MVIMG_20181014_205851 (resized).jpg
221BAFA0-B509-42ED-A8DC-1102EC90C14D (resized).jpeg
IMG_8251 (resized).JPG
IMG_8252 (resized).JPG
IMG_8250 (resized).JPG
IMG_8248 (resized).JPG
IMG_8247 (resized).JPG
IMG_8249 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#8 5 years ago

I have this game on my wish list, but damn, i’ve never seen one at this price.. Have they gone up recently? I know a couple of older Stern titles have been rocketing lately.

#12 5 years ago

LOL! It does look like a clean example, and they don’t come up very often, but I don’t really want to set the bar that high on a pin thats worth half of that or less. I might be wrong though. Anyone seen one sell lately?

#18 5 years ago

I just checked Pinside sales history and 2 of the last 3 sales were at $2k.. They were all done in 2017 though. None reported in ‘18. I think it could be worth $2500 - $2750. I don’t think this pin has the market value of a Quicksilver, but I’d like to have it.

#32 5 years ago

After some research into Mr Pinball stats.. There were 3943 Catacombs produced. Production numbers of more rare Stern pins of the same era - Quicksilver - 1201, Freefall - 1300, Cheetah - 1223, Star Gazer - 869, and Viper - 438. Even some early Stern machines that seem to come up fairly frequently like Big Game and Nine Ball were produced in smaller numbers than Catacomb. There are actually less Bally produced Fathoms and Centaurs than there are Catacombs. I really don’t think it can be considered rare.

#63 5 years ago

I think 1200 production is wishful thinking on a game owners part.. If you look at sales history on Pinside, the Catacomb comes up more often, and I’ve seen a few Catacombs come up on Craigslist postings. The only Craigslist postings you ever see on Quicksilver is people wanting to buy one. Mr Pinball put that 3943 in their price guide listings for a reason. Haven’t purchased a 2018 guide , so I don’t know if that number still remains.

blockquote cite="#4746593">That is 100% an error.
But, no one knows for sure the actual number produced.
I guessed around 1200 based on there seem to be about the same amount in private ownership as Quicksilver.
Someone else says 2200.
Who knows.
Sure ain't 3943 though.

#75 5 years ago

I PM’d Rillo about the sale of this Catacomb, and he said he actually is in the process of trading for a Doctor Who plus he received some cash difference.. He didn’t say how much. Not really sure of the value of DW’s but I think Pinside values them under $3k. I think some Doctor Who fans might be surprised that they would have to give up cash to get a Catacomb, but then again, this sale was a bit of an enigma. Maybe the trader just really wanted a nice Catacomb and has enough cash that he doesn’t care. Must be a nice situation! My guess is Catacomb machines that have a nice playfield and backglass just jumped from $2k to $3k, and I wouldn’t be surprised that someone with a mint one will try to ride the wave and post one at $6k. We’ll see.

#78 5 years ago

It’s Christmas! Might as well start a Bally trend..

Quoted from Colsond3:

I guess this listing/thread started a trend. Unrestored SBM’s with PF & cab wear apparently just jumped to be $2k+ games now as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-silverball-mania-21

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
$ 3.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powdevil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-4?tu=Powdevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.