Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3d5f99a027eaed7fba3112876ac64aab (resized).jpg
85281A79-2908-4595-9611-9CAB8C04C0F2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A62432C-FDD6-4D8D-A5D5-2B2D112F83A3 (resized).jpeg
C7E92E14-20F7-49DF-938D-5C7C143F6657 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

It's cheaper than the houses I've been shopping for. How much living space inside? Does it have a fridge?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

When I first saw the title and price, I thought it was Cactus Jack's arcade in Oklahoma. Boy, was I disappointed!

This is exactly where my mind went.

#53 3 years ago

I'm sure this person is just a troll, getting a big laugh out of everyone going crazy.

#54 3 years ago

as we did with him

#56 3 years ago

You’re

#57 3 years ago

This listing is just plain crazy.
Seriously, who shoots pool with croquet mallets?

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What??? No one has hit this with the ol " 100k by Christmas" yet?

100k by christmas!

#59 3 years ago

Best Buy it now
Let that equity build

#60 3 years ago

'bout time for a $50 price drop to move it.

#61 3 years ago

If he was smart, he'd replace the flipper rubbers, and call it "recently shopped".

He could then probably ask for about $2K more.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Interesting known fact, the prototypes were actually made from real cactus which is now illegal practice in Arizona. Hence the rarity and asking price.

I had a similar hypothesis and came to the conclusion that they are not made out of just any cactus, but a specific (largely illegal) species known for its ability to open the “Third-Eye” of those bold enough to consume it. This particular unit isn’t aimed at the masses here, we simply serve as clever and convenient “cover”! The true objective is to pass someone the illicit keys to unlock his/her consciousness; everything is pre-arranged, with the ridiculous price and identity of the game serving to both signal the intended recipient that the transaction is proceeding and to ensure that everyone else is sufficiently offended by the price to not bother contacting the seller...

(OK, now it’s someone else’s turn to write the next chapter in this unfolding saga.....)

(Edit: AFAIK Cactus Jack’s OKC is alive, well, and not for sale; they have been at the same location for at least 35-40 years and almost certainly own the building and assets outright at this point.)

1 week later
#63 3 years ago

You mean to tell me, no one has jumped on this incredible deal yet?!

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You mean to tell me, no one has jumped on this incredible deal yet?!

Maybe someone would trade a Big Lebowski and a Pirates LE plus cash towards it?

#65 3 years ago

Wish I was closer.

#66 3 years ago

He won’t take $31,000.

#67 3 years ago

Still for sale?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

He won’t take $31,000.

Of course not. I doubt you would sell a machine for $4K less than your asking price either.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Of course not. I doubt you would sell a machine for $4K less than your asking price either.

You could look at it as a percentage. Say, someone has a machine listed at $3500 and an offer comes for $3100, that might be considered.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I doubt you would sell a machine for $4K less than your asking price either.

Darn! There's a nice pin listed for $4500 on here and based on this thread I was going to offer him $4K less than he's asking for it.

#71 3 years ago

Usually if you can get 90% of your asking price it’s a pretty good result. In this case, 10% would be darn good.

#72 3 years ago

I think the funniest part is that OP thinks anyone gives a shit about serial #2. I don’t really care about S/Ns at all, but wouldn’t collectors want either #1 or the last known production #?

Every other number is just in the middle, like this one. That ain’t worth a $33,000 premium.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think the funniest part is that OP thinks anyone gives a shit about serial #2. I don’t really care about S/Ns at all, but wouldn’t collectors want either #1 or the last known production #?
Every other number is just in the middle, like this one. That ain’t worth a $33,000 premium.

Especially on a machine that isn't exactly popular...maybe if he had Addams Family #2 or MM #2 it would matter (of course, not $33K worth) - but not Cactus Jack.

Even if it was some sort of one-of-a-kind prototype, a Cactus Jack is still just...a Cactus Jack.

#74 3 years ago

Jeez I've always liked this pin so I clicked this thread to see how much. Ummm yeah hard pass for me. GLWTS.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

wouldn’t collectors want either #1...Every other number is just in the middle

Like Ricky Bobby said....if you ain't first, you're last!

#76 3 years ago

I know of a real nice one in florida asking 90 percent less...

1 week later
#77 3 years ago

Trending up!!!! Why have a JJP POTC, The Big Lebowski and Rick & Morty when you can have this unique, one of a kind Cactus Jacks....

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-jack-s-2/page/2?hl=one-armed-bandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.