Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gregfilek
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0046_(resized).JPG
IMG_0043_(resized).JPG
IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
IMG_0047_(resized).JPG
IMG_0040_(resized).JPG
IMG_0037_(resized).JPG
DSC_0285_(resized).JPG
DSC_0286[1]_(resized).JPG
DSC_0295[1]_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perfectflaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#7 3 years ago

Imagine spending over $8,000 big ones and looking down at this when you go to play it. Wow

DSC_0285_(resized).JPG

#12 3 years ago

I don't think it is worth more then $4K, seriously guys, the entire thing is in terrible shape.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sadly you are probably right. Not a title you see for sale very often.
Why are the remaking AFM again instead of this one? Boggles the mind.

He is not right, or else it would have been sold already.

I have been buying and restoring pins for over 20 years. The problem with this machine is the unknowns. When a machine is kept in such poor shape and clearly never maintained, and just beat up over and over again - you have no idea what other 'gremlins' could be in there. The boards are probably ready to go out, wires might be hacked up just to get working, playfield is completely hammered, makeshift repairs that probably screwed other things up, etc.

This example is not worth the asking price for the simple reason no one knows how much it would take to get it in decent condition again. Just because it is a rare game does not make it valuable. This is not a car, its a game. A game that was neglected its entire life and now has an asking price as much as a brand new Hobbit LE and Ghostbusters LE New In Box game, WITH shipping costs. You must really want a Cactus Canyon if you will pay that for a machine in this condition.

BTW I bought my Cactus Canyon in 8/10 shape from a guy on Craigslist 6 months ago for $9K. If you want a CC just be patient and wait for the right deal.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

One thing he seems good at...

Absolutely not.

Why don't you spend $8,000 on a game that might take another $5,000 to fix, along with 100+ hours of labor?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I just bought one and with the ccc it is spectacular.an old Williams classic with new software. Thanks Eric!
I think the price is not far off as a base machine from a full restore. Whoever buys it ,provided the boards are solid, and restores will have a beautiful ccc for the right price IMHO. The playfield, ramps, decals and proc are the big expense items but if you do the labor yourself it's worth it.

I think for $5500-6K it would be worth the work and the unknowns of how deep you would need to dig into restoring this thing.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Doesn't this get old? The constant bickering back and forth when something goes up for sale. Nobody is right or wrong until the market reveals the truth. You're all just guessing on some level, which is fine.
This pin has been for sale for 1 day like Levi said. And yes, he's right that when a pin sells immediately that person could have gotten more. But you could count on 1 finger the number of people in America who have been waiting forever to buy a CC to restore and decided if one beat the hell machine pops up around 8K, they'll be all over it.
And they do come up for sale, yikes: ebay.com link ยป Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Bally Collectors Condition W Plaque
Here's my guess and I may be way off. At this price it won't sell. 7K and it's gone.

You sound like a nagging housewife, but honestly we all know a woman would never type that- clearly you are a guy hiding behind that alias

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

IMO location is the biggest problem here. Its priced fairly but most will have to deal with international shipping. That will definitely require the right buyer and means he will have closer to 9k in it. If this were in one of the big cities in the US this would be gone.
GLWTS Op, probably require some patience.

The biggest problem here is that it is a machine in terrible condition that was neglected its entire life, with an asking price of $8,250. Most buyers these days would rather buyer a new in box machine for that money then a beat up 20+ year old clunker needing an overhaul.. sorry.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What, a woman can't discuss pinball?
When you do that, you Can Aide A old-school, sexist attitude that isn't welcome here!!!
I for one appreciate Lady Slingshot's willingness to mix it up with the boys and provide us with insightful opinions and information, and she is welcome here as far as I am concerned!

Do you really think it's a "she" ? I think you might be the only person here not picking it up that it is not a woman behind that account.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lady Slingshot effuses femininity and I will not have you besmirch her good name! Shame on you!

Ok, I like your style

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from gregfilek:

Just to clarify things, I only collect tax if the game is picked up or delivered in Canada. IF sold in BC 12% anywhere else in Canada 5%, No tax if the game is shipped outside of Canada

Clarification is needed about the extremely high asking price of such a poor quality example of this game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perfectflaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside