121_4610 (resized).JPG
121_4609 (resized).JPG
121_4612 (resized).JPG
121_4614 (resized).JPG
121_4615 (resized).JPG
121_4616 (resized).JPG
121_4617 (resized).JPG
121_4618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's because you kept posting, over and over, talking about this huge cache of games you had, then didn't have them, then had again, and maybe you wanted to auction them, then maybe not, etc. The constant flip-flopping got old, fast.
You are overly verbose and seem to enjoy pontificating about your "amazing" collection, which is also a huge turn-off.

You are holding a grudge for 2+ years over what someone posted? And it wasn't even a personal attack? Not healthy to hold onto things like this. If you can't forgive and forget, you should just click ignore. I can't imagine that it is still so upsetting that you are posting this in his for sale ad. Life is just to short to let anyone get to you like that.

#63 5 years ago

Wow! I had to go back and find that thread. I have never seen vultures attacking like that! Maybe I missed something, but I can't believe how people were going nuts over machines that they did not even own.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

All I was trying to do with my original post about the warehouse deal was to let people know I would have a bunch of machines for sale shortly. Somehow it became a HUGE MESS just because people couldn't understand that I could not post information and pictures of machines that I didn't have and that were 450 miles away. Those same people have been giving me a hard time every time I try to do or say anything here on Pinside for two years now.
If you look at those old post and look at the people giving me a hard time about my asking price on this machine over 1/2 of the people are those same people. None of them are close enough to do business with me so I don't get why they need to be so negative in the first place. But considering all the typical DRAMA here on Pinside it doesn't surprise me.
In any event I have had a fair amount of interest in machines I currently have listed and once some of them are gone I'll have space to start on "Phase 2" of the warehouse deal. I can't say exactly when that might happen but I am hoping for Spring. I really don't feel like emptying a 10x40 storage unit over the Winter.
My past customers and guys in the local pinball community know who I am and why I do what I do. So since I don't ship machines they are the only ones I really care about anyway. And if anyone wants to know how I treat my customers just take two minutes and look at my feedbacks - that should answer any questions you have about me!

Yeah, I was imagining myself in your shoes. I just couldn't believe how people were coming at you. And everyone seemed entitled to get a deal or tell you how you should be selling them. Sorry to even bring it back up. It was like black friday of pinball. It is also why I do not leave my house on black friday. Brings out the worst in people.

#67 5 years ago

Haha! Sorry about that. If you travel 3 months a year you put Alaska on that list! I guess a bump is bump? I will stop messing with your thread now. I'm sure this will sell.

#69 5 years ago

Yeah, you will need. Month at least. Plan on a week's travel each way unless you are pounding. I have a thread on here where I shared a bunch of photos. Those are just ordinary scenery here. Like living in a postcard. It is truly amazing and I highly recommend finding the time to make it. It would be a trip of a lifetime. When you do, let me know and I will tell you all the best places that the locals all know.

#71 5 years ago

It is tough on some. Right now is the darkest part and we get about 5 1/2 hours of sun up. The winter is extremely beautiful but not for everyone. I look at it like a rest from the long summers days. And a chance to restore machines for my collection!

#73 5 years ago

Yeah it affects everyone. Not uncommon to see people grilling out at 11pm for dinner. Or mothers pushing a stroller on a jog at midnight. We have blackout shades. In winter you feel like bedtime at 6 pm though!

#75 5 years ago

Haha! You are welcome to visit for sure. That alcan might destroy a machine! I think I caught air on a few of the frost heeves around Destruction Bay. June and July are the best times to visit. Too light to see northern lights though. We tell the wives we are going fishing and be back by dark. Dark being August!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My buddy was a bush pilot in Ketchikan.

Don't know if I could handle that kinda flying!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Except there's no women there, right?

Not true at all! AK women are more down to earth than what I have seen in the lower 48.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I thought the ratio of males/female was like 7 to 1? Has that changed?

Maybe in the bush, but seems pretty balanced in the populated areas.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I'm happily married.

Me too. Just to be clear.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well this thread took a turn... lol

That is mostly my fault. Sorry about that. At least they are bumps?

#89 5 years ago

Haha!!! Well right now I don't see much daylight, but it is beautiful this time of year. Most of my pics make me miss summer. Here is a thread with lots of pics that I update from time to time:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharing-alaska
These are the only girls I know about!

20180706_182353 (resized).jpg20180706_182353 (resized).jpg20180626_174817 (resized).jpg20180626_174817 (resized).jpg20180609_103403 (resized).jpg20180609_103403 (resized).jpg20180630_145641 (resized).jpg20180630_145641 (resized).jpg20180630_152702_001 (resized).jpg20180630_152702_001 (resized).jpg20180607_182122 (resized).jpg20180607_182122 (resized).jpg20180609_111354 (resized).jpg20180609_111354 (resized).jpg
#91 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow, I had missed that thread. Thanks for sharing, absolutely beautiful!

I thought it was cool how others added pics too.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks Tomass those were some beautiful pics!

Absolutely. I am from western PA originally and Love it here. Everyone should visit at least once. Like a postcard everywhere you go. Pics never do justice, not even close!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-champion-pub-28?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.