IMG_0043_(resized).JPG
IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
IMG_0047_(resized).JPG
IMG_0040_(resized).JPG
IMG_0037_(resized).JPG
DSC_0285_(resized).JPG
DSC_0286[1]_(resized).JPG
DSC_0295[1]_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Unless you're importing one from overseas.

How much can you get one from overseas??? Shipping can't be cheap so I would be shocked to be able to get one from overseas for around this price. Possible probably but not common.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

clearly you are a guy hiding behind that alias

Aaaah...the memories,like a bad rash that keeps coming back.
Mike

#53 7 years ago

Location is a problem, OP is literally at the edge of the Rockies in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't help Canadian buyers either as they have to pay taxes instead of being a cash deal so you have to add between 5 and 13% extra to the price tag + shipping. For me this would cost close to

$8,250US (asking) x 1.35 conversion = $11137 x 2.5% exchange rate fee (gotta love the banks) = $11415 x 13%(my tax bracket) = $12898 + 250ish to ship = $13148CDN

Then you have to add:

- $300US for the decals
- 30 hrs for decal stripdown and cab prep and repaint, the lower corner on the right side of that backbox will need attention.
- $1200US new playfield
- 30-50 hours just to swap the pieces (polish, clean , tumble etc...)

These types of restores people want the game to look as new or even better than new so if someone is going to do this they'll have to go all the way. $1500US in parts... (coils, sleeves, coin door, lockdownbar, speaker //love that they are still screws attach to the sub magnet in the pictures// rubbers, balls, starpost, flipper rebuilds etc...)

So without counting the time it takes to do the restore the game is essentially priced

$17198CDN and that's even before you pick up a screwdriver or tool to fix this thing. Who ever picks this up will be working for free and will keep this game for a long time.

You could also consider that they could perhaps resell some of the used parts but that still doesn't leave enough meat on the the bone. I know this is asking and not a firm price, and people can deal with the seller.

If this thing is moving it will be south or local.

EDIT: Forgot that this could be dealt with in CDN dollars so the exchange rate fee or conversion rate might not apply.

#54 7 years ago

^^^^^ I know not the place for this,I am not looking to ruin your for sale ad, I apologize.
Mike

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

You sound like a nagging housewife, but honestly we all know a woman would never type that- clearly you are a guy hiding behind that alias

What, a woman can't discuss pinball?

When you do that, you Can Aide A old-school, sexist attitude that isn't welcome here!!!

I for one appreciate Lady Slingshot's willingness to mix it up with the boys and provide us with insightful opinions and information, and she is welcome here as far as I am concerned!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^^^^ I know not the place for this,I am not looking to ruin your for sale ad, I apologize.
Mike

Just being realistic

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When you do that, you Can Aide A old-school, sexist attitude that isn't welcome here!!!
I for one appreciate Lady Slingshot's willingness to mix it up with the boys and provide us with insightful opinions and information, and she is welcome here as far as I am concerned!

Do you really think it's a "she" ? I think you might be the only person here not picking it up that it is not a woman behind that account.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Do you really think it's a "she" ? I think you might be the only person here not picking it up that it is not a woman behind that account.

Lady Slingshot effuses femininity and I will not have you besmirch her good name! Shame on you!

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lady Slingshot effuses femininity and I will not have you besmirch her good name! Shame on you!

Ok, I like your style

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

sexist attitude that isn't welcome here!!!

Is that your friends way of getting around the previous banned screen name? I guess it is what it is but I for sure remember the same typing of words as previous.
A tiger can't change his stripes!!!
Mike

#61 7 years ago

(or a pretender)

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Canadian buyers either as they have to pay taxes instead of being a cash deal

Why would you have to pay tax it's a private sale?

Edit just re read the ad. wonder why he's charging that is he a buisness?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Why would you have to pay tax it's a private sale?

It's written right up there in the ad

#64 7 years ago

Just to clarify things, I only collect tax if the game is picked up or delivered in Canada. IF sold in BC 12% anywhere else in Canada 5%, No tax if the game is shipped outside of Canada

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from gregfilek:

Just to clarify things, I only collect tax if the game is picked up or delivered in Canada. IF sold in BC 12% anywhere else in Canada 5%, No tax if the game is shipped outside of Canada

Clarification is needed about the extremely high asking price of such a poor quality example of this game.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Clarification is needed about the extremely high asking price of such a poor quality example of this game.

Pinside member for two days and already an idiot... but I'm guessing its just a bogus account he's hiding behind. Probably one of the long term idiots posing as a new idiot... still an idiot!

GLWTS OP!

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I don't think the price is that much out of line at all. Yeah it needs some work, but it appears to be complete and working. If it wasn't so far away it might be a fun project to work on. I'm sure he has some wiggle room on price, but it's not like he's hiding anything from a potential buyer. I commend him for that.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I don't think the price is that much out of line at all. Yeah it needs some work, but it appears to be complete and working. If it wasn't so far away it might be a fun project to work on. I'm sure he has some wiggle room on price, but it's not like he's hiding anything from a potential buyer. I commend him for that.

Yep, I agree... location is the main problem here. It will sell soon.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well now I'm curious as to whether Lady Slingshot is indeed a lady or a man. She has no pics or anything on her profile page. Are there any other ladies here besides Blondetall? It would be fun to hear a woman's point of view.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well now I'm curious as to whether Lady Slingshot is indeed a lady or a man. She has no pics or anything on her profile page. Are there any other ladies here besides Blondetall? It would be fun to hear a woman's point of view.

Well, Lady Slingshot is pretty close.

#71 7 years ago

#72 7 years ago

Yep, probabally Kaneda finding his / err I mean her true self

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Are there any other ladies here besides Blondetall?

I can count the active Pinside females on my fingers and have leftovers. There's me, PavBall, HumanFemale, Cait001, ButterflyGirl24, Quiddity, and Ms_Mezelmods.

Quoted from zr11990:

It would be fun to hear a woman's point of view.

Probably not, being that we're all just nagging housewives that know nothing about pinball at all.

#74 7 years ago

Awe dude, really. That is disgusting.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I can count the active Pinside females on my fingers and have leftovers. There's me, PavBall, HumanFemale, Cait001, ButterflyGirl24, Quiddity, and Ms_Mezelmods.

Probably not, being that we're all just nagging housewives that know nothing about pinball at all.

You girls might nag us a little but what would we do without you? In a lot of situations I find it more fun to talk with a group of ladies than men especially when they are drinking.

Got a joke for ya. Its just a joke now so don't be offended

Why do women bitch all the time ? They aren't allowed to sweat, belch or fart so if they don't bitch they will blow up. It's old I know but some still find it funny.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Pinside member for two days and already an idiot... but I'm guessing its just a bogus account he's hiding behind. Probably one of the long term idiots posing as a new idiot... still an idiot!
GLWTS OP!

Why the need to berate folks? How does that make Pinside better?

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Why the need to berate folks? How does that make Pinside better?

Why the need to make up a new account and invade someones FS post just to try to derail it with idiotic comments??? How does this make Pinside better?

#78 7 years ago

You have to collect a tax
Between 2 people?
Cant wait for the us to do that

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from rhinobucket:

Between 2 people?

Normally within Canada, we don't pay tax unless a retailer is selling it.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from rhinobucket:

Between 2 people?

That right there would prevent me from buying it.

#81 7 years ago

Price may be high but it's CC. It ain't going to be cheap and not like it's easy to find in any shape.

#82 7 years ago

PavBall loves Pinside so much she wears her handle on her shirts.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

he doesnt need to justify to you, why hes selling at the price hes asking. move along.

#84 7 years ago

Congrats on the sale... I know you had a couple other guys in line as well. Someone got a nice deal!

#85 7 years ago

The game is now sold, I would like to thank all of those who stood up for my post. I am posting these offers to set a price for a donor game in need of restoration, I had 6 offers on pinside for as low as 7000 and as high as 7700,o couple on MR Pinball and 3 on Kijiji. The game was sold on a Kijiji ad for full asking price.
I just don't understand all the bickering and put downs on my game. Obviously from my pictures I was never trying to hide anything. Must be the luck of the draw as I see Pinny has one up for 7500 Firm, although it is in better shape it still needs the same work done costing the same in repairs. I had to laugh at one post that stated he bought a CC that was an 8 out of 10 for 9000. I'm thinking that's great but its still just an eight and still just a donor game for complete restoration. Another post said to keeping dreaming and it was a total joke, Well the machine is now on its way to a buyer in your town. It also seems funny that a few of those posters condemning the game only own newer nib titles, possibly because they could not handle the work themselves. I for one am not capable of doing a restoration that this game justifies and that is why I put it up for sale. I know my capabilities.
On the other hand maybe I should have changed the easy to get to rubber, sharpied the playfield installed 2 LEDS put on a SuperBand on one flipper and called it restored, and of course raise the price.

If it was not for those great hobbyist that took the time to defend my sale,(in posts and PM) This would have been my last Pinside post. Again thank you.

For those guys that don't like my views. PLEASE, JUST PUT DOWN YOUR PURSE AND PLAY SOME PINBALL

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-bally-1998-2003/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.