Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Congo for sale

Added: 2015-10-08 00:37:19 UTC • Ended: October 12th, 2015

Price

$ 4,750

Congo- I put down home use only but here's the real details. The game was in one vfw its whole life. I purchased it from a vendor a year ago. The original populated play field in the game was removed. Installed now is a new in box spare Congo populated play field. Congo was one of those games that Wms made plug n play kits like swe1. Some still float around for sale and this game now has one. Nos translight also installed. Cliffy protectors install on holes to keep it mint. Game has 11 plays on it since the swap. Your basically getting a brand new game in a used cabinet. Cabinet is color version of Congo not the black n white. Colors are good, I would say one side is a little fade other maybe none. Sure there is some bumps n scratches here or there on cabinet. Boards are good, DMD is good. Installed the aftermarket lower outlane decals on metal trim to the flippers, and new colored flipper rubbers.

Item photos

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are lllvjr's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to lllvjr's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Milton, MA, US

#2 8 years ago

Wait, I think I here sirens coming. I'm gettin' outta here!!!

#3 8 years ago

Dam nice and cool that its new . However the left side is faded bad its supposed to be green not blue lol but that's easily fixed. The last one with a new play field like this and new cab decals went for 6k . It also had chrome trim . Glws I think the price is about right going by the last one like this to sell.

#4 8 years ago

Good luck with the price police dude. Great game.

#5 8 years ago

forget the cab, look at that playfield. Very nice. I think your priced right or dang close.

#6 8 years ago

I'm as price police-y as they get, and I'd be interested in the 4s just based on the new playfield. I'd buy this and sell my Congo if I had the funds at the moment.

Quoted from helicopter:

Wait, I think I here sirens coming. I'm gettin' outta here!!!

#7 8 years ago

Reach out to kklank OP. He's looking for one.

#8 8 years ago

I just bought and picked one up this evening but thank you anyway! Glwts!

#9 8 years ago

The price is worth it, playfields on a Congo like this are crazy rare.

#10 8 years ago

My play field is nice but not new lol but I have replaced alot of things on it . Love to have this one

#11 8 years ago

Looks pretty good. I don't think the price is unreasonable. I bought a Congo for less a little while ago but have put a lot of money into it with repairs and new parts. Great game glws.

#13 8 years ago

Congrats on the sale and to the new owner! I've played it before and had no idea the playfield was supposed to look that nice.

#14 8 years ago

people can keep hating on congo but its one of the best tourney games out there. lots of ways to play it. its gonna go north of 5k soon. its way better than tom, ss, totan or other games that are over 5k.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

people can keep hating on congo but its one of the best tourney games out there. lots of ways to play it. its gonna go north of 5k soon. its way better than tom, ss, totan or other games that are over 5k.

Great game with a terrible theme. For that reason will always stay sub $5K.

Congrats on sale!!

#16 8 years ago

Its a good game for sure and yes looks like it will be up with the a title's soon it looks like. . Plus its super sought after now and there arnt alot to go around . Supply and demand and work unfortunately

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Congrats on sale!!

True however its much rarer which plays a big part

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Great game with a terrible theme.

It is a GREAT theme! Stop just repeating what other people say Billy

Fricking ape and lasers and diamond hunting! Movie is epic, theme is epic, game is epic!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Fricking ape and lasers and diamond hunting! Movie is epic, theme is epic, game is epic!

Changed your avatar and didn't realize that was you lol

#20 8 years ago

thats your opinion. i love the movie and theme, apparently many others do as well.
    you dont play the theme, you play the game. the layout blows away most wpc games.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Congrats on sale!!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I couldn't agree more. While the movie wasn't the best it is the perfect theme for a pinball game. It even has a volcano. Just tons of cool stuff for a pin.

#22 8 years ago

thats your opinion. i love the movie and theme, apparently many others do as well.
    you dont play the theme, you play the game. the layout blows away most wpc games.

Theme is always a big factor when it comes to desirability and value. It's indisputable. I don't think any pin manufactured in volume and based on a shit movie will ever become a $5k+ pin.

#23 8 years ago

movie is epic? I'd rather watch shadow. Shadow is a better theme. I like the congo game, it's a nice midrange game, but the theme does suck.

#24 8 years ago

People keep asking, no I don't have the old play field it's been sold already...

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. You may pushing it a bit but I agree. I have no idea what is going on in the movie but the theme looks awesome to me. Something about battling guerillas while diamonds hunting with an erupting volcano spewing out balls. That's awesome. Who cares about the stupid movie it is based on?

#26 8 years ago

Try the Book...that was a good read, by Michael Chrichton.
    ...and he had established himself as a prolific and best selling author.

Sure, the movie has issues, and absolutely, i felt the same as most others.
    But now, owning one, and playing it...Damn fun.

Its quite a contrast to TWD that it is next too.
    But Everyone enjoys playing it.

Some neighbors kids playing, have said, they like it better then WOZ, because they can
    understand the game and "more things happen"

No its not a flow beast, but the shots are all very satisfying.

Its Unique.

#27 8 years ago

the reason those games are worth so much is because they are very approachable, enjoyed by the casual folks, and have themes that people like.

Congo is a game with some interesting shots, a bit of a wild card in tournaments because people don't play it a lot elsewhere, and has a bit of a resurgence following pumping it's price. But at the end of the day, it's none of the things that make those other games surge in price/value on the general market.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-for-sale-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.