

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Really Here you go...

Quoted from Pinwow:

Below is a pic of Gwaxts description of his machine, listed 5 days ago, has not sold, it's way cheaper and has more new parts that are expensive.

I went to go buy this plus a NF just last week, when it was listed for $3,200 plus shopping. I wound up leaving with NF and passing on the Congo. My idea of shopping and completely working 100% must be different than others. "More new parts"... A couple of rebuilt flippers, new rubbers and some plugs fixed is a nice thing, but expensive? How about throwing in a new playfield plastic so you can at least see the dame gorilla and take the blue painters tape off holding all the bulbs in the backbox and check to see if the Super Skill Shot is working!!!

Quoted from Pinwow:

Just saying this game is worth mid to lower 3's

I didn't think so. I think it is priced appropriate to the market today for a players condition pin. I've been searching for a high end one for the last year. I experienced watching the price increase with every Congo sold and another pin slip through my fingers. I had a chance at one for $3500 that was pristine and before the guy sent pictures, somebody bought it sight unseen. I realized that if I wanted one to my liking, I'd have to pay a premium as I gladly did so recently.
So if you buy this pin, you'll wind up putting in another $500-$1000 easily to bring it up to where the OP is listing his for. And to be honest, maybe even more.

Quoted from Pinwow:

I own one so I guess I should be saying "oh nice price" just to try and increase the market value, like others, but I'm an honest guy......

If you think that the pin in the add you showed was way cheaper and worth it, I'd say you couldn't list you machine for the amount that the OP is anyway! I'm just an honest guy too

Quoted from Pinwow:

Throwin in my 2 cents, anyway good luck with your sale, you are entitled to ask whatever amount of $ you want to.
image.jpg

You're $4.999.98 short!

If you're thinking this is too high, just make an offer that's not insulting and you may be surprised by his response.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The relentless price pumping of Congo is ridiculous

Herbert,

you are killin me! Need the Congo price bump to cover my IM loss ( pre VE buyer).

OT, nice Traverse race. Saratoga still the grave yard of champs.

Oh as far as the OP's price. He can ask whatever he wants. People who are truly interested in his game with the cash in hand will decide if its a good buy. GLWTS

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Really Here you go...

I went to go buy this plus a NF just last week, when it was listed for $3,200 plus shopping. I wound up leaving with NF and passing on the Congo. My idea of shopping and completely working 100% must be different than others. "More new parts"... A couple of rebuilt flippers, new rubbers and some plugs fixed is a nice thing, but expensive? How about throwing in a new playfield plastic so you can at least see the dame gorilla and take the blue painters tape off holding all the bulbs in the backbox and check to see if the Super Skill Shot is working!!!

I didn't think so. I think it is priced appropriate to the market today for a players condition pin. I've been searching for a high end one for the last year. I experienced watching the price increase with every Congo sold and another pin slip through my fingers. I had a chance at one for $3500 that was pristine and before the guy sent pictures, somebody bought it sight unseen. I realized that if I wanted one to my liking, I'd have to pay a premium as I gladly did so recently.
So if you buy this pin, you'll wind up putting in another $500-$1000 easily to bring it up to where the OP is listing his for. And to be honest, maybe even more.

If you think that the pin in the add you showed was way cheaper and worth it, I'd say you couldn't list you machine for the amount that the OP is anyway! I'm just an honest guy too

You're $4.999.98 short!
If you're thinking this is too high, just make an offer that's not insulting and you may be surprised by his response.

#61 4 years ago

I would be interested in seeing a good picture of the alt translight on this if you have one. Thanks

#62 4 years ago

Morning price police bump.

#63 4 years ago

I think mine is a hair better then this. Perhaps I should help out by listing for $5900?

I mean, after all, I have 1 more Hippo!

GL Bump!

#64 4 years ago

I'm only price police when I want to buy a game and ads like these keep the prices going up.once I own one I'm the guy who's like great game awesome price bro lmao either way on this one I hate Congo bump!! Stupid ape

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

image.jpg

I didn't want to shit in that guys thread but since you brought it up in my listing, there is no way that his game is anywhere near as nice as mine. Cabinet fade. Insert wear. A fogged up lower playfield window. A chipped volcano. Did you even look at the pictures / read the descriptions?

For the record I personally replaced every piece of rubber on this machine and the flippers are plenty strong.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I didn't want to shit in that guys thread but since you brought it up in my listing, there is no way that his game is anywhere near as nice as mine. Cabinet fade. Insert wear. A fogged up lower playfield window. A chipped volcano. Did you even look at the pictures / read the descriptions?
For the record I personally replaced every piece of rubber on this machine and the flippers are plenty strong.

Don't worry about it. Your Congo is very nice. I have one but its not as nice as yours "yet". Your price is what it is. If you guys don't like the price then why say anything. Not sure what you gain from this. It is what it is. Would i pay 9K for a GOT. HELL NO but im not basing Stern for it. I don't care. If i want it at that price i will buy it. DONE!!

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

image.jpg

maybe you should lay eyes on it before you comment. but your young yet you will get the hang of this pinball thing someday. OP good luck with sale

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

For the record I personally replaced every piece of rubber on this machine

What an amazing feat! Congratulations on your play field promotion!

#69 4 years ago

Sunday Brunch Unnecessary Critical Comments Bump

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What an amazing feat! Congratulations on your play field promotion!

Hey, cool. Way to come in here and snipe but not address my response to your one sided statements. Should I post pictures of your cabinet faded, chunk out of the head missing game so that the rest of pinside can be the judge as to which is 'nicer'? I think you're needed back home under your bridge.

Ps thanks for the bump.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I would be interested in seeing a good picture of the alt translight on this if you have one. Thanks

In celebration of this black bootie translite I am lowering the price to 4900.

image.jpg

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

image.jpg

That fabled translite is so bad it's somehow the best thing ever.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That fabled translite is so bad it's somehow the best thing ever.

In my defense it came with the game.

#74 4 years ago

In your first pic, it looks like you have the other alternate translite installed that John makes for this game (the one that is WAY better, IMHO). I can see the gorilla's eyes at the top and the Zinj ruins. Am I missing something?

#75 4 years ago

THat Translite is awesome! Look all 5 guys and a gorilla are transfixed on her ASS! This translite was designed to make more money. Put in a quarter, get lost staring at her ass, put in a nother quarter, damn drained again, I was looking at her ass! This Translite along is worth $300, I just can't stop staring at her ASS!

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In your first pic, it looks like you have the other alternate translite installed that John makes for this game (the one that is WAY better, IMHO). I can see the gorilla's eyes at the top and the Zinj ruins. Am I missing something?

Yes, this game comes with all 3 translites. I have the one that John made installed.

Also, it comes with pinball decals target decals and the dress up plastics to cover the metal ball return guides by the flippers.

#77 4 years ago

IN My Opinion...I beleive anyone can ask what they want for any pin they are selling. I won't mention the game, but I got torn a new ass by listing a game 2 months ago. Price police we're out in full force for my pin! Caused many a debate on this forum much like this thread. There is where I'm confused....if your not interested in Congo, why ar you even posting? If your more than a 5 hour drive away, why do you care. After seeing the best Congo ever this year at pinball extreme in Santa Clara, fell in love with game, and it didn't even have the Ass translite. Been half hearted looking since. I personally would only pay 2500-3500, do all fixes myself and call it a day. Half the fun of buying a pin is getting a lesser grade machine and doing your own work. 5k is retail for this game., just my opinion. 4k, you would have an offer today!

#78 4 years ago

Forgot to mention...My buddy has a Congo... he did the speaker upgrade with sub-woofer and the games sound popped twice as good, the bass and improved speakers put his over the top! Flipper Fidelity upgrade, and the glowing volcano mod in translite is awesome!

#79 4 years ago

Under-cab lighting for this game is nice Too!

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey, cool. Way to come in here and snipe but not address my response to your one sided statements. Should I post pictures of your cabinet faded, chunk out of the head missing game so that the rest of pinside can be the judge as to which is 'nicer'? inthink you're needed back home under your bridge.

The only reason you are claiming no wood showing on your game, is that someone poorly touched up your head. I'll take a small chunk of wood missing to your horribly touched up cabinet head! Plus I wasn't trying to hide anything as I am pretty sure I could have fixed it.

I find it funny that my stuff was top price and then see you post a game for way more. There are at least two Congo's for sale on Pinside and both are over priced and the proof is, they are not sold!

I'll save you the trouble. Here is my 100% original untouched factory survivor. Is it perfect no , I would rather have a unmolested game with a few flaws over a poorly touched up game . But that is me.

I did not respond to your last email because your first email told my everything I needed to know that you were not going to buy it so I decided to not waste anymore time on you.

My game is sold .

GLWS...LOL

IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Zucat-GLWS- with time you will get your price , maybe someone shows up with $4500 cash waving it around, Take it!

#82 4 years ago

Sold my Congo about a week ago. Definately a fun game, I just needed the space and was not playing it much anymore. Congo is crazy hot right now, mine sold in less then 24hrs before I could even get pics uploaded.

#83 4 years ago

More unnecessary critical comments illogically keeping game at top price police noise bump

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The only reason you are claiming no wood showing on your game, is that someone poorly touched up your head. I'll take a small chunk of wood missing to your horribly touched up cabinet head! Plus I wasn't trying to hide anything as I am pretty sure I could have fixed it.
I find it funny that my stuff was top price and then see you post a game for way more. There are at least two Congo's for sale on Pinside and both are over priced and the proof is, they are not sold!
I'll save you the trouble. Here is my 100% original untouched factory survivor. Is it perfect no , I would rather have a unmolested game with a few flaws over a poorly touched up game . But that is me.
I did not respond to your last email because your first email told my everything I needed to know that you were not going to buy it so I decided to not waste anymore time on you.
My game is sold .
GLWS...LOL
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg

I'm glad that you sold your game. It makes me feel better about listing in the high 4s, because I believe that mine is still nicer than yours. (No fade cab, LEDs/strips/spotlights, mantis volcano scoop, more mods / extas.) I probably would have bought yours even with the head damage but the cab fade was the real dealbreaker.

I stand by what I said. For a game in that condition, 4K is high end.

Maybe doing the math will help you out. Let's assume that your game is worth 4K because you said it sold and that was the last asking price that I'm aware of.

Here are extras on my game that yours didn't have:

LED Kit / strips: 260 bucks (kit came from here: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/congo-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit , plus I bought an extra strip for above the volcano)
Volcano led mod: 40 bucks (http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/congo-pinball-color-changing-volcano-mod)
Volcano Mantis scoop: 45 bucks (here: http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm) Every Congo owner should invest in this.
Pinball decals target decals: 33 bucks
Return lane decals: 16 bucks (here http://www.treasure-cove.net/Congo.htm)
Alterate translites: 180 bucks (here ebay.com link » Congo Pinball Machine Alternate Translite 2 Versions ) Maybe these can be found for cheaper.
Undercab RGB lighting: 40 bucks http://mezelmods.com/products/rgb-kits
Cab fade - You can't buy a set of cab decals for Congo to my knowledge. Common prices on decal sets are 250 bucks, so lets go with that.

That alone adds up to about to just north of 800 bucks, not factoring in shipping costs / the time it took to install all of this stuff / whatever inflation this title may have seen over the last 7 months.

For someone that "decided to not waste anymore time on me" you sure did go out of your way to troll my listing. I hope it brings some happiness to your life. Thanks for the bump!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

In my defense it came with the game.

No I mean it...it's so bizarre I would use it if I owned it.

#86 4 years ago

Figured id bump this since its been almost a hr lol . Ive gotten so use to it at the top it was odd to not see it there . Glws op
By the way ive seen other congos sell for 3500-4 that weren't nearly as nice as this sell pretty quickly in the last few months . This is one of the nicer ones ive seen pics of and has lots of upgrades/mods . Condition is king especially since there aren't many of them and no readily available playfields or decals. Beautiful pin only thing it needs for the price is a cliffy set including the ball drop switch protectors to keep it looking sexy for a long time .

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Really I'd say you couldn't list you machine for the amount that the OP is anyway!

The difference is, that ours isn't for sale.
And I could list it for $18,000, doesn't mean that the game is worth it.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

are we talking congo or BBB?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

HArd to tell on Pinside these days

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Actually, I was talking about Data East Back to the Future

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Really Here you go...

You're $4.999.98 short!

as much as I would love to stuff hundreds of dollars in new parts into these machines, the profitability factor is extremely tight. Not to mention the hours and hours spent cleaning. it was a "Players condition machine " with some new parts installed. I try my best to advertise exactly what I see.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Actually, I was talking about Data East Back to the Future

son i think your in the wrong thread.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

son i think your in the wrong thread.

Wait...BTTF Is a 5K game?....AWESOME! I mean "Ive put a lot of work into mine" and it's "Awesome" but "I wouldn't sell it for 5K" blah blah blah

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

image.jpg

Ohh, I love that translight. I got to get one. Sell me yours for $150 and you can drop your $$. I am sooo tired of seeing price critics policing and polluting F/S threads. I have been on other forums where if you have nothing nice to say STFU. I think we need it adopted here...too many bad vibes on f/s posts. Just move on if you don't like it...PLEASE! BTW, Thanks for the pic!

#96 4 years ago

If you're serious shoot me a pm. I'd happily sell it for 150 shipped, drop the price of the game another 100 bucks and donate 50 to pinside.

#97 4 years ago

PM sent...Rock out with your c@ck out! HIPPOS

#98 4 years ago

Another +1 for Zucot. I bought my TSPP from him - and it was in rockin shape.
I'd glad buy from him again. Only downside for some that I see is he's not selling
"players condition" or "project" pins. Nothing in his garage falls in that category.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

PM sent...Rock out with your c@ck out! HIPPOS

About time. Stop procrastinating, someone make the man an offer already.

Condition is king. I've seen this game in person and it's beautiful.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

About time. Stop procrastinating, someone make the man an offer already.
Condition is king. I've seen this game in person and it's beautiful.

It was just for a translight

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside