IMG_7246_(resized).JPG
IMG_7270_(resized).JPG
IMG_7231_(resized).JPG
IMG_7250_(resized).JPG
IMG_7283_(resized).JPG
IMG_7248_(resized).JPG
IMG_7242_(resized).JPG
IMG_7225_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Centaur II (Bally, 1983)

Added: 2016-04-05 13:24:30 UTC • Ended: April 24th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 3,300

Item description

I'm getting the urge to pickup a newer Stern (Possibly Ghostbusters or TWD) and will be listing some of my games for sale in the coming days in hopes that a couple of them sell and I can raise some cash. First up is a beautiful Centaur II. I've spent countless hours and put about $1800 in parts into her to make it so beautiful. It plays just as nice as it looks. Here's a breakdown of some of the work done:
CPR Gold playfield swapped in
CPR Mirrored plastics set
chrome nuts on the plastics
all new star posts throughout
New Drop Targets and Stand up targets
New Flippers, Flipper mechs/EOS Switches
All new sleeves throughout
New Shooter rod
New Legs
New glass
New Say it Again Refurb board
I replaced all caps/pots in Squawk in Talk Sound board
Replaced large caps on Driver board and installed memory capacitor on CPU Board
Rebuilt most of the rectifier board
Seigecraft boards to enable LED's in inserts
LED's from Comet (2SMD mostly warm white). I left some of the GI incandescent to cut down on strobing effect during attract mode
Home ROM installed.-these improve gameplay/rules significantly over stock
I know there's more and I'll add if I think of it.

Pretty much everything you see has been buffed and polished. The only thing I really didn't get around to doing was to restore the inside of the cabinet because hey it's an inner cabinet and you never see it. Cabinet is original but has been touched up in spots. The game isn't perfect but it has got to be one of the nicest Centaur II's in existence. Asking $3300 or bo.

Here's a video of my game in action. And no, it usually isn't this forgiving.-I just had an exceptional ball!

Lots of additional pics here:
https://goo.gl/photos/7kUzoEV6uK1GdEkr6

Thanks!
Mike

Item photos

IMG_7225_(resized).JPG
IMG_7242_(resized).JPG
IMG_7248_(resized).JPG
IMG_7283_(resized).JPG
IMG_7250_(resized).JPG
IMG_7231_(resized).JPG
IMG_7270_(resized).JPG
IMG_7246_(resized).JPG
IMG_7288_(resized).JPG
IMG_7253_(resized).JPG
IMG_7259_(resized).JPG
IMG_7243_(resized).JPG
IMG_7261_(resized).JPG
IMG_7237_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are MikeS's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to MikeS's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Sauk City, WI, US

#2 7 years ago

BEAUTY of a game!!!

You will regret this, but understand the desire for a new Stern back in your collection.

#3 7 years ago

dibs on STTNG if you sell it also. I hate that game so much I need to own one so I can learn to love it!

#4 7 years ago

dibs is a real thing? In that case I call dibs on all games that Mike ever decides to sell. I've played this game recently, and it's an incredible machine. The description is spot on. Fantastic seller, top notch game. If you want a beautiful example of Centaur II, this is the one for you! GLWS!

#5 7 years ago

No!!!
I loved playing your Centaur!
That game is gorgeous.
But I totally get it.
Maybe you could just sell a whole lot of plasma for money instead?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

dibs is a real thing?

for some people it is

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Maybe you could just sell a whole lot of plasma for money instead?

they way he is going with kids he may do better selling something else

#8 7 years ago

Amazing. Would love to have a C II this nice some day.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

dibs is a real thing? In that case I call dibs on all games that Mike ever decides to sell. I've played this game recently, and it's an incredible machine. The description is spot on. Fantastic seller, top notch game. If you want a beautiful example of Centaur II, this is the one for you! GLWS!

In that case I got DIBS on Whirlwind and Dolly. Capital DIBS overrules small dibs.

And this C2 is in amazing condition!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

In that case I got DIBS on Whirlwind and Dolly. Capital DIBS overrules small dibs.

You night just get your wish on WW Mark

I'm also going to be listing WW and High Speed soon.

#11 7 years ago

Beautiful game, best of luck with the sale!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have fewer games than you so my dibs overrules yours until I surpass your collection size

#13 7 years ago

Very nice looking machine....GLWS

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have fewer games than you so my dibs overrules yours until I surpass your collection size

By that token, in the real world purchasing power is strategically important, so my dibs still has the upper hand.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Whysnow said:
By that token, in the real world purchasing power is strategically important, so my dibs still has the upper hand.

Sweet - by this logic my lower case dibs is totally boss and I beat both of you. Because I'm a nice guy, I'll let you have WW Mark, because I know you really want that one. And Dolly...you have have that too if it ever comes up.

Bump for a great game!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Sweet - by this logic my lower case dibs is totally boss and I beat both of you. Because I'm a nice guy, I'll let you have WW Mark, because I know you really want that one. And Dolly...you have have that too if it ever comes up.
Bump for a great game!

does that mean I still get dibs on STTNG since you already have one?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does that mean I still get dibs on STTNG since you already have one?

Ha! Not selling that one... It will have made it in my collection 10 years as of this coming November and I love it even more than when I first got it. Best game ever!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

In that case I got DIBS on Whirlwind and Dolly.

Hey Mark, I have dibs on Mike's Dolly! Oh never mind, that was my old Dolly and I have a Dolly prototype in my collection now.

As everyone has already stated, this game is phenomenal and Mike is a great seller. There should be no hesitation on the price or quality/condition - you probably will never find another Centaur II this nice in your lifetime.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

Hey Mark, I have dibs on Mike's Dolly! Oh never mind, that was my old Dolly and I have a Dolly prototype in my collection now.
As everyone has already stated, this game is phenomenal and Mike is a great seller. There should be no hesitation on the price or quality/condition - you probably will never find another Centaur II this nice in your lifetime.

Wait - so you sold a nice looking Dolly for another Dolly because its a prototype?

Why not!

BTW - Dolly is a mean $%^&% bych. I would guess the average ball time is 15 seconds.

I have a Centaur but i have to put a new CPR pf in it. I am thinking of getting this one and just selling the other one...saves me a pf swap....first world decisions to make.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have a Centaur but i have to put a new CPR pf in it. I am thinking of getting this one and just selling the other one...saves me a pf swap....first world decisions to make.

is it scary that i was contemplating the same thing?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is it scary that i was contemplating the same thing?

I have a spectacular original and then thought. Ahhh No.... My game plays lights out and is a white/perfect original game with clear coated field. But I did think....alot...

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wait - so you sold a nice looking Dolly for another Dolly because its a prototype?
Why not!
BTW - Dolly is a mean $%^&% bych. I would guess the average ball time is 15 seconds.

Mark, those Centaur playfield swaps are a lot of work trust me I'd make you a package deal (for you only) with Dolly just so that I can come and visit both of them on occasion. As long as I keep Flash Gordon ill ensure that ill have a pin that will continually kick my butt!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mark, those Centaur playfield swaps are a lot of work trust me

This is no joke. Those goddamn drop target assemblies suck. I hated rebuilding them on the one I had.

#24 7 years ago

Tell me about it. Just put a Viking back together and have a Fathom lined up next. I see a sale is pending - congrats to OP and glad it is before I was tempted too much.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Tell me about it. Just put a Viking back together and have a Fathom lined up next. I see a sale is pending - congrats to OP and glad it is before I was tempted too much.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Set your Viking up like mine and you will be slapping pinball freaks away at the front door. Viking is so aweseome when it is set up right.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-centaur-ii-bally-1983-1985 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.