Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by 3pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

333B35F9-FDD5-453B-847E-F226AA5C101A (resized).jpeg
P1010737 (resized).jpeg
P1010736 (resized).jpeg
P1010735 (resized).jpeg
P1010734 (resized).jpeg
P1010730 (resized).jpeg
P1010728 (resized).jpeg
P1010727 (resized).jpeg
P1010726 (resized).jpeg
P1010725 (resized).jpeg
P1010723 (resized).jpeg
P1010722 (resized).jpeg
P1010719 (resized).jpeg
P1010718 (resized).jpeg
P1010717 (resized).jpeg
P1010716 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago

There is no doubt that the remakes have affected the market value of the originals. I've owned both and find that the remakes are hands down the better games. That being said I realize there are many pinball "purists" out there that will always want the originals, which I can totally understand.

#52 9 months ago

Dang, what I will never get is the lengths people will go to argue their point. Make a statement, rebut it once, maybe twice if new info was brought in, and agree to disagree. You are not going to make everyone see either side of an argument. I just don't have the energy to argue like some do I guess.

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that the remakes have affected the market value of the originals. I've owned both and find that the remakes are hands down the better games. That being said I realize there are many pinball "purists" out there that will always want the originals, which I can totally understand.

How are the remakes better? My findings have been the opposite.

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

How are the remakes better? My findings have been the opposite.

Seems to be personal taste or opinion either way.

#55 9 months ago

Great examples of AFM/MB/MM were becoming woefully expensive. Remakes give more people the opportunity to enjoy these classic games. Aesthetically, they are awesome. Hard to argue otherwise.

The debate regarding remakes is about serviceability, longevity, and game play. Because the pinball platform (I.e. board set, power supplies, etc.) is wildly different, it’s not surprising there are subtle differences that may or may not be appreciated by some players. Would be really interested in hearing the opinions of the top tier players to see what they think!

#56 9 months ago

Well there is one thing for certain, there nothing like a healthy debate to get a nice game sold on the forum!

#57 9 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Well there is one thing for certain, there nothing like a healthy debate to get a nice game sold on the forum!

Agreed. Go start a debate in my TRON FS ad (with the exception of telling me my price is too high

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Agreed. Go start a debate in my TRON FS ad (with the exception of telling me my price is too high

If this Tron was on the east coast, it would have probably been sold already.

#59 9 months ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Dang, what I will never get is the lengths people will go to argue their point. Make a statement, rebut it once, maybe twice if new info was brought in, and agree to disagree. You are not going to make everyone see either side of an argument. I just don't have the energy to argue like some do I guess.

Well then stop arguing about it!

1 month later
#60 8 months ago

Playfield looks awesome on this Game!!!!

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside