CV Translite Rear.JPG
CV Lifted Insert.JPG
CV Backbox.JPG
CV Shooter Rod.JPG
CV Left Cabinet.JPG
CV Boards.JPG
CV PF2.JPG
CV PF1.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Cirqus Voltaire (Bally, 1997)

Added: 2015-12-19 23:55:24 UTC • Ended: January 30th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 6,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Selling CV for a local operator for whom I provide light tech support. The operator location is Chronic Town/Music Underground in State College, PA, 16801. I am handling the sale, so you call or PM me if interested.

I used to own this machine for two years, then sold it to the operator, who routed it for a few months at the store location and then had it in storage for two years. I've recently removed it from storage and it's 100% working, but because it's been in storage for a while you'd want to playtest and look it over carefully before buying, and you are encouraged to do so. I'd be glad to describe every particular that I know about the machine by phone or in person, including the issues that came up in the past with the machine (some trough switch issues and sound issues). I'm an honest rep for an honest seller who has too many pins and is downsizing. Cash only and pickup only. Will not ship. Price is firm.

Full set of new plastics, new plastic protectors, new neon ramp, new eddy sensor board, new backbox light insert, full non-ghosting cointaker LEDs, white rubbers, Home ROM 2.0, a few spare plastic protectors and manual included. Playfield very clean above and below.

See pictures for detail as described below. Cabinet is in average to good condition--some minor damage, especially in the cabinet corners and to the backbox. Playfield is in good to great condition, but the "Acrobats Ready" insert is lifted slightly and there is some ghosting and some touchup around a few inserts. Translite has some scratches as seen from the rear. The power driver board has obvious damage to the bottom left corner and was repaired by the owner before me--see the close-up picture showing replaced (black) connectors, the dark area of the board, and green jumpers. The A/V board had some work done on it by a tech when I owned the machine.

Call or PM me if interested. Please come and playtest and inspect the CV all you like. While you visit, you can also play the other routed and well-maintained pins at the store: WOZ, LOTR, POTC, SS, TWD, and BSD.

Item photos

CV Ringmaster.JPG
CV PF1.JPG
CV PF2.JPG
CV Boards.JPG
CV Left Cabinet.JPG
CV Shooter Rod.JPG
CV Backbox.JPG
CV Lifted Insert.JPG
CV Translite Rear.JPG
CV Playfield.JPG
CV Magnet.JPG
CV Backbox Lights.JPG
CV Ramp.JPG
CV Holes.JPG
CV Board Damage.jpg
IMG_0009_(resized).JPG
IMG_0018_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JOESCHALL's market stats.

silver Seller Level

JOESCHALL has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JOESCHALL's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

State College, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 8 years ago

Damn. I want. I wish I had the money now.

#3 8 years ago

Wait, are you the same Joe Schall that assisted Earth & Mineral Sciences students with writing at Penn State?? If so, holy cow!! I remember playing pinball with you as a meteorology student back in the late '90s. Looks like we both caught the bug! Congrats on your collection. I wasn't aware there was anywhere left to play on my jaunts to State College with Playland and the other arcade (can't remember the name) long long gone.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the interest anyway. I really enjoyed this title when I owned it. Totally unique pin and the Home ROM really spices up the ruleset.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Wait, are you the same Joe Schall that assisted Earth & Mineral Sciences students with writing at Penn State?? If so, holy cow!! I remember playing pinball with you as a meteorology student back in the late '90s. Looks like we both caught the bug! Congrats on your collection. I wasn't aware there was anywhere left to play on my jaunts to State College with Playland and the other arcade (can't remember the name) long long gone.

LOL. Great to hear from you wxforecaster. I sure am the same guy. I now have a routed pin, a few at home, do light tech support work, and play every chance I get. If you're ever back in State College, you should check out Chronic Town/Music Underground for some fabulous high-end pin playing.

#6 8 years ago

Bump for a good seller and that's a awesome game.

#7 8 years ago

Sunday night bump and a few details added to the ad. To repeat from the ad--I will not ship. Sorry. I've had two phone call inquiries from other states, and I appreciate the interest, but this is pickup only and cash only.

#8 8 years ago

Wow, I spent a lot of time (and a small fortune) in Playland during my time at PSU during the late 80's. I also remember the HUB having a few games. Glad to hear there is still a place to play there...

#9 8 years ago

Bump - great seller. I've played this machine and it plays great! I almost bought this machine, but it wasn't at this (better) price when I looked at it

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

Seller update: a potential buyer is planning to come look at the CV on Saturday, January 2. I'll update this thread with any status changes.

#11 8 years ago

Seller update: The CV is still FS. The pinsider who looked at it with his family for 2 hours on Saturday--passing through town on the way back from a family holiday trip--enjoyed the machine, but decided to pass to buy a ToM. The machine continues to operate well and is 100% working, with no credit dot. Another pinsider may be coming on Wednesday of this week to look at it next.

#12 8 years ago

Bump for a good seller

Got to see it and play it on Saturday. Great game and price buy with confidence.

#13 8 years ago

Bump - I was that pinsider that looked at the CV. It's a great machine - fully functional, looks and plays great, and priced very attractively. To be perfectly frank, I was outvoted by my wife and kids, who loved the CV but like ToM even more. As for my experience with the seller, Joe is a really standup guy, very friendly and patient with all my questions despite my kids running around poking all the machines like a horde of monkeys. He took great pains to point out all the components of the CV, both above and below the playfield, and was extremely straightforward with any imperfections. Joe is a real credit to the pinball community - I would not hesitate for a second to buy a pin from him. GLWS!

#14 8 years ago

Seller update: A new pinsider with serious interest plans to come see and likely buy the machine on Thursday. I'll post any updates as status changes.

#15 8 years ago

Bump
How many hours are you allowing for this inspection? J/k, GLWTS
Seriously this is a beautiful example!

#16 8 years ago

LOL--thanks.

#17 8 years ago

Two seller updates:

The pinsider due to come look at the pin today had to postpone because of some work commitments. He hopes to make it up this weekend. I'm giving him right of first refusal, based on some good communications we've had, his helpful and positive presence on pinside, and the fact that we share a first name.

Secondly, I asked an excellent tech who has done board work for me in the past (but did not work on the CV board) about his opinion of the worked-on area in the lower left corner of the power driver board, as pictured above. He had this to say: "Where those green wires are now, there were big diodes from the factory. They were there to rectify the AC voltage to DC voltage, for GI use in WPC-95 games. Kind of a bad design; they heated up considerably over time and could eventually damage the WPC-95 driver board. In later games, Williams replaced the diodes with zero ohm jumpers. Someone has basically made that mod to this CV game, but used pieces of wire in place of jumpers. Effective, but should have been done to the back of the board, not on the front (IMHO)."

I thought this quote might be clarifying and helpful to others. And please note the writer's correct use of the semicolon. Refreshing, isn't it?

I will post status updates as needed until the CV is sold.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Two seller updates:
The pinsider due to come look at the pin today had to postpone because of some work commitments. He hopes to make it up this weekend. I'm giving him right of first refusal, based on some good communications we've had, his helpful and positive presence on pinside, and the fact that we share a first name.

Joe Newhart of PinballSTAR?

#19 8 years ago

A good guess, but no. Turns out Joe Newhart and I went to the same college (we only recently discovered), and he's one of the other great Pinball Joe's out there, along with Joe Said, and some others I'm sure I haven't met yet . . .

#20 8 years ago

Seller update: Potential buyer could not make it to pick up today, so he invited me to go to the next person in line so that the sale wouldn't have to wait. However, from the PMs I have received about this machine no one else has offered to pick up--all offers have been for shipping or trade, which we will not do. Therefore, the game remains FS at $6,000 firm, pickup only.

To help keep interest alive and verify the game as 100% working, I filmed myself playing the game today. Settings are 3-ball, but otherwise factory settings of the 2.0 home ROM. Spoiler alert: I join the Cirqus. Disclaimer: I can't guarantee that the buyer will be able to play as well as I did. Video link follows:

#21 8 years ago

I seriously cannot believe this is still there. I if I win PowerBall, I'm coming up in a Winnebago to take away your collection. Or maybe just buy a luxury house in State College

#22 8 years ago

Seller update: The pinsider mentioned above who has shown consistent interest but hasn't had time to make the trip is planning to come on Thursday to pick up the machine if he can shake loose from work for half a day. I'll update this thread by Friday to confirm either that the machine is sold or is still available if the buyer doesn't make it.

#23 8 years ago

Seller update: Deposit received from buyer, so game is now sale pending, with a pickup scheduled before the end of the month. I will update and close this thread once the pin is picked up. Thanks to all those who PMed me with offers.

2 weeks later
#24 8 years ago

CV was picked up and paid for last night. Thanks to all interested and especially to the pinsider who bought it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-2005 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.