(Topic ID: 335782)

For sale: Cactus Canyon (Remake - LE)

By Mrawesome44

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 12 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - pre-order spot

For sale: Cactus Canyon (Remake - LE)

Added: 2023-04-26 21:06:57 UTC • Ended: May 2nd, 2023
Condition: Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only)

Price

$ 10,400 (OBO)

Open for offers

If anyone is looking for a cactus canyon LE NIB I have one coming in soon that i will be selling. Not looking to scalp anyone just going to sell it for what i was charged. $10,400 after tax and shipping. Or if you would like the spot and order directly from the distributor. It would only be $2k deposit+$500 transfer fee. The game is already en route to distributor.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mrawesome44's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mrawesome44's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Glen Allen, VA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

#2 12 months ago

Fair deal ...
GLWS

#3 12 months ago

That new $500 flipper fee is OK if You're making a profit...But when You're selling spot at cost Distributor should waive it.

Think when You sell it You should post who the distributor is.

Actually think We should have a thread that lists all the distributors that do this.

GLWYS!!!

#4 12 months ago

PM sent.

Quoted from sepins:

That new $500 flipper fee is OK if You're making a profit...But when You're selling spot at cost Distributor should waive it.
Actually think We should have a thread that lists all the distributors that do this.
GLWYS!!!

It’s likely PinballStar. He’s charging everyone a transfer fee.

#5 12 months ago
Quoted from rai:

PM sent.

It’s likely PinballStar. He’s charging everyone a transfer fee.

Everybody is trying to grab money these days. I’d love to hear an explanation as to why a $500 fee is justified.

#6 12 months ago

They are not justified. Honestly look around - there are distributions that do not charge these fees. The majority of these guys carry inventory and do not drop ship games.

#7 12 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ad listing: For sale: Cactus Canyon (Remake - LE)

PM'd

#8 12 months ago

Transfer fee is the deal now, just like nonrefundable (or even moveable) deposits for games. Fortunately some distros have a low deposit (i.e. Zach) others not so much.

All of this is one of the reasons I am actually happier to purchase a "used" game. In addition the number of brand new games I see being sold in the marketplace where the seller has had it 1 week and there is less than 50 plays on the game = NIB to me (and I just don't get how you get a game for less than a week, barely play it and then sell it - most of the time at a loss. Why bother getting it?).

But yes the transfer fee thing really irks the heck out of me.

#9 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

In addition the number of brand new games I see being sold in the marketplace where the seller has had it 1 week and there is less than 50 plays on the game = NIB to me (and I just don't get how you get a game for less than a week, barely play it and then sell it - most of the time at a loss. Why bother getting it?).

me too .....

#10 12 months ago
Quoted from sepins:

GLWYS!!!

Some pre-order games can switch hands 2 or 3 times before shipping due to people changing their mind, wanting to make a few bucks, changing the trim level or finding another one that is much further up in production. Each time the company has to make changes to the order, its time they can be using to do something else. They don't make much at all on new games, so the more time they take the less profit there is.

#11 12 months ago
Quoted from Homebar124:

Some pre-order games can switch hands 2 or 3 times before shipping due to people changing their mind, wanting to make a few bucks, changing the trim level or finding another one that is much further up in production. Each time the company has to make changes to the order, its time they can be using to do something else. They don't make much at all on new games, so the more time they take the less profit there is.

That’s the entire point of a distributor - customer service. This isn’t a new concept… they’re the go between between the customer and the manufacturer. That’s built into their cut.

It’s silly to think that they’re so burdened by requests that $500 is needed to perform a 10 min task. And if it’s that much of a deal, then they need to re-evaluate their process and come up with a better plan on how to handle things.

Frankly, it’s totally off putting to have $ threats at every turn, particularly when you’re forking money over, up front. Pretty soon they’ll roll out service fees just to place an order.

#12 12 months ago

A transfer is just part of doing business. To try and charge $500 is just wrong.

Especially when someone like Joe at PinballStar gets the benefit of selling a few hundred pinball machines for spooky.

Hire an assistant

I like Joe he’s a good guy but there are others out there for Spooky AND since he gets the lions share many people are pushed to the back of the line in those slots when other less traveled options are available.

I wouldn’t play the potluck get a spot game with anybody.

What goes around. The tide will turn.

#13 12 months ago

Pinballstar is not the distributor but Joe is an amazing guy nonetheless. I think transfer fees are bogus as also nonrefundable deposits as well. But many distributors clearly have it listed and if you still choose to put money down then the risk is on you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-remake-le-27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.