121_4594 (resized).JPG
121_4593 (resized).JPG
121_4592 (resized).JPG
121_4590 (resized).JPG
121_4589 (resized).JPG
121_4588 (resized).JPG
121_4587 (resized).JPG
121_4583 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Comet

Added: 2018-11-28 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 19th, 2019) • Ended: January 19th, 2019
Condition: As is

Price

$ 450 (Firm)

Price is firm

This machine has been sitting in my "project stash" for a while now and I know I will not have time to mess with it anytime soon so I decided to list it for sale to see if there was any interest in it as it sits.

Playfield has heavy wear so I was going to install a hardtop on it (originally machine was going to be a playfield swap but now that hardtops are made that seems like a better path for this one).Center and right ramp look decent but orange left ramp should be replaced.

Backglass (translite) is faded, cabinet has some planking but is solid except for some swelling on back of head, and MPU is completely missing (if I remember correctly) and I discovered today the power supply board is also missing out of the head but I think the machine is otherwise complete.

Priced reduced to $450 FIRM! (I was not able to locate either board for this machine so it is being sold without power supply & MPU and priced accordingly).

NOTE: I had this marked "sale pending" for a couple weeks and I was suppose to deliver it to a guy in South Carolina this past week along with another machine he wanted. That deal fell apart at the last minute so it is back up for sale. I had gotten other emails about it while it was marked sale pending and I already replied to those people but none of them have gotten back to me yet so it is back up for sale.

Item photos

121_4578 (resized).JPG
121_4598 (resized).JPG
121_4599 (resized).JPG
121_4597 (resized).JPG
121_4595 (resized).JPG
121_4594 (resized).JPG
121_4593 (resized).JPG
121_4592 (resized).JPG
121_4590 (resized).JPG
121_4589 (resized).JPG
121_4588 (resized).JPG
121_4587 (resized).JPG
121_4583 (resized).JPG
121_4582 (resized).JPG
121_4581 (resized).JPG
121_4580 (resized).JPG
121_4584 (resized).JPG
121_4601 (resized).JPG
121_4602 (resized).JPG
121_4603 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

#2 5 years ago

Would like to sell a game or two quickly over the next few days to make some space. Lots of emails so far mostly asking for pictures - hopefully someone close will want to come grab this or my Laser War this coming weekend.

Some good news today - I FINALLY got an email back from my guy in Virginia and after over 2 years they are FINALLY ready to finalize things on "phase 2" of my warehouse deal. So sometime between now and Spring I should have a good many project arcade machines, pinball machines and jukeboxes coming in unless Lloyd makes me a good offer on the lot so I don't have to haul them all back home and try to make room for them. I'll likely still grab all the pinball machines but would love to wholesale the arcades & jukeboxes in Norfolk so I don't need to make as many trips emptying a 10 x 40 storage unit that is full to the ceiling.

More news on this coming as I finalize the deal!

#3 5 years ago

Pictures now added but I also discovered more missing boards in head so I reduced the "quick sale " price to $550. Monday or Tuesday I am going to look for missing boards - if I find them price will go up accordingly but for now $550 CASH will buy it!

#4 5 years ago

After a second look power supply is also missing so missing boards are MPU & power supply. Everything else seems to be complete as far as I can see. So I reduced the price by $100 basically because of missing power supply and looking for quick sale this weekend.

#5 5 years ago

I have had lots of email about this machine but still no solid deal on it. if you are local & can grab it this coming weekend make me a solid offer and you might own it. I really need space in the garage to get other machines we want to sell moved from our basement to the garage before we get snow. Once we get snow I can't get stuff moved because of the layout of our property so I need room quickly.

#6 5 years ago

This one will be broken down and moved back to storage shortly if no one locally is interested. I need the garage space for other machines we want to get sold so this will just be added to my Allentown Show load if it doesn't sell by mid week next week. Lots of offer that would involve shipping but very little local interest makes me think it is time to just move this to my Allentown load.

#7 5 years ago

I"m going to bump this one last time before I break it down and move it to storage tomorrow. If there isn't any serious local interest I just can't afford to waste the space having it sitting here in the garage. I know it will sell at the Allentown Show so it might just make more sense for me to add it to that load at this point but I didn't want to take listing down before giving it one last chance.

For anyone waiting for the price drop $450 CASH before next weekend and it can be yours but I can't sell it for any less than $450. I am also willing to trade it for "junk" Gottlieb EM machines - I always need Gottlieb parts so I never turn down junk Gottlieb machines.

#8 5 years ago

Added this and 3 other project machines to a new listing for a group of 4 project machines at a rock bottom price. See my new listing in the marketplace by pulling up "other items for sale by this member".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-comet-11?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.