Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Magicchiz
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cactus_solidworks_(resized).jpg
cactus_canyon_plaque_straight_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 375

for sale

Cactus Canyon numbered plaques

Added: September 15th, 2015 Re-listed: 2 times Ended: March 31st, 2016
Condition: New

Item description

Cactus Canyon special collectors edition numbered plaques. I have
these numbers.
Price is per each plaque.

Item photos

image.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Atlanta, GA, US

Seller insights

These are thepinballworks's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to thepinballworks's stats page

#2 4 years ago

are these made out of gold?

why are they not on the original game?

#3 4 years ago

From what I understand they where sent out after the games left the factory. It took me some time to find the one with my game number on it.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

From what I understand they where sent out after the games left the factory. It took me some time to find the one with my game number on it.

so how did you end up with 4 of them not your game #?

#5 4 years ago

Pictured in this listing is a numbered Special Collectors Edition Plate made of cast aluminum. Tom Kopera told us that they had planned to have a production run of 925 so that was the quantity of plates that they had ordered to be made. The plates were supposed to be affixed to every game (first game made to have plate number 001, 50th game made to have number 050, etc.) but the plates were late in the making and 70% of the games were shipped out to distributors before anybody realized the plates had not caught up with the games. Williams ended up giving the plates to distributors to match up to the games each had received, but in the end some distributors received the plates and some did not. The rush to switch over to Pinball 2000 may have been a factor in this.

This is from IPDB.

#6 4 years ago

very interesting

#7 4 years ago

My game is #349 if anyone out there has that plate number.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pictured in this listing is a numbered Special Collectors Edition Plate made of cast aluminum. Tom Kopera told us that they had planned to have a production run of 925 so that was the quantity of plates that they had ordered to be made. The plates were supposed to be affixed to every game (first game made to have plate number 001, 50th game made to have number 050, etc.) but the plates were late in the making and 70% of the games were shipped out to distributors before anybody realized the plates had not caught up with the games. Williams ended up giving the plates to distributors to match up to the games each had received, but in the end some distributors received the plates and some did not. The rush to switch over to Pinball 2000 may have been a factor in this.
This is from IPDB.

This is the story I also heard. Thanks.

Quoted from Whysnow:

so how did you end up with 4 of them not your game #?

I have purchased, sold and traded them over the years to find the ones I needed. At the time I had a couple of CC's and was trying to find the right #'s for them. Down to the one now.

#9 4 years ago

How do you know your game number? Is it the last three numbers of your serial number?

#10 4 years ago

I'm looking for #529

#11 4 years ago

A little more info on the game and plaques here,

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2006/index8.html

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

I'm looking for #529

I am guessing anyone with a decent 3d printer could help all you guys out.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing anyone with a decent 3d printer could help all you guys out.

by selling it and buying them a plaque?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

by selling it and buying them a plaque?

by reprinting the ones people need. It appears to be a pretty simple piece and while not the original material, a decent reproduction could be made with each number.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

by reprinting the ones people need. It appears to be a pretty simple piece and while not the original material, a decent reproduction could be made with each number.

It's a collectable. I think the idea is to have the original.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's a collectable. I think the idea is to have the original.

oh. I thought this was like everything else on our games where we make them nicer or use a good reproduction when the original can not be found?

To each their own, but if you own a CC and your plaque does not exist then a 3D printer is a nice viable option.

If these are selling for $400 then someone should just restamp a blank plate and make all the missing numbers. (In all reality how would one tell the difference between an original plaque and a good reproduction? maybe it has alreayd been done?)

#17 4 years ago

I heard that most of these were tossed in the garbage but retrieved by someone in Europe. I do not know how true that is. Either way they are rare.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There were actually metal repros done a few years ago. Cast just like the originals. They looked identical IIRC.

#19 4 years ago

I'm looking for plaque number 806.

For the last five years I've never seen anyone with that one for sale. Guess I'll have to keep looking!

#20 4 years ago

Anybody have #776

#21 4 years ago

I need 001

#22 4 years ago

I have plaque #788 and am looking for the owner of that game.

1 week later
#23 3 years ago

Anybody have a #732 plaque for a cc?

#24 3 years ago

I am looking for #584. Anybody?

#25 3 years ago

I am looking for # 852 for CC

#26 3 years ago

Where do you find your #

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where do you find your #

Last 3 digits of your game's serial number.

#28 3 years ago

I am looking for #875.
Thanks
Kyle

1 month later
#29 3 years ago

Monthly bump.

#30 3 years ago

i think 3d printing your number is the way to go. who the hell would know the difference? unless you actually went and rubbed the plaque. Even then it would be hard to tell when mounted on the game. Looks original, functional. That's what you need. All the added aftermarket shit people pile in games already, with aftermarket this, LED's and other shit. Having a 3d plaque is the least of your problems.

2 months later
#31 3 years ago

If someone is willing to 3D print, I would buy 852 at a reasonable price! Please PM me

image_(resized).jpeg

#33 3 years ago

Lol. Just saw pic and was thinking why the hell does he want 852.

#34 3 years ago

My cc didn't last long in my collection but it had the matching original plaque. Plaque did add value when I sold for what it's worth.

#35 3 years ago

I have 719. need 829.

#36 3 years ago

If anyone has 658 please let me know...

#37 3 years ago

I need 172. The real deal or a 3D print.

#38 3 years ago

Looking for 906
Magicchiz

1 week later
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i think 3d printing your number is the way to go. who the hell would know the difference? unless you actually went and rubbed the plaque. Even then it would be hard to tell when mounted on the game

I don't know you'd want to directly 3d print with filament (though shapeways does offer direct stainless steel printing), which I've gotten and does look decent, especially if you get polished:
http://www.shapeways.com/materials/steel

They also do brass:
http://www.shapeways.com/materials/brass

If someone wants to give me accurate hole spacing (vertical and horizontal), and maybe outside L X W dimensions so I can get the aspect correct, I'd be willing to make an STL file

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know you'd want to directly 3d print with filament (though shapeways does offer direct stainless steel printing), which I've gotten and does look decent, especially if you get polished:
http://www.shapeways.com/materials/steel
They also do brass:
http://www.shapeways.com/materials/brass
If someone wants to give me accurate hole spacing (vertical and horizontal), and maybe outside L X W dimensions so I can get the aspect correct, I'd be willing to make an STL file

I had started on the lettering as reckon a metal print would be ideal and then Shapeways offers a customization as well so where the box is for a stamped number people can add their particular serial number at Shapeways and at a guess reckon a steel make in the 24karat gold plated would be around the $60.

#41 3 years ago

That would be great! Maybe someone can give the dimensions to toyotaboy, so we can make this happen? (I don't have a plaque, sorry)

#42 3 years ago

So is there anyway to tell the difference between a original and the reproduction that Robert was speaking of? Also my guess there would be a $ Difference of worth. But I see these go for trade, up to $300. It would be nice to know if I found a original it not. I have not found my number yet. 906
Magicchiz

#43 3 years ago

I have #774 if anyone needs it and orginal goodie bag with two sets of slingshot plastics sealed inside!

#44 3 years ago

I have CC #163...missing numbered plaque.

#45 3 years ago

Might as well add these too.
I have 405, but need 574

Thanks!!

#46 3 years ago

Can we see pictures of everybody's plaque and if there are any markings on the back of them. Trying to see if we can spot a difference in original plaques vs. a reproduction one.
Magicchiz

#47 3 years ago

Does anyone on here know that they have a reproduction one?
Magicchiz

#48 3 years ago

bump to see if these are all originals or not?
Magicchiz

#49 3 years ago

Does anyone have more info about those that were remade ? I've never heard about them

I made one for myself a few years ago, see http://flippersbe.blogspot.be/2012/08/cactus-canyon-collectors-plate.html
but it was in plastic, not metal..

#50 3 years ago

If I am going to spend $375 on a collector plaque. I sure hope to he'll that it is a original.
Magicchiz

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside