MVIMG_20181014_205851 (resized).jpg
221BAFA0-B509-42ED-A8DC-1102EC90C14D (resized).jpeg
IMG_8251 (resized).JPG
IMG_8252 (resized).JPG
IMG_8250 (resized).JPG
IMG_8248 (resized).JPG
IMG_8247 (resized).JPG
IMG_8249 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I just checked Pinside sales history and 2 of the last 3 sales were at $2k.. They were all done in 2017 though. None reported in ‘18. I think it could be worth $2500 - $2750. I don’t think this pin has the market value of a Quicksilver, but I’d like to have it.

I was one of those $2K buyers in 2017. I had just missed one selling in Texas for $1600.00. A little later, simultaneously, one came up in Oregon for $1600.00. It needed a back glass but had all new Altek boards. It would have been a great deal. And then one in Florida came up for $2K. I ran into timing issues with the seller in Oregon and was not sure if that deal would ever happen. The Florida deal sounded like a sure thing so I headed that way.

At $2k, I has to suck in my breath but they do not come around that often. I have never been sorry. Catcomb is the king of short ball times and when you occasionally get that killer ball you understand why you stand there getting beat up all the time.

Would I pay $5K? No. Too rich for me. Would I sell for $5K? No. Because I would have to go find another one.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

It would certainly seem that our
cozy little pinball world has indeed changed
my friends, and changed dramatically.

I came here by way of the Visual Pinball videos I saw on YouTube. Once I figured out how this was done I built a visual pin. VP is where I found Big Game. And it made me want to get the real deal. I found and bought a BG from craigslist. And then I discovered Pinside. People were talking about these Classic Sterns. I paid attention and started watching pin vids on youtube. 3 years later my small house looks like a Stern operator's warehouse.

I don't know about anybody else but this is how I arrived.

VP, youtube, Craigslist, and Ebay. And don't forget Pinside. And Alltek boards.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I PM’d Rillo about the sale of this Catacomb, and he said he actually is in the process of trading for a Doctor Who plus he received some cash difference.. He didn’t say how much. Not really sure of the value of DW’s but I think Pinside values them under $3k. I think some Doctor Who fans might be surprised that they would have to give up cash to get a Catacomb, but then again, this sale was a bit of an enigma. Maybe the trader just really wanted a nice Catacomb and has enough cash that he doesn’t care. Must be a nice situation! My guess is Catacomb machines that have a nice playfield and backglass just jumped from $2k to $3k, and I wouldn’t be surprised that someone with a mint one will try to ride the wave and post one at $6k. We’ll see.

7,752 Doctor Who's produced. The guy who is getting the Catacomb will have an easy time replacing DW. Compared to an unknown quantity of Catacombs, cash aside, good trade.

#90 5 years ago

1983. In one of my other lives, Corvettes were focal point. A friend had completed a mild restoration, or rebuild, on a ‘57 Vette with dual four carburators.

I can’t remember the reason now but he started panicking about the money he had tied up. He got, and took a $10,000 offer.

Two weeks later the car was sold for $12K. Today, that car would be up in the six figure range.

The year before at the Bloomington Corvette Convention I was talking with the owner of a ‘57 that had just received Gold Certificate. He told me he had turned down a $25,000 offer.

Later on, I was telling an uncle of mine about this and his joke was “That was where two fools met.”

Time proved him wrong.

Today, it looks like a pinball machine is going to set a high price.

Which party will time prove to be the fool? The buyer? Or the seller? How clear is your crystal ball?

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Well $25,000 invested in the S&P500 in Dec 1982 would be worth a little under $800,000 today. But of course there are other things to consider, like the enjoyment of owning the car or a pin.

Hindsite is a wonderful thing. In 1982, you could have bought 30 Year U.S. Treasuries yielding 14.5%. If you would have bought $25K worth of treasuries and let them ride until maturity in 2012, your $25K would have turned into $1.5 million. Ask me if I would like to go back and have a 2nd try at the markets and what would I do differently. DELL, CSCO, AAPL,MSFT,AMZN.

#100 5 years ago

Stern's production schedule from IPDB:

9-79 Meteor 7939 units

1-80 Galaxy 4947
3-80 Ali 2971
3-80 Big Game 2713
5-80 Seawitch 2503
6-80 Cheetah 1223
8-80 Flight 2K 6301
8-80 Star Gazer 869
12-80 Nine Ball 2279

3-81 Lightning 2350
8-81 Split Second ???
10-81 Catacomb ???
10-81 Viper 438
11-81 Dragonfist 302

01-82 Iron Maiden 1200
??-82 Cue 6

With the numbers that are available, it is hard to imagine Catacomb being anywhere near 3000 units of production. Lighting came out with a mini bang in March and then nothing else at all until 5 months later with Split Second, as Stern was spiraling towards the drain. With a 5 month production gap and Stern gasping I'll throw my hat in the ring and say SS and Cat were both less than 1000 units each.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Maybe it's time to sell my interflip dragon! This shit must be worth 7 grand now!

Arcade in Oklahoma City has an Interflip Dragon that was NIB until two years ago. So, I got to play a new one. I like Dragon. There is a PAPA video of two clowns making a joke of it. Dragon is no joke. It will clean your plow. It's brutal.

But it ain't no Catacomb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 125.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-4?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.