Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tstone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG
IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 650

for sale

Collector Quality Star Shooter Cocktail

Added: August 26th, 2015 Ended: September 4th, 2015

Item description

I need to clear up some space, so I'm selling my Star Shooter cocktail machine.

This machine is in really nice condition.

The cabinet, plastics, rubbers, and playfield are are just fantastic. It looks like it just came out of the factory. It's hard to imagine a nicer example, especially given that it is from 1979.

The inside and boards are also super clean. I don't see any evidence of board hacks.

The game is working 100%. I just played about a dozen games. It is a surprisingly fun game, always a hit at my parties.

There are 4,719 plays on the coin counter.

I put about 6-8 white cointaker LEDs in this game, in the pop bumpers (to make sure they don't melt), and in a few inserts.

The only bad I see is that there are some scratches on the glass. Some of these are visible in some of the pics. They never bothered me, but since there isn't any art on the glass, it would be simple to get a new piece cut.

The spinner decal is showing it's age, but isn't too bad. Would be trivial for someone to make a new sticker or maybe clean this one.

Coin mechs, coin counter, tilt mechanism, locks, all segments of all 4 LED displays, solenoids, rollover targets, spinner, etc...all working. Coin box present.

I believe a lot of Allied Leisure parts from other games are interchangeable with this one.

I'm uploading a lot of pictures. These were mostly taken with the flash on, which greatly emphasizes flaws. The actual game looks better than these pics. Note that some of the pics were taken with the top off, showing the raw wood top. Others were taken with the game on, and the lights caused them to not come out great.

I'm open to trading for a Shadow or possibly a Doctor Who (I'll of course add cash for trades like that).

I'm in Alexandria, VA, and welcome anyone to come look at it. This is on the first floor and I can help you load it.

I'd rather not ship, but have shipped before with good success.

Item photos

IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 550

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Alexandria, VA, US

Seller insights

These are tstone's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tstone's stats page

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Oh man, love it! Just no money at the moment. Grrr!

#3 4 years ago

One of the better themed cocktail tables IMO. It's usually the disco or cruise variation around here.

It seems like there should be a market for a modern day cocktail pinball. Drop the deck lower, angle it more, add a ramp or two, magnets

Anyway, GLWS.

#4 4 years ago

This thing looks really sharp in person. Better than the pics. Like brand new sharp...amazing given it is from 1979. It's also a surprisingly fun game to play.

The manual also says it has the ability to be raised by adjusting the legs to a different position.

At the request of a potential buyer, I just went through and tested everything again: every single switch, solenoid (a lot on this game!), the open/close gate, spinner, etc. Everything working 100%.

I've had some interest, but it's still for sale. Someone come get this thing.

#5 4 years ago

This machine is now gone.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside