MVIMG_20181014_205851 (resized).jpg
221BAFA0-B509-42ED-A8DC-1102EC90C14D (resized).jpeg
IMG_8251 (resized).JPG
IMG_8252 (resized).JPG
IMG_8250 (resized).JPG
IMG_8248 (resized).JPG
IMG_8247 (resized).JPG
IMG_8249 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Catacomb

Added: 2018-12-19 23:57:29 UTC • Ended: December 27th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 5,500

Item description

Selling the rare to find Stern Catacomb the game works 100% it's in good condition $5500

Item photos

IMG_8247 (resized).JPG
IMG_8249 (resized).JPG
IMG_8250 (resized).JPG
IMG_8248 (resized).JPG
IMG_8252 (resized).JPG
IMG_8251 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Rillo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Rillo's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Rockford, IL, US

#3 5 years ago

Whoa

#4 5 years ago

I don't know anything about this game. Are these good wows or WOW wows?

#5 5 years ago

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I don't know anything about this game. Are these good wows or WOW wows?

WOW WOW wows

No classic Stern has sold anywhere near this in public...that I know of (which isn;t the end all or anything).
I came looking to see if I had anything to trade by my IMDN + cash is a tad much for me now.

#8 5 years ago

I have this game on my wish list, but damn, i’ve never seen one at this price.. Have they gone up recently? I know a couple of older Stern titles have been rocketing lately.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Have they gone up recently?

WEll it does have SuperBands instaleld

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from Powdevil:
Have they gone up recently?

Game $1500, superbands $4K.

#11 5 years ago

Ahhhh....wait a second. I think this pretty much tells us Catacomb is going to be the new Stern vault!!!
Heard it here first

#12 5 years ago

LOL! It does look like a clean example, and they don’t come up very often, but I don’t really want to set the bar that high on a pin thats worth half of that or less. I might be wrong though. Anyone seen one sell lately?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those aren't Super Bands.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Those aren't Super Bands.

Diamond bands?

#16 5 years ago

$1000.00 at best. If the speech works and if the backbox has all the parts. A cool game, but most did not understand how to play it. I have restored a few and have made the wire gate for the backbox as I have an original spare to make more.

Hope you sell it.for a good price.

#17 5 years ago

I came in to look when it was first posted, but turned around and walked out...waiting for someone else to post about the price.

I came in expecting a full resto HEP Catacomb with cleared PF, chrome molding and coin door...and thought that’ll be worth a gander.

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

$1000.00 at best.

I don’t know about that low. You definitely don’t see them much anymore. I would say slightly more than 10 Benjamins.

#18 5 years ago

I just checked Pinside sales history and 2 of the last 3 sales were at $2k.. They were all done in 2017 though. None reported in ‘18. I think it could be worth $2500 - $2750. I don’t think this pin has the market value of a Quicksilver, but I’d like to have it.

#19 5 years ago

I sold my mint one for 2200

#20 5 years ago

I sold a nice one about 6 months ago for 3500

So those saying 1k are way off, but I sorry Rillo, I dont see 5500 either

#21 5 years ago

Sold a really nice shopped out one about 7-8 years ago for $800ish and the guy took three hours to decide. I guess he got a bargain after all.

John

#22 5 years ago

All you $800 to $1000 guys, I'm a buyer and will pay $200 finder's fee. Let me know where to pick it up.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I sold a nice one about 6 months ago for 3500
So those saying 1k are way off, but I sorry Rillo, I dont see 5500 either

When a non working quicksilver was sold for about 5k, why a better and a rare game like Catacomb can be 5500? I respect all the comments above, but Troy I don't think u can find one for 3500 or 4K right now!!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sold a really nice shopped out one about 7-8 years ago for $800ish and the guy took three hours to decide. I guess he got a bargain after all.
John

You got it!!! I bought a whitewater 9 years ago for $900 and sold a year later for 1100 I guess he got a bargain too.

#25 5 years ago

No price policing, right? How about conscience police? The nerve.

#26 5 years ago

any idea what the run is for catacomb?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

When a non working quicksilver was sold for about 5k, why a better and a rare game like Catacomb can be 5500? I respect all the comments above, but Troy I don't think u can find one for 3500 or 4K right now!!

Because

Quicksilver= very rare and a great game
Catacomb = rare and ok game.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Because

It's your opinion and it's ok. Some people like the games you like some people don't.

#29 5 years ago

Pretty sure the last couple I saw were mid 2s, in not dissimilar condition.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

Classic case of someone:
a) trying to take advantage of timing
and/or
b) trying to piggy-back on a highly desired, similar era machine produced by the same company

Common strategy.

#31 5 years ago

I sold my cat for 2k around 8 months ago, it wasn't as nice as this one but I dont see the 5.5k And quicksilver is a far rarer and better game then catacombs just look at the sales history.

#32 5 years ago

After some research into Mr Pinball stats.. There were 3943 Catacombs produced. Production numbers of more rare Stern pins of the same era - Quicksilver - 1201, Freefall - 1300, Cheetah - 1223, Star Gazer - 869, and Viper - 438. Even some early Stern machines that seem to come up fairly frequently like Big Game and Nine Ball were produced in smaller numbers than Catacomb. There are actually less Bally produced Fathoms and Centaurs than there are Catacombs. I really don’t think it can be considered rare.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Because

Production numbers are supposedly about the same.

Quoted from Powdevil:

After some research into Mr Pinball stats.. There were 3943 Catacombs produced. Production numbers of more rare Stern pins of the same era - Quicksilver - 1201, Freefall - 1300, Cheetah - 1223, Star Gazer - 869, and Viper - 438. Even some early Stern machines that seem to come up fairly frequently like Big Game and Nine Ball were produced in smaller numbers than Catacomb. There are actually less Bally produced Fathoms and Centaurs than there are Catacombs. I really don’t think it can be considered rare.

There were not 3943 produced. That is an error.

More likely around 1200.

#34 5 years ago

I have a judge dredd I've seen Adam's family going for over 6k and these are both WMS dmd games and judge dredd is rarer so my judge dredd is worth over 6k then.

Makes sense right?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I have a judge dredd I've seen Adam's family going for over 6k and these are both WMS dmd games and judge dredd is rarer so my judge dredd is worth over 6k then.
Makes sense right?

That simply defies all logic and is independent of this case considering it had been well documented that JD is a $1400 game lol

#37 5 years ago

http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Stern/
doesnt list the last few game numbers. I always heard back in the day that there were approx 2200 catacombs made.

#38 5 years ago

Well...maybe it's a $5500 game, after all?

#39 5 years ago

Um, wait. Um, I'm still going with "wishful thinking" on this price. In the grand scheme of pinball there is playability, availability, condition, location, and a slew of other factors. A game could sell for anything but there are probabilities associated with a lot of asking prices. When you compare it to new Stern money, I just don't see the demand for Catacomb holding up against that statistic. Could it happen? Yes, but it's not likely in this buyer's mind. If the game was 2500, I would consider it. Also noticed "trade". So that's fine.

You have to keep in mind that they aren't going to remake any Stern machines from the early 1980s. Oh wait, never mind... they just did this month. So, I guess anything is possible.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I really don’t think it can be considered rare.

Rare as in everybody doesn't own one.

#41 5 years ago

Sale Pending, tnx

#42 5 years ago

Congrats! I’ll be selling one soon.

#43 5 years ago

Going to reveal the sale price?

#44 5 years ago

I guess the value of a Catacomb just went up

No plans to sell mine though.

#45 5 years ago

For 5500 I’m sure plenty of ‘em will be for sale soon.....

Great game btw.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

For 5500 I’m sure plenty of ‘em will be for sale soon.....
Great game btw.

Although Whysnow will be quoting this thread to "prove" the value of Catacomb is now 5k (assuming he owns one and not looking for one), don't fool yourself. There is no way the buyer paid anywhere near the asking price. If so, send the buyer this way, I have a bridge to sell them.

#47 5 years ago

Remember, games over 30 years old , only 5 to 10 percent of the total produced remain. So one could say its rare.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Production numbers are supposedly about the same.

There were not 3943 produced. That is an error.
More likely around 1200.

All my Mr. Pinball guides show it at 3943.

#49 5 years ago

I just think its funny that all of these overpriced for sale ads usually end up quickly selling. I'd wager it didn't sell at all.

#50 5 years ago

So funny all the pricing comments. A game is worth what someone will pay. Plain and simple.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-catacomb-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.