Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73948EE6-4812-4FF9-9216-28315379BD94 (resized).jpeg
97CE6D75-52BF-44A1-ACB5-4E4E49D5DBCA (resized).jpeg
0A814B3D-FD8A-451A-B875-87E21A220BF1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5238 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 3 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 18,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Cactus Canyon

Added: January 15th, 2019 Re-listed: 1 time
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Cactus Canyon (HEP), 1999 Bally: 18,000
HEP(Christopher Hutchins) restored cactus canyon. Plaque #902 matches the serial # of the machine. Zero blemishes, zero issues. Perfect in every way. Color dot matrix display, laseriffic topper. Has Test 0.2 ROM, chrome guns with pearl handles. Chrome legs, lock-down bar & rails. Mirror blades. LED eyes in bart by Chris himself. Chrome train & stock train included. LEDs under playfield, regular bulbs in G.I. I see a lot of CC for sale with “perfect, but.” or “only minor wear.” this machine is the nicest CC in the Country and plays perfectly as tuned by Chris. Game number 902 out of 925 made. Plaque matches serial number. Plaque has not been mounted to game. It is in a zip lock bag and included. The game is perfect.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Cumming, Georgia, US

Seller insights

These are Apollon's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Apollon's stats page

1 week later
#46 88 days ago

I didn’t post pictures on purpose. Anyone willing to spend the kind of money this or any HEP title warrants, will contact me directly and I will handle either in person or directly. Thank you for the kind words. Chris, you are nothing short of an artist. We appreciate your work every day. There is no comparison to a HEP pin. It is our measuring stick. My whole family enjoys pinball and has great appreciation for a pristine game. I am very fortunate and do not take it for granted. Happy flipping.

#48 88 days ago

That’s what I get for using Siri.....without my glasses on. Obviously, meant “granted”.

#57 87 days ago

I wish everyone in the pinball community could have the resources, funds, opportunity, time, or whatever it may be to own a HEP machine from start to finish. Yes, first and foremost, you will have an amazing machine that not only looks literally better than new. It will play better than new. It will also be virtually indestructible (within reason - under normal play). But that is not the entire story..... The initial “get to know you” conversations, the details about what is expected, and the initial game inspection once he receives it are fantastic and really get you excited. Once your game restoration is started. The real pearls are the email updates about progress and notes and all the little details. A previous poster was exactly right. You May. It pick out every detail by looking at a finished machine. But you will notice it along the progress. It is a HEP “experience”. We have sent many many games to Chris. We are at the point where we have almost run out of games to send. The next one in line for us, my wife does t want to send yet because she likes
Playing it so much and would miss it. She actually asked if we could buy another of the same title while we send Chris ours and then sell it once we got ours back. That is guy logic if I’ve ever heard it.

#60 87 days ago

I did not chrome the coin door on purpose because in my humble opinion it was over the top and does not enhance the theme. That’s why I kept the original train and had a chrome one done. So I could always change it back. I have also toyed with (and I will if I keep it) on having another train professionally painted by a modeling painter. I think that would look nice.

I did use a chrome coin door on a BOP restore I did and it was ok but in the end, I thought it was overkill. When I got my HEP BOP, it was crystal clear. I sold my other BOP.

1 week later
#62 74 days ago

Selling/buying a pin of this price range, in my experience, is kinda like buying a car or something similar. There will be phone calls, emails, lots of communications. People don’t just come across this thread and go “oh, maybe I’ll buy that”. It takes the right buyer. But, I respect your opinion and agree it might be applicable on a pin of lesser cost and rareity.

#63 74 days ago

Would trade for Star Wars Premium, Deadpool Premium, & Iron Maiden Premium.

#70 73 days ago

I would put my HEP AFM, HEP MM, and HEP MB next to any special edition remake of the same title and they would blow the remakes away as far as feel, smooth play, durability, and attention to detail. They are not in the same category. Not knocking them just to be clear. It’s just apples & oranges.

They do have their place. Lots of people can own those titles for reasonable amounts of money. The HEP market, from what I have seen first hand, is unaffected. I don’t have to sell my HEP CC. That allows me to be ultra picky. I get PM’d all the time about my HEP collection with offers of sale & trade. I still have them because we love them.

#73 73 days ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Sounds like a case for creating entirely separate game ID's on Pinside so we're not constantly confused, and know to pay more.

LoL. Just send a pin to HEP. You’ll see.

#75 73 days ago

I think original player quality games and maybe even well taken care of shopped games may take a hit on resale value based on a remake of that particular title. I am of the opinion based on my experience and feelings that a HEP example of a remake is not affected.

#77 73 days ago

I’m not specifically using Pinside as my target. I list stuff on MrPinball as well as our local Bash site. It’s all Google searchable. As far as I know, there is no HEP classified. There is a lot of word of mouth. They always seem to find me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside