121_4610 (resized).JPG
121_4609 (resized).JPG
121_4612 (resized).JPG
121_4614 (resized).JPG
121_4615 (resized).JPG
121_4616 (resized).JPG
121_4617 (resized).JPG
121_4618 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Another happy customer just pulled out

That reminds me, I need to go get a massage...

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That reminds me, I need to go get a massage...

Know that feeling all to well!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Skippy great deals
sell fast. Obviously this is not one of them but you keep going on and on and on...and on...

I tend to do that when I am bored. This past week my back has been a mess so I have had way to much time for Pinside. Don't worry I am feeling much better now so I'll be here less and working with parts more. My eBay parts customers are getting tired of waiting for new parts to be listed so I really need to get back to that!

As far as the "great deals comment" - Rarely are my machines "great deals" I post machines at "fair" prices and wait for the right customer. As I have said dozens of times in the past I tend to overpay when buying so I can't sell cheap when selling. Plus I am never in a huge hurry to sell so I "offer machines for sale" and just wait for the right buyer to appreciate what they are buying and why my price is "fair" for the machine I am selling in the condition it is in.

#54 5 years ago

4750 for an unshopped champ pub with no backglass is high.

#55 5 years ago

Pinside - The only forum that makes me
wish I went to college.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Pinside - The only forum that makes me
wish I went to college.

It is the only place on the internet that makes me wonder why I did! Sadly I didn't learn much about grammar or spelling in college but the partying was great! But those are stories for another day!

#57 5 years ago

For what it is worth, I sold my CP for $4600 back in the summer; it was nicer than this one Skip has now but as I recall there were several on the market then so I was happy with what I got out of mine at that time. Funny thing is I had (4) NOS CP backglasses that I bought from a local distributor when they closed out of their WMS parts years ago but sadly they are long gone.

Skip, I was down at Lloyd’s today, you should have brought that Laser War down and we could have done a deal on it for parts & glasses but now I see you are thinking about getting out of the parts business!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

For what it is worth, I sold my CP for $4600 back in the summer; it was nicer than this one Skip has now but as I recall there were several on the market then so I was happy with what I got out of mine at that time. Funny thing is I had (4) NOS CP backglasses that I bought from a local distributor when they closed out of their WMS parts years ago but sadly they are long gone.
Skip, I was down at Lloyd’s today, you should have brought that Laser War down and we could have done a deal on it for parts & glasses but now I see you are thinking about getting out of the parts business!

Wish I knew you were headed to Lloyd's today I would have been more than happy to have worked a deal on that machine or anything else I have for sale. I still love doing the parts but I just don't have time & energy for everything these days so I figured I would see if there was any interest. Laser War wasn't up for sale again until late last night when my buyer notified me he couldn't come get it because his car had transmission issues.

As far as Champion Pub price - I turned down $5000 for it twice last Winter because I wasn't ready to sell it and I really don't care if it sells or not. If it doesn't sell I'll just put it back into the collection but I need to sell off a dozen (or so) machines and I had to list something.

If you are heading East again let me know what you have for me and we can work something out.

Later,
Skip

#59 5 years ago

too-many-pins , what’s your eBay user name?

#60 5 years ago

This is like trying to sell a car with no windshield and offering to knock off less than the price of a new windshield. Not a great strategy. Sell it complete or be prepared to eat the cost of a new backglass (not translite!) and then some.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This is like trying to sell a car with no windshield and offering to knock off less than the price of a new windshield. Not a great strategy. Sell it complete or be prepared to eat the cost of a new backglass (not translite!) and then some.

For the 100th time I listed this the same day I broke the backglass specifically for someone who voiced an interest in it. They didn't take the machine so I decided to just keep the listing up. I am "offering this machine for sale" - if someone wants it GREAT but if not it can just go back into the collection. Come on guys this isn't "rocket science" if I broke the backglass Thursday how soon do you think I can have a new backglass for this machine?

