Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Topdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010003_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010004_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1010006_(resized).JPG
P1020029_(resized).JPG
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1010011_(resized).JPG
P1010005_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010002_(resized).JPG
P1010003_(resized).JPG
20140-15223_(resized).png
P1010001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I agree....the high price it commands is due to the lack of production units made. Gameplay is lacking compared to the others that are rumored to be remade at some point.

Agreed. It's truly unfortunate this game wasn't ever completed to see exactly what the final gameplay would have been like.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The upgraded software package changes the gameplay significantly.
It "finished" the game, even though it took nearly 20 years to do it.
Most have not seen the corrections in order to be able to make a proper assessment.
I am unsure if this game truly has the full upgraded software, but at this price it had better have overall.
It does not however justify the above ad cost.

Yeah, I don't consider CCC nor CCEE to be the finished game. They are really cool hobby projects but aren't quite up to snuff with a final production level game; not that I think that was the intent of their respective authors.

This game has CCEE which, to me, doesn't count for much in terms of resale value; but that's just my opinion.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I've owned and played CCC for a while and I think Eric did an amazing job on the code and the community has helped a ton in finding any bugs so that he could polish it.

I never said Eric did a poor job.

Quoted from Drano:

To merely call it a hobby project is a huge understatement IMO. I don't think the guys at BW would've done any better back in the day.

I can't agree with you here. As a coder by profession, I can tell you what's under the hood is very likely *not* what would have been shipped by BW. But again, I don't think this was Eric's intent. From what I understand he was learning as he was going and what he achieved is nothing short of fantastic however it's still not what I would expect from a shipped product. It's a hobby project under the hood; I'll leave it at that. Again, just my professional opinion.

Quoted from Drano:

The modes are well thought out, call-outs are great, animations blend right in and there is a huge amount of new and clever content.
The game already shoots very well and is a fun player with a lot of humor... and now it's actually got some depth!
I don't see CCC like other home-brew ROM attempts with questionable edits. I think a lot of thought was put into imagining "what would Williams have done".

I 100% agree here. In terms of mode design and integration, CCC is great!

Quoted from Drano:

The only part that upsets me is that CCEE is essentially a rip-off; used to profit from Eric's hard work.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the OP chose this option

I agree with this to an extent. Eric put his code and assets out there for anyone to use so for some one to "rip it off" is a bit of a stretch, imo. That being said, I feel Andre (I believe is his name) did cross a line when he took it to the level of reselling it as a 'better' product. To me, that's just sad. Eric did nearly all of the work and did it in tasteful way; as you said, "What would Williams have done?". From what I've seen of CCEE, it's basically the bloatware you get on a new PC that everyone uninstalls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside