New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 255907)

For sale: Congo

By pingeo

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

122DE4F4-D416-4852-A2E9-AD0EADFA1532 (resized).jpeg
724FD9E2-877B-4882-A3B2-AA48F8F8B160 (resized).jpeg
C366EC2D-5A88-4FB6-975F-2101BC2A6F42 (resized).jpeg
B642E91F-58F5-4348-833D-BC95C94AEBFC (resized).jpeg
B1A15022-829C-43EC-9940-5EBA0B4D9210 (resized).jpeg
AD1B8E07-A6E5-4B48-BC6B-584E0B72B7CE (resized).jpeg
890756DD-1B47-45C4-870A-40FE6BD25B89 (resized).jpeg
2BE8C74D-3A90-4CF6-AFCE-0B7B89F8EBF7 (resized).jpeg
6EEB35A6-F0D9-41C1-BC61-0792B17C0A39 (resized).jpeg
661FCDB5-5B29-4D80-A05B-454FCEB71E69 (resized).jpeg
00CEE8E9-579A-41AB-AF34-DDE46F9B2568 (resized).jpeg
C2481460-01F9-499F-B3E0-5E5D37D8BEB4 (resized).jpeg
C5596D09-2C8A-4DD9-BF00-9B3EC6E33596 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 11 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,500

for sale

For sale: Congo

Added: November 20th, 2019 Ended: November 28th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

Selling my really nice Congo. Game is fully Led along with orange Led’s in the volcano to give it that lava look. Also includes green Led strip along the back to give it that jungle feel. Also has side art and decals on lane guides.. Game plays very fast and everything works perfectly. Has been in my collection for the last 10 years. Would consider a trade plus cash for an Oktoberfest. $4500 without color display. $4900 with color display installed.

Item photos

122DE4F4-D416-4852-A2E9-AD0EADFA1532 (resized).jpeg
00CEE8E9-579A-41AB-AF34-DDE46F9B2568 (resized).jpeg
2BE8C74D-3A90-4CF6-AFCE-0B7B89F8EBF7 (resized).jpeg
661FCDB5-5B29-4D80-A05B-454FCEB71E69 (resized).jpeg
6EEB35A6-F0D9-41C1-BC61-0792B17C0A39 (resized).jpeg
890756DD-1B47-45C4-870A-40FE6BD25B89 (resized).jpeg
AD1B8E07-A6E5-4B48-BC6B-584E0B72B7CE (resized).jpeg
C2481460-01F9-499F-B3E0-5E5D37D8BEB4 (resized).jpeg
C5596D09-2C8A-4DD9-BF00-9B3EC6E33596 (resized).jpeg
B1A15022-829C-43EC-9940-5EBA0B4D9210 (resized).jpeg
B642E91F-58F5-4348-833D-BC95C94AEBFC (resized).jpeg
C366EC2D-5A88-4FB6-975F-2101BC2A6F42 (resized).jpeg
724FD9E2-877B-4882-A3B2-AA48F8F8B160 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Monroe Township, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are pingeo's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pingeo's stats page

#2 11 months ago

Some games just feel so good to shoot, and this is one of them!

#3 11 months ago

Great game. I have one and will never sell. This game also has the decals on the lane guides which look great

#4 11 months ago

Too bad about the fade and shooter lane wear.
If I was going to consider this one, I'd want to see some pics of the underside of the playfield, inside the back box and cabniet. Is there anything rebuilt ?

#5 11 months ago

I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse shooter lanes. I actually don’t think it looks that bad. In regards to the cabinet you know some of these are made with black and white cabinets. This one Has a lot of color in it. No nicks on either side either.

#6 11 months ago

There.j I just cleaned up the shooter lane for you. Looks much nicer now.

#7 11 months ago

Shooter lane looks great for a game this age.

#8 11 months ago

I just sold mine and already miss it. It had the B&W cab and it sold for more than his asking instantly.I think this is fairly priced.

#9 11 months ago

An unfaded green cabinet is definitely more desirable than a black and white cabinet, but a black and white cabinet is more desirable than a faded green one. I think that's how it goes.

The shooter lane on this one looks fine. Overall, a darn nice-looking example.

#10 11 months ago

This game looks great. Glws

#11 11 months ago

Yeah that shooter lane looks great compared to mine. GLWS

#12 11 months ago

Thanks guys.

#13 11 months ago

Great seller and easy to deal with ... I've seen and played this game in person and looks/plays great. Honestly, if I did not pick up a game recently I would have bought this.

#14 11 months ago

I would eat off that shooter lane.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would eat off that shooter lane.

Maybe I'm just being too picky. To me it shows how much use a game has gotten. Yes I realize the age of this game. Just comparing it to mine with the asking price. Hope the OP can get what he's asking for !

#16 11 months ago

Couldn’t care less what a shooter lane looks like. I care how the rest of it plays and presents. A game with 500 plays can look worse than one with 100k plays. So much more goes into a games condition than what the tiny groove that the ball sits in looks like.

