Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingtall1a.jpg
joysticks3bigfixed.jpg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
Snickers.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
reebok-pump-16.jpg
image.jpg
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-02-21_at_12.11.58_PM.png
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,800

for sale

Congo for sale in SF Bay Area

Added: September 12th, 2015 Ended: October 9th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Really really really nice Congo.

The Bad
Part of the Paramount logo on the head was scratched off / repainted (it's in the pictures.)

The Good
Fully working. No problems or board hacks.
Recently fully shopped.
Strong flippers.
No fade cabinet
No PF wear
Pinball bulbs full kit + led strips (3 total, 1 at the flippers, 1 at Amy, 1 above the volcano) + flashers + spotlights
Mantis volcano scoop
Repaired volcano plastic
Volcano led strip mod
3 translites. Original, Jungle Booty version, Ruins version (installed)
Undercabinet RGB led strip wired to different flashers
Recently fully shopped
3D printed Plastic protector for the commonly broken plastic that goes under the volcano
Fresh white rubber
Super bands
Cliffy posts
Various toys added (monkeys, hippo.)

Pictures here:
http://s149.photobucket.com/user/zucot/library/Congo

Prefer local pickup. Open to trade offers but there isn't much that I'm looking for.

I know that this is the top end for a Congo, but this one is in really great shape and this title is hard to find / very popular lately.

Thanks for looking!

Item photos

IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0664.jpg
IMG_0665.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0672.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg
IMG_0670.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/zucot/library/Congo

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 4,800

Item location

South San Francisco, CA, US

Seller insights

These are zucot's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to zucot's stats page

#3 4 years ago

Great looking pin. I love Congo hope it finds a good new home soon.

#4 4 years ago

Trade for whitewater ?

#5 4 years ago

5200.00 seems like the top end for a game that hasn't been restored with a clearcoated playfield, etc

#6 4 years ago

GLWS!

(at that price, you're going to need it)

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

GLWS!
(at that price, you're going to need it)

Open to offers.

Quoted from McCune:

5200.00 seems like the top end for a game that hasn't been restored with a clearcoated playfield, etc

Hey thanks for your opinion. Free bump at least.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey thanks for your opinion.

Not my opinion, those are your words when you were interested in my nicer Congo for 4K. Lol

#9 4 years ago

Hey I remember your game now. It had a clean playfield with no wear and I was very interested in it. Then I asked you a question and you never responded so I moved on.

To be fair, your game also had some problems. Cabinet fade, a chunk of wood missing from one side of the head, no LEDs, the stock translite, and your price was from 7 months ago.

Given all of this, how is your game "nicer"? Is it because my volcano plastic was repaired? (This is hardly noticeable when playing the game.)

Between the extras that this game has + the increase in desirability on this game over the last 7 months I don't think I'm too far off of the mark. Your game at 4k would probably go instantly in today's market.

If my price is too high then the market will speak for itself and I'll either lower the price or keep the game for a while longer.

#11 4 years ago

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not my opinion, those are your words when you were interested in my nicer Congo for 4K. Lol

Give him a break, Jim. Those animal figures from Michael's have gotta be worth at least another 1k.

But seriously, thanks to the OP for this thread. I knew my machine was worth about 5k, and this thread proves it. I wouldn't sell it for much less, and Congo is worth every penny you pay for it...whatever you pay for it.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Give him a break, Jim. Those animal figures from Michael's have gotta be worth at least another 1k.
But seriously, thanks to the OP for this thread. I knew my machine was worth about 5k, and this thread proves it. I wouldn't sell it for much less, and Congo is worth every penny you pay for it...whatever you pay for it.

I bet your game is worth 5K, especially if it doesn't have cabinet fade and a chunk missing out of one side of the backbox.

#14 4 years ago

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay . The market wiil decide the price in the end . Its been a hot pin and has been selling pretty easy near 4k so 5 is not out of the question but I think low 4s is definitely a real possibility. Glws op

#15 4 years ago

I think most of you assholes enjoy discussing prices more than actually playing pinball. There are tons of overpriced games listed all the time. Does it make your dick feel larger to point out no one will pay the asking price for it? The best thing to do is not respond at all and let the topic die. The OP will figure it out when they get zero inquiries that the price is insane.

To keep this on topic: HIPPOS

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I think most of you assholes enjoy discussing prices more than actually playing pinball. There are tons of overpriced games listed all the time. Does it make your dick feel larger to point out no one will pay the asking price for it? The best thing to do is not respond at all and let the topic die. The OP will figure it out when they get zero inquiries that the price is insane.

HIPPOS! Thanks for keeping it light on here and giving me a laugh.

#18 4 years ago

I still havent seen the movie lol.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Does it make your dick feel larger to point out no one will pay the asking price for it?

Florida people.

#20 4 years ago

Hey McCune, dont go throwing all Florida people in one bunch.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I think most of you assholes enjoy discussing prices more than actually playing pinball.

ASSHOLES!!!

That callout would make Congo much more fun.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

ASSHOLES!!!
That callout would make Congo much more fun.

I think you're looking for Demo Man.

#23 4 years ago

Is that a typo did you mean $2,500??

#24 4 years ago

Pinside price cops...to the rescue!!! Thanks to our brave first responders...if not for their quick and decisive action somebody may have bought a pinball machine for more than it has sold for in the past. Forever grateful for your service.

#25 4 years ago

I'm not going to address price because that will be determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. I just wanted to mention that I got a machine from Zucot. For any potential purchasers - he is very up front on his descriptions. When I went to see my machine he was completely accurate with his representations. The games I saw in his collection were all in great shape - you can feel very comfortable purchasing from him. Glws!

#26 4 years ago

Price police downvoting me....tears welling up in my eyes

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Price police downvoting me....tears welling up in my eyes

Wouldn't surprise me.

Appears that you were bothered enough by the down vote to actually complain about it.

whiny.jpg

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Appears that you were bothered enough by the down vote to actually complain about it.

Good thing you've never whined about getting a downvote

Again, do away with the voting, some guys can't take it....also, this tip is free: If you think a pin is outrageously priced, do NOT continuously bump it to the top by yammering on about the price. Simple logic.

High price bump.

#29 4 years ago

I can't believe how outrageously priced this pin is.

#30 4 years ago

Downvote/upvote whiner bump

#31 4 years ago

I remember when I wouldn't even put a quarter in a Congo. GLWS!

#32 4 years ago

LOL bump!

GLWS, Zucot!

#33 4 years ago

Me neither! Lowered to 5k.

#34 4 years ago

Lowered Price after police bust bump

#35 4 years ago

Have these really gone up in value this much? I bought a really nice one less than two years ago for $1800.00. Sold it 6 months later for $2k.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Have these really gone up in value this much? I bought a really nice one less than two years ago for $1800.00. Sold it 6 months later for $2k.

Pretty much every single pin has gone up in value over the last 2 years. Thanks for the bump, bump!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Yes - it has. The floor for Congo, BSD and most other tier 2 B/W games is $2500 for rough examples.

#38 4 years ago

In fact JD is now a $4000 game folks!

#39 4 years ago

Yes every game has gone up a little accept original MM!! LOL

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pinside price cops...to the rescue!!! Thanks to our brave first responders...if not for their quick and decisive action somebody may have bought a pinball machine for more than it has sold for in the past. Forever grateful for your service.

Usually, when people price police, it is warranted. I've probably sold a dozen games or so through Pinside and I've never been price policed once, not even by those on here who think my opinions are shite and would probably love to be able to do so.

I don't make a habit of price policing, but let's face it, it's part of the "free market".

#41 4 years ago

that would take care of high priced games without illogically bumping them to the top---exactly, free market. If high priced game was greeted with crickets it wouldn't get attention...that's what strikes me as odd with the PP(tm)...they should get with their lieutenant and rethink the illogical bump strategy. Note: I would downvote myself to save the PP(tm) the trouble but I can't.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pretty much every single pin has gone up in value over the last 2 years. Thanks for the bump, bump!

By 250%? Doubt that.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

By 250%? Doubt that.

I never claimed 250%. Location plays a huge part in price. So does quality. Neither of which is known about the game that you bought 2~ years ago for cheaper. This is a high quality game in a high priced area.

Thanks for the free bumps though. Have a great day.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember when I wouldn't even put a quarter in a Congo. GLWS!

And I still don't. Mine's on Free Play.

#45 4 years ago

I recently purchased one for well above what most have stated here, but below this asking price. Condition wise, mine is nearly flawless having been totally rehabbed thoroughly. I don't think I'd let it go for what OP is selling it for, it's too precious to me. I'm east cost in Pa where its heavily populated with pinballs in our region, verses west coast pricing that is relatively higher like everything else out there! For what I paid, this really isn't such a bad price. Don't believe me, go look at some 3K Congos (I've recently been searching hard for one). You might get lucky, but most are players condition at best. GLWS OP!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think you're looking for Demo Man.

Or T2 "F*&$ you asshole."

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I recently purchased one for well above what most have stated here, but below this asking price. Condition wise, mine is nearly flawless having been totally rehabbed thoroughly. I don't think I'd let it go for what OP is selling it for, it's too precious to me. I'm east cost in Pa where its heavily populated with pinballs in our region, verses west coast pricing that is relatively higher like everything else out there! For what I paid, this really isn't such a bad price. Don't believe me, go look at some 3K Congos (I've recently been searching hard for one). You might get lucky, but most are players condition at best. GLWS OP!

Thank you for your opinion. Congo is a great game. If I had more space I would be keeping it. Im sure I will regret selling this, someday. But, such is life.

#48 4 years ago

Evening Price Police Bump

#49 4 years ago

This is for (2) Congo's right?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

This is for (2) Congo's right?

It's on your wishlist. Make me an offer. Hint: 2500 is beyond lowballing.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside