IMG_20191128_175059 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174945 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174955 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174758 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174817 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174920 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#13 4 years ago

Lotta hype involved in the classic Stern market right now. It’s up to each buyer to determine whether that value is real or driven by classic Stern owners. This pin is priced in Pinside’s value range but sometimes that lags. The last one that came through here was a little nicer, and was traded for a Dr. Who.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think there is as much hype as there is reality. There is a reason he is 10+ people deep within minutes of posting this.
I am not normally a fan of changing a price, but this is obviously a very big oops by the seller and they may want to just pull the listing, research the price a bit more, and then relist.
How much would you offer to buy this example?
or the better question >> How much would you ask if you were selling it?
Anyone interested in a Catacomb knows they are rare and nice ones (most have blown out pf and bubbling backglasses) are even more rare.
I would buy this one at 4k easily. I would likely ask 4500 if selling and go from there.
Sadly, nice solidstate games just dont come around often and the demand far exceeds supply.

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt because you’re a previous Catacomb owner, but not a current one. I’ve been looking for a Catacomb for some time but I wouldn’t give over maybe $2500 - 2700 for this particular game which would knock me out of the running I guess if this were a auction. I agree with Tigerlaw
if the deal has been made with a prospective buyer it should go through. I have to wonder what your thoughts would be if you had been the first to respond to this ad. Rare solid state games have been coming up quite a bit lately. There’s a Stern Quicksilver (rarer than Catacomb) that started over $6k here and could now be had at $4k. IMO older Sterns have a very vocal and following.

#26 4 years ago

The last sale on pinside was posted as $5500.00 for trade. The seller never posted the sales price so there is a question mark

That’s the seller that ended up trading for the Dr. Who. Don’t know anything about a seller wanting $6500, but that’s alot of money unless it was professionally restored.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did not even respond as I knew I was too late.
If I were early enough to make it worth the PM, then I would have kindly advised the seller that his price is too low for what current market is on the game and that I would be happy to pay him a more reasonable price for his efforts of packing and shipping the game to make it worth his while. That likely would have earned me the sale (being first and reasonable)
Outside of that, I honestly would have just told the seller, "I will TAKE BOTH catacomb and title fight as a package deal for 5k shipped"
The title fight is priced a bit high, catacomb is low. Take the pair for 5 shipped is a solid deal for both parties.
He gets rid of title fight which will likely sit for a bit (maybe not sell at all at that price?)
New owner gets 2 fun games for a solid price and shipped in a single package.

If this is true you are an exceptional buyer.. I hope the first responder gets the deal though, and they keep and enjoy the game rather than flip it for a monetary gain.

#29 4 years ago

Actually, upon further review that Title Fight with shipping included doesn’t look like a bad deal at all. There’s currently a sale pending on one on the east coast with no shipping at $1900, and Gottlieb only made 1000 on them.

#44 4 years ago

If it’s a game you know you wanna keep, why couldn’t you just move both flipper buttons over to one side?

#46 4 years ago

So did you make a u shaped bracket to fit around the back of the machine to access the flipper button on the unreachable side?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-5?tu=Powdevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.