#17 11 months ago

Wasnt the shooter lane inquiry originally a joke and it has evolved into some absolutely ridiculous request that really holds zero bearing?

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wasnt the shooter lane inquiry originally a joke and it has evolved into some absolutely ridiculous request that really holds zero bearing?

Sounds about right. Some swear by it though. Legitimately.

#19 11 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Too bad about the fade and shooter lane wear.
If I was going to consider this one, I'd want to see some pics of the underside of the playfield, inside the back box and cabniet. Is there anything rebuilt ?

That shooter lane doesn't look bad at all lol gtfo

#20 11 months ago

Didn’t use to, but as my pinball collection has amassed, my preference for flawless shooter lanes has become a factor.

#21 11 months ago

The top of the volcano is broken. That part in unobtanium and should be disclosed to potential buyers.

#22 11 months ago

too bad all the GI's are green. That's going to be a 3 hour project for someone to fix.

#23 11 months ago

That’s a green LED strip in the back of the playfield. Can easily be removed. Thought the green would give it a nice jungle look.

#24 11 months ago
Quoted from Devo10:

The top of the volcano is broken. That part in unobtanium and should be disclosed to potential buyers.

Doesn’t effect gameplay. You make it sound as if it doesn’t work at all when in reality it’s chipped and easily repaired.
That said Congo’s are difficult to obtain here’s someone’s chance to own one.

#25 11 months ago

nice pin. dont see many of these up for sale.
glwts

#26 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

too bad all the GI's are green. That's going to be a 3 hour project for someone to fix.

If you're a sloth or a noob that changes bulbs from the topside. I swear...pinball people.

#27 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Some brand new stern’s quickly ding up the shooter lane. Clear cracks, etc.

Congo is a fun game. FYI You can fix the volcano yourself. Mine was blown out. Not a huge deal.

#28 11 months ago

Why is it only the good games have fade. Couldn't someone have just put a Xeon by the window

Looks nice GLWS

#29 11 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

If you're a sloth or a noob that changes bulbs from the topside. I swear...pinball people.

still takes hours. You don't realize it but it does. And not all Gi's can be accessed from the bottom. Some are mounted on the top.

#30 11 months ago
Quoted from pingeo:

That’s a green LED strip in the back of the playfield. Can easily be removed. Thought the green would give it a nice jungle look.

it's not just the green strip. All your GI's are green as well. GI's are general illumination, which means it's what is suppose to supply the light to the playfield, so you can actually play the game by seeing the ball. If they are any color except white. All people have problems playing the game. Some are actually 100% unplayable because there is some monochromatic color put there. Green is super hard to see anything in, as well as blue, red and purple and orange. You might be able to get away with yellow if it's super bright, but then you might as well go with daylight/sunlight white.

#31 11 months ago

Love Congo. I had mine up for sale for a bit because I wanted a new pin but changed my mind. GLWTS. Great game.

#32 11 months ago

Funny about all the grief with my statement about the shooter lane wear, nothing about no mention of anything being rebuilt or no pics of boards and inside the cabinet. So really who's fixated on the shooter lane? Just saying.

#33 11 months ago

With all this concern over shooter lanes, I'm going to make sure to sand all mine, and spray a little clear on it before I post any more for sale ads on pinside. Makes them look brand new.

10 minutes work for an extra $1000 or so sounds like time well spent.

#34 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not just the green strip. All your GI's are green as well. GI's are general illumination, which means it's what is suppose to supply the light to the playfield, so you can actually play the game by seeing the ball. If they are any color except white. All people have problems playing the game. Some are actually 100% unplayable because there is some monochromatic color put there. Green is super hard to see anything in, as well as blue, red and purple and orange. You might be able to get away with yellow if it's super bright, but then you might as well go with daylight/sunlight white.

Your LED policing is old. Move on.

#35 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I enjoy your LED teachings! Keep it up

#36 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Your LED policing is old. Move on.

i'll move on when people stop doing it.

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll move on when people stop doing it.

Then you are stuck my friend. No end in sight.

#38 11 months ago

i disagree. I have already noticed a dramatic drop in the stupidity on FB. Used to see it all the time. Now when people openly get bashed for it, it has been greatly reduced and people are starting to realize it makes the game unplayable.

#39 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i disagree. I have already noticed a dramatic drop in the stupidity on FB. Used to see it all the time. Now when people openly get bashed for it, it has been greatly reduced and people are starting to realize it makes the game unplayable.

Wait. You PLAY your GAMES?!?!?!

I only keep mine on display next to my Ferrari I don't drive, with my bottles of Pappy VanWinkle that I don't drink, next to my guns that I don't shoot, on top of my records I don't play, because I have to keep the resale values UP!

#40 11 months ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Wait. You PLAY your GAMES?!?!?!
I only keep mine on display next to my Ferrari I don't drive, with my bottles of Pappy VanWinkle that I don't drink, next to my guns that I don't shoot, on top of my records I don't play, because I have to keep the resale values UP!

I really believe this is what the FB crew does. Has to be, because there is no way that anyone can play a lot of the games shown there.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside