IMG_4218 (resized).jpg
IMG_4192 (resized).jpg
IMG_4139 (resized).jpg
IMG_4200 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.14.06 PM (3) (resized).png
20200401_193800 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200407-174709_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 3.08.52 PM (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Dude. If you don't think a fraudulent, yes, but still very nice example of this couldn't go for 4k mannnn it will.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

You are full of shit. Price is solid? What does that mean? maybe you should have bought it. The game was an obvious misrepresentation bordering on fraud. But here is your take:
this will be sold in a heartbeat!
Wish it was different timing and I had the funds!!!
WOW!

Your reading comore Henson is poor. I would have bought it is timing and funds.

I would still have bought it, despite the flaws. Looks to me like a repainted cab (done poorly) but the rest appears like a nice original game. I do t care for the misrepresentation bug the seller but even if advertised accurately, this game is a quick sell at this price.

Trashed examples are 2500. Working and nice 3500 and restored amature jobs are easy 4500.

I guess your reaction is more because you are ISO the title than anything.

#53 4 years ago

I’m not ISO this title. You can’t defend this. working and nice $3500. Well it’s not nice, and based on the liberty taken with the ad it’s also probably not working. Don’t bother responding, I won’t. I think everyone gets the picture here.

#54 4 years ago

So then is the 1000 spinners a complete screw up? The font looks a little weird, and the top most zeros are cut off/flat

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Possible the playfield has so much paintwork that that’s the reason for 1000’s for the spinner and THOUSANDS instead of BONUS? Also, I don’t think the back of the backglass is all that nice.

No. Those 1000 point spinner lights look legit. I suppose the owner could have hired a highly skilled artist to make those changes but I don't think it is probable.

But is this only one out there? If it is one-of-kind, it would be interesting. But we don't even know how many Catacombs were produced, let alone know if this is the only one. No way to prove anything.

#56 4 years ago

Edited---this vodka is gonna kill me before the virus good god man. Trying harder to "be nice"!

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

I’m not ISO this title. You can’t defend this. working and nice $3500. Well it’s not nice, and based on the liberty taken with the ad it’s also probably not working. Don’t bother responding, I won’t. I think everyone gets the picture here.

Yeah. We all get the picture. You are really worked up by a catacomb being worth 4500 bucks. Lol

Game still looks very nice.

Unless this is complete fraud by seller I would assume they may have bought from someone else and are not really experienced or know what they have. Just regurgitating what they were told when they bought this. When I see blue tape saying “long bolt” because they don’t know the difference between a head bolt and leg Bolton is telling.

This is a nice looking game. Appears to be an original pf in good shape that was dropped into an amateur cab restoration.

Link me of touch ups or other things that would actually show issues. Only thing I see is the cab job.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah. We all get the picture. You are really worked up by a catacomb being worth 4500 bucks. Lol
Game still looks very nice.
Unless this is complete fraud by seller I would assume they may have bought from someone else and are not really experienced or know what they have. Just regurgitating what they were told when they bought this. When I see blue tape saying “long bolt” because they don’t know the difference between a head bolt and leg Bolton is telling.
This is a nice looking game. Appears to be an original pf in good shape that was dropped into an amateur cab restoration.
Link me of touch ups or other things that would actually show issues. Only thing I see is the cab job.

You can see in the pics that the payfeild has a shitty clear coat that isnt original.

Screenshot_20200407-223634_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200407-223634_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200407-223737_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200407-223737_Photos (resized).jpg
#59 4 years ago

Is that not just old dimpling?

Looks fine under mar rings and not cleared over the rings

#60 4 years ago

The OPs Godzilla listing is no better.

If this is HUO, then every game I own is HUO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-godzilla-4

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that not just old dimpling?
Looks fine under mar rings and not cleared over the rings

Could be but inserts of that age normally show separation all the way around. Those look like they have been partially filled. But I could be wrong. My catacomb someone did a brush on clear and I didnt notice till I got it home. Looks alot like that up close.

#62 4 years ago

Looks like pooling around some star posts in the later playfield pics.

#63 4 years ago

What a difference 24 hrs brings.

#64 4 years ago

I don’t think the pf has been clear, my catacomb pf looks very similar with the same shine. Could be wrong though.

#65 4 years ago

I don't know, looks New out of box to me? Now if you'll excuse me I'm unboxing my own Catacomb
20200408_031408.jpg20200408_031408.jpg

#66 4 years ago

Ok, I only glanced at pics yesterday but have now actually looked in more detail.

100% repainted - I checked the stenciling lines and they are not like original in places.

My theory is that this may have been in a box until recently but the cabinet got damaged or damp and so it was re-painted?

Maybe that explains the new legs - old ones were rusty?

As for the odd 1000's on the playfield, I have a theory on that.

I have a very early letters Catacomb with very early prototype roms on it.

It scores 1000 points everytime a set of drops is completed.

So, I think this is a prototype playfield while they were still deciding which parts of the game scored 1000 points.

Just need to change the listing to 'restored'.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very nice ! But are those the correct legs? Black ribbed legs for a classic Stern is something I have not learned about.

Not to mention the leg bolts are wrong too.

#68 4 years ago

The paper work for the transformer and cabinet are missing...
The bridge rectifier board assembly is contemporary...
This game is a high-end style refurbishment.
This game is not OEM.
This game maybe out of the box from being refurbished...
but not "out of the box" from the factory.

#69 4 years ago

I really think that the pf is original and nice condition. Would be very interested to see/hear from new buyer once they get it.

The cab is “restored” but good enough.

Gotta say that looking through history of sales this is comparable to the ones that have sold in the last year for 4500-5500.

I stand by my original assessment. This is a deal and I would have bought if I had the funds.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It scores 1000 points everytime a set of drops is completed.

I remember us talking about your 1000 point scoring.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really think that the pf is original and nice condition. Would be very interested to see/hear from new buyer once they get it.
The cab is “restored” but good enough.
Gotta say that looking through history of sales this is comparable to the ones that have sold in the last year for 4500-5500.
I stand by my original assessment. This is a deal and I would have bought if I had the funds.

Would be interesting to hear the full history.

I am guessing it was stored for decades but in a poor environment which explains some parts looking amazing and others having to be replaced/redone.

#72 4 years ago

After seeing this sellers other listings that are priced super high and having issues, plus the obvious lies here, I would steer clear from anything this guy has up for sale. That said, somebody will probably still buy this just because they really want a catacomb, but the seller really kinda seems like a dirtbag

#73 4 years ago

I have seen more than one pin for sale on pinside where the ad was taken down as "decided to keep" and you look in the seller's collection and see that he no longer has the pin. In my opinion, the seller got a buyer, took the ad down, sold the pin, and avoided giving some money to pinside.
----------------------------

His stats page shows he has sold 15 items from 19 items he has put up for sale. That is pretty good sales/sold ratio. I am not in approval with how this Catacomb was described as it does not look like HUO, but for every sold item, he has contributed to pinside. Make of that what you will.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/darth-grayder/market/all-archived

#74 4 years ago

Ive bought 4 games from the seller since last September. He lists them on facebook groups and pinside. I have always had good experiences when i get games from him and he always prices the games I get from him for a quick sale. He takes a ton of pictures and puts them on google drive and has always been forthcoming with any known issues. I know that he has a lot of games in storage so that could explain the DMD issues that people are wondering about. I personally don't feel like hes trying to get over on anybody. There's enough pictures available to make a decision on the game you are getting and if you are local i'm sure you could check it out before buying it. I will buy another game from him again. Probably within the next few months.

#75 4 years ago

For a little clarity, Whysnow owns this title.

Typical price pumping from him as always

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

How would you know this?

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I dont think you understand how price pumping works.
You do realize you need to actually sell games in order to get any benefit from price pumping?
I am very genuine and would have bought this game if I had the funds. All my pinball money is allocated for a game I am currently buying and will show up after the Covid blows over. No new pinball games in my current future, but I would have bought this Catacomb it I had it in my budget.

Quoted from cottonm4:

How would you know this?

He knows because he stalks me religiously. It is odd, creepy, and indicative of whom he is on a larger scale.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He knows because he stalks me religiously. It is odd, creepy, and indicative of whom he is on a larger scale.

Or maybe you just make so much noise you're easily stalk-able

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Quoted from metallik:

Or maybe you just make so much noise you're easily stalk-able

Aahhh...
The critics are lining up.
Nothing new for the one known as
Whysnow

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think you understand how price pumping works.
You do realize you need to actually sell games in order to get any benefit from price pumping?
I am very genuine and would have bought this game if I had the funds. All my pinball money is allocated for a game I am currently buying and will show up after the Covid blows over. No new pinball games in my current future, but I would have bought this Catacomb it I had it in my budget.

Why didn’t you mention you own the game?

You’re using the same lame ass excuse you and most price pumpers cling to. “I’m not price pumping because I don’t plan to sell mine!” You’re embarrassing yourself with that response. I’m not planning to sell my house, should I not care if the value goes up or down? Just stop dude. You’ve been pulling this shit for years.

You were trying to come off as an interested buyer at the price and won’t shut up about what a smoking deal this is, AND YOU ALREADY OWN THE GAME!!!

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Why didn’t you mention you own the game?
You’re using the same lame ass excuse you and most price pumpers cling to. “I’m not price pumping because I don’t plan to sell mine!” You’re embarrassing yourself with that response. I’m not planning to sell my house, should I not care if the value goes up or down? Just stop dude. You’ve been pulling this shit for years.
You were trying to come off as an interested buyer at the price and won’t shut up about what a smoking deal this is, AND YOU ALREADY OWN THE GAME!!!

You are a dumbass.

I have a players example catacomb.
This thing is very nice in comparison.

If I had the funds, I would have purchased this without even posting and it would be on the way to WI right now.

I very commonly buy duplicates and use them to make stellar examples. Then trading away the lesser example for something else rare. I own probably 5 duplicates currently of rare games. Have had triples a few times also.

I’ll reiterate, you are a dumbass!

#82 4 years ago

pinlink: people trade up all the time, nothing unusual here. Stop trying to crawl into his head...

catacomb sucks compared to nine ball anyway

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are a dumbass.
I have a players example catacomb.
This thing is very nice in comparison.
If I had the funds, I would have purchased this without even posting and it would be on the way to WI right now.
I very commonly buy duplicates and use them to make stellar examples. Then trading away the lesser example for something else rare. I own probably 5 duplicates currently of rare games. Have had triples a few times also.
I’ll reiterate, you are a dumbass!

Cool story bro. If true you would have mentioned you own one. Hopefully others can see through your bullshit at this point but looks like you still have a few folks fooled.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess your reaction is more because you are ISO the title than anything.

Also, it’s super weird how you just make shit like this up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
$ 125.00
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-8/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.