IMG_0043_(resized).JPG
IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
IMG_0047_(resized).JPG
IMG_0040_(resized).JPG
IMG_0037_(resized).JPG
DSC_0285_(resized).JPG
DSC_0286[1]_(resized).JPG
DSC_0295[1]_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Cactus Canyon (Bally, 1998)

Added: 2016-06-26 18:15:44 UTC • Ended: July 2nd, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 8,250

Cactus Canyon works great but is in need of a complete restoration. The playfield has some wear from a flipper rubbing. Needs cabinet decals. The game has new DMD. Shipping is not a problem. No tax will charged for machine exported out of Canada. Canadian buyers to pay GST , If picked up or delivered within BC. PST and GST taxes are payable. I have lots of pictures , I am not hiding the defects. 8250USD OBO

Copy and paste the below web address for tons of Pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname= ########## [phone number removed] ########## [phone number removed]5&target=ALBUM&id= ########## [phone number removed]810329345&authkey=Gv1sRgCLXYrpqIkNO7swE&feat=email

Item photos

DSC_0295[1]_(resized).JPG
DSC_0286[1]_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?...

Seller insights

These are gregfilek's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to gregfilek's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

kamloops, BC, CA

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

#2 7 years ago

Wow,that needs some work.

#3 7 years ago

Yeah major work for sure... PF, decals, inside cabinets... LOTS of hours of TLC Would be interested but too much when you add everything up for me

#5 7 years ago

bump

#6 7 years ago

Lol, good luck with that. I got a good laugh reading your kijiji ad and now another. Keep dreaming...

#7 7 years ago

Imagine spending over $8,000 big ones and looking down at this when you go to play it. Wow

DSC_0285_(resized).JPGDSC_0285_(resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

In the seller's defense, that is $6312 in American dollars (I'm assuming he listed it in Canadian). But still high for all the work and parts that would need to go into it. That would take $3000 to get it fully restored.

If you consider coming down to $5k, we can talk.

#9 7 years ago

No, its USD and a total joke.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm assuming he listed it in Canadian)

Nope even wrote USD in his description

#11 7 years ago

Seems like a lot of $$$ for what's being sold.

#12 7 years ago

I don't think it is worth more then $4K, seriously guys, the entire thing is in terrible shape.

#13 7 years ago

#14 7 years ago

If CC was not remake threat there would be substantial demand at this price point for restoration purposes. In September of 2013 this game would have snapped up at this price and sent to HEP in sixty seconds.

#15 7 years ago

^^^^^^ you really think so? I'm not so sure.
Mike

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^^^^^ you really think so? I'm not so sure.
Mike

Yes, back in 2013 HEP restores on MM, MB, and CC were approaching 20k levels (heck, one HEP MM went for 22k that year). Just those three, AFM never made it to that level.

#17 7 years ago

I think this CC is priced pretty fairly actually. I have not seen a CC priced near the 8 grand level... can't remember!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I don't think it is worth more then $4K, seriously guys, the entire thing is in terrible shape.

You've been a Pinside member for a day so I can understand this comment as stupid as it is...

#19 7 years ago

I was thinking with most buyers spending their money on nib machines that this machine in its condition wouldn't fetch that kind of money right now. I see alot of money being thrown around on pre orders and such. I could be very wrong tho.
Mike

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I was thinking with most buyers spending their money on nib machines that this machine in its condition wouldn't fetch that kind of money right now.

Anyone in the market for a CC that doesn't mind doing the work will not find one cheaper. I'm not even in the market for one but if it were local I would grab it for 7k.

#21 7 years ago

Yes it's in pretty rough shape, but this is also the cheapest CC I've seen. If someone that can do the restore themselves could get it for $7500 or so there is plenty of money to be made or they could keep it and have a great game.

$7500 for the game
$1000 for a playfield
$300 for decals
$1500 for other parts
Not sure the cost on CCC

So for around $10500 and 80hrs of work someone could have a game that is easily worth 12-13K and is pretty much flawless.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

$1000 for a playfield
$300 for decals
$1500 for other parts

Isn't most of that "out of stock"?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nope, pretty readily available.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The only thing that might be tough to find is the cabinet decals. Haven't seen any in a while but I bet a few sets are still available.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:I think this CC is priced pretty fairly actually. I have not seen a CC priced near the 8 grand level... can't remember!

Sadly you are probably right. Not a title you see for sale very often.

Why are the remaking AFM again instead of this one? Boggles the mind.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The only thing that might be tough to find is the cabinet decals. Haven't seen any in a while but I bet a few sets are still available.

Mad shows them in stock, Pinball Decals has them and a couple sets on Ebay as well.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

CCr without CCC wouldn't be worth it...

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sadly you are probably right. Not a title you see for sale very often.

He is not right, or else it would have been sold already.

I have been buying and restoring pins for over 20 years. The problem with this machine is the unknowns. When a machine is kept in such poor shape and clearly never maintained, and just beat up over and over again - you have no idea what other 'gremlins' could be in there. The boards are probably ready to go out, wires might be hacked up just to get working, playfield is completely hammered, makeshift repairs that probably screwed other things up, etc.

This example is not worth the asking price for the simple reason no one knows how much it would take to get it in decent condition again. Just because it is a rare game does not make it valuable. This is not a car, its a game. A game that was neglected its entire life and now has an asking price as much as a brand new Hobbit LE and Ghostbusters LE New In Box game, WITH shipping costs. You must really want a Cactus Canyon if you will pay that for a machine in this condition.

BTW I bought my Cactus Canyon in 8/10 shape from a guy on Craigslist 6 months ago for $9K. If you want a CC just be patient and wait for the right deal.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

He is not right, or else it would have been sold already.

That's terrible logic. It hasn't been for sale for a day yet. If it had sold already it would have been underpriced.

The question here is really, what is the benchmark price for a CC "base game." That is - you want one, you are gonna restore one, you need one. Nobody in that market is really going to give two shits about potential "unknowns" as long as it's complete. The "known" is that they plan on restoring it and it really doesn't matter what kind of shape its in now.

You hardly ever see this game for sale. I bet this is AROUND the base price for a base game. time will tell. And by that I mean more than 22 hours.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's terrible logic.

One thing he seems good at...

#31 7 years ago

This seems a bit pricey for a unique fixer-upper opportunity. I know what I would pay for it, and it's nowhere near what the OP is asking for it.

Good luck with your sale, though. There's someone out there desperate enough, I'm sure.

#32 7 years ago

Am I the only one who noticed the OBO on this ad?

Obviously some room to work on the price and I bet people who are actually looking for a CC fixer upper noticed and have contacted the seller.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

One thing he seems good at...

Absolutely not.

Why don't you spend $8,000 on a game that might take another $5,000 to fix, along with 100+ hours of labor?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Anyone in the market for a CC that doesn't mind doing the work will not find one cheaper. I'm not even in the market for one but if it were local I would grab it for 7k.

Thats not what he is asking though,I don't think he would knock that much off the price.
Maybe for the great Teekee,but I don't think so

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

You must really want a Cactus Canyon if you will pay that for a machine in this condition.

This describes the current reality of our hobby. It will sell to someone because they want the game bad enough.

In my experience, you have two choices when dealing with Rare, Expensive Titles.

Option 1: You can play the patience game and pray that you one day find a Cactus Canyon for whatever price you have set.
Option 2: When one hits the market, you determine if the price is acceptable since it means you get the game immediately.

For some collectors, like me, paying a premium to finally add the elusive rare game is a cost of being in this hobby.

If I were looking to buy a Cactus Canyon, I could wait until a mint CC shows up for $500-$1,000 more. But CC is rare enough that I may have to wait years for that game to show up. And saving $500-$1,000 at the cost of waiting 12-24 more months is just not worth it in the long run ... for me.

Marcus

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thats not what he is asking though,I don't think he would knock that much off the price.
Maybe for the great Teekee,but I don't think so

Like I said I am not in the market for a CC but if I were I wouldn't wait for a better price. CC below the 8k price point just don't exist.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

might take another $5,000 to fix

Say what?? Its a fully working CC. $2000 would make this thing beautiful! Yes, it would take plenty of time but that's not an issue for some.

Quoted from Xerico:

If I were looking to buy a Cactus Canyon, I could wait until a mint CC shows up for $500-$1,000 more. But CC is rare enough that I may have to wait years for that game to show up. And saving $500-$1,000 at the cost of waiting 12-24 more months is just not worth it in the long run ... for me.

I would love to find a mint CC for $500-$1,000 more than this one. I figure It would take at least $2000 more for a mint to near mint one...

#38 7 years ago

3-4 years ago I paid $8K for mine and that included shipping from the Netherlands. It came with two or three brand new ramps which I did install as it needed to be done badly and a new set of cabinet decals which I have yet to install. The playfield is not as bad as the one posted but does have quite a bit of areas where the mylar has worn off and looks like crap. I bought a new playfield for it and had Kruzman clear it and its yet to be installed. Pretty sure I put in a brand new DMD if I remember right. I also installed a brand new coin door and fixed all the problems with the game and installed some new parts...., along with things that were missing so atleast the game is playable. Plus I'm still going to have a new cabinet made for it one of these days with the decals already installed, but I don't want to sell off my existing set until that cabinet is in my hands.
I think he's pretty much on target with the price to tell you the truth and you cant sit there and say "we'll what if the boards go out or what if there's hacked wires....?" You cant base it on speculation, you base it on the facts. I'm sure he'll sell it to the right person for that price, you have to remember it's still a CC and I love the game.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

IMG_0037_(resized).JPGIMG_0037_(resized).JPG

IMG_0040_(resized).JPGIMG_0040_(resized).JPG

IMG_0047_(resized).JPGIMG_0047_(resized).JPG

IMG_0049_(resized).JPGIMG_0049_(resized).JPG

IMG_0043_(resized).JPGIMG_0043_(resized).JPG

IMG_0046_(resized).JPGIMG_0046_(resized).JPG

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

The problem with this machine is the unknowns. When a machine is kept in such poor shape and clearly never maintained, and just beat up over and over again - you have no idea what other 'gremlins' could be in there. The boards are probably ready to go out, wires might be hacked up just to get working, playfield is completely hammered, makeshift repairs that probably screwed other things up, etc.

On the other hand is could all be purely cosmetic.

That's the romance of pinball

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure the cost on CCC

This is unavailable as well, no? At least in a complete form with sounds and animations?

#41 7 years ago

I just bought one and with the ccc it is spectacular.an old Williams classic with new software. Thanks Eric!
I think the price is not far off as a base machine from a full restore. Whoever buys it ,provided the boards are solid, and restores will have a beautiful ccc for the right price IMHO. The playfield, ramps, decals and proc are the big expense items but if you do the labor yourself it's worth it.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I just bought one and with the ccc it is spectacular.an old Williams classic with new software. Thanks Eric!
I think the price is not far off as a base machine from a full restore. Whoever buys it ,provided the boards are solid, and restores will have a beautiful ccc for the right price IMHO. The playfield, ramps, decals and proc are the big expense items but if you do the labor yourself it's worth it.

I think for $5500-6K it would be worth the work and the unknowns of how deep you would need to dig into restoring this thing.

#44 7 years ago

Doesn't this get old? The constant bickering back and forth when something goes up for sale. Nobody is right or wrong until the market reveals the truth. You're all just guessing on some level, which is fine.

This pin has been for sale for 1 day like Levi said. And yes, he's right that when a pin sells immediately that person could have gotten more. But you could count on 1 finger the number of people in America who have been waiting forever to buy a CC to restore and decided if one beat the hell machine pops up around 8K, they'll be all over it.

And they do come up for sale, yikes: ebay.com link: CACTUS CANYON PINBALL MACHINE BALLY COLLECTORS CONDITION w PLAQUE

Here's my guess and I may be way off. At this price it won't sell. 7K and it's gone.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I think for $5500-6K it would be worth the work and the unknowns of how deep you would need to dig into restoring this thing.

In a few more days Perfectflaw will be up to $8250 and buying it.

#46 7 years ago

^^^^^ ^^^^

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Doesn't this get old? The constant bickering back and forth when something goes up for sale. Nobody is right or wrong until the market reveals the truth. You're all just guessing on some level, which is fine.
This pin has been for sale for 1 day like Levi said. And yes, he's right that when a pin sells immediately that person could have gotten more. But you could count on 1 finger the number of people in America who have been waiting forever to buy a CC to restore and decided if one beat the hell machine pops up around 8K, they'll be all over it.
And they do come up for sale, yikes: ebay.com link » Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Bally Collectors Condition W Plaque
Here's my guess and I may be way off. At this price it won't sell. 7K and it's gone.

You sound like a nagging housewife, but honestly we all know a woman would never type that- clearly you are a guy hiding behind that alias

#48 7 years ago

IMO location is the biggest problem here. Its priced fairly but most will have to deal with international shipping. That will definitely require the right buyer and means he will have closer to 9k in it. If this were in one of the big cities in the US this would be gone.

GLWTS Op, probably require some patience.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think this CC is priced pretty fairly actually. I have not seen a CC priced near the 8 grand level... can't remember!

Unless you're importing one from overseas.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

IMO location is the biggest problem here. Its priced fairly but most will have to deal with international shipping. That will definitely require the right buyer and means he will have closer to 9k in it. If this were in one of the big cities in the US this would be gone.
GLWTS Op, probably require some patience.

The biggest problem here is that it is a machine in terrible condition that was neglected its entire life, with an asking price of $8,250. Most buyers these days would rather buyer a new in box machine for that money then a beat up 20+ year old clunker needing an overhaul.. sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-bally-1998-2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.