IMG_4218 (resized).jpg
IMG_4192 (resized).jpg
IMG_4139 (resized).jpg
IMG_4200 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.14.06 PM (3) (resized).png
20200401_193800 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200407-174709_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.08.52 PM (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Catacomb

Added: 2020-04-07 07:35:54 UTC • Ended: April 15th, 2020
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

Price

$ 4,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

Catacomb
HUO - a survivor!

$4300 OBO

This game was recently pulled from the box (NEW). CPU board was swapped out with Altek by the previous owner. Plug was changed to 3 prong - grounded.

Game looks and plays like new!

Game can be shipped with NAVL - at buyer's expense.

Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7bAP3RgzzdAeWWRH8

thank you.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Darth-Grayder's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Darth-Grayder's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Los Angeles, CA, US

#2 4 years ago

Beautiful looking game.

I'd love to know how it was left new in box for so long, and perhaps the story of how it was found.

Good Luck with your Sale!

#3 4 years ago

this will be sold in a heartbeat!

Wish it was different timing and I had the funds!!!

WOW!

#4 4 years ago

This is awesome! it Really is a bargain deal.

#5 4 years ago

Just amazing!!

#7 4 years ago

Good Lord!

#8 4 years ago

Very nice ! But are those the correct legs? Black ribbed legs for a classic Stern is something I have not learned about.

#9 4 years ago

Dammmmmmmmmn

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Beautiful looking game.
I'd love to know how it was left new in box for so long, and perhaps the story of how it was found.

I second this.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very nice ! But are those the correct legs? Black ribbed legs for a classic Stern is something I have not learned about.

I've only seen smooth gray legs on Stern

#12 4 years ago

Those pics gave me a boner!

#13 4 years ago

How long ago was it pulled? Looks incredible. Are those the factory correct legs?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

How long ago was it pulled? Looks incredible. Are those the factory correct legs?

I don't think so

#16 4 years ago

Wow, amazing game, and worth the money.

Legs are not Stern but other than that, it is amazing.

#17 4 years ago

There are some swirl marks. It should be cleaned and clear coated.

#18 4 years ago

Another pinsider just PMed me about the spinner scores on this Catacomb.

My spinner lights, and his, too, show 500 points for each spinner light.

This is some sort of special as it shows 1000 points at each light.

Anybody know about this difference?

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.08.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.08.52 PM (resized).png

#19 4 years ago

Good catch, mine is 500’s and the one I had previously had 500’s.

#20 4 years ago

Are there NIB pictures? I hope whoever recently pulled it from the box kept the box. I’m the type of collector that would love an original box for a machine from the 80’s. Probably use it as gameroom decoration.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Those pics gave me a boner!

Hell, I 'arrived' !

#22 4 years ago

I hear this may be coming to the Empire State!

Can't wait to play it!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Another pinsider just PMed me about the spinner scores on this Catacomb.
My spinner lights, and his, too, show 500 points for each spinner light.
This is some sort of special as it shows 1000 points at each light.
Anybody know about this difference?
[quoted image]

That is odd. Wonder what the story is there. I have an early production one with the letters in the toast rather than numbers and mine says 500 on each spinner insert too.

#24 4 years ago

As to the info i told cottonm4 about the spinner value i also told him that i'm so bored that i'm trying to find things to do so i added a light to the star rollover on my Cat. Hope you guys/gals like it

20200401_193800 (resized).jpg20200401_193800 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200407-174709_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200407-174709_Gallery (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago

Checked CPR's repo pfld and its 500 also

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

That is odd. Wonder what the story is there. I have an early production one with the letters in the toast rather than numbers and mine says 500 on each spinner insert too.

Another friend just pointed out the the Bonus/ toast section says "Thousands" instead of Bonus.

When I was going for my Catacomb, one came up in Oregon that was just a little better deal but the seller was having problems and I did not have time to wait. I looked at that ad later on and it was the A-B-C-D alphabet version. I with mine was like that.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.14.06 PM (3) (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.14.06 PM (3) (resized).png

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Power87:

As to the info i told cottonm4 about the spinner value i also told him that i'm so bored that i'm trying to find things to do so i added a light to the star rollover on my Cat. Hope you guys/gals like it[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad you are making yourself known. Spying that 1000 points spinner was great catch.

I like your rollover light. Get a 4smd red LED to put in there. It will really light up and is back far enough it will not blind you.

#28 4 years ago

Wow, amazing condition!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hear this may be coming to the Empire State!
Can't wait to play it!

Levi, it is thrill. The only pin I know of with a spinner shot that can end in a SDTM disaster. It is fast ! And, yes, there is strategy to playing the bagatelle. Keep in mind the bagatelle is there as crutch for weaker players.

#30 4 years ago

To get that 1000 point score I think you would need the original MPU and ROMS. I don't think Alltek has that scheduled into it MPU. The buyer is going to need to get a Weebly board.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Another friend just pointed out the the Bonus/ toast section says "Thousands" instead of Bonus.
When I was going for my Catacomb, one came up in Oregon that was just a little better deal but the seller was having problems and I did not have time to wait. I looked at that ad later on and it was the A-B-C-D alphabet version. I with mine was like that.
[quoted image]

Another good catch! Mine says bonus too.

#32 4 years ago

Now if cpr did a repro with this as 1000 everyone would have lost there mind. They do fantastic work so there playfield with the wrong inserts ...good god just goes to show you how things are so different and they are only human. So people should understand $hit happens. Give them more credit from time to time.

#33 4 years ago

WTF is a MF 1,000+ spinner? That changes everything! What code version is in it...if the board is still laying around. Wonder if any version actually had is 1k

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF is a MF 1,000+ spinner? That changes everything! What code version is in it...if the board is still laying around. Wonder if any version actually had is 1k

That’s the question. Is the original board still there? Won’t find those ROMs anywhere.

#35 4 years ago

Nice looking game , but if this was just pulled out of the box why are two of the displays burned up? Not trying to offend anyone. Just sayin.

#36 4 years ago

It’s been played, you can see a bit of wear around the lock saucers and there’s led’s in the backbox at least. Still looks nice.

#37 4 years ago

Its nice but looks like its been played a lot and kinda, sorta restored. SDB has been rebuilt. Lock down bar has been sanded,etc. Shooter lane looks like some type of clear was put on it. I see lots of stuff that was done. no big deal but its not just out of the box or HUO. Still looks ok.

#38 4 years ago

I was seriously interested in this, but I noticed some things that made me decide against it

Couple things, and someone tell me if I am thinking wrong or not.

The damage to the corners. yet the paint is on the damage corners. almost like someone stenciled the cabinet without bondo'ing it. the scratches on the back side show no wood, like it was painted after that. the two holes on the backbox have no fresh wood appearing..

IMG_4139 (resized).jpgIMG_4139 (resized).jpgIMG_4192 (resized).jpgIMG_4192 (resized).jpgIMG_4200 (resized).jpgIMG_4200 (resized).jpgIMG_4218 (resized).jpgIMG_4218 (resized).jpg
#39 4 years ago

Bingo. This game was refurbished, and not really well.
vidgameseller, you are correct and made the right decision. Cab looks like repainted or heavily touched up. Really rough body work. I'm gonna let it rip now. The playfield may have some touch ups, I don't know. But it does look like it has a coat of some kind of clear over it. Planking still shows through and you can see the wear on the shooter lane under the coating. My guess, it looks like someone brushed on a varathane type product on the playfield. Its a pig with lipstick. I'm sure Ill get attacked for this, but this was a beat game that was dolled up not very well. Forgot to mention that the back box cards and cab cards are missing.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Couple things

Well the first thing I noticed from your pic is the #6 slotted hex screws which are def not OG.

#41 4 years ago

god, i hope the buyer reads through this thread before giving over any money.

#42 4 years ago

The ad was so deceiving that the buyer should have no problem backing out of this, unless they are ok with the price. Even a beat Catacomb goes for a pretty good buck. It didn't help the buyer that all the typical ass kissers on here raved about how wonderful this game was.

#43 4 years ago

If the game was as advertised, right out of the box, the price is awesome, and why I looked. And a Catacomb is still a valuable game. Easy 3500-4500 for nice examples. But this one. I wouldn't give 2500 for. It cost more to fix up what someone else tried to hide. Hopefully some mods can maybe get involved to prevent false advertising like this. Otherwise we will start seeing a lot of new creative ads like "Just out of box hard to find a nicer one (unboxed it about 30 years ago and only put it in 10-20 bars) but we unboxed it.

#44 4 years ago

same seller also listed a godzilla. same song and dance.

#45 4 years ago

The strange thing is when I see these types of ads, there are always a bunch of idiots praising these games.

#46 4 years ago

I don't know ladies. The price IS right. But I could do without the bold faced fucking lying.

#47 4 years ago

I'm with Gryszzz... It is a decent price for the game, but dishonesty ain't cool.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

The strange thing is when I see these types of ads, there are always a bunch of idiots praising these games.

Not sure what you are talking about?

Game is definitely doctored, but price is still solid. I would not be buying with out answers from seller, but would still be interested at this price.

#49 4 years ago

Possible the playfield has so much paintwork that that’s the reason for 1000’s for the spinner and THOUSANDS instead of BONUS? Also, I don’t think the back of the backglass is all that nice.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure what you are talking about?
Game is definitely doctored, but price is still solid. I would not be buying with out answers from seller, but would still be interested at this price.

You are full of shit. Price is solid? What does that mean? maybe you should have bought it. The game was an obvious misrepresentation bordering on fraud. But here is your take:

this will be sold in a heartbeat!

Wish it was different timing and I had the funds!!!

WOW!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-8?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.