Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Topdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010003_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010004_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1010006_(resized).JPG
P1020029_(resized).JPG
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1010011_(resized).JPG
P1010005_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010002_(resized).JPG
P1010003_(resized).JPG
20140-15223_(resized).png
P1010001_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 17,900

for sale

For sale: Cactus Canyon (Bally, 1998)

Added: January 12th, 2016 Re-listed: 2 times Ended: August 31st, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Clearcoated playfield with all the parts on new, LED, invisibleglass, cabinet artwork decals new(some bubble around legs, common problem). Legs, lockbar, shooter + plate, siderail, hinges and coin door chromed.

New: plastics, ramps, keep out+mine cover, flipper rebuild assy,shooter kicker assy, latch lockbar, drop targets,stand target, opto controller board new and more...

CCEE inside(the best version if you want to add mods supported by programming) with color display, mug beer led, aliens strobe, audio kit sound stereo with 3D effect and shaker motor.

All these additions are professional components. Zotac Mini PC, P-roc board, audio kit box with speakers, shaker motor and other mods are made by a professional. No home made kit or junk, i repeat all professionnal components only.

With this package, the game is very exciting and much deeper. Many new and exciting things as reverse flipper, aliens vs cowboys, ambush, rescue the train... In addition, you have the choice to start with original version or extended.

Vintage title in DMD machine with extended game it's simply the beautiful and the best mix!!! This machine becomes an obligatory passage in your line-up or even to stay. $17900usd.

I palletize carefully and safely for free. You arrange the transport with carrier, broker and customs if necessary all at your expense. Extremely rare don't miss this chance!

Item photos

P1010001_(resized).JPG
P1010003_(resized).JPG
P1010002_(resized).JPG
P1010005_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010011_(resized).JPG
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1020029_(resized).JPG
P1010006_(resized).JPG
P1010013_(resized).JPG
P1010004_(2)_(resized).JPG
P1010003_(2)_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

lévis, QC, CA

Seller insights

These are rsss's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to rsss's stats page

#4 3 years ago

Yeah, let me just go dig into the petty cash jar.

#5 3 years ago

TABARNAK!

#6 3 years ago

I'll take 2 please.

#7 3 years ago

well if Canadian funds, then this isn't all that bad about 9,600 usd. ?

#8 3 years ago

Great price
Bump for seller

#9 3 years ago

Are you all being serious about this being a good price ?

#10 3 years ago

Booo. Booooo.

20140-15223_(resized).png

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are you all being serious about this being a good price ?

It's a good price for the seller.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

well if Canadian funds, then this isn't all that bad about 9,600 usd. ?

Ad text states "$16500usd"

#14 3 years ago

beautiful game, if the price wasn't firm I would throw an offer out there. Would love to have an example this nice.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't you right now?

No I would really like to get one though. I saw the ad and was excited until I saw the pricing. I was very close to purchasing another pinsiders game at 10.5k with ccc but no color dmd, didn't pull the trigger because it needed to be restored. Hoping to find one like this pretty much done.

#17 3 years ago

oh, I didn't realize this wasn't your ad. I was looking through all your other ones and this was in the cluster. My bad.

#18 3 years ago

I did a Google search for "Cactus Canyon Promo Code" in hopes I could get a $6500 coupon code for this item from RetailMeNot. I was disappointed when I couldn't find one.

#19 3 years ago

This is why PPS is successful with $8k remakes
Crazy high prices for originals
With the current prices for MB, TZ, and TOTAN I can easily see this one being remade first
I'll wait for CCR (or should I say CCCR)

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I did a Google search for "Cactus Canyon Promo Code" in hopes I could get a $6500 coupon code for this item from RetailMeNot. I was disappointed when I couldn't find one.

That's pretty funny right there. Sign up for spam emails and maybe you will get a 10% off coupon. lulz

#21 3 years ago

Un osti de belle machine en tout cas

#22 3 years ago

Hahahahaha ha.....

$90m by valentines

#23 3 years ago

That's $23,100.00 CAN. Holy Crap. I sold mine years ago. Found the game uber boring with original code. Gun fight was cool. I'd be in for a CCCR at the right price but $23k is hitting it out of the park.

#24 3 years ago

hqdefault_(resized).jpg

No stopping the avalanche.

Another "collector" cashing out.

If you sell them all to a broker, you might move them faster and you will get the around 75% asking price of 4 out of 5.

No shipping limits your options, regardless of pallet.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Un osti de belle machine en tout cas

What he said dammit!

#27 3 years ago

No free shipping? I'm out.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why are you selling it?

I'll give you 16500 reasons.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why are you selling it?

Does it come with a car too?

GLWS

#30 3 years ago

I'm still sticking to my original post, 16,500 cdn is about right for this machine! perhaps its just a misprint

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm still sticking to my original post, 16,500 cdn is about right for this machine! perhaps its just a misprint

Have you seen the prices on the other games for sale by OP? It's not a misprint.

1 week later
#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Have you seen the prices on the other games for sale by OP? It's not a misprint.

I noticed that too. Pretty much explains it all IMO.

3 months later
#33 3 years ago

#34 3 years ago

Same thing happened to this OP on a Canadian forum.
Brutal prices but he defended them vehemently! His games are the BEST!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

With the current prices for MB, TZ, and TOTAN I can easily see this one being remade first

What year are you thinking this will come out? Not saying this is a great deal but I wouldn't be expecting to see a remake of CC in the next 5 years.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What year are you thinking this will come out? Not saying this is a great deal but I wouldn't be expecting to see a remake of CC in the next 5 years.

Lots of opinions to choose from. My opinion is it will never be remade.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lots of opinions to choose from. My opinion is it will never be remade.

I agree....the high price it commands is due to the lack of production units made. Gameplay is lacking compared to the others that are rumored to be remade at some point.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I agree....the high price it commands is due to the lack of production units made. Gameplay is lacking compared to the others that are rumored to be remade at some point.

Agreed. It's truly unfortunate this game wasn't ever completed to see exactly what the final gameplay would have been like.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Agreed. It's truly unfortunate this game wasn't ever completed to see exactly what the final gameplay would have been like.

The upgraded software package changes the gameplay significantly.
It "finished" the game, even though it took nearly 20 years to do it.
Most have not seen the corrections in order to be able to make a proper assessment.
I am unsure if this game truly has the full upgraded software, but at this price it had better have overall.

It does not however justify the above ad cost.

#40 3 years ago

Hmm. Big bang bar or CC? What to choose...

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The upgraded software package changes the gameplay significantly.
It "finished" the game, even though it took nearly 20 years to do it.
Most have not seen the corrections in order to be able to make a proper assessment.
I am unsure if this game truly has the full upgraded software, but at this price it had better have overall.
It does not however justify the above ad cost.

Yeah, I don't consider CCC nor CCEE to be the finished game. They are really cool hobby projects but aren't quite up to snuff with a final production level game; not that I think that was the intent of their respective authors.

This game has CCEE which, to me, doesn't count for much in terms of resale value; but that's just my opinion.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Yeah, I don't consider CCC nor CCEE to be the finished game. They are really cool hobby projects but aren't quite up to snuff with a final production level game; not that I think that was the intent of their respective authors.
This game has CCEE which, to me, doesn't count for much in terms of resale value; but that's just my opinion.

I've owned and played CCC for a while and I think Eric did an amazing job on the code and the community has helped a ton in finding any bugs so that he could polish it.
To merely call it a hobby project is a huge understatement IMO. I don't think the guys at BW would've done any better back in the day.
The modes are well thought out, call-outs are great, animations blend right in and there is a huge amount of new and clever content.
The game already shoots very well and is a fun player with a lot of humor... and now it's actually got some depth!
I don't see CCC like other home-brew ROM attempts with questionable edits. I think a lot of thought was put into imagining "what would Williams have done".

The only part that upsets me is that CCEE is essentially a rip-off; used to profit from Eric's hard work.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the OP chose this option

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I've owned and played CCC for a while and I think Eric did an amazing job on the code and the community has helped a ton in finding any bugs so that he could polish it.

I never said Eric did a poor job.

Quoted from Drano:

To merely call it a hobby project is a huge understatement IMO. I don't think the guys at BW would've done any better back in the day.

I can't agree with you here. As a coder by profession, I can tell you what's under the hood is very likely *not* what would have been shipped by BW. But again, I don't think this was Eric's intent. From what I understand he was learning as he was going and what he achieved is nothing short of fantastic however it's still not what I would expect from a shipped product. It's a hobby project under the hood; I'll leave it at that. Again, just my professional opinion.

Quoted from Drano:

The modes are well thought out, call-outs are great, animations blend right in and there is a huge amount of new and clever content.
The game already shoots very well and is a fun player with a lot of humor... and now it's actually got some depth!
I don't see CCC like other home-brew ROM attempts with questionable edits. I think a lot of thought was put into imagining "what would Williams have done".

I 100% agree here. In terms of mode design and integration, CCC is great!

Quoted from Drano:

The only part that upsets me is that CCEE is essentially a rip-off; used to profit from Eric's hard work.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the OP chose this option

I agree with this to an extent. Eric put his code and assets out there for anyone to use so for some one to "rip it off" is a bit of a stretch, imo. That being said, I feel Andre (I believe is his name) did cross a line when he took it to the level of reselling it as a 'better' product. To me, that's just sad. Eric did nearly all of the work and did it in tasteful way; as you said, "What would Williams have done?". From what I've seen of CCEE, it's basically the bloatware you get on a new PC that everyone uninstalls.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

I agree I think the order of Re-Makes will be AFM
MB
CC
TOM
TOTAN
BBB
???????

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside