P1010726 (resized).jpeg
P1010725 (resized).jpeg
P1010723 (resized).jpeg
P1010722 (resized).jpeg
P1010719 (resized).jpeg
P1010718 (resized).jpeg
P1010717 (resized).jpeg
P1010716 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Cactus Canyon Continued

Added: 2019-07-30 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (September 26th, 2019) • Ended: October 9th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 10,750

Item description

Up for your consideration is a Cactus Canyon Continued in fantastic condition working 100% with some tasteful upgrades. Decals and cabinet near mint, and the playfield has very little wear. Mods include upgraded speakers/sub, mountain/waterfall, lit beer can, cliffy protectors and pinstadium lights. Also included is the correctly numbered Special Edition plate from the fine folk @ Pinball Plating

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Item photos

IMG_2302 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2303 (resized).jpeg
P1010709 (resized).jpeg
P1010710 (resized).jpeg
P1010712 (resized).jpeg
P1010713 (resized).jpeg
P1010714 (resized).jpeg
P1010715 (resized).jpeg
P1010716 (resized).jpeg
P1010717 (resized).jpeg
P1010718 (resized).jpeg
P1010719 (resized).jpeg
P1010722 (resized).jpeg
P1010723 (resized).jpeg
P1010725 (resized).jpeg
P1010726 (resized).jpeg
P1010727 (resized).jpeg
P1010728 (resized).jpeg
P1010730 (resized).jpeg
P1010734 (resized).jpeg
P1010735 (resized).jpeg
P1010736 (resized).jpeg
P1010737 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are adamross's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to adamross's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 10,750

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Los Angeles, CA, US

#2 4 years ago

Forgot to list Cliffy protectors. Come 'n get it!

#3 4 years ago

Weekend bump!

#4 4 years ago

$500 price reduction bump. Yes, rumors abound of the remake but those will not include Erik's amazing continued code.

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Price reduction bump. Shit just got real.

#6 4 years ago

Great Deal for this one!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Price reduction bump. Shit just got real.

SJGR bump

333B35F9-FDD5-453B-847E-F226AA5C101A (resized).jpeg333B35F9-FDD5-453B-847E-F226AA5C101A (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago

Damn good price! A lot less than I paid for mine!

#9 4 years ago

Stunning !
Will be gone by this weekend.

if only........................

#10 4 years ago

CGC rumors must be taking their toll...

#11 4 years ago

There are LOTS of CGC rumors. . . .

#12 4 years ago

Who cares if CGC remakes it? The CGC remakes play awful when compared with an original in stunning condition (like this example)!

I have a similar “problem” trying to sell a gorgeous TRON. Folks appear to be waiting for Stern to do a TRON VE! Please. Again, nothing like an “original”. Even if a VE is produced, the quality won’t be the same (and it certainly won’t come with all the goodies that most of us add).

In any event, this is a great opportunity for someone.

#13 4 years ago

I sold this machine to OP. The original decals were in very good shape with little wrinkling, but my OCD wanted new. Continued system was made by Eric and looks great how he puts it together. I like Andre's Beer mug and mountain/waterfall mods. Tombstone shooter rod is cool in person. I needed to sell a pin to pay unexpected bills that came my way and this was it. I'm with Snaroff in thinking that the remake will never play like this, much less they won't be able to use the Continued software. I would buy it back if I had the money. I liked machine and never had an issue with it while owning it. It was just a solid machine.

#14 4 years ago

This game is priced over 10K, not every collector has the $$$, especially during the summer to fork over. This is indeed a beautiful example but it is going to take the right buyer. Allot of the people chiming in are owners of CC and I assume that they have a personal interest in the game holding its value, rightfully so. The remakes have definitely took a toll on AFM and MB, likely because of the bling factor and the topper on the LE version. I dont think they play awful and they certainly shrunk the value of original AFM's and MB, so there has to be something about the pins that people like. Either way I would love to own this piece, but I will wait patiently for a remake, if it ever comes.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

This game is priced over 10K, not every collector has the $$$, especially during the summer to fork over. This is indeed a beautiful example but it is going to take the right buyer. Allot of the people chiming in are owners of CC and I assume that they have a personal interest in the game holding its value, rightfully so. The remakes have definitely took a toll on AFM and MB, likely because of the bling factor and the topper on the LE version. I dont think they play awful and they certainly shrunk the value of original AFM's and MB, so there has to be something about the pins that people like. Either way I would love to own this piece, but I will wait patiently for a remake, if it ever comes.

FWIW, I don’t currently own a CCC (though I’ve owned the title in the past).

I owned a HEP AFM and an AFMrLE at the same time. No comparison in how the games played. On the AFMrLE, lots of air balls and balls falling off ramps. Also had problems with the shooter lane not functioning properly. Impressed with the topper/aesthetics, however was disappointed in the gameplay.

I realize nothing I say will change the mind of someone that wants a brand new game. I prefer original, natural beauties over remakes AND restorations. From my perspective, they just play best.

#16 4 years ago

I feel like far more people rave about the remakes than criticize the game play. I'm not really interested in CC in any form but it's interesting to see owners of originals try to cope with lost value. No argument saying a 20 year old game with thousands and thousands of plays is better than a new game is very convincing, but then there are people who prefer original models I guess. I just don't see anyone paying 5 figures for any game that's a potential remake.

#17 4 years ago

I don't have funds for a remake or original of any of the mentioned titles, but if I were given an opportunity to choose, I would personally take an original. I like being able to work on a game if something were to fry a component on a board. I also like having the ability to change a bulb, should one burn out.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I also like having the ability to change a bulb, should one burn out.

LEDs don't really burn out though...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

LEDs don't really burn out though...

In theory. Check back in 20 - 30 years and see how many still work.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I sold this machine to OP. The original decals were in very good shape with little wrinkling, but my OCD wanted new. Continued system was made by Eric and looks great how he puts it together. I like Andre's Beer mug and mountain/waterfall mods. Tombstone shooter rod is cool in person. I needed to sell a pin to pay unexpected bills that came my way and this was it. I'm with Snaroff in thinking that the remake will never play like this, much less they won't be able to use the Continued software. I would buy it back if I had the money. I liked machine and never had an issue with it while owning it. It was just a solid machine.

Love this game. Cowboy vs aliens never gets old. Only reason I’m selling is to make room for incoming new games. I hope rumors of a remake are true so more people can experience it. The biggest unknown is what they are planning to do with the code since the original was incomplete.

#21 4 years ago

Great looking game. Price is fair with the tasteful mods and by far the more important element - finished code.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Great looking game. Price is fair with the tasteful mods and by far the more important element - finished code.

Price is fair? It’s actually a great price!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned a HEP AFM.... I prefer original, natural beauties over remakes AND restorations. From my perspective, they just play best.

Not sure I follow....are you saying an original AFM untouched plays better than your HEP restoration?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not sure I follow....are you saying an original AFM untouched plays better than your HEP restoration?

An HEP Game is a restored Original.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It depends. My experience is “fresh” restorations require a “dialing in” period that doesn’t always happen (depends on the collector/situation).

I purchased a “fresh” Keller restoration of MM from a collectors that never actually played it. Took me 2-4 weeks to fully dial it in. Some of the original switches were installed! (And didn’t work!). Fortunately, Keller stood behind the work and sent me new switches to install.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Price is fair? It’s actually a great price!

Why?

#27 4 years ago

Because it’s in great condition, it’s an original, continued code will not be in a remake, it’s available now, it’s less than I paid and because I say so!

#28 4 years ago

It should be obvious...

#29 4 years ago

Bought a decent CCC from a klover two years ago for 11k. This here seems like a really nice deal.

Very fun and rare game. Always a pleasure saving Pauly from her impending doom.

The super skill shot is one of my favorite skill shots in pinball.

Alien vs Cowboy multiball never gets old. Sherrif calls out "Nice Loopin Sir!" Then some crazy Dubstep/ techno straight out of Deadpool starts thumping. The drop targets turn to marvin martians and the ramp shots turn into saucers on the dmd.

Lots of fun and smiles to be had with CCC.

#30 4 years ago

CCC draws the plays in my game room. I have people come over to look at or play another machine and all they want to do is Play CC. (Especially if they have never played it before) Then lots of comments usually "Got to Have Me One Of These" .

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Because it’s in great condition, it’s an original, continued code will not be in a remake, it’s available now, it’s less than I paid and because I say so!

Well, then, the market will no doubt have your back on this.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, then, the market will no doubt have your back on this.

It does.

Case in point - I have an original with CCC which I wouldn't part with for what the OP is selling his at, and a remake won't change my thinking on this. This is the sort of listing that just has to find the right buyer. Eventually that will happen. GLWTS.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Who cares if CGC remakes it?

Buyers do. Nib compared to 20 year old? Does original play better? Yes. Boards easier to service? Yes. Better overall quality? Yes.

Meh. What do buyers know anyways? Glws.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

This is the sort of listing that just has to find the right buyer.

In other words, someone who knows how rare CC is but also knows nothing about the remakes... Probably very few people in that category.

#35 4 years ago

It doesn’t. The game hasn’t sold yet. When it does then you can say it does. :p

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Buyers do. Nib compared to 20 year old? Does original play better? Yes. Boards easier to service? Yes. Better overall quality? Yes.
Meh. What do buyers know anyways? Glws.

Yep. Despite my remake skepticism, I still bought AFMrLE and gave it a whirl (not usually a topper guy, but I got suckered in.

My "issues" are what resulted in the long-winded firmware/chip update in the early days of AFMr. I'm sure they've improved things since then, but it's fair to say my experience with AFMrLE was painful (to be polite).

As you say, "What do buyers know anyways?"!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

When it does then you can say it does. :p

It does because many others have sold in similar or worse condition for more money.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It does because many others have sold in similar or worse condition for more money.

Not that I could find in recent pinside archives. Most don’t sell or sell somewhere else. The last two with prices were $10,200 and $9500.

#39 4 years ago

The market is not limited to Pinside. Pinside isnt even a fraction of the market

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The market is not limited to Pinside. Pinside isnt even a fraction of the market

I’m open to seeing other sources if you can link them. eBay has no recent sold I could find either.

#41 4 years ago

Point is moot since remake wouldn’t have continued code, so different game.

#42 4 years ago

In 10/2016, I sold my HEP CCC for 14k (to a retailer, who then marked it up and sold it for > 15k...don't know the exact number).

I realize it's almost 3 years ago, but it's still an interesting data point...

#43 4 years ago

Looks like she's heading to Alaska! Sold for current price. Thanks all!

#44 4 years ago

Wow thats awesome....I bet thats not cheap to ship

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow thats awesome....I bet thats not cheap to ship

I would love to know shipping cost too. Would like to ship a couple games up here myself.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Pinside isnt even a fraction of the market

As small as you think it may be, it is still a fraction of the market!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

It does.
Case in point - I have an original with CCC which I wouldn't part with for what the OP is selling his at, and a remake won't change my thinking on this. This is the sort of listing that just has to find the right buyer. Eventually that will happen. GLWTS.

You not selling your machine isn’t a case in point at all. If you had sold your machine recently for $11k, or thereabouts, or whatever you think it’s worth, yes. But you not selling your game isn’t indicative of anything. And I’ll bet you dollars to donuts you’ll never sell you’re game for what you want to (or think it’s worth).

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

In 10/2016, I sold my HEP CCC for 14k (to a retailer, who then marked it up and sold it for > 15k...don't know the exact number).
I realize it's almost 3 years ago, but it's still an interesting data point...

Not really. The market has changed considerably since formerly unobtanium machines are either being produced new, or planned to be.

Congrats to the OP, but to the rest of the hypesters, Alaska isn’t exactly a referendum on market value. The buyer obviously likes Cactus Canyon more than the three used machines in Alaska and current NIB offerings.

#49 4 years ago

Wow Alaska! The market has spoken.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not really. The market has changed considerably since formerly unobtanium machines are either being produced new, or planned to be.
Congrats to the OP, but to the rest of the hypesters, Alaska isn’t exactly a referendum on market value. The buyer obviously likes Cactus Canyon more than the three used machines in Alaska and current NIB offerings.

Since you seem to know so much, why don’t you lecture us on how the market has changed. Also, when you use the term market, are you referring to Pinside?

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-continued-3/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.