Anyway - if you want to keep posting and asking the same questions I'll be the "broken record" and keep giving you the same answers.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's because you kept posting, over and over, talking about this huge cache of games you had, then didn't have them, then had again, and maybe you wanted to auction them, then maybe not, etc. The constant flip-flopping got old, fast.
You are overly verbose and seem to enjoy pontificating about your "amazing" collection, which is also a huge turn-off.

You are holding a grudge for 2+ years over what someone posted? And it wasn't even a personal attack? Not healthy to hold onto things like this. If you can't forgive and forget, you should just click ignore. I can't imagine that it is still so upsetting that you are posting this in his for sale ad. Life is just to short to let anyone get to you like that.

#63 5 years ago

Wow! I had to go back and find that thread. I have never seen vultures attacking like that! Maybe I missed something, but I can't believe how people were going nuts over machines that they did not even own.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wow! I had to go back and find that thread. I have never seen vultures attacking like that! Maybe I missed something, but I can't believe how people were going nuts over machines that they did not even own.

All I was trying to do with my original post about the warehouse deal was to let people know I would have a bunch of machines for sale shortly. Somehow it became a HUGE MESS just because people couldn't understand that I could not post information and pictures of machines that I didn't have and that were 450 miles away. Those same people have been giving me a hard time every time I try to do or say anything here on Pinside for two years now.

If you look at those old post and look at the people giving me a hard time about my asking price on this machine over 1/2 of the people are those same people. None of them are close enough to do business with me so I don't get why they need to be so negative in the first place. But considering all the typical DRAMA here on Pinside it doesn't surprise me.

In any event I have had a fair amount of interest in machines I currently have listed and once some of them are gone I'll have space to start on "Phase 2" of the warehouse deal. I can't say exactly when that might happen but I am hoping for Spring. I really don't feel like emptying a 10x40 storage unit over the Winter.

My past customers and guys in the local pinball community know who I am and why I do what I do. So since I don't ship machines they are the only ones I really care about anyway. And if anyone wants to know how I treat my customers just take two minutes and look at my feedbacks - that should answer any questions you have about me!

#65 5 years ago

All I was trying to do with my original post about the warehouse deal was to let people know I would have a bunch of machines for sale shortly. Somehow it became a HUGE MESS just because people couldn't understand that I could not post information and pictures of machines that I didn't have and that were 450 miles away. Those same people have been giving me a hard time every time I try to do or say anything here on Pinside for two years now.
If you look at those old post and look at the people giving me a hard time about my asking price on this machine over 1/2 of the people are those same people. None of them are close enough to do business with me so I don't get why they need to be so negative in the first place. But considering all the typical DRAMA here on Pinside it doesn't surprise me.
In any event I have had a fair amount of interest in machines I currently have listed and once some of them are gone I'll have space to start on "Phase 2" of the warehouse deal. I can't say exactly when that might happen but I am hoping for Spring. I really don't feel like emptying a 10x40 storage unit over the Winter.
My past customers and guys in the local pinball community know who I am and why I do what I do. So since I don't ship machines they are the only ones I really care about anyway. And if anyone wants to know how I treat my customers just take two minutes and look at my feedbacks - that should answer any questions you have about me!

Yeah, I was imagining myself in your shoes. I just couldn't believe how people were coming at you. And everyone seemed entitled to get a deal or tell you how you should be selling them. Sorry to even bring it back up. It was like black friday of pinball. It is also why I do not leave my house on black friday. Brings out the worst in people.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, I was imagining myself in your shoes. I just couldn't believe how people were coming at you. And everyone seemed entitled to get a deal or tell you how you should be selling them. Sorry to even bring it back up. It was like black friday of pinball. It is also why I do not leave my house on black friday. Brings out the worst in people.

Nothing people say or do can (or will) discourage me. I'll keep doing things my way until I die - it has worked for me for over 50 years why would I change now? I was able to semi retire when I was in my early 50's and enjoy everyday of my life with the same woman I married over 40 years ago. I have two great kids and a couple great daughter-in-laws. I do what I want to do ever day - I don't get up in the morning and have to go to work and answer to a boss. I am in decent health overall and am able to travel about three months a year. So life is good and will only be better once both my wife & I start getting some of the money we put into Social Security in a few months!

People who know me know what I am about and the hell with the haters! This is just one of dozens of things I am involved in and regardless of the hobby or business there are always a few people who think they could do it better. 99% of the time those guys are the guys that don't have a clue or are to lazy to do the work so I have gotten very good as just ignoring them.

Somehow this post has gotten really derailed from bashing me about my "overpriced" Champion Pub but again what else is new on Pinside!

#67 5 years ago

Haha! Sorry about that. If you travel 3 months a year you put Alaska on that list! I guess a bump is bump? I will stop messing with your thread now. I'm sure this will sell.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Haha! Sorry about that. If you travel 3 months a year you put Alaska on that list! I guess a bump is bump? I will stop messing with your thread now. I'm sure this will sell.

Alaska is one of the two states we have not made it to yet and it is on the top of my bucket list. What I wouldn't give to have the time and money to spend a month exploring Alaska. I am hoping to get there in the next couple years but that will only happen if I can get some of my excess stuff sold off. I can't be away too long because I am paying a ton of money out each month in storage rent and when I am traveling I keep thinking "you should be home getting out of storage" then after a few minutes I realize "who the hell cares - have some fun while you can".

Hawaii is the other state I have missed and I know I'll never get their since I don't fly. I am not afraid to fly I am afraid to try to fit into an airplane seat. I am 6'6" tall with long legs so the though of hours on a plane just scare the hell out of me. First Class might be OK but being a cheap SOB I will not give an airline that kind of money just to go from point "A" to point "B".

#69 5 years ago

Yeah, you will need. Month at least. Plan on a week's travel each way unless you are pounding. I have a thread on here where I shared a bunch of photos. Those are just ordinary scenery here. Like living in a postcard. It is truly amazing and I highly recommend finding the time to make it. It would be a trip of a lifetime. When you do, let me know and I will tell you all the best places that the locals all know.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, you will need. Month at least. Plan on a week's travel each way unless you are pounding. I have a thread on here where I shared a bunch of photos. Those are just ordinary scenery here. Like living in a postcard. It is truly amazing and I highly recommend finding the time to make it. It would be a trip of a lifetime. When you do, let me know and I will tell you all the best places that the locals all know.

I was following some of your post and loved seeing some of the stuff we are missing out on living down here. But I don't know if I could handle the cold winters up their or the hours of darkness in the winter. Seems like a great place to visit but it has to be tough living their at times? Maybe the openness & scenery more than makes up for the other stuff but only people from Alaska can answer that.

#71 5 years ago

It is tough on some. Right now is the darkest part and we get about 5 1/2 hours of sun up. The winter is extremely beautiful but not for everyone. I look at it like a rest from the long summers days. And a chance to restore machines for my collection!

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It is tough on some. Right now is the darkest part and we get about 5 1/2 hours of sun up. The winter is extremely beautiful but not for everyone. I look at it like a rest from the long summers days. And a chance to restore machines for my collection!

Summer would likely kill me - I would never go to bed!

#73 5 years ago

Yeah it affects everyone. Not uncommon to see people grilling out at 11pm for dinner. Or mothers pushing a stroller on a jog at midnight. We have blackout shades. In winter you feel like bedtime at 6 pm though!

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah it affects everyone. Not uncommon to see people grilling out at 11pm for dinner. Or mothers pushing a stroller on a jog at midnight. We have blackout shades. In winter you feel like bedtime at 6 pm though!

Just back from Sunday afternoon football. I can imagine me with 20 hours of daylight - I would never get any sleep. Especially if temp was warm enough to be working outside. Maybe I'll try to come visit you in a year or two & if you talk nice to me I might even be able to bring a machine or two along for you in my van. I tow my camper with a 3/4 ton Chevy Van so I have plenty of room for a couple machines when I travel.

#75 5 years ago

Haha! You are welcome to visit for sure. That alcan might destroy a machine! I think I caught air on a few of the frost heeves around Destruction Bay. June and July are the best times to visit. Too light to see northern lights though. We tell the wives we are going fishing and be back by dark. Dark being August!

#76 5 years ago

My buddy was a bush pilot in Ketchikan.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My buddy was a bush pilot in Ketchikan.

Don't know if I could handle that kinda flying!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

You are holding a grudge for 2+ years over what someone posted?

I don’t personally care, I was never a customer. He was wondering why people were on his case, I provided an answer.

#79 5 years ago

Alaska kicks ass! And so does Skip. This is definitely a good deal. Somebody buy this game before I do!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Alaska kicks ass!

Except there's no women there, right?

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Except there's no women there, right?

Not true at all! AK women are more down to earth than what I have seen in the lower 48.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Not true at all!

I thought the ratio of males/female was like 7 to 1? Has that changed?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I thought the ratio of males/female was like 7 to 1? Has that changed?

Maybe in the bush, but seems pretty balanced in the populated areas.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Maybe in the bush

Well, bush is what I'm interested in, so....

I kid, I kid!

I'm happily married.

#85 5 years ago

Well this thread took a turn... lol

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I'm happily married.

Me too. Just to be clear.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well this thread took a turn... lol

That is mostly my fault. Sorry about that. At least they are bumps?

#88 5 years ago

Don't worry I enjoy reading everything posted but I would enjoy some great pictures even more! Pictures of Alaska (not of the women in Alaska) to make things perfectly clear. Although if you have any really good pictures of women in Alaska you can send me those via email as long as my wife doesn't find them! (Just kidding!)

#89 5 years ago

Haha!!! Well right now I don't see much daylight, but it is beautiful this time of year. Most of my pics make me miss summer. Here is a thread with lots of pics that I update from time to time:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharing-alaska
These are the only girls I know about!

20180706_182353 (resized).jpg20180706_182353 (resized).jpg20180626_174817 (resized).jpg20180626_174817 (resized).jpg20180609_103403 (resized).jpg20180609_103403 (resized).jpg20180630_145641 (resized).jpg20180630_145641 (resized).jpg20180630_152702_001 (resized).jpg20180630_152702_001 (resized).jpg20180607_182122 (resized).jpg20180607_182122 (resized).jpg20180609_111354 (resized).jpg20180609_111354 (resized).jpg
#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Haha!!! Well right now I don't see much daylight, but it is beautiful this time of year. Most of my pics make me miss summer. Here is a thread with lots of pics that I update from time to time:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sharing-alaska
These are the only girls I know about!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I had missed that thread. Thanks for sharing, absolutely beautiful!

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow, I had missed that thread. Thanks for sharing, absolutely beautiful!

I thought it was cool how others added pics too.

#92 5 years ago

Thanks Tomass those were some beautiful pics!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks Tomass those were some beautiful pics!

Absolutely. I am from western PA originally and Love it here. Everyone should visit at least once. Like a postcard everywhere you go. Pics never do justice, not even close!

#94 5 years ago

Nothing people say or do can (or will) discourage me. I'll keep doing things my way until I die - it has worked for me for over 50 years why would I change now? I was able to semi retire when I was in my early 50's and enjoy everyday of my life with the same woman I married over 40 years ago. I have two great kids and a couple great daughter-in-laws. I do what I want to do ever day - I don't get up in the morning and have to go to work and answer to a boss. I am in decent health overall and am able to travel about three months a year. So life is good and will only be better once both my wife & I start getting some of the money we put into Social Security in a few months!
People who know me know what I am about and the hell with the haters! This is just one of dozens of things I am involved in and regardless of the hobby or business there are always a few people who think they could do it better. 99% of the time those guys are the guys that don't have a clue or are to lazy to do the work so I have gotten very good as just ignoring them.
Somehow this post has gotten really derailed from bashing me about my "overpriced" Champion Pub but again what else is new on Pinside!

I like you...

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-champion-pub-28/page/2?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.