9956965C-4465-4922-B9C1-E015DCB4B19E (resized).jpeg
1A8EFBC4-8E25-4140-8C12-54CF17E1E360 (resized).jpeg
34CDE6D5-D3AF-4A42-B44E-5622801B20C3 (resized).jpeg
4599E989-F5D8-417B-A505-B934901EE5F4 (resized).jpeg
C7F442BA-8039-4487-8B5B-587ED71ACD21 (resized).jpeg
BD168F5D-0CE8-4493-AF83-88492B5F7430 (resized).jpeg
6B2A63DC-C9A4-4919-8911-8A3D9B690E87 (resized).jpeg
6234487B-001F-4B9A-B8D4-A3C8C5E2C91C (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

hey Marlborough man
what ubeen smoking

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Correction. I never said Lightning was the best Classic Stern. Just the best of that couple I mentioned.
The Best in order are:
Quicksilver
Star Gazer
Nineball
Seawitch
Stars
F2K
Big Game
Meteor
Ali

That’s a pretty good list, but I put Meteor higher. And of course, add in the Comb.

#54 4 years ago

Catacomb is probably my favorite, but I think quicksilver and Meteor play the best.
With maybe big game after that.

So one before mentioned free fall which is a dud as well.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Correction. I never said Lightning was the best Classic Stern. Just the best of that couple I mentioned.
The Best in order are:
Quicksilver
Star Gazer
Nineball
Seawitch
Stars
F2K
Big Game
Meteor
Ali

Looks reasonable. You think that Big Game is better than Cheetah?

#57 4 years ago

I’ve got a few classic Sterns, Catacomb is my favorite of the ones I have. I get a kick out of explaining the rules to people.

#58 4 years ago

@tigerlaw - you know, i'm LOVING the Dragonfist you sold me. I redid the cabinet and it looks great now. (I'll send pics when i get a chance.)

You missing it at all?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Looks reasonable. You think that Big Game is better than Cheetah?

My opinion on those 2 has changed over the years. I liked Cheetah better than Big Game years ago.
Then I restored up a nice Cheetah for myself complete with NOS clearcoated playfield with prototype roms and while I loved it for a time,
Big Game holds up better and is the better game. Sold both of my Cheetahs a few years back but still have the Big Game and is a keeper.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve got a few classic Sterns, Catacomb is my favorite of the ones I have. I get a kick out of explaining the rules to people.

I'd like Catacomb a lot more with a simple rule change:

The bagatelle is too much of a delay of game feature. Would be great if it only applies after ball 3 has drained so it would be a last ditch effort for points or even tie in an extra ball if you filled out the toast during it.

#61 4 years ago

I owned a Catacomb for a while and still miss it to this day. As other have mentioned, the quirky rules and bagatelle make the game stand out even in a big collection. I would put a couple of classic sterns above it, but it’s still a great game.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

@tigerlaw - you know, i'm LOVING the Dragonfist you sold me. I redid the cabinet and it looks great now. (I'll send pics when i get a chance.)
You missing it at all?

That’s awesome! I hope to see it one day when I visit NY.

I miss every game I sell! Alas, my space situation is pretty grim right now, I need a bigger house!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s awesome! I hope to see it one day when I visit NY.
I miss every game I sell! Alas, my space situation is pretty grim right now, I need a bigger house!

Bigger house? Amen to that!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

My opinion on those 2 has changed over the years. I liked Cheetah better than Big Game years ago.
Then I restored up a nice Cheetah for myself complete with NOS clearcoated playfield with prototype roms and while I loved it for a time,
Big Game holds up better and is the better game. Sold both of my Cheetahs a few years back but still have the Big Game and is a keeper.

Tough call: I prefer Cheetah by a nose myself. I love these discussions about the deep-catalog Sterns! I was looking for Viper and Iron Maiden for years until I actually played them a couple or times, and that put paid to that! Most of these games require a lot of familiarization before you can make a real judgement on their quality. You can't just look at a Classic Stern game layout, you have to explore the shots that the quirky playfields provide.

I have to say, I am intrigued by Dragonfist, but I've never had the chance to play one.

grant..

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I've owned the Majority of the Classic Sterns ... I sold all of them within a few years of owning them as the gameplay was not for me. I will say that Lightning was the best for gameplay out of the bunch.

Agreed. I love Lightning. The problem with most early electronic Stern games is that they are so basic (single level games, two flippers) and play like an EM. Lightning is like a Williams double level game (Black Knight, Solar Fire, etc) and has a lot more going on. I am not a huge fan of the artwork on Lightning. I wish I could find a Lightning to add to my collection again.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am not a huge fan of the artwork on Lightning

The artwork is the only thing I like about it. I think Lighting is a beautiful pin. But I prefer the single level play fields.

Different strokes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 3.00
$ 199.95
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-6/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.