IMG_E0823[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0827[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0826[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0825[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0824[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0818[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0822[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0831[1] (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Old Coney Island in very good condition

Added: 2018-11-26 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 9th, 2019) • Ended: February 11th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,100 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Up for sale is an Old Coney Island Pinball machine. The game has been gone through with the entire top of the playfield being stripped down and all parts, including the playfield itself, being cleaned, polished and waxed. All boards from the game were sent to Clive at The Coin-Op Cauldron. Clive specializes in Game Plan boards. Also had repinned several of the pins in the connectors. Game is working as it should with no known issues.

Playfield has Mylar so shows no wear and looks good with some cupping of the inserts. Backglass looks really good!

Not looking for trades!

Item photos

IMG_0818[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0822[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0824[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1109[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1111[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1112[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1113[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0823[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0825[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0826[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0827[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0828[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_E0831[1] (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are meSz's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to meSz's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Santa Barbara, CA, US

#2 5 years ago

I just wanted to compliment you on a good job and a nice looking game. GLWS!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I just wanted to compliment you on a good job and a nice looking game. GLWS!

Thanks for the kind post!

#4 5 years ago

Ba-bump

#5 5 years ago

Good seller. It's worth buying just to see his gameroom (as long as you are not a Flyers fan).

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Good seller. It's worth buying just to see his gameroom (as long as you are not a Flyers fan).

Lol that's never been an issue as I won't sell to Flyers fans

#7 5 years ago

I’m a Flyers fan haha. I just bought a new TV otherwise I would jump at this. Bad timing. Good luck.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I’m a Flyers fan haha. I just bought a new TV otherwise I would jump at this. Bad timing. Good luck.

TV instead of Pinball .... you need to get your priorities straight!!!

#9 5 years ago

1500 bump

#10 5 years ago

Ok opening sell up to Flyers fans

#11 5 years ago

Bump small drop

#12 5 years ago

Why why WHY is the good stuff always in PA!

GLWS, can't fathom why it is still available.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Why why WHY is the good stuff always in PA!
GLWS, can't fathom why it is still available.

It's not a highly desired game I am assuming that's the reason. The machine is in very good condition with all the boards serviced so hoping someone out there wants it! Thanks for the bump!

#14 5 years ago

I really wish I could... Just bad timing right now.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Just bad timing right now.

How about at 6PM would that be good time?

see what I did there (no not the cheap bump of the thread)

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How about at 6PM would that be good time?
see what I did there (no not the cheap bump of the thread)

#17 5 years ago

Appears Phillyfan is the only one watching this thread............I guess it's better then watching the Flyers (I know, cheap shot)!

I guess Hackstol going to be ousted after the road trip (that was the rumor when the trip started)?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appears Phillyfan is the only one watching this thread

Not true!
I just don't want to get your hopes up that I'm able to get this one so I choose to lurk.

But GLWS, have patience, someone will want this great looking classic!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I guess Hackstol going to be ousted after the road trip (that was the rumor when the trip started)?

Well that didn't take long!!!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Not true!
I just don't want to get your hopes up that I'm able to get this one so I choose to lurk.
But GLWS, have patience, someone will want this great looking classic!

Thanks AD

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appears Phillyfan is the only one watching this thread............I guess it's better then watching the Flyers (I know, cheap shot)!

It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. Now they need to hire Quenneville!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. Now they need to hire Quenneville!

As long as you have Clarke and Holmgren the coach isn't going to make a big enough difference!

You going to the outdoor game? If you've never been to one I recommend it! It's fun but it's a one, maybe two, and done type thing. I've been to three of them and would probably never go again. Went to Chicago for the Penguins/Hawks and the best thing about it was the fact it snowed so hard. Was a great atmosphere and the Chicago fans around us were great throughout the game!

NHL, in my opinion, made a bad decision to have Penguins/Flyers again! Not only that, they blew a great opportunity to have it at Penn State last year. Rumor is NHL didn't want to pay the price to play there.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

As long as you have Clarke and Holmgren the coach isn't going to make a big enough difference!
You going to the outdoor game? If you've never been to one I recommend it! It's fun but it's a one, maybe two, and done type thing. I've been to three of them and would probably never go again. Went to Chicago for the Penguins/Hawks and the best thing about it was the fact it snowed so hard. Was a great atmosphere and the Chicago fans around us were great throughout the game!
NHL, in my opinion, made a bad decision to have Penguins/Flyers again! Not only that, they blew a great opportunity to have it at Penn State last year. Rumor is NHL didn't want to pay the price to play there.

I went to the Flyers Rangers Winter Classic 7 years ago at Citizens Bank Park. We had a great time even though the Flyers of course lost the game. It was a great experience and I would love to do it again. As of now I'm not going to the Flyers Pens game at the Linc. But that could change! I agree the problems with the organization are at the top. It's only been 44 years since they won the cup but who's counting.

#23 5 years ago

Anyone interested in this game but my price is too high .... there is another one for sale!

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Rare Game Plan Coney Island! 1979 Solid State Machine. Game boots up fine plays great and all displays work. Has a free play option and is set to that. The cabinet looks good fo...”
2018-12-03
Charles Town, WV
850 (OBO)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 435 times

maybe one of us will get a buyer

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

Small price drop for the after Xmas buyers

1 week later
#25 5 years ago

So anyone else know that the name of this game is actually OLD Coney Island and not just Coney Island as Pinside has it in their database? The word OLD doesn't jump out at ya but it's on the backglass. Anyhoot, small price drop so someone buy this damn thing

#26 5 years ago

I knew that. They should fix the database. Todd had one in the shop about 5 years ago. A beauty.

#27 5 years ago

Added some additional pics

#28 5 years ago

1350 anyone (Bueller Bueller)

#29 5 years ago

Bump for a good dude!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Bump for a good dude!

Thanks Moto! Several people just no one to pull the trigger yet. Dropped price to 1300

#31 5 years ago

That is a nice looking machine! If you were closer I probably couldn't resist. I'm also working on another purchase, so that helps slow the temptation to drive to Pittsburgh. One question though, what's the circle near her hat on the playfield? Random extra mylar? Thanks.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

One question though, what's the circle near her hat on the playfield? Random extra mylar?

Yeah it is! At first I thought this was something that was added but I have seen 4 other Coney Island machine with the same circle but others not have it. Not sure if this was something that GP seen as an issue and added the mylar to later production runs or was something they advised dist. to add???

Just over 5 hour drive !!!!

#33 5 years ago

Backglass Artist: *draws first 4 people on the right side*
Game Plan Exec: Ok, but can you draw people with more normal-sized foreheads?
Backglass Artist: Nooo, but I have an idea...

fiveheads (resized).PNGfiveheads (resized).PNG
#34 5 years ago

Hmmm, I never noticed those other people before.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Backglass Artist: *draws first 4 people on the right side*
Game Plan Exec: Ok, but can you draw people with more normal-sized foreheads?
Backglass Artist: Nooo, but I have an idea...[quoted image]

too funny

#36 5 years ago

Last price drop I can go so hope this will get some interest!

#37 5 years ago

Ohhh, you're killing me. Driving east at all? Still working on another deal so can't commit quite yet.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Ohhh, you're killing me. Driving east at all? Still working on another deal so can't commit quite yet.

No unfortunately not. I am not against driving some to help out but I no longer have a vehicle to haul pins in, mine went boom! Thanks for the post!

#39 5 years ago

if I could get this to my father in Tampa for 1300, maybe. Nice looking game, tempting.

Btw, does this have the same ruleset as Sharpshooter?

#40 5 years ago

Bump for a great underated game.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

if I could get this to my father in Tampa for 1300, maybe. Nice looking game, tempting.
Btw, does this have the same ruleset as Sharpshooter?

200$ to ship to FL would be tough. Might be able to get it for 350 but if you want to look into it my zip is 15668 and the machine is at a residence so truck will need a lift-gate!

#42 5 years ago

Are you in a hurry to move it out? Or do you have room to keep it even after payment? I'll be closer in mid-march but will have the whole family with me, so no room for the pin. In-laws will be there and most likely have room, but then they would head to Virginia (wrong direction). Come to think of it there are no pins in there house, that's just crazy and should be corrected.

#43 5 years ago

You’re killing me! No room!!!!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Are you in a hurry to move it out? Or do you have room to keep it even after payment? I'll be closer in mid-march but will have the whole family with me, so no room for the pin. In-laws will be there and most likely have room, but then they would head to Virginia (wrong direction). Come to think of it there are no pins in there house, that's just crazy and should be corrected.

Obviously I would prefer to move it ASAP but I have held games before. Would just depend on the circumstances.

Quoted from phillyfan64:

You’re killing me! No room!!!!

No matter how many machines one has there’s always room for one more.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Obviously I would prefer to move it ASAP but I have held games before. Would just depend on the circumstances.

Thanks, would try to get it out of there as quick as possible, even if I'm stuck hitting a couple ski areas out that way.

That machine is a beauty!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks, would try to get it out of there as quick as possible, even if I'm stuck hitting a couple ski areas out that way.
That machine is a beauty!

I am an hour from Seven Springs Mountain Resort and ten minutes from Boyce Park Ski (however, Boyce is a small County ran ski slope).

#47 5 years ago

bump

#48 5 years ago

Deposit received and final sale pending Feb 8th pickup! Thanks everyone and if anything should change I'll update the post!

#49 5 years ago

Congrats! Great game in great shape. Believe me, if I had the room I would have bought it.

#50 5 years ago

Very happy for you!!

excellent (resized).jpgexcellent (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-coney-island-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.