Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: May 22nd, 2021
Ended: May 26th, 2021
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)
$ 7,000 (OBO)
Open for offers
Looking to sell my prototype Congo to fund something on my grail list. I was told that I am the 3rd owner of this machine and that it was never routed but I can't confirm that.
Playfield and all plastics are immaculate. Was recently shopped:
- All upper playfield parts removed, cleaned and waxed. All metal tumbled and polished.
- All new rubbers and balls.
- 3 coats of Maguire's premium carnauba wax to playfield and ramps.
- Under playfield mechanics disassembled and cleaned.
- All new coil sleeves
- All flippers rebuilt with Pinball life kits.
- LEDs throughout (except flashers)
- All boards are free from damage or hacks. Plays great without credit dot.
-batteries remotely mounted
- Right side of cabinet has some fading.
- Head has a couple of small scuffs from the last owner moving it (they don't actually touch the art work)
- Coin door has some scratches from people playing it.
- There is a dirty spot on the floor inside the cabinet.
- There is a small scratch (about 1cm) in the translite
This game has all of the features of the prototype model listed on IPDB:
1. The apron is a lighter green
2. The inserts leading to the left ramp are 3-2-1 instead of M-A-P.
3. The yellow arrow insert for the upper right saucer does not say 'Video'.
4. The yellow insert pointing up the volcano ramp only says 'Collect' instead of '3X Collect'
5. The scoops for the saucers are silver instead of black.
6. The insert closest to the lower saucer says 'See Map' instead of just 'Map' and is purple instead of green.
7. The 'Skill Fire' insert is green instead of purple.
8. Red circuit boards all underneath the playfield.
I have an extra base bracket for the gorilla in case the one in the game ever breaks as well as some other small game specific parts.
Has the preliminary manual that is different from the one that came with the production machine.
The size of my collection is limited by space. There are other games that I would rather own, hence my reason for selling this one. I'm happy to take video but not really willing to ship.
I would prefer to sell, but might be interested in trades +/- cash for the following:
- P3 Lexy Lightspeed
- Aerosmith Premium
- DE Jurassic Park (highly depending on condition and extra cash)
I'm open to offers and price flamming for bumps .
At the same price as a Stern LE, I feel like this is still a much better game. According to IPDB, there were only 15 of these made with the light green apron. I want to sell, but I also realize that I will likely never get a chance to own one of these again, so I don't mind a little more time with it.
Thanks for reading all of that!
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.
Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!