Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“You are living in the post apocalyptic comunist state formally known as north America. Money means nothing to you. As a reward for your years of hard labor, the supreme quantum computational government entity is rewarding you with one of 3 options. Choose”

• A Stern Led Zeppelin Premium from the before era. 10 votes
      43%
    • A Prototype Congo from the before era. 4 votes
      17%
    • A brand new lithium harvesting device to better serve the cause. 9 votes
      39%

(23 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210523-234155.png
    Untitled.jpg
    D872D0F8-DB77-44CA-9530-471572E9C81F.gif
    0693F540-7C18-4675-B5A5-D2AFBAA7EEB4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210520_112334281.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124755138.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112037012.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112356904.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112403763.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112124638.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112020790_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112345366.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112353828.jpg
    IMG_20210520_111844449.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124743749.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112208966.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: Congo

Added: May 22nd, 2021 Ended: May 26th, 2021
    Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 7,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Looking to sell my prototype Congo to fund something on my grail list. I was told that I am the 3rd owner of this machine and that it was never routed but I can't confirm that.

The good:
    Playfield and all plastics are immaculate. Was recently shopped:
    - All upper playfield parts removed, cleaned and waxed. All metal tumbled and polished.
    - All new rubbers and balls.
    - 3 coats of Maguire's premium carnauba wax to playfield and ramps.
    - Under playfield mechanics disassembled and cleaned.
    - All new coil sleeves
    - All flippers rebuilt with Pinball life kits.
    - LEDs throughout (except flashers)
    - All boards are free from damage or hacks. Plays great without credit dot.
    -batteries remotely mounted

The bad:
    - Right side of cabinet has some fading.
    - Head has a couple of small scuffs from the last owner moving it (they don't actually touch the art work)
    - Coin door has some scratches from people playing it.
    - There is a dirty spot on the floor inside the cabinet.
    - There is a small scratch (about 1cm) in the translite

This game has all of the features of the prototype model listed on IPDB:

1. The apron is a lighter green
    2. The inserts leading to the left ramp are 3-2-1 instead of M-A-P.
    3. The yellow arrow insert for the upper right saucer does not say 'Video'.
    4. The yellow insert pointing up the volcano ramp only says 'Collect' instead of '3X Collect'
    5. The scoops for the saucers are silver instead of black.
    6. The insert closest to the lower saucer says 'See Map' instead of just 'Map' and is purple instead of green.
    7. The 'Skill Fire' insert is green instead of purple.
    8. Red circuit boards all underneath the playfield.

Extras:
    I have an extra base bracket for the gorilla in case the one in the game ever breaks as well as some other small game specific parts.

Has the preliminary manual that is different from the one that came with the production machine.

The size of my collection is limited by space. There are other games that I would rather own, hence my reason for selling this one. I'm happy to take video but not really willing to ship.

I would prefer to sell, but might be interested in trades +/- cash for the following:
    - P3 Lexy Lightspeed
    - LOTR
    - Aerosmith Premium
    - DE Jurassic Park (highly depending on condition and extra cash)

I'm open to offers and price flamming for bumps .

At the same price as a Stern LE, I feel like this is still a much better game. According to IPDB, there were only 15 of these made with the light green apron. I want to sell, but I also realize that I will likely never get a chance to own one of these again, so I don't mind a little more time with it.

Thanks for reading all of that!

Item photos

IMG_20210520_111606975.jpg
    IMG_20210520_111613191.jpg
    IMG_20210520_111844449.jpg
    IMG_20210520_111915760.jpg
    IMG_20210520_111950950.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112020790_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112037012.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112124638.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112128411.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112208966.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112236296.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112334281.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112345366.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112353828.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112356904.jpg
    IMG_20210520_112403763.jpg
    IMG_20210520_114019222.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124743749.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124755138.jpg
    IMG_20210522_112945900.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Arlington Heights, IL, US

Seller insights

These are Kwaheltrut's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Kwaheltrut's stats page

#2 5 months ago

Ok, I'll go first.

Why exactly is this 2x the normal asking price?

#3 5 months ago

Love Congo, very underrated game in my opinion!! Why the reimport door? Looks gorgeous...glwts

#4 5 months ago

You might get a few hundred more due to it being a prototype, not multiple thousands.

#5 5 months ago

To the moon.....

#6 5 months ago

The time is right to try anything I suppose.

#7 5 months ago

It's the rarest game on my chopping block at only 15 made. If rarity increases value it gets me closest to my goal. If it doesn't and the market doesn't comand much more than a regular Congo, I'll probably keep it and sell something else that I would rather part with to make space.

#8 5 months ago

I'm thinking the reimport door is what was the most readily available when they were building the prototype. A couple of other Pinsiders have shared photos of their prototypes with import doors.

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

To the moon.....

I agree.... Unfortunately, this is the one machine I'm willing to use to play the game in order to keep playing the game. Every year, I keep thinking prices will go back to normal but they haven't. I won't ever get this game back in my collection. Looking through the Pinside sale history, I was not able to find any similar examples.

#10 5 months ago

Thank you. I just ruined a perfectly good shirt with my perfectly good cup of coffee.

#11 5 months ago

For that price, the cabinet should at least be mint, not faded on one side. And throw in a mint Earthshaker and you are getting closer. Not quite though. GLWTS!!

#12 5 months ago

This is such a tame flaming. I had more hope in Pinside than this. Either everyone is tired after the terminator thread or it's harder to price this thing than I thought. I will mail a $1 to anyone that can post a link to another prototype Congo that sold in the past 3 years (U.S. only). .

What if I add my SF2 for an even 20k?

Seriously though, it is OBO.

#14 5 months ago

#15 5 months ago

Do people care and value a prototype- I wouldn’t personally

#16 5 months ago

The colored GI looks like ass and the price is too damned high. GLWTS!

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Do people care and value a prototype- I wouldn’t personally

Yes. Sometimes the differences can be interesting. There are some collectors who specifically collect whitewoods and/or prototypes.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Ok, I'll go first.
    Why exactly is this 2x the normal asking price?

In all fairness, he did open a price check thread first.

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Do people care and value a prototype?

Some protos have additional features (third magnet on TZ and up/down post on ToM for example).
    Inserts named and/or colored differently are interesting, but do not greatly increase the value.

#20 5 months ago
    0693F540-7C18-4675-B5A5-D2AFBAA7EEB4 (resized).jpeg
    #21 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

I had more hope in Pinside than this.

Why would you? Seriously have seen this place?!

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

In all fairness, he did open a price check thread first.

And he still jacked the price through the roof...

#23 5 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

And he still jacked the price through the roof...

True, it wasn't 9200 earlier.

#24 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

he did open a price check thread first.

D872D0F8-DB77-44CA-9530-471572E9C81F.gif

#25 5 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

That's what I'm talking about. Now I just ruined a perfectly good shirt with my cup of coffee.

#26 5 months ago

In all fairness, the playfield looks pretty good, the window is clear, and the GI backbox insert isn’t the horrible plastic tub that most of ours came with. The unicorn lighting can be reversed, so that’s not really an issue. This time, a sincere GLWTS.

#27 5 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This time, a sincere GLWTS.

Except for the price anyways...

#28 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

And most people said not worth more than a regular Congo. I give OP credit on pointing out the cabinet fade becuase at first he and another owner thought green on one side and blue on the other was part of the prototype.

#29 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok. I agree. Maybe a Stern LE is a little out of my league. How about a JJP SE?

Since this is basically an opinion thread at this point, I think Guns and Roses is a beautiful game but it doesn't do it for me game play wise. If I could only have a Congo or a Guns and Roses, I would have Congo. Just my opinion.

#30 5 months ago

Also no security bar holes/hardware on front like regular production had. I like the swing out back box light board so much more than the crappy plastic tub. Congo is such a great playing pin.. I miss mine sometimes. Glws

#31 5 months ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Also no security bar holes/hardware on front like regular production had. I like the swing out back box light board so much more than the crappy plastic tub. Congo is such a great playing pin.. I miss mine sometimes. Glws

Good point. I forgot to add that.

#32 5 months ago

after seeing a $17k WOZRBR sell I guess anything is possible

#33 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

. I will mail a $1 to anyone that can post a link to another prototype Congo that sold in the past 3 years

Keep up with prices. It''ll cost you at least $100 to anyone that can post a link to another prototype Congo.

The market is crazy right now. It must be a typo.

#34 5 months ago

I’ve never saw someone get the batteries off the board by placing them on the back, Thisbe a brilliant idea..... bump for an underrated machine

#36 5 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I’ve never saw someone get the batteries off the board by placing them on the back, Thisbe a brilliant idea..... bump for an underrated machine

Those are just large glue sticks cut to the size of batteries with screws in the ends. Not as neat as NVRAM. But super easy and effective for someone that already has a stock of remote battery holders. And I don't have to open the back box to get to them.

#37 5 months ago

The one upvote from greedy Mr. Burns is classic. I mean excellent....

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

This is such a tame flaming. I had more hope in Pinside than this. Either everyone is tired after the terminator thread or it's harder to price this thing than I thought. I will mail a $1 to anyone that can post a link to another prototype Congo that sold in the past 3 years (U.S. only). .
    What if I add my SF2 for an even 20k?
    Seriously though, it is OBO.

I've never seen a prototype Congo until now but it's not worth" that much " more than a standard version imo. Especially with the fade on one side. This is coming from someone who would have a great interest in picking this up if I didn't already have this game. I still say your crazy for selling!

#39 5 months ago
    Quoted from woody76:

after seeing a $17k WOZRBR sell I guess anything is possible

At this point nothing surprises me anymore.... I can't believe what people are paying for some pins.... not real happy where this hobby has headed over the past year or so and it really has pushed me away especially from selling anything and getting anything new . I'm very glad I have owned what I have over the years and happy with my current collection which hasn't changed in years.

#40 5 months ago

It's been 24 hrs.This thing needs a poll!

#41 5 months ago

Price is moving in the right direction, and at a nice clip.

#42 5 months ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

At this point nothing surprises me anymore.... I can't believe what people are paying for some pins.... not real happy where this hobby has headed over the past year or so and it really has pushed me away especially from selling anything and getting anything new . I'm very glad I have owned what I have over the years and happy with my current collection which hasn't changed in years.

I feel exactly like you do

#43 5 months ago

You should include a freshly baked sesame seed cake. That would get things going.....

Untitled.jpg
    #44 5 months ago

I'm legit a little surprised that Led Zeppelin is winning this one. However, given the fact that John Trudeau's scumbag hands may have conceivably touched this actual machine, it's probably a worth less than LZ (didn't think about that when I was making the con list).

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!

#45 5 months ago

Never understood undocumented HUO. Next machine I see, I am going to list it “undocumented owned at one time by Obama”. Evidently documentation is over rated.....

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

However, given the fact that John Trudeau's scumbag hands may have conceivably touched this actual machine, it's probably a worth less than LZ (didn't think about that when I was making the con list).

... I hadn't considered that

#47 5 months ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Never understood undocumented HUO. Next machine I see, I am going to list it “undocumented owned at one time by Obama”. Evidently documentation is over rated.....

Would this fact make the pin worth more? How much?

#48 5 months ago

I can document that all of my pins were home use at one point in their existence.

#49 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:I can document that all of my pins were home use at one point in their existence.

That is impressive. Looking at your collection, there are a lot of old games in there.

#50 5 months ago

Not sure what this actually sold for but it claims to be HUO.

Screenshot_20210523-234155.png
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside