IMG_20191128_175059 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174945 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174955 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174758 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174817 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174920 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Catacomb

Added: 2019-11-30 20:24:20 UTC • Ended: December 19th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

In good condition. It's been shopped-out, cleaned, and touched-up. The backglass has a couple of unobtrusive wear spots you can see in the photos. The GI is converted to warm-white retro LEDs for less heat. The controlled lamps are original incandescent. It has a modern Alltek MPU board replacement.

It plays great and the bagatelle action in between balls is a fun, unique feature. It has speech. The goal is to fill-in the number matrix in the middle by hitting the matching drop-target bank at the right moment. The number that a target bank represents is constantly rotating, so you have to time it right. When the bagatelle is active you can control the numbers for each bank and you get whatever bank the ball lands on. It has 3-ball multiball, which is achieved whenever two balls have been "captured" in the ball locks (the voice announces a prisoner has been captured), and released by hitting the left loop or completing the matrix.

I can prep this for shipping and deliver to the shipper of your choice at no cost. If you haven't shipped before, I can help you with the process. Shipping within the continental US is typically $250-400.

Item photos

IMG_20191128_174817 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174758 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174945 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174920 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_174955 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_175059 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_175106 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are brundaged's market stats.

silver Seller Level

brundaged has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to brundaged's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Spanish Fork, UT, US

#3 4 years ago

Man I want this..

#4 4 years ago

Smokin deal. Probably sold by now if not soon. Congrats to who ever snags this.

#5 4 years ago

I sent a PM 10 minutes after he posted it and was told I'm 7th in line!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I sent a PM 10 minutes after he posted it and was told I'm 7th in line!

That's what happens when a game is listed for half its value

#7 4 years ago

LOL I saw it immediately and didn’t respond until 2 hours later

Seller, no need to let me know looks like you’re gonna have a busy night haha.

#8 4 years ago

This is the kind of deal where the buyer should tip the seller for not pulling the ad--and maybe even pay it forward.

#9 4 years ago

There has been a ton of interest in this game, to my surprise. I guess it's become fashionable since I bought it in 2012? Not sure why the demand is so high.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

There has been a ton of interest in this game, to my surprise. I guess it's become fashionable since I bought it in 2012? Not sure why the demand is so high.

You hit it spot on, these sterns have become real hot lately

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

It’s a game with an interesting rule set. It doesn’t appeal to everyone, but it’s a lower production game so you can always find a buyer.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

It is an easy sell at likely double your asking based on condition.

#13 4 years ago

Lotta hype involved in the classic Stern market right now. It’s up to each buyer to determine whether that value is real or driven by classic Stern owners. This pin is priced in Pinside’s value range but sometimes that lags. The last one that came through here was a little nicer, and was traded for a Dr. Who.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Lotta hype involved in the classic Stern market right now. It’s up to each buyer to determine whether that value is real or driven by classic Stern owners. This pin is priced in Pinside’s value range but sometimes that lags. The last one that came through here was a little nicer, and was traded for a Dr. Who.

I dont think there is as much hype as there is reality. There is a reason he is 10+ people deep within minutes of posting this.
I am not normally a fan of changing a price, but this is obviously a very big oops by the seller and they may want to just pull the listing, research the price a bit more, and then relist.

How much would you offer to buy this example?

or the better question >> How much would you ask if you were selling it?

Anyone interested in a Catacomb knows they are rare and nice ones (most have blown out pf and bubbling backglasses) are even more rare.
I would buy this one at 4k easily. I would likely ask 4500 if selling and go from there.

Sadly, nice solidstate games just dont come around often and the demand far exceeds supply.

#15 4 years ago

You have to love the people that didn't get it stating that the seller should raise the price.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

You have to love the people that didn't get it stating that the seller should raise the price.

yeah, it is sometimes the right thing to do.

Seller appears to be a stand up guy from all past users experiences with him.
He appears to normally price right on the button.

Games that are not sold as often can be hard to set a price accurately for current market.
We are all collectors here and the seller priced at half of current market. No real harm in him saying "oops, I goofed" and relisting it.
Anyone that is pissed at him for that, it not being forthright or honest about the demand and current FMV of this game.

Keep in mind that many of the people that likely messaged about this game are going to sell it within a few months for double...
no reason for original seller to not relist it appropriately TBT.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We are all collectors here and the seller priced at half of current market. No real harm in him saying "oops, I goofed" and relisting it.
Anyone that is pissed at him for that, it not being forthright or honest about the demand and current FMV of this game.

I get what you are saying but if someone already offered his full asking price and if he said yes, then that prospective purchaser would have grounds to be pissed if the game gets pulled. If that hasn’t happened yet, then yes he could pull it and relist it without concern of how that would be perceived.

I must say, I’m surprised to see the current demand for this title. Catacomb is my favorite classic Stern - I had a top end restoration job done to mine and it’s bolted to the floor of my house - but it has always been a second string game in the eyes of many to Quicksilver and Star Gazer. I’m glad to see Catacomb is now getting its due, it is the best rule set of any classic Stern.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I get what you are saying but if someone already offered his full asking price and if he said yes, then that prospective purchaser would have grounds to be pissed if the game gets pulled. If that hasn’t happened yet, then yes he could pull it and relist it without concern of how that would be perceived.
I must say, I’m surprised to see the current demand for this title. Catacomb is my favorite classic Stern - I had a top end restoration job done to mine and it’s bolted to the floor of my house - but it has always been a second string game in the eyes of many to Quicksilver and Star Gazer. I’m glad to see Catacomb is now getting its due, it is the best rule set of any classic Stern.

Oh, I completely agree that if he said “yes” then it should be a done deal!

I assume since the ad is not marked as pending that the deal has not been done.
Once both parties agree and cash exchanges hand then the deal is done.

#19 4 years ago

I also agree that catacomb is far superior to this other games. I still don’t understand the ruleset full and I love that about it!

Guy at league has one so I hope I can learn more this month when I get a chance to play it!

#20 4 years ago

Catacomb blows!

There. I said it.

But I always hate bagatelle / spinning wheel games.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also agree that catacomb is far superior to this other games. I still don’t understand the ruleset full and I love that about it!
Guy at league has one so I hope I can learn more this month when I get a chance to play it!

The ruleset is easy. It is hard to describe, though. Of the classic Sterns I own, this one has a dangerous spinner that can kill you with a shot SDTM.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think there is as much hype as there is reality. There is a reason he is 10+ people deep within minutes of posting this.
I am not normally a fan of changing a price, but this is obviously a very big oops by the seller and they may want to just pull the listing, research the price a bit more, and then relist.
How much would you offer to buy this example?
or the better question >> How much would you ask if you were selling it?
Anyone interested in a Catacomb knows they are rare and nice ones (most have blown out pf and bubbling backglasses) are even more rare.
I would buy this one at 4k easily. I would likely ask 4500 if selling and go from there.
Sadly, nice solidstate games just dont come around often and the demand far exceeds supply.

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt because you’re a previous Catacomb owner, but not a current one. I’ve been looking for a Catacomb for some time but I wouldn’t give over maybe $2500 - 2700 for this particular game which would knock me out of the running I guess if this were a auction. I agree with Tigerlaw
if the deal has been made with a prospective buyer it should go through. I have to wonder what your thoughts would be if you had been the first to respond to this ad. Rare solid state games have been coming up quite a bit lately. There’s a Stern Quicksilver (rarer than Catacomb) that started over $6k here and could now be had at $4k. IMO older Sterns have a very vocal and following.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Catacomb blows!
There. I said it.

You just need to improve your game, Levi A perfect player would never be presented with the bagatelle. The bagatelle is a crutch for weaker players to even have a chance at playing this tough game.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

There’s a Stern Quicksilver (rarer than Catacomb) that started over $6k here and could now be had at $4k. IMO older Sterns have a very vocal and following.

There were 1201 Quicksilvers produced. Catacomb production is unknown. The conventional wisdom is that around 2200 Catacombs were produced. I don't know where that number came from.

I did a writeup awhile back where I ran through the classic Stern production numbers. Of course, I cannot prove it, but my thoughts are that there were less than 1000 Catacombs produced. Actually, I think the number is closer to only 900 produced.

Quoted from Powdevil:

I’ve been looking for a Catacomb for some time but I wouldn’t give over maybe $2500 - 2700 for this particular game which would knock me out of the running I guess if this were a auction

I bought my Catacomb in January 2017 for $2050.00. I had to suck in my breath as I think I was the high price buyer at the time. The seller was asking $2500.00. The last sale on pinside was posted as $5500.00 for trade. The seller never posted the sales price so there is a question mark, but not too long after this, a Catacomb came up for sale on Ebay and sold in excess of $3000.00.

Another pinsider liquidated his Stern collection recently. He had a very nice Catacomb he was wanting $6500.00 for. I don't know what he got but I'm fairly certain the price was up there.

It is a fantastic playing pin. I hope you find one.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I have to wonder what your thoughts would be if you had been the first to respond to this ad.

I did not even respond as I knew I was too late.

If I were early enough to make it worth the PM, then I would have kindly advised the seller that his price is too low for what current market is on the game and that I would be happy to pay him a more reasonable price for his efforts of packing and shipping the game to make it worth his while. That likely would have earned me the sale (being first and reasonable)

Outside of that, I honestly would have just told the seller, "I will TAKE BOTH catacomb and title fight as a package deal for 5k shipped"

The title fight is priced a bit high, catacomb is low. Take the pair for 5 shipped is a solid deal for both parties.

He gets rid of title fight which will likely sit for a bit (maybe not sell at all at that price?)
New owner gets 2 fun games for a solid price and shipped in a single package.

#26 4 years ago

The last sale on pinside was posted as $5500.00 for trade. The seller never posted the sales price so there is a question mark

That’s the seller that ended up trading for the Dr. Who. Don’t know anything about a seller wanting $6500, but that’s alot of money unless it was professionally restored.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did not even respond as I knew I was too late.
If I were early enough to make it worth the PM, then I would have kindly advised the seller that his price is too low for what current market is on the game and that I would be happy to pay him a more reasonable price for his efforts of packing and shipping the game to make it worth his while. That likely would have earned me the sale (being first and reasonable)
Outside of that, I honestly would have just told the seller, "I will TAKE BOTH catacomb and title fight as a package deal for 5k shipped"
The title fight is priced a bit high, catacomb is low. Take the pair for 5 shipped is a solid deal for both parties.
He gets rid of title fight which will likely sit for a bit (maybe not sell at all at that price?)
New owner gets 2 fun games for a solid price and shipped in a single package.

If this is true you are an exceptional buyer.. I hope the first responder gets the deal though, and they keep and enjoy the game rather than flip it for a monetary gain.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

If this is true you are an exceptional buyer.. I hope the first responder gets the deal though, and they keep and enjoy the game rather than flip it for a monetary gain.

I don’t think this is anything exceptional. Anyone looking at the game knows it is a hell of a deal. Be reasonable with your fellow collectors when buying and it pays off in the long run. This seller has sold lots of games. Be fair this time and I would guess He may even treat you well or give you dibs in the future.

#29 4 years ago

Actually, upon further review that Title Fight with shipping included doesn’t look like a bad deal at all. There’s currently a sale pending on one on the east coast with no shipping at $1900, and Gottlieb only made 1000 on them.

#30 4 years ago

Offer on the two Whysnow . It’s a solid idea and would legit put you in front as your getting two games. Anybody would see that.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Don’t know anything about a seller wanting $6500, but that’s alot of money unless it was professionally restored.

Pinlawyer is who liquidated all of his classic Sterns. He had nice pins. AFAIK, all restored except for his Big Game which came with an NOS play field. Sometime before he posted his entire Stern collection for sale, he made a comment in another thread that he would like to get $6500.00 for it.

He sold pins in package deals, some went here and others went there. I don't know what he got for it but I am reasonably certain he was north of $5000.00.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Catacomb blows!
There. I said it.

Ya need to play one that has freshly re-built flippers and pops or it can seem a bit mediocre.

The one they had at Pinburgh didn't play anything like they should. Way too slow and floaty.

Whereas the QS they had played superbly.

And you do really need to think in this game with the drop targets moving position every second!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Offer on the two whysnow . It’s a solid idea and would legit put you in front as your getting two games. Anybody would see that.

Nah. I assume there are plenty of others that reached out way before I even saw this post. I have no need to get in the middle of something else already in the works.

#34 4 years ago

all that being said
its time to shit or get off the pot
waddaya gonna do
sell it
keep it
keep us all insuspense
pull the trig so we can all go on with our catacombless lives

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from one-armed-bandit:

all that being said
its time to shit or get off the pot
waddaya gonna do
sell it
keep it
keep us all insuspense
pull the trig so we can all go on with our catacombless lives

How about you turning in the public lights to your collection so we can see what you have? Do you own a Catacomb already? I can't tell what you have and the suspense is killing me

#36 4 years ago

I do have a the worlds only one hand playing stern lightning
But then all my pins r one handed
Since that's all I got
Not games
Hands

#37 4 years ago

Pow
Just blew ur minds
Yes a one handed pin player

#38 4 years ago

Sorry guys, business issues have tied-up all my attention the last couple of days. I'll figure out what I'm doing with this shortly.

#39 4 years ago

A lot of price pumping going on here.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:A lot of price pumping going on here.

How much did you sell yours for?
Also, when was that?

#41 4 years ago

Two options here. Sell it to the first buyer at asking price, or don’t LOL. If you don’t, everybody is gonna be salty anyways so just open offers to highest bidder. May as well make some bucks if you’re gonna piss everybody off

#42 4 years ago

I do have a the worlds only one hand playing stern lightning
But then all my pins r one handed
Since that's all I got
Not games
Hands

Well, if you only have one hand/one arm you are in the wrong FKN hobby.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, if you only have one hand/one arm you are in the wrong FKN hobby.

not the case at all!

Ben Heck and I created a device that allows one armed players to play just as well as anyone.
It has since been modified and improved many times over.
There is an entire untold story about making pinball more accessible.

#44 4 years ago

If it’s a game you know you wanna keep, why couldn’t you just move both flipper buttons over to one side?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

If it’s a game you know you wanna keep, why couldn’t you just move both flipper buttons over to one side?

some people do that, but drilling a cab is not always the best option for possible resale.

Also, it is nice to be able to play anywhere, on location, in leagues and have easy ability to move the device among games/ players with little effort.

#46 4 years ago

So did you make a u shaped bracket to fit around the back of the machine to access the flipper button on the unreachable side?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

So did you make a u shaped bracket to fit around the back of the machine to access the flipper button on the unreachable side?

There is a thread on here somewhere. I am sure someone can find/link (or just bump it) it quicker than I

edit: just bumped it

On the top page currently

#48 4 years ago

Pow
Just blew ur minds
Yes a one handed pin player

Post some pics of the rig!

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is a thread on here somewhere. I am sure someone can find/link (or just bump it) it quicker than I

This I gotta see !.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from cottonm4:

This I gotta see !.

Impressive ! To the unwashed, this was a surprise to see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 125.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-5?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.